What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos (5 Viewers)

Wow.  LeBron/Davis/Schroeder are 2/22 from the field with 8 pts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some sloppy looking ball at times.  LeBron is just off.  He's shown a couple of flashes, but it's been inconsistent.   Warriors turned it over too much and let the Lakers back in it.

That was some nice back and forth to finish the 3rd qtr.  James dropping some dimes and hit a three.  Curry is hot as well.  Setting up for a great finish.

Can't stay up. Lakers woke up and Warriors are turning it over too much. I expect the Lakers to pull this out. Good night everyone hope it is a good finish. 

Watched the end of the game this morning. Really sloppy game. I feel like the Warriors are losing in 5 assuming they beat the Grizzlies. Lakers really did a nice job doubling Curry all night and forcing the rest of the team to beat them. 

The Lakers can play better, but how quickly can they turn it on? If this is their average night against the Suns they will be out in 6. 

Yea they can’t be thrilled. 
I don't think it matters.  Like everyone else, they seem to be their own worst enemy.  Outside of maybe Dallas (and Memphis, who I think lose to GSW), there isn't a team in the West that I couldn't see either making the Finals or losing in the 1st round.  Betting on any of those series seems like a fool's errand with so much uncertainty.  Every team has some serious question marks:

1. Jazz - they've underachieved in the playoffs with this same group.  Is Mitchell even going to play game 1 and how long will it take for him to get back into the flow?  Gobert's FT shooting is a problem late in games as well.
  2. Suns - another group who has never been there.  Is Paul getting too old to be effective for the entire postseason?  Can Booker be the scorer in the playoffs they need him to be?  Is Ayton going to step up and be a factor or will he shrink back?
  3. Nuggets - as great as Jokic has been, can the Nuggets score enough without Murray?  He was unbelievable in the bubble and I don't know if Porter/Gordon/Clarkson can pick up the slack enough.  Their defense has been inconsistent as well.
  4. Clippers - this team has underachieved all season and they choked away that 3-1 lead last year.  It seems like they still aren't playing good enough basketball to make a run to the Finals.  Will they ever play up to their potential?
  5. Dallas - I'm more down on this team than anyone else in the West.  Doncic is great and Porzingis is showing up now, but their defense is not great and Luka will still shoot his team out of games at times.  In a 7 game series, can they play consistent enough basketball to beat a good team 4 times? 
  6. Trail Blazers - Lillard gives you a puncher's chance against anybody, but I don't know if he is efficient enough to get them to the Finals. Can they play good enough defense to give their offense a chance to win 3 series?
  7. Lakers - they didn't really look good for most of the game against the Warriors and the health of both LeBron and Davis are an issue.  When right, those two could lead them to a repeat, but can they stay healthy?
  8. Warriors - I thought they looked great in all facets of the game last night...except ball security.  Also, Green was a liability on offense even with his passing because they dared him to shoot and he just can't anymore.  They are better than I thought they would be but can they find ways to score without relying so much on Curry?
  9. Grizzliers - Morant just isn't quite ready yet.  He has struggled to close the last 2 games and is not shooting well.  Can they figure out how to score when their best player is struggling to shoot?

Was really hoping Dubs pulled it off last night because I'd rather play the Suns over the Jazz if we beat Memphis. LBJ proved his clutchness and the Warriors fouled and turned over the ball too much. If they can continue this level of defense, I like our odds tomorrow.

JTA! Just love what he brings.

Dray, Wiggins, JTA, Curry, and Poole should play a majority of minutes.

The play in is awesome. Just how valuable will it be for the Jazz to get an extra week for Mitchell and for the Suns to give Paul a week rest before the playoffs.

So apparently stats from the play in games don’t count. They are not considered regular season games and they aren’t considered playoff games either. Based on what I heard, it doesn’t sound like Tatum will get credit for a 50 point game from the other night, which seems odd to me because the game was far more important than a regular season game. Maybe they will come up with a way to categorize them. 

again to cowardice to bet on this one. my heart is with the wiz, but they looked out of sorts and worn out last game, while indy played at a high level. maybe russ and the gang really didn't want anything to do with brooklyn? nah, that crap is just conspiracy thinking, right? right?

again to cowardice to bet on this one. my heart is with the wiz, but they looked out of sorts and worn out last game, while indy played at a high level. maybe russ and the gang really didn't want anything to do with brooklyn? nah, that crap is just conspiracy thinking, right? right?
I think no one wants to tempt fate and set yourself up for a single elimination game.  Plus it's not like the Sixers are beatable by any of the play in teams.  Embiid is the single most unstoppable player in the playoffs right now and Harris is looks like he is playing the best basketball of his career.

So apparently stats from the play in games don’t count. They are not considered regular season games and they aren’t considered playoff games either. Based on what I heard, it doesn’t sound like Tatum will get credit for a 50 point game from the other night, which seems odd to me because the game was far more important than a regular season game. Maybe they will come up with a way to categorize them. 
That's the worst of the three options available.

Like when Westbrook has the option to drive, pass, or shoot and he elects to shoot the ball.

Wiz looked good tonight.   76ers a tough match for them.  Nobody can stop Embiid.  Harris will be tough to guard.  Simmons can keep Westbrook off the boards.  And Beal has been the scoring in the 3 regular season games vs them, and he looks hobbled. 

The only hope they have is in that in those 3 games, I think Wagner, Matthews, and Avdija were starters.  Maybe Bryant in the first one too.  So the 76ers haven't see the roster that the Wiz will roll out.  It's not much to lean on as a Wiz fan, but there's like that 1% chance :)

Users who are viewing this thread