What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos (5 Viewers)

wait, i thought triple doubles were worthless and just a show of how selfish a player was?

or is that just reserved for Westbrook?

wait, i thought triple doubles were worthless and just a show of how selfish a player was?

It's early so stats can be misleading, but Lamelo has lower usage and higher PER than Russell Westbrook. But I read the previous youngest was Markelle Fultz and Lonzo got close too. So it isn't necessarily a guarantee of success.

Wasn't it postponed because Boston only had 8 players eligible to play?  Yet they made Philly play with 7.
Yep.  Odd.

Maxey is nice.  I think him being so polished for a rookie allows the Sixers to move Ben if they want to.  Shake starts and Maxey takes on that sixth man instant offense role.

NBA needs to expand rosters and have more exemptions regarding contracts and types of contracts eligible under the cap. There is no active G-league right now, so why not allow roster expansions without 2-way contracts and their restrictions?  Without a bubble this season is going to have multiple games canceled due to lack of players available under the protocol 

Deamon said:
Wasn't it postponed because Boston only had 8 players eligible to play?  Yet they made Philly play with 7.
Not from what I read.  8 is the minimum and that is what Boston had.  The Heat had an inconclusive test the day of the game and since they didn't have time to get it figured out, they postponed.

As for Philly, they dressed an injured player to get to 8 to avoid a forfeit, which I'm not sure why...something about Embiid was only out for load management.

Now Celtics / Bulls is postponed for tomorrow night for "Covid-19" reasons.

Not from what I read.  8 is the minimum and that is what Boston had.  The Heat had an inconclusive test the day of the game and since they didn't have time to get it figured out, they postponed.

As for Philly, they dressed an injured player to get to 8 to avoid a forfeit, which I'm not sure why...something about Embiid was only out for load management.

Now Celtics / Bulls is postponed for tomorrow night for "Covid-19" reasons.
Per Rotoworld (I know, I know), The Celtics/Bulls game is postponed because Celtics can't dress 8 guys.

Still seems crazy they are making Philly play games with their situation.

All depends on if you get the triple doubles by playing to win & getting them in the natural flow of the game.....or if you get them by hogging the ball, taking rebounds from your own "bigs" & slowing down your own ability to outlet in tandem, and crashing the offensive boards rather getting back on D.

Embiid is just taking this game over, this is absolutely insane.
he did for first 3 minutes. thankfully the rookies and Danny Green were able to pick up when Embiid was wiped out. Still trying to figure out how they Ben Simmons fouled out

and Tyler Hero is pretty sick

he did for first 3 minutes. thankfully the rookies and Danny Green were able to pick up when Embiid was wiped out. Still trying to figure out how they Ben Simmons fouled out

and Tyler Hero is pretty sick
The 3rd quarter and OT was all Embiid.  Dude is 13/13 from the line and has 45 points and 16 boards.

Great OT win by Embiid and Simmons (5pts?) against a Butler-less, Adebayo-less, 8-man Heat squad.
NBA is just pissed at the Sixers for calling out the NBA. C's get to lay down and take games off while the NBA forces the Sixers to play with 8 guys. 2 2-way players in Joe and Mathias, this time but last games had Tony Bradley and Paul Reed playing too. Last 3 games have been a joke because the NBA is irresponsible

Also have to laugh a little too, just because Bam can destroy the C's doesn't mean he can do much of anything against Embiid 

NBA is just pissed at the Sixers for calling out the NBA. C's get to lay down and take games off while the NBA forces the Sixers to play with 8 guys. 2 2-way players in Joe and Mathias, this time but last games had Tony Bradley and Paul Reed playing too. Last 3 games have been a joke because the NBA is irresponsible

Also have to laugh a little too, just because Bam can destroy the C's doesn't mean he can do much of anything against Embiid 
Not even one point difference? Pretty sure dropping 45 on Kelly Olynyk to squeak out an OT win isn't necessarily a confidence boosting win.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not even one point difference? Pretty sure celebrating dropping 45 on Kelly Olynyk to squeak out an OT win isn't necessarily a confidence boosting win.
Ben has had a gimpy knee, and are still with only 8 players. the last 3 games have been pretty much meaningless for this team, will be happy to discuss when Sixers have at least 10 guys who can play. 

ETA: do we not want to laugh that the C's get to have off all of these games because Tatum is out, but the Sixers lose half their team and have to call up 4 G-league guys and we act like nothing is happening?

Harden just publicly said he wanted out in his postgame interview saying "Houston isn't good enough to win"

He's not playing well right now either. I thought Miami possibly could have been a destination at one time but I don't think you can part with Superherro at this point. Rookie deal and All Star appearances coming very soon. 

Edit: I don't think you can settle for Levert (because you bring him in.....youre building around him. He's not a complimentary player).

Sixers don't seem to want to part with Simmons. And after acquiring Walls deal.....who knows what Hou thinks at this point.

The team I keep coming back to is the Hawks. Harden can keep gaining weight and attending parties with whoever this Lil Baby guy/girl is in ATL. Rockets can get a reportedly disgruntled and unextended Collins, at least 1 of ATLs young and cheap wings, take on one of Gallo/Bogdanovic, along with Snell's contract.

Harden just publicly said he wanted out in his postgame interview saying "Houston isn't good enough to win"

He's not playing well right now either. I thought Miami possibly could have been a destination at one time but I don't think you can part with Superherro at this point. Rookie deal and All Star appearances coming very soon. 

Edit: I don't think you can settle for Levert (because you bring him in.....youre building around him. He's not a complimentary player).

Sixers don't seem to want to part with Simmons. And after acquiring Walls deal.....who knows what Hou thinks at this point.

The team I keep coming back to is the Hawks. Harden can keep gaining weight and attending parties with whoever this Lil Baby guy/girl is in ATL. Rockets can get a reportedly disgruntled and unextended Collins, at least 1 of ATLs young and cheap wings, take on one of Gallo/Bogdanovic, along with Snell's contract.
i keep hearing grumblings about Toronto being a team interested in making that move. 

I think if Atlanta makes a deal like that, it won't end well. Few other Hawks had minor gripes with Trey Young and his hero ball, my guess is if Harden landed there i don't know if Trey and Harden could co-exist well. 

i keep hearing grumblings about Toronto being a team interested in making that move. 

I think if Atlanta makes a deal like that, it won't end well. Few other Hawks had minor gripes with Trey Young and his hero ball, my guess is if Harden landed there i don't know if Trey and Harden could co-exist well. 
I don't see that ending well at all in Atlanta.

if i were Houston, i'd bite on Collins/Reddish/contract and be done with it.  i like both Trae/Poopbeard/Hunter/Gallowino-or-Oingoboingo/a-aCapella w BogBog/Hurter/Dunn off the pine for the Hawks and Wall/Reddish/PJ/Collins/Wood + 19 6'4 guys in Houston

Shams: The Rockets are sifting through finalists — Nets and 76ers — for a James Harden deal that could culminate quickly, with Brooklyn preparing an offer of all its future first-round picks and pick swaps, per sources.

Tim McMahon: Rockets coach Stephen Silas said James Harden was not at practice today. "We felt that it was best for the group and best for James not to come to practice."

Woj: The Rockets are planning to keep Harden away until a trade is done --- with front office weighing best final offers from Brooklyn and Philadelphia, sources tell @ramonashelburne and me. Process is moving quickly now.

:unsure:  

The Rockets are pursuing a trade package from the 76ers that would be headlined by Ben Simmons and Tyrese Maxey, league sources say

Stein: Houston is increasingly determined to complete a James Harden trade as soon as today, league sources say, and has chased the promising Maxey in addition to Simmons. Philly is known to covet Houston's PJ Tucker in addition to Harden while the Nets have also remained in pursuit

Me, a wise man who barely watches any NBA and still knows more than the average Sixers fan: Ben Simmons sucks and if the Sixers had 5 Ben Simmons they should trade all of them for James Harden, a legitimately great player who could win you the conference. 

Somebody from Philly: Ben Simmons attempted a 3 in practice yesterday!

As a Boston fan, I do not want James Harden in either Philly (for the easily game-planned for Simmons) or Brooklyn (where he and KD will shred everyone).

I guess if I had to pick, I'd hope for Philly and an Embiid failure of some kind.  Put him in Brooklyn and might as well cancel the rest of the East.  Durant looks like the pre-injury KD and Kyrie just becomes a luxury at that point.

ETA:  Boston's only hope would be if Walker comes back as pre-injury, All-NBA Kemba and Tatum and Brown take a slight step forward and they trade for a more legit big like Collins or Valanciunas.

Me, a wise man who barely watches any NBA and still knows more than the average Sixers fan: Ben Simmons sucks and if the Sixers had 5 Ben Simmons they should trade all of them for James Harden, a legitimately great player who could win you the conference. 

Somebody from Philly: Ben Simmons attempted a 3 in practice yesterday!
I think saying he sucks is hyperbole.  His lack of a shot is an incredibly important flaw that will limit him from ever being great, but you act like he is a fringe G league player. :shrug:

Stein: The Sixers, league sources say, are trying to muster other assets (such as draft compensation) to offer Houston to keep Tyrese Maxey out of a potential James Harden trade.

Stein: The Sixers, league sources say, are trying to muster other assets (such as draft compensation) to offer Houston to keep Tyrese Maxey out of a potential James Harden trade.
Smart.  I think they end up too thin to compete if they include him.  Second unit would not have a real engine. 

As a Boston fan, I do not want James Harden in either Philly (for the easily game-planned for Simmons) or Brooklyn (where he and KD will shred everyone).

I guess if I had to pick, I'd hope for Philly and an Embiid failure of some kind.  Put him in Brooklyn and might as well cancel the rest of the East.  Durant looks like the pre-injury KD and Kyrie just becomes a luxury at that point.

ETA:  Boston's only hope would be if Walker comes back as pre-injury, All-NBA Kemba and Tatum and Brown take a slight step forward and they trade for a more legit big like Collins or Valanciunas.
Why anybody would be afraid of Harden in the playoffs is beyond me.   What's he ever done besides wilt?  

Holy ####

Brooklyn’s acquiring James Harden in a three-way deal with Cleveland. Caris LeVert, Dante Exum, Rodions Kurucs, four 1st round picks – including Cavs’ 2022 first via Bucks -- and 4 Nets pick swaps to Rockets. Jarrett Allen, Taurean Prince to Cavs.

Users who are viewing this thread