What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos (6 Viewers)

I question how Ball specifically will fit in Chicago. 

I have little doubt White CAN play off the ball......don't know I'd make a habit of him playing off it. There's not going to be enough balls to go around if Lavine sticks around......Ball HAS to be play on the ball to of any use anytime soon. (Neither him or Lavine play a lick of defense either).

I'd be surprised myself if Ball specifically was Chicago's pick if their current roster composition sticks. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope will decline his $8.5M player option for next season, as expected. 

Shams Charania of The Athletic reports that he will have "several suitors" and that teams are under the impression that he's open to offers, a likely result of the Lakers acquiring Dennis Schroder. KCP is exactly what a lot of contenders are looking for as he's a solid defender and career 39% shooter from beyond the arc. A move away from the Lakers could be great news for his fantasy value, but we can't rule out a return yet. 

Guy I think that'll go higher than the mid 1st-20s that I've seen is Aaron Neismith. Even if he doesn't, I think he can contribute pretty quickly. He lacks the flash of most mocked ahead of him but think his game will fit perfectly as a complimentary player in the league. 

I question how Ball specifically will fit in Chicago. 

I have little doubt White CAN play off the ball......don't know I'd make a habit of him playing off it. There's not going to be enough balls to go around if Lavine sticks around......Ball HAS to be play on the ball to of any use anytime soon. (Neither him or Lavine play a lick of defense either).

I'd be surprised myself if Ball specifically was Chicago's pick if their current roster composition sticks. 
Karnišovas has publicly talked about wanting the "highest upside" player (which may not fit with my Halliburton prediction).  I'm worried about Ball's flaws, personally, but I buy their rumored interest in him.  They don't have anyone who is a good facilitator so I understand that need.  Maybe they would end up moving LaVine eventually.  Backcourt defense would likely be awful.

...And we're off!

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn

The Phoenix Suns are finalizing a deal to acquire Oklahoma City Thunder All-Star guard Chris Paul, sources tell ESPN.

12:08 PM · Nov 16, 2020

The deal sends Chris Paul and Abdel Nader to the Suns for Kelly Oubre, Ricky Rubio, Ty Jerome, Jalen Lecque and a 2022 first-round pick, sources tell ESPN.

12:11 PM · Nov 16, 2020

The deal sends Chris Paul and Abdel Nader to the Suns for Kelly Oubre, Ricky Rubio, Ty Jerome, Jalen Lecque and a 2022 first-round pick, sources tell ESPN.

Sonuva #&#&# 

And the Suns GAVE a 1st rounder?!?! 

By my count, OKC now has up to 17 15 first round picks in the next 7 drafts.

More on the Westbrook to Hornets noise:

Since it was reported that Westbrook wants out, the Hornets have emerged as the most likely team to land him. Front office sources tell me Michael Jordan wants the 2016-17 MVP, which is unsurprising and understandable. Westbrook would put eyes on televisions and fans in the seats (once they’re able to safely return). Charlotte would win more games, too. But those same sources add that the Hornets won’t put the no. 3 pick in Wednesday’s draft on the table for Westbrook, so the organization is clearly not overly zealous to make a deal.

But not including the no. 3 pick isn’t necessarily a dealbreaker. The Hornets have plenty of options to tempt the Rockets. They also have the 32nd pick in Wednesday’s draft—which is loaded with role players, not top talent—as well as all of their future first-round picks, which hold value if the Hornets don’t win as many games as they hope. They also have some young players who could appeal to the Rockets, such as P.J. Washington (a big who can pass, shoot, and switch screens), Miles Bridges (a versatile, athletic wing with untapped offensive potential), and Devonte’ Graham (an energetic guard who plays tough defense, makes smart passes, and could see his scoring efficiency leap playing next to Harden). Charlotte would need to give up about $25 million in salary to land Westbrook, which would mean including the expiring contracts of Nicolas Batum or Cody Zeller, or Terry Rozier, who has two years remaining. Regardless of the package, Houston would get some ready-made talent in return, with the potential for the young players to grow.
https://www.theringer.com/nba/2020/11/16/21569761/the-rockets-may-need-to-trade-james-harden-but-why-now

Sounds like the Lakers are going to lose Green, Rondo, Caldwell Pope, and possibly Bradley, and add Schroder. That's a lot of roster space to fill for guys who were rotation players.

Sounds like the Lakers are going to lose Green, Rondo, Caldwell Pope, and possibly Bradley, and add Schroder. That's a lot of roster space to fill for guys who were rotation players.
I’d be surprised (and bummed) if they don’t keep KCP

Pacific Division (excluding Kangz) all stars vs the rest of the NBA - who you taking?

PG - Steph, CP3

SG - Klay, Booker

SF - Kawhi, PG

PF - LeBron, Draymond

C - Davis, Ayton

Would be funny if OKC gets a first for Paul, but Hou has to give up a pick to get rid of Westbrook
:lmao:  I'm just shocked OKC got 2 starters (IMO) and a 1st for a cap crushing (non-superstar IMO at this stage) Chris Paul. Unquestionably Paul's a better fit here than Westbrook....so not unhappy about that.

I don't think Paul is a shoe in to make them beyond a early out playoff team (if they can make the playoffs)

I guess I'll have to see the protections on the pick. Just no margin for error here.....at the end of the day you're relying on a 35-36 year old PG to make you better. Acquiring Paul they can't make much impact in free agency this or next offseason. (Obviously they feel getting Paul is better than anything else they'd be in the running to get.....maybe they're right). I just don't bet against father time.

Absolutely LOVE the deal for the Thunder. Oubre WILL have a market. Sad to see him and the energy he brought to the table go. And they got a 1st for a player they wanted to rid of.

As an Orlando fan I'd rather have Vuc than Russ, straight up.
For sure, but it’s 8 years of Vuc now and winning 28-38 games. I just want to see something different, it doesn’t even matter if they’re good or not (they won’t be). 

Well looks like...

@ShamsCharania

Sources: Suns‘ future first to the Thunder is protected 1-12 in 2022, 1-10 in 2023, 1-8 in 2024 and unprotected in 2025.
Just not a fan of giving the pick for a 35 year old for a fringe playoff team (IMO). :shrug:  Paul isn't going to make them a contender in the West in the next 2 years and prevents from making any moves in FA.

Guess I'll hope the pick goes to OKC in 2022.

Make it happen, Marks!

Shams Charania @ShamsCharania

Rockets star James Harden wants to be on a contender elsewhere, and Brooklyn and Philadelphia are believed to be his top desired trade destinations, sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium. Houston is fully comfortable keeping Harden and Russell Westbrook into the season.

1:43 PM · Nov 16, 2020

Make it happen, Marks!

Shams Charania @ShamsCharania

Rockets star James Harden wants to be on a contender elsewhere, and Brooklyn and Philadelphia are believed to be his top desired trade destinations, sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium. Houston is fully comfortable keeping Harden and Russell Westbrook into the season.

1:43 PM · Nov 16, 2020
Harden for Simmons+ does make sense if they plan on keeping similar system in Houston.....

(I know it's not what you want to hear :cry: )

EDIT: Obviously going under the assumption that Westbrook is good as gone in any event in Houston. As fun as watching those 2 on the perimeter would be :lol:   No way Westbrook's back IMO.

Not sure why anyone would want "2x all-star" "first team all-defense" "third team all-NBA" Ben Simmons when they could have the indefatigable Caris LeVert. Brooklyn has the upper hand here imo. 

Well looks like...

Just not a fan of giving the pick for a 35 year old for a fringe playoff team (IMO). :shrug:  Paul isn't going to make them a contender in the West in the next 2 years and prevents from making any moves in FA.

Guess I'll hope the pick goes to OKC in 2022.
I guess the Suns can still use $18 million in cap space if they time the trade right. 

OKC front office continue to make good moves.
oh, is it good to turn Serge Ibaka 5 firsts and 2 pick swaps and 2 starters and then also to get off of arguably the worst contract in the league  in exchange for 3 first-rounders  and 2 first round pick swaps and 2 starters?

(not to mention like 3 seasons' worth of all-NBA play in the meantime)

Obviously not likely they're going to be a FA destination, but I believe Rubio is the only thing OKC has on their books (of any great $$) for 21-22. And probably won't have a problem moving him either.

Not to mention they should be able to most definitely (IMO) get something for Oubre. And perhaps some sort of pick for Danny Green.

They might be part of a future 30-for-30 "Title-less: The drafting of Durant-Westbrook-Harden" (or FU Kendrick Perkins) but OKC's done a tremendous tremendous job here. 

@wikkidpissah  He's now available to wear green.

K.C. Johnson

@KCJHoop

4m

The Bulls plan to not issue a qualifying offer to Kris Dunn, per sources. The Clippers are among several teams expected to show interest in the soon-to-be-free-agent guard.

Interesting. I think Dunn will have a very healthy market as defender/backup PG.

Him forced to play a lot of 3 last year and Porter's inevitable departure next offseason (mostly this) is why I think Bulls go Deni (if available). Okoro wouldnt surprise either. Either could probably shift to the 4 if/when Lauri/Carter hurt.

I have a hard time believing Bulls go PG unless there's a Lavine deal on the horizon. 

Nuts what OKC will get out of dealing Westbrook and George. Together I believe they "led" to 2 first round exits. I get it's a superstar-driven league but you'd think 2 "stars" would bring more than 2 first round exits.

And I think more return is yet to come through Oubre and/or Rubio.

@wikkidpissah  He's now available to wear green.

K.C. Johnson

@KCJHoop

4m

The Bulls plan to not issue a qualifying offer to Kris Dunn, per sources. The Clippers are among several teams expected to show interest in the soon-to-be-free-agent guard.
i'm having trouble believing Dunn cant be the guy he was headed toward when he ate some floor, but i said that about the Leprechaun's dentribulation and he still aint back

Nuts what OKC will get out of dealing Westbrook and George. Together I believe they "led" to 2 first round exits. I get it's a superstar-driven league but you'd think 2 "stars" would bring more than 2 first round exits.

And I think more return is yet to come through Oubre and/or Rubio.
Presti has done an amazing job, but first round draft picks always look better until you have to use them.  In fairness, it's about the only way a small market can build a contender though.

well, i thought that said Abdel Nasser and i was mighty confused

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn

Sources: After turning down an extension offer to become the first $50M a year player in league history, James Harden’s message to Houston is clear: Get me to Brooklyn. Rockets and Nets have been in contact, but there’s been no meaningful dialogue.

7:46 PM · Nov 16, 2020·

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn

Sources: After turning down an extension offer to become the first $50M a year player in league history, James Harden’s message to Houston is clear: Get me to Brooklyn. Rockets and Nets have been in contact, but there’s been no meaningful dialogue.

7:46 PM · Nov 16, 2020·
Well vin fosh nba on twitter is saying

“There’s growing sentiment in the Philadelphia 76ers front office that James Harden can be acquired without giving up Joel Embiid or Ben Simmons. 

Likely pieces would be Al Horford, Matisse Thybulle, Shake Milton, Zhaire Smith and multiple Draft Picks.”

Well vin fosh nba on twitter is saying

“There’s growing sentiment in the Philadelphia 76ers front office that James Harden can be acquired without giving up Joel Embiid or Ben Simmons. 

Likely pieces would be Al Horford, Matisse Thybulle, Shake Milton, Zhaire Smith and multiple Draft Picks.”
That would be shocking. Who else would need to come back for salaries?

Still move Richardson for Mills at that point?

Mills-Harden-Simmons-Harris-Embiid

That would be shocking. Who else would need to come back for salaries?

Still move Richardson for Mills at that point?

Mills-Harden-Simmons-Harris-Embiid
Horford, thybulle, Milton and zhaire would be about $34-35 million I think.  Mike Scott probably gets it over.

I personally would keep Richardson in that scenario since harden is so lax on defense, but it would still be a net positive.

I have no idea if that reporter actually knows anything

But then we are back to Simmons running the point without a jumpshot or pick and roll. 

I think Simmons is great, but I don’t think he and Embiid are a good fit. I would almost rather trade Simmons and keep Thybulle and get Covington and Tucker as well. 

maybe I am wrong and Rivers unlocks this team. A key though is moving Harris mainly to the 4 imo. 

Woj: Portland is acquiring Robert Covington from the Rockets, sending Houston Trevor Ariza, pick 16 in Wednesday's draft, and a protected 2021 first-round pick.

Shams: The Pelicans are trading Jrue Holiday to Milwaukee. Bucks are sending Eric Bledsoe, George Hill, two future pick swaps, and three first round picks to New Orleans.

Users who are viewing this thread