What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos (2 Viewers)

Hey man. Please just put him on ignore or stop being childish. When on other topics you have insightful things to say I'd rather not lose because you let yourself get trolled constantly.
Not sure if this was for me or Ms. Daisy.  Appreciate the kind words if for me.  However, I'm not worried about "letting myself get trolled constantly".  If people continue to troll, I will continue to respond.  I believe the people who are trolling should be responsible, not those who 'fall for it'.

Oh wow, Aldridge is retiring. Had an irregular heartbeat scare during a game last week and is hanging it up. Hopefully he’s alright.
I heard this on the radio on the way home today. Thought they said he’s had it basically his whole career? Guess it must’ve really gotten out of whack. Didn’t something like that pretty much cause Clint Dempsey to retire too?

On that note, the Celtics just completed their 3-game road trip out west and went 3-0.

They are finally all healthy and have unleashed Rob Williams (although he sat last night and Fornier has been out for "health & safety").

I think they are finally going to be what I thought they were...the 4th best team in the East with a puncher's chance of making it to the ECF.

That said, a trio of healthy and effective Brown/Tatum/Walker with Smart mixing it up will be very tough for anyone to knock out in a series.  The bench needs to round out to form and everyone needs to stay healthy, but they can at least add some excitement to the playoffs.

caustic said:
Alize Johnson +16 for Brooklyn tonight. If they had played him the whole game, they would've won! #analytics
Sixers should have been in G-League MVP BBallPaul and the rest of the kids to face that feisty bench. 

and to be honest, i think the Nets success this year really should be given to TLC and Landry Shamet ..... former Sixers  :stirspot:

ETA: and i forgot as well, Nets got Nick Claxton with the pick the Sixers gave them for Trevor Booker. think he played 7 games for the Sixers  :bag:

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm pretty sure why Ben Simmons is such  polarizing player on a national level is because when he looks bad, he looks real bad, but when he looks good he looks like a top player in the NBA. He is playing good against the Clippers tonight, and i don't even know what his stats are, but he is just looking phenomenal on both sides of the court.

Aggressive Ben is definitely one of the factors that weighs in when he looks so good 

i think i just saw on the "ticker" during the Sixers game that the C's signed Jabari Parker to a 2-year deal. i know most think that is not anything, but if there is a coach who can get something out of Parker i think it is Stephens.

too bad the team is not as on the upswing as they were the last 3 years (hate to break it to C's fans, but if the Bucks, Nets and Sixers stay similar to their current level i don't know how they can land better than top 4), but that will give them some quality depth 

Don't watch the Thunder much, but they are playing the Pistons. If the Thunder hit on even a couple of these high picks or make a deal with them they will be scary good in like 2 or 3 years. Dortz is going to be an elite 3 and d guy and I really like SGA. I think he is a 2 or 2b player on a title team. 

Don't watch the Thunder much, but they are playing the Pistons. If the Thunder hit on even a couple of these high picks or make a deal with them they will be scary good in like 2 or 3 years. Dortz is going to be an elite 3 and d guy and I really like SGA. I think he is a 2 or 2b player on a title team. 
i can see a Thunder-Grizzlies 2nd round or conference final in 3 years...

Jazz, Bucks, ............Clippers, Nuggets, Suns,.............. Nets, 76ers............................... Lakers.

Out of the 8ish team I think can win it this year this is the order from team I most want to win to least. 

Jazz, Bucks, ............Clippers, Nuggets, Suns,.............. Nets, 76ers............................... Lakers.

Out of the 8ish team I think can win it this year this is the order from team I most want to win to least. 
I want to see Paul get a ring and I enjoy their game so I'll be rooting on the Suns but I wouldn't mind the Jazz or Nuggs either (latter unlikely with Jamal out).  The Sixers would probably be my 4th if it wasn't for folks in this thread  ;)

It’s way too many games in way too little time. Hockey is starting to see the same thing. Both leagues are screwing these players. 
Yep.  If $ weren't the sole motivator, I'd love to see a 50 game regular season with the playoffs consisting of 3,5 and 7 game series (championship)

Yep.  If $ weren't the sole motivator, I'd love to see a 50 game regular season with the playoffs consisting of 3,5 and 7 game series (championship)
I like the 7 game playoffs. I think it should be 72 game regular season spread over what was the same length of schedule of the current 82 game schedule. The national tv would probabaly benefit (less resting of players, no fewer games for them) but local tv deals would suffer a bit.

i know they were suggesting a shorter regular season, with a mid-season tournament (i forget for what), as a new norm to go with. i don't remember the reasons why it got shut down, but it seemed to make sense. 

shortening the length of the game would be great too, but would never happen. seems so many teams cruise then start trying in the 4th. i think the NBA started pushing the narrative more on stats to kind of get past this, hopefully it is just something this season with so many games packed in by the NBA, which could be likely

It’s way too many games in way too little time. Hockey is starting to see the same thing. Both leagues are screwing these players. 
This is why I think the Jazz have a chance this year. They have depth and are very good defensively. 

The NBA and the players should just come to an agreement. No more back to backs or 4 out of 6 bet they wouldn't rest the players as much. Win win. 

I like the 7 game playoffs. I think it should be 72 game regular season spread over what was the same length of schedule of the current 82 game schedule. The national tv would probabaly benefit (less resting of players, no fewer games for them) but local tv deals would suffer a bit.
It’s not just the TV deals to consider; it’s the dozens of cities that have sunk hundreds of millions into these teams to draw people to the arenas and surrounding areas for a lot of dates every year (unwisely, perhaps, but that’s a different discussion). Going to 72 games probably doesn’t make a huge difference, but going to 50 games or something doesn’t seem feasible for a lot of different stakeholders. 

50 is not near enough.  Also can't see a best of 3 series happening.

Go 72 games, longer season, no back to backs, and get rid of the play in tourney.

50 is not near enough.  Also can't see a best of 3 series happening.

Go 72 games, longer season, no back to backs, and get rid of the play in tourney.
I know none of what I suggested is happening that's why I prefaced it by saying if $ wasn't an issue.   I'm fine with the 7 game playoffs but boy is it long and drawn out.  

I know none of what I suggested is happening that's why I prefaced it by saying if $ wasn't an issue.   I'm fine with the 7 game playoffs but boy is it long and drawn out.  
I think this year will be different (in the west anyways).  Usually first round series' are dumb but I could see a couple lower seed teams winning round 1 in the west.

Clippers way too high.

F Kawhi 'quitter' Leonard

If these wusses have to sit out every other day then just play 2 games a week and then fine players or teams if any player sits who is not injured. Adam Silver has a real problem. Watered down product that people are losing interest in. 

Clippers way too high.

F Kawhi 'quitter' Leonard
Completely disagree. I respect Kawhi and his decision. He had a disagreement about his health with the Spurs medical staff. We have seen this happen before. The Trailblazers ruined Brandon Roy, the Pistons ruined Grant Hill, the WFT almost killed Trent Williams. 

If these wusses have to sit out every other day then just play 2 games a week and then fine players or teams if any player sits who is not injured. Adam Silver has a real problem. Watered down product that people are losing interest in. 
Wusses lol. How is the product watered down? The NBA is playing at the highest skill level ever. I think Covid is mostly to blame for the decline interest. The NBA was at all time highs before this. 

As a Piston fan I really like the whole team concept. I am rooting for the Jazz to win it this year. 
If Nuggets can't come out of the West (especially now with the Murray injury) I am really pulling for the Jazz. it is about time some small market clubs get their time to shine. I know the NBA wants Lakers and Nets soooo bad...so I hope it blows up in their face.

And as a Nuggets fan, i think about what could have been as they drafted Donovan Mitchell and then traded him draft night, 

Users who are viewing this thread