What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos (8 Viewers)

I like the Wizards matchup for the Sixers in that it's kind of a Brooklyn lite opponent. Two very talented scorers and no defense to be found. Sixers should end it in 5 maybe a sweep if they are taking things seriously but it will be a good tune up to face the Nets later on. 

Wiz looked good tonight.   76ers a tough match for them.  Nobody can stop Embiid.  Harris will be tough to guard.  Simmons can keep Westbrook off the boards.  And Beal has been the scoring in the 3 regular season games vs them, and he looks hobbled. 

The only hope they have is in that in those 3 games, I think Wagner, Matthews, and Avdija were starters.  Maybe Bryant in the first one too.  So the 76ers haven't see the roster that the Wiz will roll out.  It's not much to lean on as a Wiz fan, but there's like that 1% chance :)
Yeah. I think the bigs for the Wizards are particularly weak. Embiid should feast.

Bjorkgren has to be the first coach to go. Pacers had lot of injury but never looked that good all year. Too much money and talent to not make the playoffs.
They need to rebuild the team though. Sabonis and Turner don’t mesh well together. Turner needs to go. And they have too many guards that all want the ball in their hands to be shooters and none of them really want to play defense.

They look like a team that has been built just by adding a bunch of players instead of creating a vision and finding pieces that fit that vision.

But you are also correct in that Bjorken was never able to take the parts and make them into any kind of sensible whole either. And with the rumors that the players don’t like him, he needs to go.

They need to rebuild the team though. Sabonis and Turner don’t mesh well together. Turner needs to go. And they have too many guards that all want the ball in their hands to be shooters and none of them really want to play defense.

They look like a team that has been built just by adding a bunch of players instead of creating a vision and finding pieces that fit that vision.

But you are also correct in that Bjorken was never able to take the parts and make them into any kind of sensible whole either. And with the rumors that the players don’t like him, he needs to go.
I think Turner would be nice in Dallas. Just not sure there's a fit for trade unfortunately.

The Pacers have such a ridiculous variance. Absolutely blow out a team one night and then get blown out the next. If they played defense at all they might actually be dangerous.
what is this "defense" of which you speak? i have heard tales of it on dark winter nights, but i dont recall ever seeing one...

what is this "defense" of which you speak? i have heard tales of it on dark winter nights, but i dont recall ever seeing one...
It made an appearance in Boston on Tuesday night.  We shall see if it shows its face again vs. a much more challenging offense tomorrow night.

I think Sabonis is the better player, but his skill set is much easier to replace than Turners and his trade value is going to be much higher, I would think. I would trade Sabonis before Turner.

They should be hitting the offensive boards.

Guess they expect Curry to make every shot*

*I do, personally..heh

Last edited by a moderator:
It always amuses me when the announcers talk about Tillman being a "steal" in the second round. That was a very predictable steal. Anyone who watched the Big Ten the last couple of years would have predicted he'd be good in the NBA.

Too many turnovers still by GS.   Officiating has become more inconsistent.  4th quarter is going to be extremely physical.

After starting out aggressive, Ja seems afraid to shoot now.

Well 0/6 on the play in games!  But I placed too much weight on upset picks.  These are going to be more responsible.

Bucks by 8
Clippers by 4
Nets by 10
Blazers by 3

Whoever thought of the play in tournament should be fired.
The way Evan got them to set it up is genius. 

We got 2 mediocre games, 3 really compelling games, and one pretty good game. Plus the lack of almost all stupid end of season ####ty basketball EVEN with the compressed 72 game schedule. It feels like a rousing success to me. I think they'll try to promote him. Hopefully. Not really much room to promote him to anything.

It always amuses me when the announcers talk about Tillman being a "steal" in the second round. That was a very predictable steal. Anyone who watched the Big Ten the last couple of years would have predicted he'd be good in the NBA.
Same with Dillon Brooks. I can't believe some of the guys who fall sometimes. Like - has NBA size, has NBA skill, works his ### off, and extremely competitive. Very high basketball IQ. I know a couple teams would have taken him sooner, but only a couple.

The way Evan got them to set it up is genius. 

We got 2 mediocre games, 3 really compelling games, and one pretty good game. Plus the lack of almost all stupid end of season ####ty basketball EVEN with the compressed 72 game schedule. It feels like a rousing success to me. I think they'll try to promote him. Hopefully. Not really much room to promote him to anything.
Yeah - while there’s a little to dislike I think it stems more from fighting change - I think the play-in concept has been a huge success.

Users who are viewing this thread