What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos (4 Viewers)

Pretty shooting makes for a fun all-star game.

This team ain't beating the Sixers, Bucks or even the Celtics (if they can get their full team together) in the playoffs.
I'd like to believe this, but I think those guys have enough playoff experience between them to figure it out.  Hoping to see a 2vs3 Bucks/Nets matchup, but not sure Philly can hold off the Nets for that top seed.

The thing about KD/Kyrie/Harden is not one of them knows how to lead a team to a championship.  KD was the best player, but maybe the 4th most respected voice on the team in GS.  Harden has laid a couple of playoff eggs as the man and Kyrie just had to "put the ball in the hole when open" while playing with LBJ.  They are three great scorers, but won't play enough D (note I didn't say can't) and their coach doesn't know much about that either.  Durant's already the most unstoppable offensive player in the league anyway, so Harden is really just a luxury during clutch offensive possessions in the postseason.

I honestly see them exiting in the 2nd round this year as constructed (especially if they really try to "fit" Blake in somehow).
oh come on

This thread is going to implode when the Nets sweep them. 
I wouldn't be that surprised.  If the Nets are firing on on cylinders, they're going to be very very tough to beat.

But yes, 90% of the posters in here are going to be getting their jollies cheering against Philly and rushing to post "i told you so" posts the second Philly is eliminated or loses a game.  It will be unbearable.

I wouldn't be that surprised.  If the Nets are firing on on cylinders, they're going to be very very tough to beat.

But yes, 90% of the posters in here are going to be getting their jollies cheering against Philly and rushing to post "i told you so" posts the second Philly is eliminated or loses a game.  It will be unbearable.
I mean Philly fans have kind of brought it in here, and Simmons is fun to poke fun of. 

I don’t see how anybody beats the Nets with that trio. How do you get a stop late in the game? 

I mean Philly fans have kind of brought it in here, and Simmons is fun to poke fun of. 

I don’t see how anybody beats the Nets with that trio. How do you get a stop late in the game? 
Not sure how Philly fans have 'brought it in here".  Not a single Philly fan in here has said we would win the East, OR that Ben is an Elite top 10 player.  Those narratives are completely made up by people to justify the trolling. 

I (and I believe the other philly fans in here), believe that Ben is a great player, but shooting is stopping him from being Elite.  And also that we are a great team, but the Nets or Bucks could easily beat us out in the playoffs.  Despite what people are hoping for, I don't think there's anything cocky or exaggerated whatsoever about those two statements.

Not sure how Philly fans have 'brought it in here".  Not a single Philly fan in here has said we would win the East, OR that Ben is an Elite top 10 player.  Those narratives are completely made up by people to justify the trolling. 

I (and I believe the other philly fans in here), believe that Ben is a great player, but shooting is stopping him from being Elite.  And also that we are a great team, but the Nets or Bucks could easily beat us out in the playoffs.  Despite what people are hoping for, I don't think there's anything cocky or exaggerated whatsoever about those two statements.
Philly fan(s) have been carrying on for years about their team and how much the Bucks and Celtics etc all suck. Sorry if you haven’t noticed. 

Why do you think the Sixers get so much flaky in here? It’s an insignificant franchise in the nba landscape, the city smells and the greatest food contribution is steak-umms with cheese whiz on them. Why would anybody hate them?

Philly fan(s) have been carrying on for years about their team and how much the Bucks and Celtics etc all suck. Sorry if you haven’t noticed. 

Why do you think the Sixers get so much flaky in here? It’s an insignificant franchise in the nba landscape, the city smells and the greatest food contribution is steak-umms with cheese whiz on them. Why would anybody hate them?
Haven't noticed at all.  Have any links on that?

*Of course modogg's anti-celtics rants which I THINK are just schtick, but besides that I have not seen Sixers fans in here saying that the Bucks suck.

A lot of the narrative that Sixers fans have been cocky about Ben or the team is completely made up just to bash the team.  None of us have said Ben is better than he is seen around the league by other players/coaches (all star but not elite), and we just went through nearly a decade of sucking and knowing we sucked.  Never have we crowned ourselves NBA Champions.

Capella said:

It's a pretty good sandwich.

Capella said:
This is where I'm at as well but they're only an injury to Durant or Kyrie away.  I'm going to assume Harden continues fading late in Game 6/7s.

Capella said:

:cough-cough: i believe we have only stated the C's suck, not really any comments on the Bucks.

Please continue...

Deamon said:
Haven't noticed at all.  Have any links on that?

*Of course modogg's anti-celtics rants which I THINK are just schtick, but besides that I have not seen Sixers fans in here saying that the Bucks suck.

A lot of the narrative that Sixers fans have been cocky about Ben or the team is completely made up just to bash the team.  None of us have said Ben is better than he is seen around the league by other players/coaches (all star but not elite), and we just went through nearly a decade of sucking and knowing we sucked.  Never have we crowned ourselves NBA Champions.
Yes I’m going to go through years worth of threads to provide you with links. Standby. 

Yes I’m going to go through years worth of threads to provide you with links. Standby. 
Just another exaggerated and groundless anti-Sixers post.  I follow the thread pretty closely and I don't remember a lot posts from Sixers fans saying that the Bucks and "etc, etc." teams sucked.  Long Ball Larry and Insein are the other main Philly fans that frequent this page and they are pretty level headed and modest/realistic fans.  Modogg's Celtics Shtick I agree with you on, but to say "years of posts filled with Sixers fans hating on many teams" just isn't true. 

Sure there are a lot of Philly posters on this site in all sports, but outside of modogg I see no cocky Philly fans that think the team is better than they are.  We make a modest post, it gets no response.  We make a somewhat pro-philly response, and keyboard warriors are waiting like desperate salivating wolves to jump on and troll or argue against it instantly.

The aggressive insecurity and persecution complex of New England fans has somehow been surpassed. I didn't think that possible. Kudos.
Not sure by which side.  According to Capella, Philly is full of posters who bash every team in the league.

If the other side is what you're alluding to, you have to be blind to not see it in here.  Half the posts are about a 3 time NBA all star sucking, not deserving an all star, and not even being in the top 200 players in the league.  Hell, even the Bromigos Boy has posted nothing but Ben stuff the last week and the thread title alludes to it.  Zero persecution complex here to anyone with eyes.

Not sure by which side.  According to Capella, Philly is full of posters who bash every team in the league.

If the other side is what you're alluding to, you have to be blind to not see it in here.  Half the posts are about a 3 time NBA all star sucking, not deserving an all star, and not even being in the top 200 players in the league.  Hell, even the Bromigos Boy has posted nothing but Ben stuff the last week and the thread title alludes to it.  Zero persecution complex here to anyone with eyes.
Bromigo Boy and the thread title are here to be funny. The thread title is objectively funny, idgaf who you root for. You could probably stand to relax a little and laugh. It’s just sports and your team isn’t winning anything anyways.  

Bromigo Boy and the thread title are here to be funny. The thread title is objectively funny, idgaf who you root for. You could probably stand to relax a little and laugh. It’s just sports and your team isn’t winning anything anyways.  
There's funny, and then there's tired jokes and obsessive trolling.  The truth on most things in sports lies in the middle.  I think my team and Ben are really good, but not elite and the best in the league.

We have sucked and stuck with the team for decades.... when we are finally a good team what do you expect?  Us to not cheer and hope that we win?  I'm sure if/when the Magic ever are relevant again that you will be happy for them and enjoying their success.

There's funny, and then there's tired jokes and obsessive trolling.  The truth on most things in sports lies in the middle.  I think my team and Ben are really good, but not elite and the best in the league.

We have sucked and stuck with the team for decades.... when we are finally a good team what do you expect?  Us to not cheer and hope that we win?  I'm sure if/when the Magic ever are relevant again that you will be happy for them and enjoying their success.
The magic can go straight to hell, I got all I need from the Bucs and Lightning right now. 

You’re coming across a bit mental here and ruining the thread. 

Why can’t you just let anything go? So what if some one makes a joke about Ben Simmons?

I'm ruining the thread?  lol.  There are more anti-Ben posts than there are posts me defending him... so why not say that to the trolls who are obsessed with posting about him?

Those posters can also let it go.  You actually have posters in here who idiotically believe that Ben isn't a top 200 player in the league.  I've defended that, and been against trolling... yet you want that to continue, but anyone defending trolling is 'mental and ruining the thread'.

If people continue to troll then I'll continue to defend it.  If you want all this Ben non-sense and posts to end, maybe start with those provoking it.

I'm ruining the thread?  lol.  There are more anti-Ben posts than there are posts me defending him... so why not say that to the trolls who are obsessed with posting about him?

Those posters can also let it go.  You actually have posters in here who idiotically believe that Ben isn't a top 200 player in the league.  I've defended that, and been against trolling... yet you want that to continue, but anyone defending trolling is 'mental and ruining the thread'.

If people continue to troll then I'll continue to defend it.  If you want all this Ben non-sense and posts to end, maybe start with those provoking it.
You know the best way to get people to stop baiting you?

Someone bashes Simmons/Sixers-  Everyone:  "Learn to take a joke,  you're ruining the thread with your responses... just ignore it"

Someone praises Simmons/Sixers-  Everyone:  "Let's all respond to it negatively and bash him/you some more... you are just a cocky sixers fan who has bashed every NBA team in here for years"

You know the best way to get people to stop baiting you?
Ya, not gonna do that.  People who actually get off on fishing/baiting/trolling people on message boards are the lowest of the low kind of people.  The whole "haha, I'm so cool because I made him react or get upset" is both outdated and desperate.  I'm here to actually talk basketball.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, I have identified your problem. 
well I guess we will be stuck with the same Ben-Dominant discussion until people can stop becoming obsessed with talking about him and fishing for a response.  They fish, they get a response, then they complain about getting a response.  So cool.

Fair enough and do what you want. I apologize for using the word “mental”. I should have chosen “manic” as that was what I was trying to say.

you’ve been in this thread long enough to know one of the guys you’re feuding with is just going for laughs. That’s his thing.

I was thinking about watching some NBA, but, Philly fans come in here and cry about their team just like they do in the shark pool?  I think I'll stick to watching pickleball.  

I'm enjoying all this Nets/Sixers talk.  I like it better when my hometown Bucks are the underdogs...
it is more fun flying under the radar. I do like that the Bucks are mixing in different line-ups and trying some things during this Covid season. Makes sense and glad they aren't just stuck playing the way they have the past few years in the playoffs. 

Have always liked Jrue so glad he is doing well there too. I don't think anybody is really under-estimating the Bucks, teams are just dragging through regular season to see what they actually have

Users who are viewing this thread