What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos (3 Viewers)

I hope Hayward returns to full health . Always seemed like a good guy. 
besides getting with his old coach, Gordo didnt get what he wanted here. the Kyrie trade trumped his chance to be conquering hero (and Great White Hope?) here. then the injury, Irving flat-earthing his recovery process and the general grief of the same discord that chased Horford out of town, now Ainge's need to make every trade a hoodwink kept him from routing home. damn shame all around...

Woj is getting lazy with his tweets and trying to be the first to get the info out. Pretty sure when we see the details of the contract it won't be just a straight $30 million/year for 4 years
Seems like contracts have always been reported like this, in every sport. Agents give the eye-popping topline numbers to reporters first, then all the caveats come later.

As they as they've got Dort it's all gravy. Sad to see Adams go, he's such a character. Will be interesting to see if/how he plays with Zion. 
was wondering where you were thru all this Bowling for Picks...

Zion's gonna have to do some switching now - he's not gonna like that.

was wondering where you were thru all this Bowling for Picks...

Zion's gonna have to do some switching now - he's not gonna like that.
I really think the fact that fans in the seats are unlikely this year makes a hard tank much more palatable to the organization. They can't afford empty seats due to a bad team, but this year...who cares. I'm all for it. Let's get a top 3 pick next year. 

I think Oubre is really good and was kinda hoping they'd keep him, but they when you look at his age and how he lines up with SGA (22), Dort (21), and Bazley (20, and they love him) he's kinda too old, which sounds silly to say about a 24 year-old. Plus I think he just has the one year left anyhow. 

It'll be a slow-burn following the team the next few years, but those Rockets picks are starting to look more and more juicy by the day. 

@wojespn

Gordon Hayward's 4-year, $120M deal with Charlotte is essentially a 1 year $35 million deal with 3 team options, per source.

This is fake news. Congrats again to Charlotte for winning the Hayward sweepstakes!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Oubre is really good and was kinda hoping they'd keep him, but they when you look at his age and how he lines up with SGA (22), Dort (21), and Bazley (20, and they love him) he's kinda too old, which sounds silly to say about a 24 year-old. Plus I think he just has the one year left anyhow. 
This. 

Oubre would have put up big #s in OKC. And would have gotten big money in FA next year.

BUT I do think they could have gotten more than 2 2nds for him during the season. (I mean if you believe GS finishes 21-30 in standings......they'll get a 1st. I don't think there's a chance of that)

I really think the fact that fans in the seats are unlikely this year makes a hard tank much more palatable to the organization. They can't afford empty seats due to a bad team, but this year...who cares. I'm all for it. Let's get a top 3 pick next year. 

It'll be a slow-burn following the team the next few years, but those Rockets picks are starting to look more and more juicy by the day. 
look fwd to SGA & Baze getting a yr to work on their 2-man game and i hear the next 2-3 draft classes are top drawer (and i was the 1st kid on my fantasy block to speculate on Dort), but the last decade as a Celts fan has cured me of being excited by multitudes of pix. GL-

Wow, just thinking of the absolute robbery Celtics' had from the Nets, and when it is all said and done this is their roster:

Keith Smith

@KeithSmithNBA

Celtics current depth chart:

PG - K. Walker, P. Pritchard, T. Waters

SG - M. Smart, R. Langford, C. Edwards

SF - J. Brown, A. Nesmith, J. Green

PF - J. Tatum, G. Williams, S. Ojeleye

C - D. Theis, R. Williams, T. Fall

2 open roster spots. $9.3M MLE, $3.6M BAE.

Maybe the real winner out of all of this is Ainge for convincing the entire Boston market that he is some Master GM when this is the product he puts together after using all of those hoarded resources he acquired

Wow, just thinking of the absolute robbery Celtics' had from the Nets, and when it is all said and done this is their roster:

Keith Smith

@KeithSmithNBA

Celtics current depth chart:

PG - K. Walker, P. Pritchard, T. Waters

SG - M. Smart, R. Langford, C. Edwards

SF - J. Brown, A. Nesmith, J. Green

PF - J. Tatum, G. Williams, S. Ojeleye

C - D. Theis, R. Williams, T. Fall

2 open roster spots. $9.3M MLE, $3.6M BAE.

Maybe the real winner out of all of this is Ainge for convincing the entire Boston market that he is some Master GM when this is the product he puts together after using all of those hoarded resources he acquired
You'd trade Philly's roster for that in a heartbeat...

@KeithSmithNBA

·In a sense, if the Hornets are waiving and stretching Nic Batum, they are spending an average of $39M a year for the next three years for Hayward. Hayward = $30M Batum = $9M in dead money
Gift that keep on giving.

You'd trade Philly's roster for that in a heartbeat...
lol, no way. Why would you want that roster? All the chips are pushed in with the hope that Brown and Tatum keep excelling exponentially every year. Maybe they do, and congrats to them if they significantly improve every single year. If they don't, well then this team is mediocre at best. 

Depth has a lot to be desired too. Brad Stevens certainly has his work cut out for him

lol, no way. Why would you want that roster? All the chips are pushed in with the hope that Brown and Tatum keep excelling exponentially every year. Maybe they do, and congrats to them if they significantly improve every single year. If they don't, well then this team is mediocre at best. 

Depth has a lot to be desired too. Brad Stevens certainly has his work cut out for him
I'm pretty big on Tatum and see him as a future MVP. But mostly I'm just busting your balls. 

Celtics fans will criticize Ainge for not getting something done with Hayward......but in this situation it was out of his hands.

He didn't have the ability to deal Hayward in season (contract) that he did (and should have IMO) with Kyrie. There's no inclinations Indy was going to spend anywhere near what Charlotte did. (And that's disregarding what Knicks/Hawks may have offered)

Hayward had a decent bounce back year (from arguably being the worst starter in the NBA) but it's a massive massive overpay with major injury problems/staying on the court, paying into his mid 30s for a complimentary player at this stage.

-------------------

Not dealing Kyrie was a horrific blunder by Ainge. The Celtics were undeniably a better team WITHOUT Kyrie in 18-19, was a cancer in the lockeroom and he didn't want to be there. Remember commenting in the old thread around the All Star game, how on earth does Ainge not deal Kyrie? It was a no brainer.

I'm pretty big on Tatum and see him as a future MVP. But mostly I'm just busting your balls. 
Maybe, he has certainly done better then most expected. I would take Simmons over Tatum though. Certainly a lot of homerism built into that, but let's see how Ben looks this year with a different coach. 

Maybe, he has certainly done better then most expected. I would take Simmons over Tatum though. Certainly a lot of homerism built into that, but let's see how Ben looks this year with a different coach. 
Would love to see Simmons used properly somewhere. 

Would love to see Simmons used properly somewhere. 
I think Morey will help that to happen. Has made such huge strides already, it is hard to even articulate. Still don't know how he unloaded that Al Horford contract for a '25 1st and one of the 5 2nd rounders Philly had. 

It does look like Morey and Doc have built the team up enough to kind of eliminate excuses for Ben and Joel. No reason they both shouldn't excel this year, so we can maybe get a real assessment of the value of these guys

Definitely homerism - don’t think many would take Simmons over Tatum, not in today’s NBA.

Jeff Green has reportedly agreed to a deal with the Nets.

Green will bring some depth to the forward spots in Brooklyn, but he's well past his days of being a relevant name in fantasy hoops

SOURCE: Shams Charania on Twitter

Jeff Green has reportedly agreed to a deal with the Nets.

Green will bring some depth to the forward spots in Brooklyn, but he's well past his days of being a relevant name in fantasy hoops

SOURCE: Shams Charania on Twitter
Had no idea that guy was still in the league.

This the year he attempts 3s?

Rondo announces won't be returning to Lakers. 

Hawks reportedly frontrunner with Clippers also possibility.

Let's hope for the Clippers. NBA isn't the same without playoff Rondo. Championship Rondo.

This the year he attempts 3s?
has led the league in assists on 3 pointers for 2 or 3 years. He doesn't have to do everything, if he gives you all-NBA defense, and leads the league in assists like that. 

it is funny how people look at Ben and all they can think of is that he doesn't shoot 3's. Guy is pretty exceptional in everything else.

Rondo announces won't be returning to Lakers. 

Hawks reportedly frontrunner with Clippers also possibility.

Let's hope for the Clippers. NBA isn't the same without playoff Rondo. Championship Rondo.
I think Atlanta has a decent shot at making the playoffs in the east this year.  Now championship rondo is a stretch for either hawks or clips. 😄

I think Atlanta has a decent shot at making the playoffs in the east this year.  Now championship rondo is a stretch for either hawks or clips. 😄
dunno if Hawks will sign him now after Dunn, but any Eastern team looking to sneak thru a playoff round knows that Rondo will beat you the Celts single-handed

Field Yates @FieldYates 1h

The last four major contracts Mitch Kupchak has signed in free agency: * Gordon Hayward: four-years, $120M * Terry Rozier: three-years, $56.7M * Timofey Mozgov: four-years, $64M * Luol Deng: four-years, $72M
"See our Hayward/Rozier signings aren't so bad afterall!!!!" 

/Charlotte homers

Is there actually really such a thing as Charlotte Hornet homers? Or everyone there just watch college basketball instead? 

Would actually be a really good signing to play some minutes at the 5. Still a quality low post defender. God knows they need something of resistance to BAM in the East. Had the Celtics signing him before free agency. Obvious caveat he comes at a reasonable price.

Didn't think he should have been getting as many minutes in Denver as he did because 1) They've got Jokic at the 5, 2) He's not as good as either of Grant or Porter (whose best spot is the 4) at this stage, 3) He's a 5 at this stage of his career.

The Celtics have "strong interest" in free agent Paul Millsap, according to The Athletic's Jared Weiss.

Millsap started 48 of the 51 games he played for Denver last year, averaging 11.6 points, 5.7 boards, 1.6 assists and 0.9 steals. One intriguing wrinkle is that he shot 43.5% from deep (2.4 attempts per game), but even if that keeps up he's a dubious fantasy option. Expect him to be a popular target for teams with championship aspirations who want quality veteran depth at a discount.

Celtics fans will criticize Ainge for not getting something done with Hayward......but in this situation it was out of his hands.

He didn't have the ability to deal Hayward in season (contract) that he did (and should have IMO) with Kyrie. There's no inclinations Indy was going to spend anywhere near what Charlotte did. (And that's disregarding what Knicks/Hawks may have offered)

Hayward had a decent bounce back year (from arguably being the worst starter in the NBA) but it's a massive massive overpay with major injury problems/staying on the court, paying into his mid 30s for a complimentary player at this stage.

-------------------

Not dealing Kyrie was a horrific blunder by Ainge. The Celtics were undeniably a better team WITHOUT Kyrie in 18-19, was a cancer in the lockeroom and he didn't want to be there. Remember commenting in the old thread around the All Star game, how on earth does Ainge not deal Kyrie? It was a no brainer.
disagree a little bit. Ainge should have known what Heyward was thinking, and if Heyward was looking to go he should have tried to trade him to get something for him. I think he would be better viewed if they didn't always throw up these smoke and mirrors how they almost get everybody. Real good at deflecting responsibility

Users who are viewing this thread