What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos (3 Viewers)

i mean, i understand dennis smiff is useless, but shouldn’t the pistons be sending the knicks a pick to take rose off their hands?  such a waste so the knicks can make a run at the 10 seed.  they should be playing smiff and stinkilina together to maximize losses to ensure 2 lottery picks.

i mean, i understand dennis smiff is useless, but shouldn’t the pistons be sending the knicks a pick to take rose off their hands?  such a waste so the knicks can make a run at the 10 seed.  they should be playing smiff and stinkilina together to maximize losses to ensure 2 lottery picks.
They’re currently the sixth seed. I’m not saying this is a great trade, or that they’re true contenders, but eventually they do need to establish a winning culture.

They’re currently the sixth seed. I’m not saying this is a great trade, or that they’re true contenders, but eventually they do need to establish a winning culture.
and rose, a guy who basically quit on them and went awol a couple of years ago is the guy to set that culture, as he takes time away from guys that aren’t 32 with 52 yr old knees?

and rose, a guy who basically quit on them and went awol a couple of years ago is the guy to set that culture, as he takes time away from guys that aren’t 32 with 52 yr old knees?
I hope he doesn’t cut into Quickley’s playing time - but he’s having a decent season and obviously he and Thibs have a good working relationship.

With that said, I admit I’m not excited about this trade (although they gave up nothing), but I was responding to the notion that they should be playing garbage like Smith and Frank N. instead of trying to win.

I hope he doesn’t cut into Quickley’s playing time - but he’s having a decent season and obviously he and Thibs have a good working relationship.

With that said, I admit I’m not excited about this trade (although they gave up nothing), but I was responding to the notion that they should be playing garbage like Smith and Frank N. instead of trying to win.
they are competitive, imo, cause slugs like frank, smiff and knox don’t play.  all 3 are useless, but i hate chasing a 32 yr old to make a run at a bubble seed.  as long as they don’t re up him, i’m fine.  but i think this anchors IQ to the bench.

By the way, I'm on board with trading Lauri.  Patrick Williams will probably end up being their long-term 4.
In retrospect, it's really too bad the Bulls didn't move up from 4 to 3 in the draft. Probably could have given Lauri or Carter to move up the spot. Questionable at best IMO either have long term futures in Chicago. Too few flashes and too many games missed to commit big money to either. If either breaks through (ie stay healthy/able consistency) it won't be the Bulls IMO.

Lamelo is the goods. Not 5 guys in the league I'd want over him starting a team today (I'm being conservative probably with 5 as I wouldn't definitively put someone above him).  Easily the best rookie passer I've ever seen. Probably the best passer in the game today already. Time is the only argument against it IMO. Injury probably the only thing that'll derail that from being one of the best ever. With an incredible off the charts basketball IQ. Makes everyone around him better. And his shot is much better than advertised. It's not a slight to Edwards/Wiseman/Williams. They aren't nor ever will have the impact on the court that Lamelo will if he's healthy. Wholly understated how good an athlete Lamelo is with tremendous body control.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's really too bad the Bulls didn't move up from 4 to 3 in the draft. Probably could have given Lauri or Carter to move up the spot. 

Lamelo is the goods. Not 5 guys in the league I'd want over him starting a team today (I'm being conservative probably with 5. I wouldn't argue with anyone that says he's the most valuable property in that regard). Easily the best rookie passer I've ever seen. Probably the best passer in the game today already. Time is the only argument against it IMO. Injury probably the only thing that'll derail that from being one of the best ever. With an incredible off the charts basketball IQ. Makes everyone around him better. And his shot is much better than advertised. It's not a slight to Edwards/Wiseman/Williams. They aren't nor ever will have the impact on the court that Lamelo will if he's healthy.
He has so much fun doing it to. Makes the team around him better. He's plus 29 tonight.

I’m so bummed that the Wolves ended up with what seems unlikely to be much more than an inefficient scorer in Edwards, while Ball looks like a potential star in the making that makes everyone around him better.  Ball will always be a defensive liability, but what’s that matter when the Wolves give up 70 points in a half on the regular anyways?   :kicksrock:

He has so much fun doing it to. Makes the team around him better. He's plus 29 tonight.
He's quickly made them into one of the most fun teams in the league to watch. 

Connection between him/Bridges is terrific and seemingly at least one highlight reel connection every night.

He's quickly made them into one of the most fun teams in the league to watch. 

Connection between him/Bridges is terrific and seemingly at least one highlight reel connection every night.
Indeed.  I enjoyed watching him slowly destroy the Rockets.  Definitely a franchise changing talent ala Steph or Luka.  

All reports about Rose have said that he's been a really good locker room presence for the Pistons, and has helped to mentor the young guys

Does someone track a stat about how open shots are? My assumption is the Wizards lead the league giving up open 3s. It’s ridiculous how much space they give opponents. 

Forbes reporting that the dubs (4.7B) have overtaken the lakers (4.6B) as the 2nd highest valued team in the league behind the knicks (5B). Lacob & company purchased the warriors for 450 million in 2010.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2021/02/10/nba-team-values-2021-knicks-keep-top-spot-at-5-billion-warriors-bump-lakers-for-second-place/?sh=7fc1424c645b
Our appraisals are what we think the team would sell for.
I think someone would pay more than $5B for the Knicks if Dolan would sell.
And the Clippers value spikes when they get their own stadium in Inglewood.

Forbes reporting that the dubs (4.7B) have overtaken the lakers (4.6B) as the 2nd highest valued team in the league behind the knicks (5B). Lacob & company purchased the warriors for 450 million in 2010.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2021/02/10/nba-team-values-2021-knicks-keep-top-spot-at-5-billion-warriors-bump-lakers-for-second-place/?sh=7fc1424c645b
Surprising how high the Knicks value stays even with the awfulness of Dolan. I wonder if it takes a hit if Brooklyn wins a title with their super team.

the officiating in this SIxers game is just plain silly. Carmelo trips over his own feet, and they call a foul on Philly somehow. It is just silly, people used to say officials were swayed by hoe crowds, but there really isn't any reason for it. just silly

Melo clowns the Sixers. 

Another winner. Thanks for filling my pockets 👍
you have pockets left after the 3-4 losses you took before this game? 

i get the trolling here, but it would be something at least a little worry if you ever called your anti-Sixers bets before the game instead of the next day after they lose

Embiid and Simmons still are looking strong.  The team fits.  Seems like Maxey has hit a bit of a wall.  Team missed Shake last night.  What is up with Mike Scott?  Seems like they need him or another similar 4spot in the bench rotation.

Embiid and Simmons still are looking strong.  The team fits.  Seems like Maxey has hit a bit of a wall.  Team missed Shake last night.  What is up with Mike Scott?  Seems like they need him or another similar 4spot in the bench rotation.
In Morey, you should trust 

dgreen said:
Does someone track a stat about how open shots are? My assumption is the Wizards lead the league giving up open 3s. It’s ridiculous how much space they give opponents. 
No way they leave people more open than the Bucks do.

Melo clowns the Sixers. 

Another winner. Thanks for filling my pockets 👍

modogg said:
you have pockets left after the 3-4 losses you took before this game? 

i get the trolling here, but it would be something at least a little worry if you ever called your anti-Sixers bets before the game instead of the next day after they lose
Ya the trolling worked for the first couple times, I'll admit.  Now the act is a little tired and overdone dude.

Looks like it's Austin Rivers who is losing the playing time.    Rose has seemingly fit into the rotation very nicely with Quickley.

So all of the overzealous Tatum love has certainly seemed to quiet down. Still big in the national media, but watching him today with his current -22 is not pretty. I know the guy loves his hero ball so maybe he is waiting until 4th Q to throw a ton of shots up, but very glad to not have a guy like him on a team i am rooting for. 

it was fun with Iverson, but the hero ball (outside of LeBron) seems to not be the formula for a winning team. Maybe the individualism push will start to dissipate and people can start talking about basketball as a team game again.

WT: funny they will probably pull the game close rto only being down 10 or so and get  bunch of garbage stats, but the Wizards are resting most of their starters for the 4th. 

Comparing the Celtics the yer they drafted Tatum, with all the assets and potential they had, to what they are now, would seem to be must to have to kick Danny Ainge 

So all of the overzealous Tatum love has certainly seemed to quiet down. Still big in the national media, but watching him today with his current -22 is not pretty. I know the guy loves his hero ball so maybe he is waiting until 4th Q to throw a ton of shots up, but very glad to not have a guy like him on a team i am rooting for. 

it was fun with Iverson, but the hero ball (outside of LeBron) seems to not be the formula for a winning team. Maybe the individualism push will start to dissipate and people can start talking about basketball as a team game again.

WT: funny they will probably pull the game close rto only being down 10 or so and get  bunch of garbage stats, but the Wizards are resting most of their starters for the 4th. 

Comparing the Celtics the yer they drafted Tatum, with all the assets and potential they had, to what they are now, would seem to be must to have to kick Danny Ainge 
Tatum seems to take the whole Mamba Mentality myth to heart. One guy can't win it all for his team, but he sure can lose it.

If you ever have the foresight to show your bet slip before a game, I'll follow along and give you 25% of the profits. 
i hate feeding the troll, but i'd be happy if he ever called the bet before any game.

Sixers are 18-9, So i'm guessing Soduko is already down +10 units for the year

Raptors/Cavs in talks about Drummond. (Apparently Cavs are gonna hold Drummond out til reach a deal)

Raps went from Gasol/Ibaka....to paying $10m/yr on FN Baynes/Alex Len (latter already waived and lasted a month on the season roster I believe). Unless you're idiots like the Pelicans STILL paying Steven Adams $17-18m/yr on new deals :lmao:  , their were tons of bigs available in season and signed to lesser deals than the figure Baynes/Len signed for.

Craig_MiamiFL said:
Raptors/Cavs in talks about Drummond. (Apparently Cavs are gonna hold Drummond out til reach a deal)

Raps went from Gasol/Ibaka....to paying $10m/yr on FN Baynes/Alex Len (latter already waived and lasted a month on the season roster I believe). Unless you're idiots like the Pelicans STILL paying Steven Adams $17-18m/yr on new deals :lmao:  , their were tons of bigs available in season and signed to lesser deals than the figure Baynes/Len signed for.
My working theory is that you basically should never spend more than the MLE (or spend a high draft pick paying in excess of that amount) on a traditional center - there's maybe 3-4 worth more than that.  Kind of surprised Len has been so bad - he was a really solid backup for Sacramento last year.

Ben Simmons 1st Q against this Utah Jazz without Embiid playig is why he can be so frustrating/fun. Guy just destroyed the Jazz single-handedly.

19 points, and 4 assists against the best team in the league without the MVP candidate Embiid (in 1 quarter) should hopefully have all the Ben hate slow down for at least maybe 2 games

Ben Simmons 1st Q against this Utah Jazz without Embiid playig is why he can be so frustrating/fun. Guy just destroyed the Jazz single-handedly.

19 points, and 4 assists against the best team in the league without the MVP candidate Embiid (in 1 quarter) should hopefully have all the Ben hate slow down for at least maybe 2 games
Couldn't keep up it going and only ended up with 42 points (Not 76 like he should have had if he kept his pace).  He sucks.

Couldn't keep up it going and only ended up with 42 points (Not 76 like he should have had if he kept his pace).  He sucks.
i love that he went 12-13 from the FT line. if he can shoot over 70% and get near 80% from the FT line he will be a monster.

What i also find so funny is how lazy and simple most analysts and the NBA media can be (not all, but more than half). They always love to talk about guys' total score, and never point to the actual performance. Love that Ben got this on 26 shots too. Others hype a guy who gets 40 points and he ends up taking 40 shots 

Users who are viewing this thread