What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos (6 Viewers)

Is it me or does Kemba hold that team back?  I think you trade him for some asset who can help now.
Brian Scalabrine, who has taken over fulltime now for Tommy Heinsohn as Celtic color man, has done a wonderful job talking about Kemba's Celtic role this season. Basically, he didnt know how to play with guys who were nowhere near as likely to #### it up as he was used to and, in his first go-round as a Celtic, deferred to his new teammates, not wanting to be the Kyrie, to his and their detriment. Then came the knee and the two factors combined in this summer's bubble disaster.

Scal works out with these guys now & then and said that they had Kemba really focused, during his rehab, on playing balls-out for shorter arcs of time ("point-a-minute" Scal called it) with his teammates being the ones to defer, as the best way to integrate his game with the young stars. First 3-4 games back, it was working like a charm but, for some reason, the prime-time Laker game turned him right back into the yipatron he'd been in the bubble. He was as halting as his 2020 self then against GS and out for the b2b last nite. It remains to be seen what the next act in this drama will bring.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it me or does Kemba hold that team back?  I think you trade him for some asset who can help now.
i don't know what they would expect to get back for Kemba. With his degen knee issue and larger contract i don't know if he has a ton of value going forward. 

i do enjoy watching the CLNS podcast about the C's, the 4 guys on it seem like good media guys. what is funny is after almost every single loss the entire C fanbase talks about trading Tristan and Kemba for some top player around the league, or just throwing all of their crap players like Grant Williams, Romeo, etc. and getting something back. 

Brian Scalabrine, who has taken over fulltime now for Tommy Heinsohn as Celtic color man, has done a wonderful job talking about Kemba's Celtic role this season. Basically, he didnt know how to play with guys who were nowhere near as likely to #### it up as he was used to and, in his first go-round as a Celtic, deferred to his new teammates, not wanting to be the Kyrie, to his and their detriment. Then came the knee and the two factors combined in this summer's bubble disaster.

Scal works out with these guys now & then and said that they had Kemba really focused, during his rehab, on playing balls-out for shorter arcs of time ("point-a-minute" Scal called it) with his teammates being the ones to defer, as the best way to integrate his game with the young stars. First 3-4 games back, it was working like a charm but, for some reason, the prime-time Laker game turned him right back into the yipatron he'd been in the bubble. He was as halting as his 2020 self then against GS and out for the b2b last nite. It remains to be seen what the next act in this drama will bring.
i don't know if Heyward would have wanted to sign back with the C's, but he seems to be doing fairly well after moving on. Tristan is a bit of a dumpster fire

Using twitter for the all stars is so silly. if it didn't effect player contracts it would be fine but we really think there are that many people in the country who are capable of doing this correctly?:

Chris Palmer @ChrisPalmerNBA

1h

All-Star Vote Leaders:

1. KD 2,302,705

2. LeBron 2,288,676

3. Steph 2,113,178

4. Giannis 1,752,185

5. Embiid 1,584,028

40. Klay Thompson 99,094

i don't know what they would expect to get back for Kemba. With his degen knee issue and larger contract i don't know if he has a ton of value going forward. 

i do enjoy watching the CLNS podcast about the C's, the 4 guys on it seem like good media guys. what is funny is after almost every single loss the entire C fanbase talks about trading Tristan and Kemba for some top player around the league, or just throwing all of their crap players like Grant Williams, Romeo, etc. and getting something back. 
Yeah, I should've prefaced by saying I have no idea about his trade value, contract, etc.  I'm only a casual Celtics viewer but I'd like to see Jaylen run the show.  Seems like Kemba can get in the way. 

Who is more likely to be an All Star this season?

Derrick Rose or Ben Simmons?
Actually?

Ben:  13.4P, 8.1R, 8.0A, 1.7S, 0.9B, 1st place in the East.

Rose:  14.2P, 1.9R, 4.2A, 1.2S, 0.3B, Last place in the East.

And that's not even counting Defense which is perhaps Ben's biggest strength.  But I'm sure most in here are going to somehow pick Rose.

lol, what the heck are the Sixers doing tonight? losing by 20 to the T-Blazers is astonshing considering they have virtually no one playing.

At least everybody can't blame for this one

lol, what the heck are the Sixers doing tonight? losing by 20 to the T-Blazers is astonshing considering they have virtually no one playing.

At least everybody can't blame for this one
Yep... Embiid's first home loss of the entire year.  And it's to a Dame-less Blazers team and the game isn't even close. 

The Lakers' defense and energy is excellent, but the Nuggets also got freezing cold in the second half.

There's such a clear top 4 teams in each conference right now.  If the standings finish the way they are today, we could have the best and most exciting 2nd round playoff matchups of all time.

Celtics vs Sixers
Nets vs Bucks

Nuggets vs Jazz
Lakers vs Clippers

That would be so much fun.

There's such a clear top 4 teams in each conference right now.  If the standings finish the way they are today, we could have the best and most exciting 2nd round playoff matchups of all time.

Celtics vs Sixers
Nets vs Bucks

Nuggets vs Jazz
Lakers vs Clippers

That would be so much fun.

As a Boston fan, the Celtics are clearly the 8th best team in that group.  They are more on par with Phoenix and Indiana than those other 7.

As a Boston fan, the Celtics are clearly the 8th best team in that group.  They are more on par with Phoenix and Indiana than those other 7.
Ya maybe so.  I try not to follow any Celtics stuff since they let Kelly walk.

What does everybody think of the Jazz? They seem to be kind of legit this year. I've been a big fan of Snyder over the last few years and I like Gobert, Mitchell and Conley.

In this run where they've won like 14 out of 15, they have not played either LA team or Philly, but did play 2 vs Denver and the Bucks.

Ya it's pretty much trolling at this point simply because there's more Sixers fans in the thread than any other team.  And this is from a Dallas fan??
Just comical how many keystrokes have been wasted on a team that consistently underperforms and perpetually fails to live up to the hype.  Last night, the 76ers lost - AT HOME - to a team that was without their starting backcourt, starting center and small forward.  This was 87 year old Carmelo Anthony and G-team players.  Philly was outscored 64-38 in the second half.  

It's the NBA and that stuff happens.  We're allowed to chuckle at it when it does.  

Just comical how many keystrokes have been wasted on a team that consistently underperforms and perpetually fails to live up to the hype.  Last night, the 76ers lost - AT HOME - to a team that was without their starting backcourt, starting center and small forward.  This was 87 year old Carmelo Anthony and G-team players.  Philly was outscored 64-38 in the second half.  

It's the NBA and that stuff happens.  We're allowed to chuckle at it when it does.  
Dude they're first in the East, chill lol.

That stuff does happen... when teams like the Knicks blowout the Bucks, anything can happen.  Philly SHOULD have won that game, but they were also on a back to back and missing their All-Star point guard too.

They definitely sucked, and were TERRIBLE in the 3rd quarter which was the only quarter they lost.

What does everybody think of the Jazz? They seem to be kind of legit this year. I've been a big fan of Snyder over the last few years and I like Gobert, Mitchell and Conley.

In this run where they've won like 14 out of 15, they have not played either LA team or Philly, but did play 2 vs Denver and the Bucks.
i'd like to like em better because theyre the Celts of the west - team-conceptwise, and we're rapidly running out of team-concept franchises.

i'd like to like em better because nobody's making them pay for their size & mobility issues at forward

i'd like to like em better, but Conley's regression to the mean has begun and they're just easier to figure out in a series than in a game

Jayrod said:

Mannix and Beck were talking about not being surprised if they got to the WCF. they were talking like Utah is top 5-6.

Durant Out

Durant In

Durant Out

Health and Safety protocol BTW

And these fools want to have an All Star gathering?

Kyrie found an owchie so he dont have to fight Harden for the ball (and easy covers) without KD . And DeAndre is already running like Roger Murdoch piggybacking Bob Lanier to the airplane bathroom as the guy who's sposeta guard evvybody. great show -

Deamon said:
Let me guess, easy money for you because you bet against them last night but just didn't happen to bet against them in all their wins recently 😛
i'm guessing we won't hear from Soduko in the Tub tonight or tommorrow  :kicksrock:

Ben had a hell of a game though

Shams Charania

@ShamsCharania

2hThe Detroit Pistons are nearing agreement on deal to send Derrick Rose to the New York Knicks for Dennis Smith Jr. and draft compensation, sources tell me and @JLEdwardsIII

Who knew Thibs was so nostalgic?

Shams Charania

@ShamsCharania

2hThe Detroit Pistons are nearing agreement on deal to send Derrick Rose to the New York Knicks for Dennis Smith Jr. and draft compensation, sources tell me and @JLEdwardsIII

Who knew Thibs was so nostalgic?

Pistons got a 2021 2nd rounder with Smith. Seems like a solid deal for them.

Smith is an expiring. So they give him a 50 game tryout and get a 2nd round pick.

Casey's a bit of a whisperer for attitudinous PGs. Lowry, VanVleet in Canada, turning Delon Wright into an actual point this season. DSJ's his kinda kid

Wouldn't be another Bulls season without Wendell Carter and Laurie missing time. 

Laurie now out 2-4 weeks. Carter's out another month or so. Thought they'd need to pick one or the other before the season....trade/let both walk probably an option. If Lonzo Ball is available, I'd deal either or both for him. (Though Pellies seem "set" in the frontcourt. For better or worse by overpaying Steven Adams)

I think the Bulls are better w/o Laurie. Decent offensive player (at times) but that's it. I wouldn't pay the guy $20m/yr to pay one end of the court for 1/2 the season.

Wouldn't be another Bulls season without Wendell Carter and Laurie missing time. 

Laurie now out 2-4 weeks. Carter's out another month or so. Thought they'd need to pick one or the other before the season....trade/let both walk probably an option. If Lonzo Ball is available, I'd deal either or both for him. (Though Pellies seem "set" in the frontcourt. For better or worse by overpaying Steven Adams)

I think the Bulls are better w/o Laurie. Decent offensive player (at times) but that's it. I wouldn't pay the guy $20m/yr to pay one end of the court for 1/2 the season.
I don't get why the Pelicans would want to trade Lonzo.  With Zion and Ingram, they should be trying to win as many games as possible and push for the playoffs.  Their remaining cast of PGs are certainly a downgrade.  

Pelicans set in their front court?  Aside from Zion and Adams--they have literally no depth.  I do like Jaxson Hayes--but he's very young and raw and has a bad habit of getting into foul trouble. The Pelicans are set in their backcourt if anything. They have an over abundance of guards--bledsoe, ball, Nickeil, Kira lewis.  They could use front court depth or a wing defender as the closest thing they have to that is Josh Hart. 

By the way, I'm on board with trading Lauri.  Patrick Williams will probably end up being their long-term 4.

Pelicans set in their front court?  Aside from Zion and Adams--they have literally no depth.  I do like Jaxson Hayes--but he's very young and raw and has a bad habit of getting into foul trouble. The Pelicans are set in their backcourt if anything. They have an over abundance of guards--bledsoe, ball, Nickeil, Kira lewis.  They could use front court depth or a wing defender as the closest thing they have to that is Josh Hart. 
I hear Brandon Ingram is pretty good. They're set in starting frontcourt....for better or worse with Adams...for years ahead. 

All the backcourt pieces you've mentioned have more questions than answers. 

By the way, I'm on board with trading Lauri.  Patrick Williams will probably end up being their long-term 4.
Yep I agree. 

Lauri reminds me of Mirotic. Inconsistent one half of court player that shows flashes but not enough to warrant committing big money to long term. I think someone will pay Lauri this offseason...time for Bulls to try to get something in return. They aren't getting but a turkey sandwich for Carter so I think he's more likely to stay (for now).

I hear Brandon Ingram is pretty good. They're set in starting frontcourt....for better or worse with Adams...for years ahead. 

All the backcourt pieces you've mentioned have more questions than answers. 
When you say front court players in the context you are including Steven Adams--the inference is bigger and more imposing types of players.  Brandon Ingram is a long and linky player that offensively plays like a bigger 2 than he does a quintessential front court player.  Even if you want to lump him in as a true front court player---what is their depth?  They have a starting SF, a starting PF in Zion, and Adams.  The depth behind those guys is a huge question mark.   Nickeil is not a question mark--he's uber talented and given consistent playing time and development--he will be a solid player.  The reason why NAW and Kira look like question marks right now is because Van Gundy decided he wanted to start the year playing like 7-8 man rotations and literally impeded the development of a lot of these guys.  

Users who are viewing this thread