What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos (9 Viewers)

Ever heard of Front Office Sports?  They are claiming there is a verbal agreement on Harden to the Nets.  I wouldn't even post this but Realgm and Hoopshype are picking it up for their wires.

Ever heard of Front Office Sports?  They are claiming there is a verbal agreement on Harden to the Nets.  I wouldn't even post this but Realgm and Hoopshype are picking it up for their wires.
is Kyrie's deal no-trade? be suhWEET if KD turned tail on him. i just cant imagine he come to the Borough to watch two guys fight over the ball....

Unbelievable if the Nets somehow winning the "Harden sweepstakes" over the Sixers.

Then again, when you have someone as clueless as Elton Brand high up in management, it isn't surprising.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the no way do I see this happening category, BOS said to be making a late push for Harden. They are trying to move Hayward and Walker for younger assets and picks to flip for Harden. 

LINK

This is just so Ainge can say he got super close to trading for another superstar. This close. 
Well, the Hawks, Knicks, and Pacers are all said to have interest in Hayward. Trader Danny will probably move him for more draft picks that the C’s seem to always have a boatload of . . . for a fireworks trade that never seems to happen.

Celtics chatter and some Wall/Russ swap rumors to get us closer to the draft.

Still processing the Bucks moves and salty that it probably means Hield stays in Sac and not making his way to Philly. 

I don't get this Hayward stuff.  If Hayward wanted to go to Atlanta, for instance, he can just decline his option and sign with them.  Atlanta has space.  Why give up picks and stuff? 
The chatter is while Atlanta is one of the few teams that can offer him real money as a free agent he may not want to go there (and also not sure Atlanta wants to give him big money either)...to go to a place he wants to go and be eligible for a legit deal it needs to be done via sign and trade.

I don't get this Hayward stuff.  If Hayward wanted to go to Atlanta, for instance, he can just decline his option and sign with them.  Atlanta has space.  Why give up picks and stuff? 
$34 million reasons :cry:  

ATL would be absolutely foolish to give him ANYWHERE CLOSE to that.  Nice bounceback season but also showed before that to be one of the worst starters in the league when not fully healthy. And he's entering his 30s. Not gonna sit here shocked if he scores a lucrative long term deal but if were me, he'd be struggling to pass that $34 mil over 2 seasons with me.

I think both ATL and BOS are motivated to see what can get done here. Why the deadline was extended for him. Celtics weak spot right now is in the middle where BAM just murdered them in the ECF. ATL for some reason decided to allocate $30 mil/yr to Capela and Dedmon around the trade deadline last year. Which makes little sense with John Collins on roster fully capable of playing a lot of 5.

ATL's doing a helluva job building here. I don't see the great need for them to have all of Huerter/Reddish/Hunter.....then committing long term to Hayward. I think there's pieces here to make a deal happen that'll give ATL want it seems to desire (Hayward) and help Boston's weak spot that was exposed vs. Miami. (Having Theis/Time Lord isn't the worst thing in the world but Stevens doesn't appear to have a lot of faith in Time Lord given minimal minutes in ECF. They were fine up til the Miami series)

I like what I saw from Reddish and Hunter in Year 1. Collins and Young are gonna come due soon. Distributing so much to Capela/Dedmon was rather bizarre but not gonna kill them as believe Dedmon is only has $1 mil guaranteed next year. Huerter's a decent 2ndary distributor. I think he'd be on way out in Hayward's acquired. Reddish has a lot of potential (I think his Duke days got people down on him but he showed quite well year 1 IMO. Needs to shoot better but he's got solid potential as a 2 way guy,

Hell, I think that'd be a HUGE win for them in Free Agency given their current situation. 

Sixers are an FN mess. There's no way getting around it. They've got 2 Centers and 2 PF in an increasingly guard driven shooters league taking up their entire cap.

Moving off Simmons is an absolute no brainer to fix the disaster. Then again we're talking Elton Brand who ACTUALLY thought this roster construction would work. Simmons is going to bring the greatest return by far and won't hamstring others on team with his complete inability to shoot. Houston seem(ed) like ideal fit (where he'd be surrounded by shooters) but I'm wondering their direction with that Covington deal. Possible they're just looking to get back some draft capital in dealing Covington and essentially also getting a 1st to take on Ariza's deal.
well, we are talking more of Daryl Morrey then just Elton Brand. I don't think the Sixer will make any blunders like they did the last 3 years. Sure some hit and misses maybe, but i am hopefuly the days of watching the ship sink are done (at least for next 5 years)

lol if the Sixers got off Horford there should be a parade in the streets. 
it is funny when it happened i know Sixers fans weren't ecstatic, but there was talk that the team could be a top 5 defense of all time. Man, what a huge miss.

Good news is there is a rumor of Horford going to Charlotte. Kings losing BB can open the door for Toby or Al heading there too

it is funny when it happened i know Sixers fans weren't ecstatic, but there was talk that the team could be a top 5 defense of all time. Man, what a huge miss.

Good news is there is a rumor of Horford going to Charlotte. Kings losing BB can open the door for Toby or Al heading there too
Yea, it didn’t sit well with me at first but then I talked myself into the long defensive team etc. Tragic that they got no shooters, that Zhaire Smith never got out of the G-league, and that the top-6 rotation guys (simmons-richardson-harris-horford-embiid-shake) were barely healthy at the same time. 

Still processing the Bucks moves and salty that it probably means Hield stays in Sac and not making his way to Philly. 
I'm thrilled with the Bucks' moves, but I really wanted Hield.  Unfortunately, what Giannis wants (Bogdan) trumps what I want... :kicksrock:

:lmao:

I'm thrilled with the Bucks' moves, but I really wanted Hield.  Unfortunately, what Giannis wants (Bogdan) trumps what I want... :kicksrock:
You got the better player. 

Marks should win GM of the year if he's able to get Harden for a package around Caris Levert. Levert-Dinwiddie-Prince-Allen-Claxton-whatever picks they would throw in. Really? REALLY? REALLY? We just saw what JRUE FN HOLIDAY (no offense to him....) got in return.

Unless this turns out to be a deal to include other teams, I can't see how this happens. 

Levert's problem he's only going to be a huge asset as the primary option. Primary option as starter = team AT BEST a .500 team. More likely, 20-30 win team out West. Other option, and is likely role IMO on a good team, is 6th man. I actually think Levert will be dealt whether it Nets Harden or not. If not, his best role on Nets IMO will be 6th man/guy off bench. He's simply not a catch-and-shoot guy that'll play well off Durant/Irving. Harris is actually a much bigger asset for the Nets (if they find way to retain him).

So many other teams that can offer much much more enticing packages. Don't believe for a second that the Rockets new GM is gonna start his tenure trading for CARIS LEVERT (again, no offense) for his franchise player.

so if Harden goes to the nets, how much of the salary cap will KD, Kyrie and Harden take up? 

Stopped being lazy, and it looks like Kyrie and KD already hold 50% of the 2020 cap. Adding Harden, and there is a good chance 80% of the 2020 cap is with those 3. cross fingers for no injuries to those guys i guess

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/brooklyn-nets/cap/

Unbelievable if the Nets somehow winning the "Harden sweepstakes" over the Sixers.

Then again, when you have someone as clueless as Elton Brand high up in management, it isn't surprising.
if in some alternate universe i were a high level NBA basketball player looking at the league landscape and one of the options were playing with Simmons and Embiid.... or Durant and Irving, i'm going Nets 100/100.

not sure it has anything to do with Brand.

we've seen what Philadelphia is with that combo. why jump in that mix? 

if in some alternate universe i were a high level NBA basketball player looking at the league landscape and one of the options were playing with Simmons and Embiid.... or Durant and Irving, i'm going Nets 100/100.

not sure it has anything to do with Brand.

we've seen what Philadelphia is with that combo. why jump in that mix? 
because both were injured this year, and the year before they were 4 bounces on 1 lucky shot from making the finals. i also assume the personalities will be interesting in Brooklyn, who will be the "go to" guy when they need a basket?

I thought KD went to the Nets because he wanted it to be “his team”?  Bringing in Harden doesn’t help his legacy.   But he might not care and they would be fun to watch on the court and off ....

76ers, Heat, Bulls, Magic...

There's 4 teams that can center better packages IMO.

CARIS LEVERT!!!!!! Are we being serious here? You don't rebuild around Caris Levert. The new Rockets GM tenure will be a very very short one if he does that deal. And you're not getting high picks anytime soon from a team of Harden-KD-Irving. They don't have anyone's future first outside Philly's 19th pick I believe this draft

76ers, Heat, Bulls, Magic...

There's 4 teams that can center better packages IMO.

CARIS LEVERT!!!!!! Are we being serious here? You don't rebuild around Caris Levert. The new Rockets GM tenure will be a very very short one if he does that deal. And you're not getting high picks anytime soon from a team of Harden-KD-Irving. They don't have anyone's future first outside Philly's 19th pick I believe this draft
kind of agree here that Levert is being compared to the worth of Simmons or something. it is strange how everybody talk about Ben going to Houston for Harden, but you never hear a comparable player like Kyrie being suggested. 

Also sounds like there is a good possibility that Fertitta would do what he can to spite Morey and the SIxers. Have to love when an owner's ego can get in the way of running an organization, even if it will cost him/her money 

All these rumors now that the Bulls will take Patrick Williams at 4. 
Just trade all the way to 10 and get Saddiq Bey from Villanova. He's a win with size and match up nightmare who can shoot from beyond the arc. Really not a lot of guys in this draft that are a MUST. I wouldn't even say the top 4 are MUST haves and would rather have some sucker team trade some value to me to move back in this draft 

Brand should've been gone when Brown was let go. The roster is just a complete mess. Not sure how they'll trade anyone on high deals. Like it's been said Ben seems like the only traceable piece because If I'm running that team I'm not giving up Embiid unless someone is giving me an Offer there's no reason I could refuse. 

Marks should win GM of the year if he's able to get Harden for a package around Caris Levert. Levert-Dinwiddie-Prince-Allen-Claxton-whatever picks they would throw in. Really? REALLY? REALLY? We just saw what JRUE FN HOLIDAY (no offense to him....) got in return.

Unless this turns out to be a deal to include other teams, I can't see how this happens. 

Levert's problem he's only going to be a huge asset as the primary option. Primary option as starter = team AT BEST a .500 team. More likely, 20-30 win team out West. Other option, and is likely role IMO on a good team, is 6th man. I actually think Levert will be dealt whether it Nets Harden or not. If not, his best role on Nets IMO will be 6th man/guy off bench. He's simply not a catch-and-shoot guy that'll play well off Durant/Irving. Harris is actually a much bigger asset for the Nets (if they find way to retain him).

So many other teams that can offer much much more enticing packages. Don't believe for a second that the Rockets new GM is gonna start his tenure trading for CARIS LEVERT (again, no offense) for his franchise player.
I totally understand and for the most part agree with what you are saying.  With that said--I do think that you are selling short what an asset Levert and how good he is for that contract.  Dude is making an average of 17.5 million a year and is not a free agent until 2023.  While the dude is probably not a franchise player--if given opportunity--he could be a stud.  Look at what Brandon Ingram turned into when given opportunity. Do I think Levert is anything close to Harden--no--but at this moment--I'd easily say that Levert and his contract are worth far more than Kyrie Irving and his contract.  I think given major opportunity--Levert could easily be a fringey all star caliber player (not superstar level--but I'd put him at that middleton, McCollum, d'aron fox,derozan,  ingram ) tier.  

Just trade all the way to 10 and get Saddiq Bey from Villanova. He's a win with size and match up nightmare who can shoot from beyond the arc. Really not a lot of guys in this draft that are a MUST. I wouldn't even say the top 4 are MUST haves and would rather have some sucker team trade some value to me to move back in this draft 
Karnisovas has said he wants a high upside pick.  Williams makes sense.  I have no idea if Williams will put it all together but I understand the reasoning.   I think I'd pick Okongwu though.  

It is pretty crazy that Philly is refusing to include Simmons if the Rockets are willing to trade Harden for a package around him.  They are too focused on potential and not the guy who has led the league in scoring and been an MVP, who is still in his prime and would be a perfect fit with Embiid and Harris (who could be worth his contract -- almost -- with the right fit and coach).

You have to think Simmons is the best player potentially available to Houston -- so maybe Morey is trying to squeeze them?  

It is pretty crazy that Philly is refusing to include Simmons if the Rockets are willing to trade Harden for a package around him.  They are too focused on potential and not the guy who has led the league in scoring and been an MVP, who is still in his prime and would be a perfect fit with Embiid and Harris (who could be worth his contract -- almost -- with the right fit and coach).

You have to think Simmons is the best player potentially available to Houston -- so maybe Morey is trying to squeeze them?  
Yes I don’t understand the mindset of give us your top-5 player but we will not part with our top-20 player in return. Harden is so much better than Simmons it’s silly. Philly should make that deal yesterday. And Houston won’t get a better offer either, obviously. 

Yes I don’t understand the mindset of give us your top-5 player but we will not part with our top-20 player in return. Harden is so much better than Simmons it’s silly. Philly should make that deal yesterday. And Houston won’t get a better offer either, obviously. 
I mean, I am wearing this shirt today regardless, but still.

so here are my thoughts first on holiday trade he is a better defender than bledsoe and bledsoe himself is a good defender plus holiday is a better three point shooter than bledsoe and really good from the corners he is also bigger and moves really well off of the ball so i like that losing hill in the trade hurts because he was a good veteran leader but he is also long in the tooth and was not impressive in terms of leadership or play in the bubble in my opinion i felt like both bledsoe and hill did a poor job of defending and closing out on the three in the bubble and it really hurt the team especially against the heat obviously the picks are tough but frankly they will probably be late mid to late first round and the bucks havent really done a great job of finding superstars that deep in for a number of years and you need to give up whatever you need to give up to keep a guy like anteater around so i can live with it take that to the bank brohans

next on brohanovic  first off with a name like brohanovic you already know i think it was totally worth it i am sad to lose donte and a little bit ersan but wilson i have always viewed as a guy who had potential and never blossomed for the bangos maybe in sacramento with no one watching or caring about his team he will be great and maybe the bright lights of sacramanto will do his soul good i mean hey who doesnt love good old sacramento anyhow brohanovic is a great shooter that no one knows about because its just too hard to watch sacramento for most people and realize how good it is there and how crappy the rest of our lives are since we are not in sacramento anyhow brohanovic is a clutch shooter look it up and between him middleton and jrue you have three guys that you have to guard because they can shoot and that forces defenses to either guard them or guard giannis but you cant do both since you cannot have ten players on your team on the court at once that is a rule of basketball you only get five anyhow i like this move too and i hope that dj wilson becomes a dj and is the biggest thing ever to hit the already amazing sacramento take that to the bank brochachos

next on brohanovic  first off with a name like brohanovic you already know i think it was totally worth it i am sad to lose donte and a little bit ersan but wilson i have always viewed as a guy who had potential and never blossomed for the bangos maybe in sacramento with no one watching or caring about his team he will be great and maybe the bright lights of sacramanto will do his soul good i mean hey who doesnt love good old sacramento anyhow brohanovic is a great shooter that no one knows about because its just too hard to watch sacramento for most people and realize how good it is there and how crappy the rest of our lives are since we are not in sacramento anyhow brohanovic is a clutch shooter look it up and between him middleton and jrue you have three guys that you have to guard because they can shoot and that forces defenses to either guard them or guard giannis but you cant do both since you cannot have ten players on your team on the court at once that is a rule of basketball you only get five anyhow i like this move too and i hope that dj wilson becomes a dj and is the biggest thing ever to hit the already amazing sacramento take that to the bank brochachos
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

• Thanks
Reactions: SWC

One key difference is that the Pels didn't really have to trade Jrue.  I think they could have gone either way and were curious to see if they could get a godfather offer.  They did, so they went with it.  The Rockets seemingly are getting a lot of pressure from Harden and his camp and with Harden turning down the extension, they are losing some leverage.

I will not be unable to unsee Brohanovic.  Thanks for making every Bucks game I watch this year 10% better.

Users who are viewing this thread