Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Terrance Mann is good

14 minutes ago, SWC said:

so what you are saying is that he will never be kelly oubre got it take that to the bank bromigos 

That just seems unfair to Lowry to try to compare him to Oubre’s standard. Like back in the day when a friend thought Mark Price could give Jordan a run for his money.

• Laughing 1
  • Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

GUESS WHAT I AM DOING TODAY??????                 Going to see the Knicks @ Clippers in staples -- wooot wooot, been so long. then... heading for mali

Guys, this thread sucks every year. 

Hickory dickory dock, Ben’s 3 bounced off the shot clock. OH!

6 minutes ago, caustic said:

It looks like Porter will have more competition at PF, @Kev4029:

Shams Charania @ShamsCharania

The Orlando Magic are progressing on a trade to send Aaron Gordon to the Denver Nuggets, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium.

11:18 AM · Mar 25, 2021

Great place for him. Just go catch alleys all day. 

• Like 2

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn

Washington is trading Troy Brown and Mo Wagner to Chicago for Daniel Gafford and Chandler Hutchinson, sources tell ESPN.

11:26 AM · Mar 25, 2021

• Thinking 1
4 minutes ago, caustic said:

Washington is trading Troy Brown and Mo Wagner to Chicago for Daniel Gafford and Chandler Hutchinson, sources tell ESPN.

Blockbuster!

• Like 2
1 minute ago, caustic said:

Looks like Denver is sending Gary Harris, RJ Hampton, and a 1st in exchange for Gordon.

Wow that's a stunning price to me.  That's essentially 2 firsts and Harris.  Do people around the league really think he's that good?

7 minutes ago, caustic said:

Four players who aren’t very good. 

• Laughing 2
1 minute ago, hxperson said:

Wow that's a stunning price to me.  That's essentially 2 firsts and Harris.  Do people around the league really think he's that good?

Harris has been a shell of himself (or maybe the more correct way to say it is that 17/18 was an outlier), so it's really 2 low first round picks for him and I'd say that's more than fair for Future All Star Jeff Green

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, caustic said:

Looks like Denver is sending Gary Harris, RJ Hampton, and a 1st in exchange for Gordon.

I'd like it more for Denver if I thought Porter could play the 3. He's literally Jabari Parker as a 3.

I think Hampton's gonna be a nice player long term. At worst IMO, he has a long NBA career. 

Harris peaked long ago IMO. 

Sacramento is finalizing a deal to send Nemanja Bjelica to the Miami. Heat, sources tell ESPN.

11:40 AM · Mar 25, 2021

ETA: Miami is sending Moe Harkless and Chris Silva to the Kings.

Edited by caustic
  • Sad 1

Harris is bad and that first round pick will be 20 or later. Don’t know much about Hampton but people seem to like him. Seems like a meh return but at least the Magic have totally moved on. 

9 minutes ago, hxperson said:

It is pick # 24 past last year who has shown nothing. A future late first roundr, and the trash that is Gary Harris.

Great deal for DEN. Terrible get by ORL

Just now, Craig_MiamiFL said:

I've been out of the loop this AM, Bulls got Vucevic? :lmao: 

For FN Carter?!?! And soon to be free agent Porter??

And 2 first rounders. They can’t be done. I think Lonzo for Lauri and change is coming. They need to upgrade at PG. 

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, Juxtatarot said:

If the Bulls can get Lonzo today too, it will be quite a good day.

I don't know if Pelicans would want them, but I'd deal both Coby and Lauri in a heartbeat for Lonzo.

(Edit: If either has been dealt already just ignore. Just found out the Bulls got Vucevic a minute ago. Still stunned all they had to give was FN Carter and Porter Jr)

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

The Oklahoma City Thunder are finalizing trading George Hill to the Philadelphia 76ers, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium.

11:43 AM · Mar 25, 2021

ETA: Philadelphia is acquiring OKC's George Hill for Tony Bradley, Terrance Ferguson, and two future second-round picks, sources tell ESPN. Austin Rivers goes to OKC as part of a three-way deal. Ferguson to NYK.

Edited by caustic
  • Like 2
Just now, Juxtatarot said:

And 2 first rounders. They can’t be done. I think Lonzo for Lauri and change is coming. They need to upgrade at PG. 

Ah, that makes a bit of sense. Will want to see the protections.

Just checked my Twitter feed and it said "Carter Jr and Porter (and nothing more) for Vucevic) 

2 minutes ago, the moops said:

It is pick # 24 past last year who has shown nothing. A future late first roundr, and the trash that is Gary Harris.

I guess I'm just underrating Gordon then, because I've always thought he's pretty trash too.   He's always injured, whiny, has a big contract, and every time I watch him he's chucking and missing big shots.

Woah!

Toronto has traded Norm Powell to Portland for Gary Trent and Rodney Hood, sources tell ESPN.

11:46 AM · Mar 25, 2021

• Like 1
1 minute ago, hxperson said:

I guess I'm just underrating Gordon then, because I've always thought he's pretty trash too.   He's always injured, whiny, has a big contract, and every time I watch him he's chucking and missing big shots.

Gary Harris will get paid 21 million next year.

Aaron Gordon will make 16 million

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, caustic said:

The Oklahoma City Thunder are finalizing trading George Hill to the Philadelphia 76ers, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium.

ETA: Philadelphia is acquiring OKC's George Hill for Tony Bradley, Terrance Ferguson, and two future second-round picks, sources tell ESPN. Austin Rivers goes to OKC as part of a three-way deal. Ferguson to NYK.

I like this move.

11 minutes ago, caustic said:

Must mean Lowry's going to the Lakers, if anywhere.  I guess he could be going to the Heat as well.

Edited by Sammy3469
  • Thinking 1
10 minutes ago, Capella said:

Harris is bad and that first round pick will be 20 or later. Don’t know much about Hampton but people seem to like him. Seems like a meh return but at least the Magic have totally moved on. 

Woj says the 1st is a protected 2025 pick.

• Laughing 2
8 minutes ago, caustic said:

wow that is quite a bit for Hill, little surprised at that price if it is true. I'll miss Tony Bradley

Terrance Ferguson is having himself a fun career though. Sit on a bench, get traded, sit on a bench..

1 minute ago, the moops said:

Gary Harris will get paid 21 million next year.

Aaron Gordon will make 16 million

I didn't realize he had a declining salary.  That's interesting...thanks for pointing that out.  I see some value now.   I still think he stinks, although maybe thats just from the perspective of a Raptors fan who consistantly watched him on the Magic sucking year in year out in the first round.

9 minutes ago, hxperson said:

No, that’s about right 

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1
2 minutes ago, Capella said:

No, that’s about right 

How would you rate Vucevic’s defense? I’ve never thought of him as much of a defense player but I haven’t paid much attention.

10 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

I like this move.

everybody likes George Hill til they have him a while. he's even better than Danny Green at showing folks how to regress to the mean.

• Like 1
Just now, Juxtatarot said:

How would you rate Vucevic’s defense? I’ve never thought of him as much of a defense player but I haven’t paid much attention.

Terrible at protecting the rim. He knows where to be at least. Not exactly Mutumbo in the middle but his offense makes up for it. 

• Thanks 1
37 minutes ago, caustic said:

look for LaVine's shooting % to go down. the reflective glare off their big men could be blinding

speaking of which, do we start calling Vuc "Curly" now, to go with Mo & Lauri?

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, caustic said:

Woj says the 1st is a protected 2025 pick.

Yikes. 

I do like Hampton's potential quite a bit and Gordon/Porter Jr is gonna be quite an interesting fit at 3/4 (assuming that's how they plan to go) but I'd take Gordon in that deal.

53 minutes ago, caustic said:

It looks like Porter will have more competition at PF, @Kev4029:

The Orlando Magic are progressing on a trade to send Aaron Gordon to the Denver Nuggets, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium.

11:18 AM · Mar 25, 2021

I love this trade. Gordon is a better version of what the Nuggets had with Jerami Grant last season (worse shooter, better player) and Harris was increasingly more injured and less effective on the offensive end. RJ Hampton has a chance to be a contributor and his athleticism is very impressive, but not that sad to lose him. I give this a A/A- for the Nuggies.

• Like 2
44 minutes ago, hxperson said:

Harris is a negative value contract, Hampton still has a long ways to go, and I assume the draft pick will be mediocre to poor for a first rounder. I kind of view this as 1.5 first rounders for Gordon and 0.5 first rounders to have Orlando take the Harris contract.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Kev4029 said:

I love this trade. Gordon is a better version of what the Nuggets had with Jerami Grant last season (worse shooter, better player)

Whoa whoa whoa

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, whoknew said:

Oklahoma City now has a projected 34 draft picks over the next 7 years.

17- First

17- Second

:lmao:

should help me get partners for my Sallisaw G-league franchise

38 minutes ago, the moops said:

Hampton has looked like a 19 year old without a lot of high level experience that has all of the unteachable traits that would make for a successful NBA player. I think there is a fair chance he ends up as passable starting guard or a nice high volume 6th man type. The median outcome is probably a decent 4th guard.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Kev4029 said:

Harris is a negative value contract, Hampton still has a long ways to go, and I assume the draft pick will be mediocre to poor for a first rounder. I kind of view this as 1.5 first rounders for Gordon and 0.5 first rounders to have Orlando take the Harris contract.

I'm still surprised people see Gordon as a positive value contract, to be honest.  And a bit stunned you think he's better than Jerami Grant.

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, hxperson said:

I'm still surprised people see Gordon as a positive value contract, to be honest.  And a bit stunned you think he's better than Jerami Grant.

Grant was mostly just fine for the Nuggets until the Clippers series (his on-off numbers were atrocious). Prior to the playoffs there was some discussion on if he would take his player option of like $8M. The 20-21 Grant is a completely different player than the 19-20 Grant. 

Edited by Kev4029
21 minutes ago, Kev4029 said:

I love this trade. Gordon is a better version of what the Nuggets had with Jerami Grant last season (worse shooter, better player) and Harris was increasingly more injured and less effective on the offensive end. RJ Hampton has a chance to be a contributor and his athleticism is very impressive, but not that sad to lose him. I give this a A/A- for the Nuggies.

i know there is still an hour and a half left before the deadline, but i think the Nuggets are the clear winner right now. 

44 minutes ago, wikkidpissah said:

everybody likes George Hill til they have him a while. he's even better than Danny Green at showing folks how to regress to the mean.

I mean he can be a meaningful contributor to a playoff team and he was had for spare parts. 

i didn't see this one in here yet, but Blazers get a nice upgrade too. West will be some tough playoff rounds:

The Toronto Raptors have traded Norman Powell to the Portland Trail Blazers in exchange for Gary Trent Jr. and Rodney Hood, a source confirmed to The Athletic.

• Capella changed the title to 2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Terrance Mann is good