What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos (7 Viewers)

Saw an interview with Danny Ainge. His take as of now is to save Boston’s TPE until the offseason and find someone for multiple years instead of getting essentially a rental. He generally sounded like they were up against the hard cap and weren’t going to make a splash this year. So in a round about way, it sounded like he felt they weren’t true contenders this year so they weren’t going to go all in. 

Saw an interview with Danny Ainge. His take as of now is to save Boston’s TPE until the offseason and find someone for multiple years instead of getting essentially a rental. He generally sounded like they were up against the hard cap and weren’t going to make a splash this year. So in a round about way, it sounded like he felt they weren’t true contenders this year so they weren’t going to go all in. 
Traitor Danny said that the day he picked up the exception. We just have to face that he's the guy in your fantasy league who would rather win trades than games. He's sending the same, "yeah, you'd be giving me a superstar, but you'd be getting THREE scrubs!!!" offers around the league that the Malaysian kid in your freESPN league does every week and thinks that's GMing

ohh Joel   :sadbanana: , Hoping he just hyper-extended his knee and it isn't too serious

Seeing how Embiid ws out for awhile after Lebron pushed him in mid-air, and how he got hurt after he dunked tonight, it makes me thankful the Sixers never made that Harden trade, and at the same time makes me think Darryl has to do something to bring in some more help since Embiid's window my not be that big

Last edited by a moderator:
Houston starting 5 tonight:

Kevin Porter Jr
Ben McLemore
Justin Patton
Sterling Brown
Jae’Sean Tate

Starting to look like Brooklyn’s postseason lineups from last year.  :thumbup:

Houston starting 5 tonight:

Kevin Porter Jr
Ben McLemore
Justin Patton
Sterling Brown
Jae’Sean Tate

Starting to look like Brooklyn’s postseason lineups from last year.  :thumbup:
they should have been starting that 2 months ago, definite good year to tank with the talent coming in the draft this year

Aldridge leaving is a HUGE step towards me giving a #### about the Spurs again.

Guy has sucked donkey balls since college.

Lamarcus Aldridge has skated through his career on size and a mid range shot... scared of the ball when it matters.  A flat liability on defense.

Just milked it his whole life.

Lamarcus Aldridge has skated through his career on size and a mid range shot... scared of the ball when it matters.  A flat liability on defense.

Just milked it his whole life.
it is an interesting story i would love to hear more about from himself. He was looking great in his early career, so strange how he went to San Antonio and just went kaput 

ohh Joel   :sadbanana: , Hoping he just hyper-extended his knee and it isn't too serious

Seeing how Embiid ws out for awhile after Lebron pushed him in mid-air, and how he got hurt after he dunked tonight, it makes me thankful the Sixers never made that Harden trade, and at the same time makes me think Darryl has to do something to bring in some more help since Embiid's window my not be that big
oof, that looked like it hurt. full weight and a deep bend.

average human being - 6 weeks, no exercise.

NBA player - "he should be full speed in 2 weeks"
especially for a guy over 7 feet tall and around 280. Pretty sure the Sixers have 2 weeks to fivgure out if they have to speed Embiid back or not. My guess in determining figures

1. How close they are to #1 seed

2. How the buzz is about MVP race. I think Embiid is eligible for Super Max if he gets MVP, and i think he will be motivated to come back quicker if he is feeling good

Biggest factor with all of this is the Sixers medical team. they have screwed up  few things in the past, hoping they finally have it right and can rehab him the best for long-term. 

especially for a guy over 7 feet tall and around 280. Pretty sure the Sixers have 2 weeks to fivgure out if they have to speed Embiid back or not. My guess in determining figures

2. How the buzz is about MVP race. I think Embiid is eligible for Super Max if he gets MVP, and i think he will be motivated to come back quicker if he is feeling good

Biggest factor with all of this is the Sixers medical team. they have screwed up  few things in the past, hoping they finally have it right and can rehab him the best for long-term. 
Definitely a relief.  But I think this puts him out of the MVP race, and puts us out of the #1 seed (which is incredibly valuable given how hard it will be to beat the Nets and how great we are at home vs bad on the road.)

If he misses 2-3 weeks, that's 10 games which is a good chunk of an already shortened season.

My guess is he doesn't go on the 6 game road trip with the team, and that puts him back in 3 weeks on April 3rd when they return home.

Joel Embiid out for at least 2-3 weeks with a bone bruise in his knee, but no structural damage. Probabaly the very best outcome possible.
AJ Brown had one of these that he reactivated week 1 putting him out another month. The top seed seems pretty valuable this year though.

He's eligible just making one of the all NBA teams

Why are two teams that are playing better than anyone, getting so little respect?  Utah and Pheonix are like +850 and +2400 to win it all.  Phoenix was +3200 a couple of weeks ago, which I went for.  Does everyone just assume LeBron and company are going to win again?  

Why are two teams that are playing better than anyone, getting so little respect?  Utah and Pheonix are like +850 and +2400 to win it all.  Phoenix was +3200 a couple of weeks ago, which I went for.  Does everyone just assume LeBron and company are going to win again?  
As long as AD is healthy, yes.  

People don't trust regular season success.  We've seen a lot of new up and coming teams have a great regular season, only to fizzle in the playoffs against veteran teams that have won it all before (recently, the Bucks come to mind). Probably the only recent exception to that is Golden State when they won their first.  Even the Raptors had a proven champion in Kawhi.  None of the prominent members of Utah or Phoenix have ever won a championship.

Popovic on Ben:

“It would enhance his game, obviously. That can’t be argued with. But all of his physical skills, basketball skills, the way he understands the game, as unselfish as he is — he’s so elite already, who gives a damn if he can’t shoot.”

jon_mx said:
Even at +2400 I wouldn't waste the money on the Sun's winning the title. 

Popovic on Ben:

“It would enhance his game, obviously. That can’t be argued with. But all of his physical skills, basketball skills, the way he understands the game, as unselfish as he is — he’s so elite already, who gives a damn if he can’t shoot.”
If he played for Pop, he'd have learned how to shoot by now.

when i think Spurs, i think of a team of guys that have gaping, yawning, black holes in their game and Pop saying "who cares about basketball skills? we're a run & gun, chuck it and pray kinda team".

Jayrod said:
People don't trust regular season success.  We've seen a lot of new up and coming teams have a great regular season, only to fizzle in the playoffs against veteran teams that have won it all before (recently, the Bucks come to mind). Probably the only recent exception to that is Golden State when they won their first.  Even the Raptors had a proven champion in Kawhi.  None of the prominent members of Utah or Phoenix have ever won a championship.
Yep.  With all the load management, injuries, lack of regular season effort, etc I wouldn't put too much value on those W/L totals either. 

Jayrod said:
People don't trust regular season success.  We've seen a lot of new up and coming teams have a great regular season, only to fizzle in the playoffs against veteran teams that have won it all before (recently, the Bucks come to mind).
Coach Bud and Giannis basically being a liability late in games is why i have no faith in the Bucks playoff hopes

jon_mx said:
A Suns fan but I see no scenario they win the title.

James Jones has built a nice little team. COMPLETELY whiffed on taking Jalen FN Smith over Haliburton. Just awful man. Haliburton would have been PERFECT compliment to Booker/Paul.

JMO They've benefitted from injuries and load management around the league. Ayton hasn't been a huge difference maker at all this year. Not terrible by any stretch but really no points where you thought 'THAT is why he was a top pick". If they're going to take another step IMO, it's got to be through him.

when i think Spurs, i think of a team of guys that have gaping, yawning, black holes in their game and Pop saying "who cares about basketball skills? we're a run & gun, chuck it and pray kinda team".
Ah yes, zero credibility from that guy at all.  But hey, you know more than him.

He must have lost his mind if he's calling a guy elite who isn't even in the top 200 in the league.

Saw this on Russillo's feed...the last minute of Knicks - Nets last night took 19 minutes. Having watched it, I can confidently say it felt like 49 minutes. 

And the refs still ####ed up the call on basically the last play of the game. 

Saw this on Russillo's feed...the last minute of Knicks - Nets last night took 19 minutes. Having watched it, I can confidently say it felt like 49 minutes. 

What call?  The travel?  Looked like he went up, never lost control of the ball and came down.

sounds like Julius Randle agrees:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/knicks-star-julius-randle-had-to-be-restrained-from-referees-after-a-missed-call-ended-an-epic-comeback-against-the-nets/ar-BB1eDSoF?ocid=ientp

I would anticipate teams can expect to have an uphill battle with the refs against the Nets

What call?  The travel?  Looked like he went up, never lost control of the ball and came down.
This.  The outrage over this call is baffling.  That was an easy travel call.  As you said, he never once lost control of the ball.  Just because someone touches the ball doesn't mean you can then land with said ball.  Once Kyrie got a piece of it and disrupted his shot, it was Randle's own damn fault that he didn't just let go of the ball and let it bounce, then pick it back up, like the other 99 out of 100 times this happens. 

####ed it up by getting it right?  That's a walk.

just saw Boston media guy saying Ainge wants to hold TPE and tey will make a trade for Beal this summer. Lol, Boston media loves to try and hint the C's will get every superstar in the league

Knicks certainly are a pain in the ### to play. Spunky bunch

Loving Ben Simmons' game here though, guy has taken a nice step after his messy first month, month and a half. His aggressiveness and drawing contact was always there, glad he is doing it consistently now

lol, refs are making it up to the Knicks for last night. Silly NBA, wish they told me before i bet.

Cue Soduko...

Users who are viewing this thread