What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos (12 Viewers)

Wow, Clippers signed Paul George to a max extension through 2025 (player option in last year). Equates to up to $226M over the next 5 years (including his current salary for 20-21). 

Per Woj

Yo Mama said:
Wow, Clippers signed Paul George to a max extension through 2025 (player option in last year). Equates to up to $226M over the next 5 years (including his current salary for 20-21). 

Per Woj
They kinda had to do it if George was willing to take the extension but that is going to be a rough contract in the last couple years.

They kinda had to do it if George was willing to take the extension but that is going to be a rough contract in the last couple years.
Might be kind of a rough contract now for someone who has had a playoff PER of <15 two of the last three seasons.  Also, we know from experience this won't exactly stop him from demanding a trade, like, next month.

Might be kind of a rough contract now for someone who has had a playoff PER of <15 two of the last three seasons.  Also, we know from experience this won't exactly stop him from demanding a trade, like, next month.
And won’t stop the Clippers from trading him as soon as they can too (ala Blake Griffin). 

i think most impressive thing with this off-season has been unloading some of these huge contracts that everybody thought would be unable to be moved. the fact that Morey could unload the bloated Al Horford contract for a 1st round 5 years from now is astonishing. maybe OKC thinks better of Al Horford then what he ever gave the Sixers, but that was impressive. i

i also remember a year or 2 ago everyone thought Washington was absolutely toast for the next 3-4 years because they would never be able to move Wall and his contract. 

I guess i am just surprised that some it seems bad decisions in the NAB can be erased somewhat easily if you take advantage of a situation or have a competent GM

i think most impressive thing with this off-season has been unloading some of these huge contracts that everybody thought would be unable to be moved. the fact that Morey could unload the bloated Al Horford contract for a 1st round 5 years from now is astonishing. maybe OKC thinks better of Al Horford then what he ever gave the Sixers, but that was impressive. i

i also remember a year or 2 ago everyone thought Washington was absolutely toast for the next 3-4 years because they would never be able to move Wall and his contract. 

I guess i am just surprised that some it seems bad decisions in the NAB can be erased somewhat easily if you take advantage of a situation or have a competent GM
I'm looking forward to see what Morey can do in Philly.  His hands were always tied in Houston and still found a way to make something with marginal firepower (early on before he leaned too heavily on trading picks).  

1 meaningless preseason game but the Bulls looked rough vs. Houston.

I think Pat Williams is gonna be a contributor whenever he gets the opportunity. They're desperately gonna need some defense. They're really really bad upfront and even worse in the backcourt with Lavine/White. Cousins looked decent. Think he'll get run off the court a bit in games but certainly was better than Carter Jr. 

I think Pat Williams is gonna be a contributor whenever he gets the opportunity. They're desperately gonna need some defense. They're really really bad upfront and even worse in the backcourt with Lavine/White. Cousins looked decent. Think he'll get run off the court a bit in games but certainly was better than Carter Jr. 
John Wall looked better than I expected after being off for two years.  (Besides tripping over his own feet on a spin move.) I agree about Boogie.

I’m very pleased with the Pat Williams pick. So smooth.  He’ll start out in the rotation for sure.

Great to see the NBA back, even preseason. Weird seeing an empty Staples center last night, it's a lot more noticeable without all the video boards they had up in the Orlando bubble courts.

Help settle a debate.

Who wins:

ATL backup 5 (Rondo/Huerter/Reddish*/Gallinari/Okongwu)

or 

Knicks starting 5 (Whatever crap they throw together)

*Assuming Hunter starts over Reddish

Help settle a debate.

Who wins:

ATL backup 5 (Rondo/Huerter/Reddish*/Gallinari/Okongwu)

or 

Knicks starting 5 (Whatever crap they throw together)

*Assuming Hunter starts over Reddish
Who’s starting if gallo is on the bench for atl?

ETA - looks like that’s would mean Young/Bogdonovic/Hunter/Collins/Capela start, which makes sense I guess. Forgot they were so deep. 

I think I still give it to knicks with Payton/Barrett/Knox/Randle/Robinson but it’s fairly close

Last edited by a moderator:
Nets coach Steve Nash said on Sunday that while Caris LeVert is "clearly a starter" from a talent standpoint, he has not committed to placing him with the first unit. 

"Caris is a starter. Will he start for us? I’m not sure," Nash said. "He’s so good with the ball in his hands there’s a case to be made that he plays that (Manu) Ginobili role." LeVert blossomed last season, as he had the ball in his hands more due to the absences of Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant. Both are back to full strength, which in turn would limit LeVert's playmaking opportunities if he were to start. This is something worth tracking once the regular season begins, as a reserve role could actually improve LeVert's fantasy value. 
Agree 100% here. 

Levert a solid primary guy.  Can be said about many guys around the league, but he's much less of an asset off the ball. No doubt I'd make him 6th man if he remains a Net if Durant/Irving healthy.

I'd have looked to cash in on his relatively strong play sans Irving last year TBH. He's still a very poor defender and less than ideal secondary/tertiary option on a starting unit.

After two more meaningless games...not so bad. . Carter and Williams interior defense will help out with average guard defense. Lavine appears willing to share lead guard with Coby and both totally different  with strengths that to me complement. Garret Temple will help with defense once he is abailable.  Liking Donovan ball so far. Too many 3 attemps/ misses by Markannen and Carter so far but hopefully  less shots and more makes from the arc soon. As an aside Horford is a very good player. 

Rockers beat writer (i think) was on Dan Patrick this morning, going after Harden pretty hard.

now i don't follow the NBA like you guys, so some of what he stated as fact surprised me, but made me wonder how much truth there was to the statements.

essentially it was that Harden had full command of all decisions within the Rockets organization.  from when they practiced, to when they traveled, where they stayed, who they hired, fired, who they signed, etc.

not that the organization listened to his input and took it under considertaion, but that he had full and final say on ALL organizational decisions. apparently based  solely on his whim. for example when they played in Atlanta they would arrive early so Harden had more strip club time. when they played in say, Milwaukee, they arrived later. all of which of course impacted their practice time and game arrival. 

it was essentially said that Fertitta was a figurehead and Harden was the power. and now they're basically powerless to stop him from leaving and going wherever he wants, under his own terms.

is that... possible? this guy made it sound like all NBA stars (Lebron, Durant, GIannis) have the same power and wield it similarly.

that seems...... unlikely? or am i just naive?

Last edited by a moderator:
Rockers beat writer (i think) was on Dan Patrick this morning, going after Harden pretty hard.

now i don't follow the NBA like you guys, so some of what he stated as fact surprised me, but made me wonder how much truth there was to the statements.

essentially it was that Harden had full command of all decisions within the Rockets organization.  from when they practiced, to when they traveled, where they stayed, who they hired, fired, who they signed, etc.

not that the organization listened to his input.  he had full and final say on ALL organizational decisions. and it was apparently based on his whim. for example when they played in Atlanta they would arrive early so Harden had more strip club time. when they played in say, Milwaukee, they arrived later. all of which of course impacted their practice time and game arrival. 

is that... possible? this guy made it sound like all NBA stars (Lebron, Durant, GIannis) have the same power and wield it similarly.

I assume all of the top stars theoretically have that power but it seems like Harden has taken it to an extreme.  I have no doubt the Lakers don't make a personnel move without clearing it with LeBron but I would be shocked if LeBron is scheduling team flights to maximize his strip club time. 

Also, never having been to an Atlanta strip club may be my one big regret in life. :kicksrock:

not that the organization listened to his input and took it under considertaion, but that he had full and final say on ALL organizational decisions. apparently based  solely on his whim. for example when they played in Atlanta they would arrive early so Harden had more strip club time. when they played in say, Milwaukee, they arrived later. all of which of course impacted their practice time and game arrival. 

it was essentially said that Fertitta was a figurehead and Harden was the power. and now they're basically powerless to stop him from leaving and going wherever he wants, under his own terms.

This entire thing just screams Fertitta CYA.  Yeah stars wield some power on flight times, practices, and such; but, there's no way a Grade A Alpha male like Fertitta is simply letting Harden run everything.  There's a reason that org is blowing up and yes some of it is because Harden has some power, but Fertitta is due more than his fair share of the blame as well.

Being naive. The best 4-5 players in the league control their orgs if they want. 

Users who are viewing this thread