What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos (6 Viewers)

I guess it’s no surprise you left out 3pt FG% (17% vs 43%), TO (3.3 vs 2.7), WS (3.2 vs 3.7), etc. 

The difference between Middleton and Simmons is far greater in scoring and shooting than in defense. Middleton is an excellent defender. 
Again, 3P% is included in FG%, are you new to basketball?

I guess it’s no surprise you left out 3pt FG% (17% vs 43%), TO (3.3 vs 2.7), WS (3.2 vs 3.7), etc. 

The difference between Middleton and Simmons is far greater in scoring and shooting than in defense. Middleton is an excellent defender. 
You also say "etc" without listing..what else is he better at?  If Middleton is an excellent defender, than Simmons is an elite defender.

And you mention far better in scoring and shooting, yet ignore assists and rebounds which ben is superior in.  If you showed any unbiased person their two stat lines, Simmons would be superior.  AND he's a better defender, AND he's on a better team.

That’s just silly. And I’m new to basketball?

How about true shooting % or eFG, which factors in the fact that 3 pointers, you know, count more than two pointers. Middleton is higher in both. 
How is that silly?  You want to count 3's missed and made in BOTH FG% and in 3P%?

But sure, I agree, eFG% is probably best for that.  In that category, 58.3 to 57.4 for middleton.  He gets a very small win there.

You also say "etc" without listing..what else is he better at?  If Middleton is an excellent defender, than Simmons is an elite defender.

And you mention far better in scoring and shooting, yet ignore assists and rebounds which ben is superior in.  If you showed any unbiased person their two stat lines, Simmons would be superior.  AND he's a better defender, AND he's on a better team.
Sorry Ben’s burner, I figured it was best to not get into advanced stats any further (which was a good choice since 3pt Fg is part of Fg). 

Better does not equal superior. A couple rebounds and a couple assists is much closer than 26% difference in 3pt Fg and a 23% difference in ft%. 

Simmons is a great player, Middleton is the better all around player this season. Sorry to put you on the defensive. 

But sure, let's get into all your "etc etc"

Assists:  Simmons
Rebounds:  Simmons
Steals:  Simmons
Blocks:  Simmons
Turnovers:  Middleton
eFG %: Middleton
FT%:  Middleton
OWS: Middleton
DWS:  Simmons
BPM:  Simmons
VORP:  Simmons

Plus he's a better defender and on a better team.

Sorry Ben’s burner, I figured it was best to not get into advanced stats any further (which was a good choice since 3pt Fg is part of Fg). 

Better does not equal superior. A couple rebounds and a couple assists is much closer than 26% difference in 3pt Fg and a 23% difference in ft%. 

Simmons is a great player, Middleton is the better all around player this season. Sorry to put you on the defensive. 

Again, showing advanced stats above, Simmons has the edge.  A couple Rebounds and a couple Assists per game is absolutely a big deal.  Take away Ben's buzzer beater 3's and his % is just as good as Middletons.  Comparing 3P% when it's not part of Ben's game is silly.  I used your eFG% and they're almost the same (30th and 37th in the NBA), where as Ben's defensive advanced stats are far superior to Middletons.  I know you get your jollies hating on Ben, but to say that Middleton's stats are "WAY" better than Ben's, to a point where it trumps team record and defensive ability, so much to the point you're "shocked" is just wild.

Again, showing advanced stats above, Simmons has the edge.  A couple Rebounds and a couple Assists per game is absolutely a big deal.  Take away Ben's buzzer beater 3's and his % is just as good as Middletons.  Comparing 3P% when it's not part of Ben's game is silly.  I used your eFG% and they're almost the same (30th and 37th in the NBA), where as Ben's defensive advanced stats are far superior to Middletons.  I know you get your jollies hating on Ben, but to say that Middleton's stats are "WAY" better than Ben's, to a point where it trumps team record and defensive ability, so much to the point you're "shocked" is just wild.
Link?

Again, sorry to offend. 

Link?

Again, sorry to offend. 
Link to what?  You suggested that a couple more ppg, a better ft%, and a TINY bit better efg%, is superior than a few more apg, rpg, bpg, spg, on a better team, with better defensive skills.  So much superior that you're 'shocked'. 

They are not as close defensively as you're suggesting.  In Defensive Box Score +/- (actually a really good judge of defensive impact on a game), Simmons is #2 in the NBA (only guard in the top 10), and Middleton is 92nd in the NBA. 

Value over Replacement Player might be the best judge of how good a player is in the league.  20 of the top 22 players in this category made the ASG.  In this category, Simmons is 21, Middleton is 24.  In fact, not a SINGLE EAST ALL STAR finished outside the top 22 on this list... Middleton would have been the only one if he made it. 

To say you're 'shocked" that the 21st beat out the 24th for a spot in the ASG is quite the exaggeration.

Now I’m going to start an argument with you about how no team under .500 should ever get two all stars. 
the Mavs game gave a perfect argument for those who think Stevens has lost it. when Boban was having his Linsanity-lite moment with the Sixers, the Celts came into town and rubbed the big fella off onto Kyrie, who'd promptly spin him into the ground, every time down the floor til Brown hadda take him out. tonite, he was allowed to clog the lane with impunity. wassupwiddat?!

the Mavs game gave a perfect argument for those who think Stevens has lost it. when Boban was having his Linsanity-lite moment with the Sixers, the Celts came into town and rubbed the big fella off onto Kyrie, who'd promptly spin him into the ground, every time down the floor til Brown hadda take him out. tonite, he was allowed to clog the lane with impunity. wassupwiddat?!
in the 80s they would have clothesline murdered him with about two minutes gone in the second quarter take that to the bank brohan  

this thread can descend into madness so quickly. similar to most NBA forums and conversations online, why do these occur? is it the individualistic aspect of the NBA, or something else? just saying i check football one's and hockey one's, and they really don't seem to get so nutty. 

this thread can descend into madness so quickly. similar to most NBA forums and conversations online, why do these occur? is it the individualistic aspect of the NBA, or something else? just saying i check football one's and hockey one's, and they really don't seem to get so nutty. 
Basketball is almost as SERIOUS BUSINESS(tm) as beisbol

Interesting. 

Ben: 15.7P, 8.3R, 7.9A, 1.7S, 0.8B, 57FG%, 67FT%

Mid: 20.5P, 6.0R, 5.7A, 1.1S, 0.2B, 50FG%, 89FT%

Ben has him in 5 of 7 statistical categories and is easily the better defender.  

Yet you're "shocked" ? Ok. 
I'm shocked anyone uses points, rebounds, assists, blocks and steals per game as primary metrics in the year 2021.

does Ben Simmons even get to sit on the bench in the last few minutes of games or do the Sixers want him in the locker room in case his allergy to offense leaks out on to the court?

Only solution seems to be to ban Sixers fans :)  

this thread gets ridiculous when people proclaim that lebron james who has won multiple titles and has basically carried teams to the finals for every year for about a decade would stink and spend most nights hiding in a corner if bill lambier was still playing i mean i dont even know how to describe that type of hot takery its just like the surface of the sun take that to the bank brohans 

is it april 1st or something what in name of tarnashun is going on in here take that to the bank brochachos 

Pretty sure they'll be having this argument in 2079 about how Biff Jackson and his cybernetic implants would have destroyed George Mikan at hoops.

does Ben Simmons even get to sit on the bench in the last few minutes of games or do the Sixers want him in the locker room in case his allergy to offense leaks out on to the court?

Only solution seems to be to ban Sixers fans :)  
Or ban those who are allergic to giving a 3 time All-Star any credit at all. Even when he succeeds or has good stats, it's either "ignore the sixers fan" or "gang up on the sixers fan" 

I get that modogg's anti-celtics shtick can get a little overdone, but most of us are just happy we are finally decent. 

can you even imagine connie hawkins bringing the ball up in todays nba if you cant turn on a sixers game except imagine that when ben simmons flops and goes to the line he makes the free throws take that to the bank brochachos 

can you even imagine connie hawkins bringing the ball up in todays nba if you cant turn on a sixers game except imagine that when ben simmons flops and goes to the line he makes the free throws take that to the bank brochachos 
Flopping and only hitting 70% from the line... thought we were done talking LeBron 😂

Glad Julius Randle made the East all-star squad. Some silly suggestions on the roster though, how the hell did they leave Booker off?

Silliests picks have to be Zion and Tatum. Not sure how Sabonis, Harris or even Middleton didn't get a spot over Tatum. And Zion, that's just silly

ETA: No Butler or Bam should light a fire for the Heat too. I know they have had a rough start, but that was mostly Covid. 
Obvious Pels homer here, but can you explain why it's so silly? I'm intrigued at why you think it's the silliest pick. Have you looked at Zion's numbers this season? And who he's put them up against? 

Flopping and only hitting 70% from the line... thought we were done talking LeBron 😂
ben simmons is a career 604 free throw shooter and that is an improvement from his rookie year of 560 so i guess i give him credit for working on it but he is still no connie hawkins take that to the bank bromigos 

ben simmons is a career 604 free throw shooter and that is an improvement from his rookie year of 560 so i guess i give him credit for working on it but he is still no connie hawkins take that to the bank bromigos 
Yes him and LeBron both are not good from the line. Simmons slightly worse. 

Users who are viewing this thread