What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos (4 Viewers)

modogg said:
because both were injured this year, and the year before they were 4 bounces on 1 lucky shot from making the finals. i also assume the personalities will be interesting in Brooklyn, who will be the "go to" guy when they need a basket?
don't let outcomes fool you. Simmons is maybe great on defense, a preternatural passer, but he is a black hole offensively and doesn't appear to be much of a leader. 

Embiid could be a monster, but when he gives you 60% effort 90% of the time and 20% effort the rest.. if/when he's healthy... and his attitude on the court is freaking MISERABLE.. not to mention they don't seem like they're a personality fit. 

if i'm picking a one year shot between two teams with two already established stars where one combo is a couple guys who were nearly in the Finals, but who are massive liabilities in more than one way.... vs. two guys who have titles that are A+ talents and i don't have to take over, be the leader, and win games by myself every night.   i'm taking the proven guys every time if money is near equal.

I was wrong...there maybe another first round pick that the Thunder doesn't already have:

Thunder discussing a trade to send Gallinari to the Mavericks for No. 18 pick

Danilo Gallinari is set to become an unrestricted free agent on Nov. 20, and he's likely to have several suitors for his services. The Hawks have been reported as a "favorite" to land the 32-year-old forward, but the Mavericks seem to be trying to secure the talented Italian through a sign-and-trade. Dallas would send its No. 18 overall pick in Wednesday night's draft in exchange for Gallinari if the deal works out, but nothing is imminent yet.

I was wrong...there maybe another first round pick that the Thunder doesn't already have:

Thunder discussing a trade to send Gallinari to the Mavericks for No. 18 pick

Danilo Gallinari is set to become an unrestricted free agent on Nov. 20, and he's likely to have several suitors for his services. The Hawks have been reported as a "favorite" to land the 32-year-old forward, but the Mavericks seem to be trying to secure the talented Italian through a sign-and-trade. Dallas would send its No. 18 overall pick in Wednesday night's draft in exchange for Gallinari if the deal works out, but nothing is imminent yet.
Hopefully they ask Gallinari first.

Moar picks for OKC!!! :lmao:  

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn

The Sixers are trading Al Horford and a first-round and second-round pick to the Thunder for Danny Green, sources tell ESPN.

4:23 PM · Nov 18, 2020
One mistake down. Several more to go. 

Just me but I still like the OKC roster enough to think they can still win some games.

Rubio

SGA

Oubre

Horford 

Adams

Dort/Bazley

Still think they'll move Oubre and get another first. (More possibly to deal him to move up in the first) Very underrated player on a decent deal.

Just me but I still like the OKC roster enough to think they can still win some games.

Rubio

SGA

Oubre

Horford 

Adams

Dort/Bazley

Still think they'll move Oubre and get another first. (More possibly to deal him to move up in the first) Very underrated player on a decent deal.
So the question now becomes....

Whose value is in even WORSE SHAPE than Horford/Adams so that OKC can get that player....plus a 1st attached.

I'll start....

Nic Batum.

And someone's got a gaping hole at center...

So the question now becomes....

Whose value is in even WORSE SHAPE than Horford/Adams so that OKC can get that player....plus a 1st attached.

I'll start....

Nic Batum.

And someone's got a gaping hole at center...
The NBA may need to come up with a reverse Stepien rule...Ted couldn't stop dealing #1's and the Thunder can't stop trading for them...

NBA: We'll change lottery to curb tanking.

Presti: #### YOU I'll just acquire all the picks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, but then why give up a chip like Danny green in this?  Seems like they could have gotten a late first from a contender at the deadline which is basically equivalent draft compensation and then not be saddled with this deal
This isn't really difficult to figure out what they're doing here.

Why settle for ONE 1st (BTW they also got a Top of Round 2 pick...) when you can spin player obtained into additional draft compensation?

LOVE what OKC's doing. And they've most definitely still got a few moveable players.

Ok, but then why give up a chip like Danny green in this?  Seems like they could have gotten a late first from a contender at the deadline which is basically equivalent draft compensation and then not be saddled with this deal
Now that i think of it, giving Philadelphia a chance to misunderstand Al Horford might have even been more fun than the Fultz trade

Why settle for ONE 1st (BTW they also got a Top of Round 2 pick...) when you can spin player obtained into additional draft compensation?

LOVE what OKC's doing. And they've most definitely still got a few moveable players.
To me, a 2025 first and a 2020 pick 34 are roughly equivalent in EV to a 2021 pick 25.  Of course, the 2025 first has more upside.

i don;t think anybody can match those assets. have a hard time seeing them make 17 draft picks so would love to know who they are aiming to add to their team. Wonder if it is bringing back Harden
Yeah I'd say that's a given.

They can always deal a 1st for a future one. 

They can draft/stash guy overseas.

A lot of options. If/when they hit in the draft on a star or two.......that's probably when you'll see them making moves to win. 

LOVE that they just keep spinning guys for guys with WORSE VALUE/CONTRACTS and getting picks attached :lol:  

To me, a 2025 first and a 2020 pick 34 are roughly equivalent in EV to a 2021 pick 25.  Of course, the 2025 first has more upside.
2025 may be no Embiid and just Ben left on contract i think, right? could be worth something, or hopefully they keep the big guy and some others and can give it as a pick in late 20's. 

Does Morrey and Doc go to 2025 or 2026?

hmm, i guess this is good for the 6ers right?

Tim Bontemps

@TimBontemps

The expectation is that the Al Horford trade will be made in a way where Oklahoma City will still be able to keep Danilo Gallinari's cap hold on its books, sources tell ESPN. Gallinari is one of the top unrestricted free agents this offseason.

this is also funny:  https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2918701-al-horfords-sister-anna-philadelphia-hated-him-because-he-didnt-hate-boston

Horford's sister says:  "Philly hated us because we never hated on Boston."

Do we have a guess at the OKC play with the future picks?   Star hunting with the armada of picks in a coming offseason or to load up in stronger upcoming drafts?  No one has either wanted to stay in OKC or they spin off players so what’s the team build approach. 

Woj - Houston is trading Trevor Ariza and the No. 16 pick tonight to Detroit for a future first-round pick, sources tell ESPN. The deal gives the Rockets - a hard-capped team -- the freedom to use their mid-level exception in free agency.

--

Here we go. The future is NOW for the Pistons!

@gruecd  This article is probably right about Bogdanovic:

My suspicion: This is a masquerade to avoid tampering charges.

Free agency doesn’t open until Friday. It is impermissible for the Kings, let alone the Bucks, to talk new contract with Bogdanovic. The NBA is obviously turning a blind eye to some tampering. But this arrangement went above and beyond the typical early negotiations. It’s a slap in the face to the league’s purported effort to crack down on tampering.
https://nba.nbcsports.com/2020/11/18/report-bogdan-bogdanovic-didnt-agree-jeopardizing-kings-bucks-trade/

No one has either wanted to stay in OKC or they spin off players so what’s the team build approach. 
"We've got you for at least your rookie contract mother####er!!!"

Not for nothing but they had Durant with their franchise for 9 seasons and Westbrook for 11 seasons.

Then hope Kendrick Perkins Jr never makes it to the NBA.

2025 may be no Embiid and just Ben left on contract i think, right? could be worth something, or hopefully they keep the big guy and some others and can give it as a pick in late 20's. 

Does Morrey and Doc go to 2025 or 2026?
Morey has a 5 year deal.  I assume doc is the same.

Woj - Houston is trading Trevor Ariza and the No. 16 pick tonight to Detroit for a future first-round pick, sources tell ESPN. The deal gives the Rockets - a hard-capped team -- the freedom to use their mid-level exception in free agency.

--

That’s interesting 

I'm surprised OKC couldn't do better in terms of a return for taking on that kind of contract that another contending (or hopefully contending) team is stuck with.

--

:lol:  

PG: Rose

SG: Snell

SF: Ariza

PF: Blake

C : Marc Gasol (?)

Can't help but laugh.

Wonder what is going on in the Warrior war-room right now...if it is worst case scenario with Thompson that has to dramatically change what they are thinking. 

Does the NBA still announce the pick with the team that owned it 6 weeks ago or are they out of the 1900's and announce it with the team that owns the pick now?

Haven't looked into it but without looking Horford would most definitely be in my top 7 (and probably contender for my worst given his age and inability to be anything but a center at this stage). 

Everytime I watch Theiss and Time Lord this past year, only thought I had was wow did Boston dodge a bullet. 

Good for Horford. Jmo if he's a free agent this offseason coming out of Boston, I think he's getting somewhere between 1/3-1/2 the annual salary he is now. 

Philly's in a terrible position. Bunch of bloated contracts of frontline players thatve got many years left on deals. I'm sure they can move Embiid or Simmons and get a return. I don't know who or why anyone would touch Horford. I question if anyone would take Tobias off Philly's hands if even they floated him out there as a 'free agent' more or less given future uncertainty of cap. Tobias isn't and never will be a guy you can build around

Just to go back on this, you are suggesting that horford might be the worst contract in the league but okc could only get a 2025 first and a 2nd and had to part with a good trade chip?  It’s a good way for them to use their roster, Just not seeing how this is such and amazing move for okc.

not trying to get into a whole thing, just trying to understand the big love for the move

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn

Sacramento Kings forward Bogdan Bogdanovic plans to enter restricted free agency on Friday at 6 PM ET, sources tell ESPN.

6:26 PM · Nov 18, 2020

Right with you here.

Schroder --> #28 overall, #34 overall, 2025 1st so far

Then whatever they can get for Horford. Horford over Green's a no brainer. He had no place in Philly playing alongside another C and 2 other power forwards. 

@wojespn

The Kings and Milwaukee Bucks had hoped to bring Bogdanovic the framework of a sign-and-trade to negotiate a Bodanovic contract with Milwaukee on Friday, but he will move into the marketplace to find an offer sheet or seek out other sign-and-trade scenarios, sources said.

If I were the Warriors I'd very much consider trying to package Wiggins/Draymond + the 2nd pick centered around Harden/PJ tucker and periphery players.  The salaries of Wiggins/draymond and Harden/tucker match up almost exactly the same.  If Klay is out again--it might be the best way to stay in the championship race this season and a couple more to come. 

Users who are viewing this thread