What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos (5 Viewers)

So far, I’ve been pleasantly surprised  by the Hornets and a little by the Thunder.  The suns and the blazers look like they will be really tough outs for anyone in the playoffs.

the magic still look like the same blah, low ceiling team despite their early record. 

it was cool how the thunder scored 7 points in the fourth quarter just to prove you wrong it’s like the karma taint of poop beard and russ still haunts them take that to the bank bromigo 

is it just Simmons who was beating up Lamelo for not actually being good at any basketball related skills, or is he really not good at actual basketball?

I just realized how horrible radio simulcasts of nba games are right now with no crowd noise, especially if your team’s radio guy sucks. The play by play and color guys are announcing it separately from home (they don’t travel with the teams right now) and there is no game audio. Yuck. 

is it just Simmons who was beating up Lamelo for not actually being good at any basketball related skills, or is he really not good at actual basketball?
What are you saying here?

lamelo has extraordinary vision and can create shots.  Shooting form needs work and his defense needs to improve, though he is showing some defensive awareness.  He is definitely good, but we will see how much he works to realize his potential 

Celtics fans request that all do whatevah they can to advance the nickname "8Mile" for Payton Pritchard, at least until he grows it out a li'l & dyes it blond. i know it's cultural appropriation of the hard-won traditions of the war-torn nation of Detroit, but we will not rest until our play-by-play guy calls "8Mile......TimeLord....TWO!!" for an alleyoop.

Just got done watching game 6 of the 2002 Lakers-Kings series.  My son wanted to watch it with me.  He kept asking “what happened to the refs after this game?   Did they get in trouble?”

One thing I forgot until rewatching it today was how much I hated Rick Fox.

What are you saying here?

lamelo has extraordinary vision and can create shots.  Shooting form needs work and his defense needs to improve, though he is showing some defensive awareness.  He is definitely good, but we will see how much he works to realize his potential 
i'm asking if he's actually as bad as the couple NBA podcasters i've heard recently have said he is

Sixers have had a relatively easy schedule so far, but @wikkidpissah might have been right that Brett Brown was one of the main reason this Sixers team could not get it together. Having a team around Joel and Ben makes a ton of difference too, but the team looks like a top 3 in the East right now. Test will be coming up against the Nets, etc., but they are much more pleasurable to watch this year than last year. 

Erase last year from the Sixers, and they seem like a top notch team for the past 3 years. Would love to hear the conversations that went into thinking Al Horford was worth all that money as an integral part of the team, and would love to hear Darryl Morrey's conversation when he first joined the Sixers and talked about that team

Hornets have perfected Twelveness™ as much in their drafting as their play - choosing the guy (Monk, Miles Bridges) who "coulda gone @ #3 or #5" but who continues to play them to perfect Twelveness™. i hope their lottery luck this year doesnt throw them off...

Well, I'll be darned.  Tatum learned his lesson and took a good shot to win the game today. 

Granted they shouldn't have to hit a game winner vs. Detroit, but it was still a nice sign that the kid is learning.  Also, Jaylen Brown is well on his way to an all-star berth.  If only the team could get some consistency going around those two and get Walker healthy they may have something to work with come playoff time.

Wizards win their first game with Westbrook in the lineup.

Has Kyrie imploded yet? Thrown Nash under the bus? Stopped talking to media? Blamed management for not bringing in all the right pieces? Alienated the entire locker room? Threatened to sit out the season? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hornets have perfected Twelveness™ as much in their drafting as their play - choosing the guy (Monk, Miles Bridges) who "coulda gone @ #3 or #5" but who continues to play them to perfect Twelveness™. i hope their lottery luck this year doesnt throw them off...
Slight better than prior years where they got players like Vonleh and Kaminsky, but year. When you have a front office/owner who cannot evaluate talent, it isn't a bad approach to take who the average team would.

Bulls with another W.  This time against the Luca-less Mavs.

They're not missing Laurie at all at the 4. Porter gives them someone that can play defense and lose little to nothing offensively. They're going to have to make a decision IMO on Laurie/Carter at the 5. Carter looks like a backup big IMO. Nothing at all stands out about him. Only time he shows anything it's against a big that isn't putting a body on him. And his basketball IQ at times makes Marquise Chriss look like a genius.

Desert_Power said:
Slight better than prior years where they got players like Vonleh and Kaminsky, but year. When you have a front office/owner who cannot evaluate talent, it isn't a bad approach to take who the average team would.
ooo, dont mention Vonleh to me. maybe it's cuz he's a Boston boy i'm sore, but every time i've seen him play - Knicks, Wolves - i see a guy pays attention, plays hard & has skills, but nobody seems to want him. i would a lot rather see him take Celtic minutes than 3-ft-tall-power-forward-lo-skillz-hustletron Grant Williams

Can't wait when people are complaining about the next Dubs super team.

PG Curry

SG Klay

PF Draymond

C Wiseman

6th man Paschall

2021 Twolves Lotto Pick

All drafted baby. Wiseman is going to be a stud. He is an athletic and more importantly fluid 7 footer. He plays with a great motor and can shoot the 3 and dribble at 19 years old! Definitely Anthony Davis type upside. Now hopefully Wiseman and the 3 Wise men's timelines matchup for another title.

Cs win a back to back on the road.

Good win with Tatum scoring 40.  Peyton Pritchard is a thing now. Kid had 23 pts & 8 ast off the bench.

I'm mostly relieved that the Kings aren't going to let a promising 4 game start get in the way of their quest for a top pick.  Halliburton getting hurt just immediately sucked all the life out of the team.  Also nice to see Bagley following up his dad's trade demand with a 2-9, 5 point, 3 turnover game, with a -27 point differential.  Good grief.

Can't wait when people are complaining about the next Dubs super team.

PG Curry

SG Klay

PF Draymond

C Wiseman

6th man Paschall

2021 Twolves Lotto Pick

All drafted baby. Wiseman is going to be a stud. He is an athletic and more importantly fluid 7 footer. He plays with a great motor and can shoot the 3 and dribble at 19 years old! Definitely Anthony Davis type upside. Now hopefully Wiseman and the 3 Wise men's timelines matchup for another title.
Nico looks good for a second rounder off the bench. 

No one is claiming Wiseman will be a HoF or that the Dubs THIS year are a Superteam. 

Just still can't believe we got Wiseman in the draft. He's the perfect big for the new NBA. Hopefully he learns enough this year, puts in the work next summer, and can become the complete package floor spacing center. You see the jumper, you see the handle, but most importantly there has not been a single word about him wanting to move to power forward or shying away from defense and rebounding. He should get there if he doesn't tune out Draymond. Bagley has similar traits but Wiseman just plays with more energy and more force.

More than likely the Dubs will be a play in team this season. This season will be a struggle, but adding Wiseman makes another championship run with Curry, Klay, and Draymond a possibility. Before this season adding Giannis seemed like the fastest way to get there and when Giannis resigned I was resigned to watching our stars age as just playoff gate holders. Now, we have a new plan for a title that's not light years away....develop Wiseman and do something good with the Twolves 2021 pick.

Let's go Dubs!!

I was reading about the possibility of expanding the league by a few new teams. The buy-in money would go to the owners so the timing makes sense considering the reduction of revenues in ticket sales.

I sure hope Seattle gets the Sonics back.
The NBA supposedly wants 2.5 billion for each expansion team.   

The NBA supposedly wants 2.5 billion for each expansion team.   
They should want more than that.  The 1/30th each franchise makes off the expansion fees, they then 'only' get 1/32 in future tv revenue, etc down the line.   By expanding they really end up (in essence) taking out a no-interest loan with some long-term downside.  Not sure I'd want to do that as one of those 32 governors unless the franchise fee was higher.  Those tv deals are going to shoot up in a few years.

I was reading about the possibility of expanding the league by a few new teams. The buy-in money would go to the owners so the timing makes sense considering the reduction of revenues in ticket sales.

I sure hope Seattle gets the Sonics back.
Saw an interesting suggestion of new divisions if Seattle and Las Vegas were added, moving Frosty’s beloved Wolves to the east to create the NFC North. 

WEST

Sea, Por, Sac, GS

LAL, LAC, Pho, LV

Uta, Den, OKC, Mem

SA, Dal, Hou, NO

EAST

Min, Mil, Chi, Det

Ind, Cle, Phi, Was

Tor, Bos, NY, Bkn 

Mia, Orl, Atl, Cha

Also works well geographically if you swap Tor and Phi. 

Users who are viewing this thread