What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos (4 Viewers)

I know I want to see how Mavs do in free agency. 

I REALLY REALLY disliked that Seth Curry deal. Was a huge weapon for Luca and them. Isn't to dig at Josh Richardson.....just wasn't a fan of dealing unquestionably one of the league's top 3 shooters on a heck of a long term deal for IMO Tim Hardaway Jr. (who has now opted in) 2.0.
more than a shooter, Mavs need someone to greet the ball up top so Luka can breathe. Seth's a sieve (say that 5x fast), which is why i imagine Carlisle could make him available, but JRich couldnt handle that chore for the Sixers' oversized PG, so...

mavs really need a 3rd presence. RJHampton mighta been nice for them

The Tampa Bay Raptors

STATEMENT FROM MASAI UJIRI

"The Raptors worked diligently with public health officials at the local, provincial, and federal level to secure a plan that would permit us to play our 2020-21 season on home soil and on our home court at Scotiabank Arena. These conversations were productive, and we found strong support for the protocols we put forward. Ultimately, the current public health situation facing Canadians, combined with the urgent need to determine where we will play means that we will begin our 2020-21 season in Tampa, Florida."
https://twitter.com/JLew1050/status/1329846527498588161?s=20

I loved the Seth deal :)
I actually loved that deal for both sides.  For the Mavs--I think a backup PG will be a lot easier to find than the huge void they have in a versatile wing player.  They desperately needed more depth at the wing position to defend guys like Lebron, Kawhi, PG-13, Harden (if he doesn't get traded).  Finney Smith isn't a wing you can have to compete for a championship.  Richardson is a great defender, does have range, has decent handles--he's a huge upgrade for them imo.   Curry gives the sixers exactly what they need--more shooting to spread the court for simmons and Embiid.  I have a hard time not liking what either side did here. 

While he declined his $5 million player option for next season late last week, Robin Lopez isn’t necessarily destined to leave the Bucks. A league source tells The Athletic his decision was motivated by a desire to keep his freedom to choose where he plays next season and avoid getting thrown into a trade by the Bucks.

– via Eric Nehm @ The Athletic
:lol:   Good for Robin.

Marc Stein @TheSteinLine

Indiana continues to explore sign-and-trade pathways to try acquire Gordon Hayward from Boston, league sources say The Knicks, as covered here yesterday, remain a suitor for Hayward with their salary-cap space

10:41 AM · Nov 20, 2020
the Danny Ainge PR game is strong

Going into next year who out west could take out the LeBrons? 

Warriors? They’re done now. 

Clips? Probably the best chance. They really choked in the bubble but that bubble was screwing with people. 

Nuggets? They’re fun as hell but nah. Not unless Porter or Bol makes some insane leap. 

Sun, Jazz, Blazers are all fun and likely good but no chance in a series. Rockets are dead. Really hard to imagine Lebron not winning the west again. 

In the East it seems like only Milwaukee and maybe Brooklyn if they get Harden could take them as well.
Philly in the East,  :homer: and for the West, man do i want to watch some of the Grizzlies games this year. i think they are 2 years away from a true contendor, but they have a lot of funt talent there

Apparently the Knicks are offering 3/70 for Hayward which seems reasonable.  
Thats soo typical Knicks.  The offer does seem reasonable--it's just sad that their primary focus is making the 4th best player from another team their best player.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats soo typical Knicks.  The offer does seem reasonable--it's just sad that their primary focus is making the 4th best player from another team their best player.
I mean they have to at least get to the floor.  He seems as good as way as any.  I mean I'd rather have him than trading for Westbrook.  

I mean they have to at least get to the floor.  He seems as good as way as any.  I mean I'd rather have him than trading for Westbrook.  
the Knicks seemed to be a good landing spot for Van Fleet with a nice contract. it is kind of weird how the Van Fleet talk has been pretty quiet

I dunno. In general I agree that Hayward is a better player than Russ at this point---but what the Knicks need is somebody that can get a young athletic team to play with pace and with passion.   Hayward is not that guy.   If there was one team in the league where a guy like Russ makes the most sense--to me--it's exactly the Knicks.   He plays with pace, he plays with passion---which I think are two huge things that the Knicks need.  

I dunno. In general I agree that Hayward is a better player than Russ at this point---but what the Knicks need is somebody that can get a young athletic team to play with pace and with passion.   Hayward is not that guy.   If there was one team in the league where a guy like Russ makes the most sense--to me--it's exactly the Knicks.   He plays with pace, he plays with passion---which I think are two huge things that the Knicks need.  
hes also a volume shooter who is a career 47 percent shooter for 2s and a career 30 percent shooter on threes i have never understood the love for this guy between being a bad scoring option yet needing to have the ball all the time he is also a knuckelhead who takes stupid shots at stupid times and seems only marginally interested on defense so in my opinion he doesnt make sense for the knicks or anyone else for that matter take that to the bank bromigos 

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn

Portland is acquiring Boston's Enes Kanter in a three-way deal with Memphis, sources tell ESPN. Memphis gets Mario Hezonja and 30th pick (Desmond Bane) from draft night deal as part of trade too. Celtics get a future Memphis draft consideration.

2:43 PM · Nov 20, 2020

maybe, i'm just not sure why Indiana would feel pressure to do any of this in this tight time window. As opposed to Boston who has their hands tied (Heyward too if he hits the market and doesn't get any big suitors)
Because if The Pacers want Hayward (and if Hayward wants to go back home which seems to be the rumor) the only way it will happen is via sign and trade...they won’t have the cap space to get him as a real free agent...right now the two teams that can offer Hayward real non sign and trade money are the Knicks and Hawks.

Celtics with another pick. And clearing more cap space. :popcorn:  
I don’t think they are even getting picks in these dumps...they are considerations...the one yesterday is a second round top 55 protected...will be interesting to see what they end up doing...

I don’t think they are even getting picks in these dumps...they are considerations...the one yesterday is a second round top 55 protected...will be interesting to see what they end up doing...
seems like it was 2 2nd round picks. Top 55 protected is pretty funny if that is the case. I have a feeling the next few hours will be full of rumors all over the place.

As a Sixers fan, I would love to see Nerlens Noel come back to the Sixers at 1-2 million a year to back up Embiid. Noel would be fun with Simmons on the court in some running up and down the court

ETA: and the pieces in that trade seem pretty funny. I think Bane outweighs both by quite a bit. I know all rookies look sexier before getting on the court, but he seems to be the piece you would want out of that 3-way deal

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2020-nba-free-agency-a-look-at-the-top-100-players-on-the-market-from-fred-vanvleet-to-wenyen-gabriel/

Top 100 free agents...a few thoughts:

*Not much star power but some real nice players for contenders to beef up their rosters with if the price is right

*I refuse to believe Nerlins Noel is 26 years old...and Noah Vonleh is 25?

*Josh Jackson went from a guy who had some drooling over him before he got drafted to an afterthought

*I hear Harry Giles mentioned with the C's...worth a flyer and I guess he is a buddy of Tatum's

*Jahlil Okafor went from the #3 pick to not even making the top 100 free agent list

i guess no surprise with this one, but would have been interested to see him try the open market:

Tim Reynolds

@ByTimReynolds

Goran Dragic announces that he's back with the Miami Heat. Source tells AP it is a two-year deal, the second year is at the Heat option.

i guess no surprise with this one, but would have been interested to see him try the open market:

Tim Reynolds

@ByTimReynolds

Goran Dragic announces that he's back with the Miami Heat. Source tells AP it is a two-year deal, the second year is at the Heat option.
Ok, was just going to say has to be an option 

Meyers Leonard says he's also re-signing with the Heat, another two-year deal with a team option in year 2. Now we're cooking with gas!

:pickle:

Marc Stein @TheSteinLine

Strong indications that the Nets will be securing commitment from the sharpshooting Joe Harris despite considerable external interest

5:12 PM · Nov 20, 2020

:lmao:

Yaya Dubin

@JADubin5

Absolutely cannot wait to read about how Ainge almost traded Hayward for Turner, Warren, Oladipo, McDermott, Dale Davis, and Austin Croshere.

Jared Wade

@Jared_Wade

@JADubin5

"It looked like a done deal but at the last minute the stingy Pacers just wouldn't part with Bankers Life Fieldhouse"

Users who are viewing this thread