What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos (2 Viewers)

This is so depressing. I don't get it at all.

Ok - even if Wood told you he's not re-signing, why do you waste that money on these stiffs?
it is kind of weird, i thought they did pretty well on draft night.

at least you have Andre Drummond tweeting out "Pistons just got a real one in Jahlil Okafor"

Tom Westerholm

@Tom_NBA

·50m

The Celtics should have offered the Pistons Kanter or Poirier, they might have gotten a first.

Tom Westerholm

@Tom_NBA

Replying to

@Tom_NBA

Tacko for Killian Hayes, who says no?

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn

Free agent F Rodney Hood is returning to the Portland Trail Blazers on a two-year, $21M deal, sources tell ESPN.

7:34 PM · Nov 20, 2020·

Second year is non-guaranteed.

Shams Charania @ShamsCharania

Restricted free agent Malik Beasley (@Mbeasy5) has agreed to a four-year, $60M deal to return to the Minnesota Timberwolves, his agent Brian Jungreis told @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium.

7:45 PM · Nov 20, 2020

Restricted free agent Malik Beasley (@Mbeasy5) has agreed to a four-year, $60M deal to return to the Minnesota Timberwolves, his agent Brian Jungreis told @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium.

$15 mil/yr for 14 games.

Thanks Denver!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Frank Isola @TheFrankIsola

Christian Wood is close to finalizing a three-year, $27 million contract with the Houston Rockets, according to a source.

7:54 PM · Nov 20, 2020
Imagine paying 40 year old Mason Plumlee the same money to let Wood walk. I get his #s will fall,. but he was 23/10/56FG/39FROM3 after Drummond was dealt.

Jesus, what a clown show in Detroit. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Frank Isola @TheFrankIsola

Christian Wood is close to finalizing a three-year, $27 million contract with the Houston Rockets, according to a source.

7:54 PM · Nov 20, 2020
@ShamsCharania

Free agent Christian Wood remains engaged with interested teams, sources say
Looks like he might still be on the market. 

Detroit: "Wait, we gave Plumlee what?"

Really like Beasley's game and think he's a great fit with the T'Wolves.  However, with his recent run in with the law, I wasn't sure he'd see anything close to this payday.

Free agent Dwight Howard has agreed to a one-year deal with the Philadelphia 76ers, his agent Charles Briscoe tells @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium.

7:32 PM · Nov 20, 2020
This doesn't seem like a great fit.  Philadelphia made some really smart moved during the draft, but that locker room is still fragile.  Not sure the upside Dwight showed with the Lakers is worth the risk for the 76ers.

now we'll see, after all these yrs of "thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis close" if Traitor Danny indeed likes winning trades more than titles, as rumored all along

ETA: i'd throw Timelord and Hoosier Romeo in for 'deep, too
I am beginning to love the troll job the C's PR team pulls over and over again. You would think if this were to be the case it would have happened already. Indiana would have been pretty foolish to give up Turner or anything else to pay to get Heyward. 

My guess is Heyward is shopping around to see what kind of money he can get. If he strikes out he will pull a Marcus Smart and come back to Boston to see what can be done

This doesn't seem like a great fit.  Philadelphia made some really smart moved during the draft, but that locker room is still fragile.  Not sure the upside Dwight showed with the Lakers is worth the risk for the 76ers.
did come out of left field. Seems to be some rumors that the move had to do with Jameer Nelson coming on as a scout, or could do with Howard signing with Clutch Sports. Who knows. Much rather have had Noel and had some run and gun speed, but whatever. He is a back-up to Embiid who will play 30+ minutes in the playoffs likely, so better than the scrubs (outside of Boban) they picked up over the past 2 years. 

Vet minimum too so i don't know if they could have gotten anybody else to be a quality back-up on a vet minimum contract. Gives them some money left over they can use if that is the case

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn

Free agent Alec Burks has agreed to a one-year, $6M deal with the New York Knicks, agent Alex Saratsis tells @ZachLowe_NBA and me.

8:55 PM · Nov 20, 2020

The Pistons aren't done yet!

Shams Charania @ShamsCharania

Free agent Jerami Grant has agreed to a three-year, $60 million deal with the Detroit Pistons, sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium. Deal negotiated by agent Mike Kneisley.

8:59 PM · Nov 20, 2020

Free agent Jerami Grant has agreed to a three-year, $60 million deal with the Detroit Pistons, sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium. Deal negotiated by agent Mike Kneisley.

Well, at least it's someone that could POSSIBLY have trade value in the future.

wow. I like Grant quite a bit, but $20 million/year is a lot for him

I just ... I don't get it. 

But I'm at least intrigued to see what the resolution to all of this is. 

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn

Free agent guard Joe Harris has agreed to a four-year, $75M deal to return to the Brooklyn Nets, his agent Mark Bartelstein @PrioritySports tells ESPN.

9:00 PM · Nov 20, 2020
Wowie 

Definitely a better fit there as a compliment to Levert IMO. Guess he really did have a strong market.

Whoa

Wowie 

Definitely a better fit there as a compliment to Levert IMO. Guess he really did have a strong market.
also guessing Brooklyn isn't looking into Harden. i mean maybe still, but no idea how that could work with all of their high salaries

also guessing Brooklyn isn't looking into Harden. i mean maybe still, but no idea how that could work with all of their high salaries
Brooklyn simply doesn't have the pieces IMO to make a Harden deal work.  Never have understood it. Gonna have to involve another team or two to get sometime done.

You can't give up one of the all-time scorers in NBA history........and get back Caris Levert. Nice player but he's not a franchise building block. I mean, he could be, but your franchise is gonna suck.

Montrezl Harrell to the Lakers — 2yr/$19MM, with year 2 being a player option.
Crazy bargain. Curious about the fit, but he is a Klutch client. I had to double check to make sure Shams didn’t accidentally put down the wrong LA team. Sounds like he turned down a bigger deal from Charlotte. 

Free agent F Christian Wood has agreed to a three-year, $41M deal with the Houston Rockets, sources tell ESPN. 

--

Ok - now I'm even more confused about all the Pistons moves. 

That's a very reasonable deal for Wood.

Users who are viewing this thread