What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos (7 Viewers)

Kyrie mess is even more of a reason to make the deal - you cant waste an opportunity to win with Durant.  If Kyrie doesnt want to play they would not have much of a shot with just Durant....if Harden rounds back into form then they have a legit chance...Im still fine with the deal. 

If Kyrie wants to sit out then so be it.....wonder if they can cancel his contract
They aren’t winning anything with Durant, Fat Harden, and Joe Harris. Best case scenario is probably that Kyrie comes back, the stars show they can gel on the court, and they build some momentum for next year, and round out the rotation with a couple of vets who want a chance at a title (especially a big).

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont get all these Net fans crying about "mortgaging the future" - its the NBA...you either have stars or your irrelevant.  and mediocre is irrelevant....

The Nets have been between a laughingstock and irrelevant since Kidd left 12 yrs ago and most of their existence before that since moving tothe NBA....if in the middle of that purgatory if you told me that they would be the talk of the NBA and had arguably 3 of the top 10 players in the NBA on one team to make a title push for the next 2 yrs Id have signed on immediately.  

Is it a little strange that they are not making a run with home grown talent...sure....but dont forget their last run was based on Kidd who wasnt home grown....gotta grab stars when you are able in the NBA....you could "Build" forever....luck is definitely needed

Fans are acting like this is a disaster....if they leave after 2 yrs so be it...this has stamped Brooklyn as a legitimate NBA title destination so let's not act like the future is doomed because of no picks for a few yrs....this is not the Celtics trade for 2 over the hill guys....

Im going to enjoy every minute of this run and if/when the Nets turn back into a pumpkin so be it....Im praying Ill have the 1st title ive ever witnessed with the Nets to fall back on.  
Totally agree. Who cares about the future, chance is to win now. No chance any of those future draft picks end up being half as good as Durant or Harden alone. 

Kyrie mess is even more of a reason to make the deal - you cant waste an opportunity to win with Durant.  If Kyrie doesnt want to play they would not have much of a shot with just Durant....if Harden rounds back into form then they have a legit chance...Im still fine with the deal. 

If Kyrie wants to sit out then so be it.....wonder if they can cancel his contract
It is a good deal for the Nets regardless.  They still are a deep team.  This is their shot.

The only reason why I was saying the Sixers shouldn't trade Maxey along with Simmons was because I think the Sixers are too thin and depleting the bench further would prevent them from being a serious contender, even with Harden.

Brooklyn going all-in with 3 emotionally unstable all-stars.  All 3 guys are "me-first" type players.  2 of the guys are in their early 30s.  I doubt this goes well for the Nets.

Houston received unprotected 1st round picks from Brooklyn in 2022, 2024, and 2026, plus Cleveland 1st round pick in 2022, plus "pick swaps in 2021, 2023, 2025, and 2027".  That means Houston can choose whether or not they want to swap picks those years, correct?  If so, I like the deal for the Rockets.  8 lotto tickets in the next 7 drafts.

jvdesigns2002 said:
In regards to this trade today--I love it for Indiana.  I'm a huge Pacers fan and as much as I like Oladipo--Levert is low key borderline all star talent imo.  If the Pacers can somehow get him, Brogdon, Sabonis, Turner, and TJ warren (when he gets back) to gel--I think they could give a lot of teams some trouble. 
I'm not at all a Pacers fan, but also intrigued by this move. LeVert still has some upside.

Brooklyn going all-in with 3 emotionally unstable all-stars.  All 3 guys are "me-first" type players.  2 of the guys are in their early 30s.  I doubt this goes well for the Nets.

Houston received unprotected 1st round picks from Brooklyn in 2022, 2024, and 2026, plus Cleveland 1st round pick in 2022, plus "pick swaps in 2021, 2023, 2025, and 2027".  That means Houston can choose whether or not they want to swap picks those years, correct?  If so, I like the deal for the Rockets.  8 lotto tickets in the next 7 drafts.
Cleveland pick is by way of Bucks, probably better off with early 2nd than a very late first due to guaranteed contracts

Kiddnets said:
I dont get all these Net fans crying about "mortgaging the future" - its the NBA...you either have stars or your irrelevant.  and mediocre is irrelevant....

The Nets have been between a laughingstock and irrelevant since Kidd left 12 yrs ago and most of their existence before that since moving tothe NBA....if in the middle of that purgatory if you told me that they would be the talk of the NBA and had arguably 3 of the top 10 players in the NBA on one team to make a title push for the next 2 yrs Id have signed on immediately.  

Is it a little strange that they are not making a run with home grown talent...sure....but dont forget their last run was based on Kidd who wasnt home grown....gotta grab stars when you are able in the NBA....you could "Build" forever....luck is definitely needed

Fans are acting like this is a disaster....if they leave after 2 yrs so be it...this has stamped Brooklyn as a legitimate NBA title destination so let's not act like the future is doomed because of no picks for a few yrs....this is not the Celtics trade for 2 over the hill guys....

Im going to enjoy every minute of this run and if/when the Nets turn back into a pumpkin so be it....Im praying Ill have the 1st title ive ever witnessed with the Nets to fall back on.  
Yep. Gotta take a chance at this when you can.  Otherwise what the heck are you doing?

As a Rockets fan, I'm just glad to cut the cancer.  Houston seemed to have received a decent haul considering the situation.    Wall, Oladipo and Wood could be an interesting core IF they remain healthy.   They could also tank but I think the current roster keeps them respectable.  As for the picks/swaps, chances are they remain low value but who really knows what BK's future holds.   

From an entertainment perspective, I'm in glee.  Rockets will be a more interesting team to watch without hero ball and the Nets will be must see tv on and off the court.  Harden will inevitably butts heads with Durant and/or Kyrie when he resorts back to his selfish ways and disappears in the clutch.  Good news for BK is that they won't have to depend on Harden when the game is on the line.   :popcorn:  

Are folks really writing off “Fat Harden” in early January?  Guy will be in great shape and abusing defenses again by March.  

As a Laker fan, I hated to see this trade. As a basketball fan, I love it.  

Now Kyrie....that’s a problem.  

I understand the me-first labels for Kyrie and Harden, but KD?  Guy seems like a stand up fella to me.  🤷‍♂️

jvdesigns2002 said:
Eff it.  I know it's lame to give oneself props--but I'm going to do it.  Kid got his first start today and completely balled out.  He had a huge game against a team with very solid defenders and made it look easy. Really made it look effortless like his cousin Shai Gilgeous Alexander. 

In regards to this trade today--I love it for Indiana.  I'm a huge Pacers fan and as much as I like Oladipo--Levert is low key borderline all star talent imo.  If the Pacers can somehow get him, Brogdon, Sabonis, Turner, and TJ warren (when he gets back) to gel--I think they could give a lot of teams some trouble. 

I also like the deal for the Rockets. They basically get to see Oladipo for a year to see if he can get anything close to his old self without any major commitment.  Wall looks decent, and Christian Wood is a great young talent.  The picks they have could be used to draft talent or they could also be future trade equity.   Also--while Brooklyn has a lot of talent (assuming Kyrie comes back)--they also have the ingredients to implode and be a dumpster fire.  If that happens--those picks that Houston got--could be a lot more valuable than most are expecting.   
Take your lap. You beat me to it. Was coming to give you props! Fortunately, I picked up a few NAW RCs on the market on the cheap in the last couple weeks. :D  

In other news: Pels lose another close one. :wall:  Of course, no Zion (Covid list) last night (or Bledsoe, or Lonzo). SO damn frustrating! 

Are folks really writing off “Fat Harden” in early January?  Guy will be in great shape and abusing defenses again by March.  

Harden is definitely going to be like the ex-wife that gets in fantastic shape after the divorce. 

Leeroy Jenkins said:
It is a good deal for the Nets regardless.  They still are a deep team.  This is their shot.

The only reason why I was saying the Sixers shouldn't trade Maxey along with Simmons was because I think the Sixers are too thin and depleting the bench further would prevent them from being a serious contender, even with Harden.
Huh?  They lost their #3-5 guys for the season in Dinwiddie, LeVert and Allen.   Dinwiddie and Allen were starters and LeVert had a chance to be a Lou Williams type player off the bench.  They are definitely shallow now, especially in the post.  They will need to sign or trade for some depth to be a legit title contender.

Also, if Kyrie completely flakes out they lose their biggest advantage of having 3 premier scorers.  I still would like them out of the East as things stand now.  However, if the Bucks make some needed improvements or Walker comes back as the all-NBA level PG he was, those two teams could pose enough of a threat to the KD & Harden show.

But still, 2 of the 5 best scorers in the league (I'd argue both are top 10 all time) on the same team is unprecedented.  If Kyrie decides to grow up, I don't see how anyone can outscore them over a 7 game series.

I understand the me-first labels for Kyrie and Harden, but KD?  Guy seems like a stand up fella to me.  🤷‍♂️
I don't see him that way on the court, just off of it.  He has left his current situations twice to try and find greener pastures elsewhere plus had several instances of being thin skinned on twitter.  I really think he is just immature.  Dude came into the league at like 20 years old and has been a top 10 player his whole career.  He has basically lived his entire adult life in a different world than the rest of us mere mortals.

Huh?  They lost their #3-5 guys for the season in Dinwiddie, LeVert and Allen.   Dinwiddie and Allen were starters and LeVert had a chance to be a Lou Williams type player off the bench.  They are definitely shallow now, especially in the post.  They will need to sign or trade for some depth to be a legit title contender.

Also, if Kyrie completely flakes out they lose their biggest advantage of having 3 premier scorers.  I still would like them out of the East as things stand now.  However, if the Bucks make some needed improvements or Walker comes back as the all-NBA level PG he was, those two teams could pose enough of a threat to the KD & Harden show.

But still, 2 of the 5 best scorers in the league (I'd argue both are top 10 all time) on the same team is unprecedented.  If Kyrie decides to grow up, I don't see how anyone can outscore them over a 7 game series.
Oh, I forgot Dinwiddie was out.  Jeff Green and Shamet!

Yep, this Laker fan is not loving it. It's even a bigger hit to the Bucks, the Cs, the Heat as they'll have to deal with this monstrosity earlier in the playoffs.

also, the Nets got a disabled player exception, so I'm not sure if Dinwiddie is even allowed to return.  I don't know the full rules on that, though.

An ACL tear recovery in 5-6 months?
I had read that it was a partial tear and sometimes that some players have elected to not have surgery for a partial tear and return sooner. Looks like he had the surgery since then though, so I'm guessing he's done.

I had read that it was a partial tear and sometimes that some players have elected to not have surgery for a partial tear and return sooner. Looks like he had the surgery since then though, so I'm guessing he's done.
yeah he definitely had the surgery.  i had initially heard that even with just a partial tear, the recovery timetable from surgery is the same as a full tear anyway.

Watching bucks mavs here and can't help wondering - this is the best roster they can put around giannis? Are there people out tonight?

Wasn't impressed at all with Bucks tonight against a short handed Mavs team. Too much iso ball. Middleton is why they won. And little depth.

I don't even know the Giannis touched the ball in the last 2 minutes because he couldn't make a free throw. 1 of 10. Ouch. He's unstoppable going to the hoop but think we'll see more and more hacking him to send to foul line.

Airballing one of the most wide open 3 pt attempts possible? 

Ben Simmons everybody!

https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/status/1350643282825588738?s=21

Somebody up thread said I act like he’s a D-leaguer and it’s not that, it’s just that he’s so obviously talented and it doesn’t seem like he’s working to get better. Something like that shot from an NBA player is embarrassing, period. 

It would be amazing to have a FBG contest, on national TV, and see what % of FBGs could beat Ben Simmons in a 3-pt contest.

Wow.

Trying to think the last time I felt almost as bad for a professional athlete. Was gonna say Chuck Knoblauch but I'll leave with these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDm1xv34oq0
Is there anybody else in the NBA who gets more critiqued then Ben when he shoots a jumper? Do people not realize air balls happen all the time?

I don't know what Ben did to half of the people in the sports media, but the guy is literally damned if he shoots, and damned if he doesn't. I mean everybody pisses and moans that Ben won't shoot 3s at all, then he shoots one and airballs it and everybody gets l giddy like middle school girls. 

Is there anybody else in the NBA who gets more critiqued then Ben when he shoots a jumper? Do people not realize air balls happen all the time?

I don't know what Ben did to half of the people in the sports media, but the guy is literally damned if he shoots, and damned if he doesn't. I mean everybody pisses and moans that Ben won't shoot 3s at all, then he shoots one and airballs it and everybody gets l giddy like middle school girls. 
Uncontested airballs do not happen all the time. 

Exactly.  Capella can't handle himself when Ben does something bad.... when he has a good game it's "well... well... he still can't do this"

Somebody up thread said I act like he’s a D-leaguer and it’s not that, it’s just that he’s so obviously talented and it doesn’t seem like he’s working to get better. Something like that shot from an NBA player is embarrassing, period. 
Agree or disagree, Ben Simmons is better than 80% of the players in the NBA?

Users who are viewing this thread