What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos (4 Viewers)

As a Houston fan, it's been a tough year.  Stros, Bill O'Brien and now this.  Crossing fingers we don't see another D. Hopkins like firesale.  If I'm the GM, I'm holding out for Jrue type offers.  Harden is the reason Houston got in this mess with Westbrook.  I wouldn't let him off so easy.  No need to rush.  He's been coddled way too long.  

One key difference is that the Pels didn't really have to trade Jrue.  I think they could have gone either way and were curious to see if they could get a godfather offer.  They did, so they went with it.  The Rockets seemingly are getting a lot of pressure from Harden and his camp and with Harden turning down the extension, they are losing some leverage.
Nets are gonna have to find another team IMO if they want Harden. 

Most nearly every team in the league will be interested in Harden. And many of which will be able to offer a better package....both centered around a better player or/and better picks.

Levert is an asset as a primary player. (Again your team won't be very good if he's primary player....in your first unit). He's not a complimentary player. Nor does he play defense (regularly replaced end of games because of it).

Wouldn't be surprised at all if Miami swoops in. You'd think Philly would already have this done. It feels like another situation where Riley is laying in the weeds to snap up another star. Obviously they'd probably have to part with SuperHerro.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think I've ever been less excited for an NBA draft.  What an uninspiring class.
You shut your mouth.  The Wolves hit the jackpot with what will amount to be the most valuable #1 overall pick of the decade.  At least that’s what I’m convincing myself of as I flop between three very flawed top prospects on a daily basis.  

As it stands, I think I’d go with Edwards and hope that he cares enough to develop into an assassin as the go to guy in crunch time and a lock down defender on the other end.  Ball is such a tragedy on defense, which fits all too well in with the rest of this Wolves team, that I just cringe at the thought.  They’d give up 130+ per game with a Ball/Russell/KAT core.

You shut your mouth.  The Wolves hit the jackpot with what will amount to be the most valuable #1 overall pick of the decade.  At least that’s what I’m convincing myself of as I flop between three very flawed top prospects on a daily basis.  

As it stands, I think I’d go with Edwards and hope that he cares enough to develop into an assassin as the go to guy in crunch time and a lock down defender on the other end.  Ball is such a tragedy on defense, which fits all too well in with the rest of this Wolves team, that I just cringe at the thought.  They’d give up 130+ per game with a Ball/Russell/KAT core.
I agree.  They need a dog, and Edwards seems like the best fit.  I need to check out that ESPN story and learn more about him.

next on brohanovic  first off with a name like brohanovic you already know i think it was totally worth it i am sad to lose donte and a little bit ersan but wilson i have always viewed as a guy who had potential and never blossomed for the bangos maybe in sacramento with no one watching or caring about his team he will be great and maybe the bright lights of sacramanto will do his soul good i mean hey who doesnt love good old sacramento anyhow brohanovic is a great shooter that no one knows about because its just too hard to watch sacramento for most people and realize how good it is there and how crappy the rest of our lives are since we are not in sacramento anyhow brohanovic is a clutch shooter look it up and between him middleton and jrue you have three guys that you have to guard because they can shoot and that forces defenses to either guard them or guard giannis but you cant do both since you cannot have ten players on your team on the court at once that is a rule of basketball you only get five anyhow i like this move too and i hope that dj wilson becomes a dj and is the biggest thing ever to hit the already amazing sacramento take that to the bank brochachos
dj's behind like 3 guys out in sacbromento, too. destined to become another lively tweener like Vonleh or Nance that someone always thinks they got someone better than. and you can deposit that for minimal interest, brompoundo...

• Love
Reactions: SWC
gonna give the knicks a chance here reluctantly.  they can always buy a 2nd if need be.  this draft kinda sux, so moving 23 and 8 to go up would be great, but i thought they were more likely to deal back from 8.  look, when you have frank ntilikina, you pretty much can just sit tight.

I agree.  They need a dog, and Edwards seems like the best fit.  I need to check out that ESPN story and learn more about him.
Oh man, just read it.  It’s, ummm, concerning on the “cares enough” front which is something you can see at times when watching him play.  Well if we draft him and he plays like he doesn’t care, he’ll fit right in.  🤷🏼‍♂️

Adding Edwards will be teaming a chill dood with two other guys who've chilled major talent into winlessness. They will need to be coached up by an apparition of flaming Thibodeau underpants to even break a sweat

Oh man, just read it.  It’s, ummm, concerning on the “cares enough” front which is something you can see at times when watching him play.  Well if we draft him and he plays like he doesn’t care, he’ll fit right in.  🤷🏼‍♂️
Think I'm leaning LaMelo at this point. 

This should clear everything up:

Matt Babcock

@MattBabcock11

·

3h

Rumors: the T’Wolves don’t want #1. They could move back for Obi, or take Wiseman and trade him later. The Cavs want Obi too. The Hornets and Spurs want Wiseman. Ball to Hornets over Big O, if they can't get Wiseman. Williams to Pistons. Vassell or Achiuwa to Wizards...

gruecd said:
A Jimmy Butler type would really help anyone out.
Come on now, I would take an Al Horford type all day everyday over a hard working clutch player on both sides of the court who can will his team to wins.

Now reading Morey really doesn't want to break up Embiid-Simmons and is working on something significant where they can keep both (Beal or Lavine?)

SayWhat? said:
Yeah, I don't like hearing my potential #1 overall pick say things like, "I can't watch basketball."  Or even worse, "I'm still not really into it."

If he could play football instead, he'd let basketball go, because in football, "You can spike the ball.  You can dance.  You can do all type of disrespectful stuff."

Oh, and he's an aspiring rapper.

Hard pass.  :thumbdown:

Yeah, I don't like hearing my potential #1 overall pick say things like, "I can't watch basketball."  Or even worse, "I'm still not really into it."

If he could play football instead, he'd let basketball go, because in football, "You can spike the ball.  You can dance.  You can do all type of disrespectful stuff."

That’s exactly how I felt.  But then what?  Ball?  Oof.  This is a terrible spot to be in.

Trade back for Halliburton. Great kid.  Grew up not too far from where I did here in Wisconsin.
I’m 100% on board with Halliburton.  My favorite player in this class.  He’ll be a solid 10+ year floor general that actually plays some D as well.

BOMB:

Josh Robbins @JoshuaBRobbins

Breaking, per an NBA source: The Magic have agreed to trade their second-round pick (45th overall) in tonight’s draft to the Milwaukee Bucks for two future second-round picks.

2:12 PM · Nov 18, 2020
The Bucks quest to get these is strong this year.

Trade back for Halliburton. Great kid.  Grew up not too far from where I did here in Wisconsin.
I've seen quite a few that think he's a Top 5 pick.

Obviously likelihood of it happening seems remote (from mocks out there), but personally wouldn't be shocked if he were first PG taken either. The no D-shaky shot concerns with Ball aren't there for Halliburton. I don't see him making it to the Knicks pick. 

When you're dumpster fire franchises like Minnesota-Charlotte, I can see them going for the perceived high upside potential. Maybe one of them will light a fire under KAT. I'm sure he'll get motivated one day. For sure. 100%

SayWhat? said:
He basically admitted multiple times that he loves football, but happens to be better at basketball.

Juxtatarot said:
Maybe they'll combine 23 with 8 to move up a few slots and pick a player that probably would have fallen to 8 anyway.
Bulls for 4 ? Bulls appear to want a inside/ swing player if keeping Levine, White and Satoransky?  

Just saw this.  Yeah, this was the best part of the article.

Bulls for 4 ? Bulls appear to want a inside/ swing player if keeping Levine, White and Satoransky?  
I saw something on Twitter (and they talked about it on espn too) that bulls were talking to warriors about a #4 and Wendell Carter Jr for #2 deal. Seams a lot to give up there for the bulls. 

I saw something on Twitter (and they talked about it on espn too) that bulls were talking to warriors about a #4 and Wendell Carter Jr for #2 deal. Seams a lot to give up there for the bulls. 
If they think that highly of Wiseman, sure it's probably worth it to the Bulls. No question (to me) Wiseman's the target if they do this deal.

Carter would fit well in Golden State (better than Wiseman today IMO). I don't think anyone will deny Wiseman has more upside. But Carter has been fine when he's been able to stay on the floor.

If they think that highly of Wiseman, sure it's probably worth it to the Bulls. No question (to me) Wiseman's the target if they do this deal.

Carter would fit well in Golden State (better than Wiseman today IMO). I don't think anyone will deny Wiseman has more upside. But Carter has been fine when he's been able to stay on the floor.
Today is the first time I've heard Wiseman mentioned.  I don't even think they Zoom interviewed him.  I'd be very surprised if this were true.  If they were to trade up, I think Ball would be the target.

But, my guess at this point is they stay at 4 and pick Patrick Williams.

Today is the first time I've heard Wiseman mentioned.  I don't even think they Zoom interviewed him.  I'd be very surprised if this were true.  If they were to trade up, I think Ball would be the target.

As awesome as it'd be to see Felicio as the starting 5 :unsure:  , I'd see what unfolds ahead of them at 4. If they move Carter up in that scenario, I have next to no doubt Wiseman is who they'd be after.  Only reason they'd move Carter IMO.

Really so up in the air with this draft that I didn't even bother trying a mock draft. Even as uncertain as what MN-GS do at 1-2, I think it's just completely up in the air with Charlotte.

Williams a reach at 4 I would think but if he  is best fit since the Bulls are set and deep at 1-2. Carter would seem similar to Williams? I am so tired of seeing good players traded for future and future never appears.

Williams a reach at 4 I would think but if he  is best fit since the Bulls are set and deep at 1-2. Carter would seem similar to Williams? I am so tired of seeing good players traded for future and future never appears.
A lot of teams seem interested in Williams and he's risen up the boards more than anyone else in the last few months.  If they want him, he might be gone if they trade down. Williams seems to be a combo forward.  Perhaps a starting three after Otto is gone?  Although he might be more of a four long term.

Moar picks for OKC!!! :lmao:  

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn

The Sixers are trading Al Horford and a first-round and second-round pick to the Thunder for Danny Green, sources tell ESPN.

4:23 PM · Nov 18, 2020

Bogdan Bogdanovic to the Bucks in jeopardy?

Sam Amick: Sources tell The Athletic the Bucks-Kings sign-and-trade which was expected to send restricted FA Bogdan Bogdanovic to Milwaukee for Donte DiVincenzo, D.J. Wilson and Ersan Ilyasova is in peril, as there was never an agreement from the 28-year-old small forward to join the Bucks and that element has become a major issue. High-ranking team official says deal has issues and outcome is unclear.
Just fantastic...

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn

The Sixers are trading Al Horford and a first-round and second-round pick to the Thunder for Danny Green, sources tell ESPN.

4:23 PM · Nov 18, 2020
The picks involved are #34 in tonight’s draft and a lightly-protected 2025 1st. The Thunder are also sending Terrance Ferguson to Philly, and the Sixers are sending the rights to Vasilije Micic to OKC.

The picks involved are #34 in tonight’s draft and a lightly-protected 2025 1st. The Thunder are also sending Terrance Ferguson to Philly, and the Sixers are sending the rights to Vasilije Micic to OKC.
Didn’t see the micic part.  He’s actually a decent player according to reports and could help okc if he ever comes over.

Users who are viewing this thread