Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

2020-21 NBA Thread: LaMarcus Aldridge retires rather than forced to rebound dozens of missed Ben Simmons shots in East playoff series


Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

Jordan 

Lebron

Russell

Wilt

Magic

Kobe

Kareem

Bird

Duncan

Shaq


Is this list in order of how you rank them? If so, I disagree with Lebron being ranked that high but that’s a good list. 

I’m surprised (but like that) you have Bird and Kobe ranked so high. I think both are underrated. I think Kobe was one of only a handful of players who ever maxed out their capabilities. The only thing he could have done better was get along with Shaq. Bird with a lifetime behind the three point line sure would be interesting. 

Edited by STEADYMOBBIN 22
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pretty sure I had an easier time quitting heroin than you are having with this.

Voted in both and logged onto 2 aliases accounts to vote against Modogg and Frosty a couple extra times.

Yes. He's the commissioner now. 

9 minutes ago, Navin Johnson said:

The posthumous Kobe love is mind boggling.  Like nails on a chalkboard

Best player of his era which includes something like 10 years of Lebrons career.  

Edited by STEADYMOBBIN 22
  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Frostillicus said:

I watched the first three clips again. Zero flops.  He falls down. Everyone falls down.

I respectfully disagree and think your opinion is immeasurably more contrarian than my position that Lebron isn’t a top 10 player all-time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

I respectfully disagree and think your opinion is immeasurably more contrarian than my position that Lebron isn’t a top 10 player all-time. 

Fair enough. We could just define "flop" differently.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

 

I don’t hate the guy. In the entire history of the NBA I would only take 10-12 players ahead of him. That isn’t hate, it’s just a more measured opinion. 
 

 

Sorry, but it’s just hate. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gr00vus said:

So now this thread is worse than the Lowe podcast. Hi fives all around, great work everyone.

Why is the thread ruined? I mean besides everybody coming in just chiming in with one-liners and sarcasm? Besides that, why is the thread ruined?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Zigg said:

Sorry, but it’s just hate. 

I got to admit. You make it hard to argue. I guess I will though. Let me try.

 

I don’t hate LeBron James. In the entire history of the NBA I think it’s arguable that there were 10-12 players better than him. 

If I’m a hater? What are you? Are you a blind lover?

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Sammy3469 said:

i mean if you are going to have a scorching hawt take, at least make it interesting please.  I mean Dame Lilliard is a regression to the mean away from just being average in clutch situations.  Dude's just lucky right now.  

Been asking management for years to trade him for some cap space.  Maybe get Omar Asik in return too. WHO SAYS NO TO THAT?

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

I got to admit. You make it hard to argue. I guess I will though. Let me try.

 

I don’t hate LeBron James. In the entire history of the NBA I think it’s arguable that there were 10-12 players better than him. 

If I’m a hater? What are you? Are you a blind lover?

No, it's not arguable.  There are not 10-12 players better than LeBron.  I admire the Skip Bayless schtick attempt, but he's getting paid to say silly things.  You're not.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

Why is the thread ruined? I mean besides everybody coming in just chiming in with one-liners and sarcasm? Besides that, why is the thread ruined?

I just don't get the impulse to crap on some of the best to ever play the game or try to make comparisons between completely different eras. What's fun about that?

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

Right. I think a flop is when a player pretends to get hit and/or exaggerates the impact of being touched.

How do you define it?

You seriously call those three first plays "flops"?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Capella changed the title to 2020-21 NBA Thread: Lebron teleports to 1985 to dunk on present day Arby’s manager
4 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Been asking management for years to trade him for some cap space.  Maybe get Omar Asik in return too. WHO SAYS NO TO THAT?

I mean I'm pretty sure Enes has a monopoly on all the Portland area schwarma.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, General Malaise said:

My god, does Portland fan love them some Enes Kanter.  This city is so weird.  

I mean who doesn't love Enes.  Dude is a rock and never flops.  Granted he's never in position to make a play defensively....

  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sammy3469 said:

I mean who doesn't love Enes.  Dude is a rock and never flops.  Granted he's never in position to make a play defensively....

Look, if you want Enes to get you 12 points, he'll get you 12 points. If you want Enes to get you 6 defensive rebounds, he'll get you 12 points.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:


Is this list in order of how you rank them? If so, I disagree with Lebron being ranked that high but that’s a good list. 

I’m surprised (but like that) you have Bird and Kobe ranked so high. I think both are underrated. I think Kobe was one of only a handful of players who ever maxed out their capabilities. The only thing he could have done better was get along with Shaq. Bird with a lifetime behind the three point line sure would be interesting. 

I was one of the biggest anti-kobe people on this board forever.  I really regret not appreciating him more while he played.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

I was one of the biggest anti-kobe people on this board forever.  I really regret not appreciating him more while he played.  

I was an anti-Kobe person on this board and I feel like I appreciated him the appropriate amount. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, EYLive said:

Remind me not to come back into this thread. It's gotten so gross.

It really is. I mean it’s a bunch of people who only think one way and if you don’t think like they do, you’re just wrong.....cause man. Just cause. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, thecatch said:
1 hour ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

I was one of the biggest anti-kobe people on this board forever.  I really regret not appreciating him more while he played.  

I was an anti-Kobe person on this board and I feel like I appreciated him the appropriate amount. 

Late career Kobe became a very inefficient player so he was an easy target.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

Best player of his era which includes something like 10 years of Lebrons career.  

Did you forget that he played at the same time as Tim Duncan?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, thecatch said:

Kobe’s highest TS% would rank as Lebron’s 12th best year. 

 

2 hours ago, Capella said:

lol

 

2 hours ago, Navin Johnson said:

Yeah, but that's only because LeBron is a better at three pointers and getting to the rim

To be fair - the all time leader of TS% is Jordan. DeAndre Jordan. Followed by Cedric Maxwell and Tyson Chandler.

Edited by STEADYMOBBIN 22
Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad Julius Randle made the East all-star squad. Some silly suggestions on the roster though, how the hell did they leave Booker off?

Silliests picks have to be Zion and Tatum. Not sure how Sabonis, Harris or even Middleton didn't get a spot over Tatum. And Zion, that's just silly

ETA: No Butler or Bam should light a fire for the Heat too. I know they have had a rough start, but that was mostly Covid. 

Edited by modogg
Link to post
Share on other sites

Funny this conversation of all time NBA greats came up. I am planning on giving a reboot on an old all-time nba TimDraft we did back in the day.  I’ll get a thread started tomorrow with the details (stupid dickmitten work dependent of course). 
 

We can hopefully move all this incredible discourse over there and relive the awesome Kobe vs LeBron thread magic. AND IT ISN’T EVEN CLOSE!!!

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Yo Mama said:

Funny this conversation of all time NBA greats came up. I am planning on giving a reboot on an old all-time nba TimDraft we did back in the day.  I’ll get a thread started tomorrow with the details (stupid dickmitten work dependent of course). 
 

We can hopefully move all this incredible discourse over there and relive the awesome Kobe vs LeBron thread magic. AND IT ISN’T EVEN CLOSE!!!

The old draft is way better than this new draft.  Hands down.

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, modogg said:

honestly, i think there is some PED use. He has played for 18 years, and the wear and tear on his body would seem to suggest that he has to have some addl. help. Like his hairline, i think he has to be taking something. Maybe he is on that Tom Brady TB11 that seems to beat the drug tests and have Brady looking as good as he is at this point

That isn't taking away from the fact that he probably does do a good job of caring for his body with good nutrition, etc. But to play for 18 years as many minutes as he has without taking a lot of time off for injuries is not the norm for most. I know that the NBA wants to promote LeBron and suggest he is a "superman", but it would be better if they embraced the science behind it and discussed the pro's and con's. 

 

His body maintenance plan

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Deamon said:

I guess since Ben made the All-Star team and is no longer "a terrible player" , the hate convo has moved to LeBron.  I'm fine with that. 

I’m shocked Simmons made it over Middleton. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Yo Mama said:

I’m shocked Simmons made it over Middleton. 

Interesting. 

Ben: 15.7P, 8.3R, 7.9A, 1.7S, 0.8B, 57FG%, 67FT%

Mid: 20.5P, 6.0R, 5.7A, 1.1S, 0.2B, 50FG%, 89FT%

Ben has him in 5 of 7 statistical categories and is easily the better defender.  

Yet you're "shocked" ? Ok. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Deamon said:

Interesting. 

Ben: 15.7P, 8.3R, 7.9A, 1.7S, 0.8B, 57FG%, 67FT%

Mid: 20.5P, 6.0R, 5.7A, 1.1S, 0.2B, 50FG%, 89FT%

Ben has him in 5 of 7 statistical categories and is easily the better defender.  

Yet you're "shocked" ? Ok. 

I notice you left out 3P% for some reason.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Laughing 5
  • Thinking 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Deamon said:

Interesting. 

Ben: 15.7P, 8.3R, 7.9A, 1.7S, 0.8B, 57FG%, 67FT%

Mid: 20.5P, 6.0R, 5.7A, 1.1S, 0.2B, 50FG%, 89FT%

Ben has him in 5 of 7 statistical categories and is easily the better defender.  

Yet you're "shocked" ? Ok. 

I guess it’s no surprise you left out 3pt FG% (17% vs 43%), TO (3.3 vs 2.7), WS (3.2 vs 3.7), etc. 

 

The difference between Middleton and Simmons is far greater in scoring and shooting than in defense. Middleton is an excellent defender. 

  • Like 2
  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Capella changed the title to 2020-21 NBA Thread: LaMarcus Aldridge retires rather than forced to rebound dozens of missed Ben Simmons shots in East playoff series

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...