What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos (6 Viewers)

Lebron plays 43 minutes tonight in a loss against Washington  #NotMyMVP
All these OT games are killing him.  He's logging major minutes and not taking days off.  As much as I hate the guy, I'm even more impressed with how his body is holding up than I already was.  Am shocked they're not giving him a bunch of load management as was predicted pre season.  I think he wants this MVP badly... but at some point down the stretch, he's going to need to start taking some games off if they want to be fresh for the playoffs.  His stamina is insane, I wonder if he can keep this up all season.

i am not a fan, but LeBron James is the most indomitable athlete of my lifetime. except that football/lacrosse great Jim Brown might have provided challenge for consideration if he'd stayed longer in competitive sports, it's not even particularly close.

i am not a fan, but LeBron James is the most indomitable athlete of my lifetime. except that football/lacrosse great Jim Brown might have provided challenge for consideration if he'd stayed longer in competitive sports, it's not even particularly close.
It helps that they have removed 90% of the physicality from the entire sport. going forward there will an ever increasing number of guys who play just as long and some as well as Lebron.

30 years ago Lebron drives to the hole and gets closed lined and spends the rest of his career hiding at the three point line. Nothing will ever convince me that Lebron has the mental fortitude to compete with Jordan. I hated Jordan but he would have ripped LeBron's heart from his chest and shoved it down Lebrons neck. 

Incredible athlete. Best of his generation. Firmly outside my top 10. I know, Im a big hater. Tell you what, you take your 5 and Ill take mine. Lebrons passing would be his greatest strength on the floor that day. 

Last edited by a moderator:
It helps that they have removed 90% of the physicality from the entire sport. going forward there will an ever increasing number of guys who play just as long and some as well as Lebron.

30 years ago Lebron drives to the hole and gets closed lined and spends the rest of his career hiding at the three point line. Nothing will ever convince me that Lebron has the mental fortitude to compete with Jordan. I hated Jordan but he would have ripped LeBron's heart from his chest and shoved it down Lebrons neck. 

Incredible athlete. Best of his generation. Firmly outside my top 10. I know, Im a big hater. Tell you what, you take your 5 and Ill take mine. Lebrons passing would be his greatest strength on the floor that day. 
I agree with everything except having him outside of your top 10.  He is top 5, probably top 2 depending on how I feel about big men that day.  

All these OT games are killing him.  He's logging major minutes and not taking days off.  As much as I hate the guy, I'm even more impressed with how his body is holding up than I already was.  Am shocked they're not giving him a bunch of load management as was predicted pre season.  I think he wants this MVP badly... but at some point down the stretch, he's going to need to start taking some games off if they want to be fresh for the playoffs.  His stamina is insane, I wonder if he can keep this up all season.
honestly, i think there is some PED use. He has played for 18 years, and the wear and tear on his body would seem to suggest that he has to have some addl. help. Like his hairline, i think he has to be taking something. Maybe he is on that Tom Brady TB11 that seems to beat the drug tests and have Brady looking as good as he is at this point

That isn't taking away from the fact that he probably does do a good job of caring for his body with good nutrition, etc. But to play for 18 years as many minutes as he has without taking a lot of time off for injuries is not the norm for most. I know that the NBA wants to promote LeBron and suggest he is a "superman", but it would be better if they embraced the science behind it and discussed the pro's and con's. 

it's weird for me to be in a position of defending LeBron - i wont watch him except against my home team and in finals - but, if this guy hadda dish it out, he'd have Heinsohns & Jungle Jim Loscutoffs, or Mos & Kermits or Oaks & Mahorns bouncin' off of him. guy's a robofreak - never seen anyone reach his velocity on a hardcourt and i seen him jusplain shake off stuff that would end seasons for most.

where he's a li'l ##### is to be as bodyblessed as he is and still need to hear "you da man" everywhere in order to keep his panties smooth. that's why i'd choose up almost as many as you ahead of him for an alltime game (of course - there are two i'd chooseup over Jordan, too), but i stand by my position on his combo of power, precision and presence over any athlete i've seen.

What a post. 

Lord Jesus. 

No one this era, that era, is stopping 250-70 lb Lebron at the dish. Just thinking about Laimbeer just trying it (one....and last time) is hilarious.

With the ability to use hands on defense then, sure he'd obviously face a little more resistance getting to the hoop.

Jordan will always be #1 for me but Lebron has as good a case as any for 2.

You a big zero dude. You add nothing to the conversation.

You don’t act like this in real life. No reason to pretend on this board. 

You just spent 3 paragraphs fantasizing about how Lebron would get clotheslined so bad in the 80s that he would just hang out at the 3 point line, and how Jordan would rip his heart out and eat it or something weird and I’m the big zero who doesn’t act this way. :thumbup:  Ok. 

You just spent 3 paragraphs fantasizing about how Lebron would get clotheslined so bad in the 80s that he would just hang out at the 3 point line, and how Jordan would rip his heart out and eat it or something weird and I’m the big zero who doesn’t act this way. :thumbup:  Ok. 
You literally lack the capability to have a discussion, don’t you?

Being a smarmy Richard isn’t a reply. 

You literally lack the capability to have a discussion, don’t you?

Being a smarmy Richard isn’t a reply. 
I have conversations on here all the time man. There’s really not much conversation to be had about who would dominate the 80s - Lebron James or a bunch of guys who would never ever ever make an NBA roster in 2021. 

• Thanks
Reactions: SWC
I have conversations on here all the time man. There’s really not much conversation to be had about who would dominate the 80s - Lebron James or a bunch of guys who would never ever ever make an NBA roster in 2021. 
You quote me, crap all over what I say and laugh but you dont have anything to say on the topic?

Not very cool Cappy. 

1. There are almost no flops in that awesome sweet gotcha video

2. You can make a "flopper" video for just about any player.
1) He flops in every single clip. We can debate if you boy Lebron would be able to overcome what some people call “toxic masculinity”.

2) No, you can’t. Also, I thought he didn’t flop?

i mean if you are going to have a scorching hawt take, at least make it interesting please.  I mean Dame Lilliard is a regression to the mean away from just being average in clutch situations.  Dude's just lucky right now.  

He’s won 4 titles and made 10 finals. How is he not mentally tough? Guy is playing 35 minutes plus a game at age 36 or whatever he is. 
I only stated that if he played in another era- a much more physical era, he would not ever have become the player he has. 

I would also argue that he never has nor will he ever reach his true potential. The All-Star game when Lebrron refused to go at Kobe 1v1 twice in a row while Kobe look at lebron sideways for not wanting to compete is a microcosm of what I’m talking about. That moment right there showed me that Lebron not only didn’t know how good he was capable of being, but he didn’t believe it. The hiding out at the three line and things also contribute to my stance. 

I admit I never thought much of Lebron prior to his win with Cleveland. Some will argue that Kyree won that title but I won’t. Kyree sealed the deal but that was the first time I ever saw Lebron take over. He believed and knew that he could take over the game and the series and he FINALLY did it. Unfortunately for him it might have been too late. 

So while I still have my issues with Lebron, such as he has ZERO moves and is at heart a facilitator and thereby could never be the best player ever - He is the 3rd most physically dominate player to ever play, behind only Wilt and Shaq. He’s a mix of Magic and Malone with better ups and a 3 pointer. 

Now if you want to argue against me by saying that he’s the best ever because dispite what SteadyMobbin’s and all the other haters (<-people who disagree with your OPINION), say about Lebrons lack of mental toughness he’s still managed to be the best player of this era - you can. 

I don’t hate the guy. In the entire history of the NBA I would only take 10-12 players ahead of him. That isn’t hate, it’s just a more measured opinion. 

Users who are viewing this thread