What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos (5 Viewers)

Another tough loss for the Hornets. Going to be lucky to make a series in the playoffs without Hayward/Bridges playing. Did decide to go to Thursday's game vs Clippers since the wife and I will be two weeks past our second vax.

Bulls are a really bad team whether Lavine/Vucevic are both in the lineup or not. They're still a team that rarely gets any easy baskets and can't defend. Doesn't matter now obviously but they were always clearly the worst of all the teams in the running for the #10 spot in the East. They've got to figure out the whole Lavine/White situation. Either move one or move White to a 6th man role.

I think Lonzo breaks the bank this offseason but he should be priority #1 for the Bulls. Facilitator + can defend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Either the Knicks are really good, or I am right about my LA teams. Maybe a combo of both. But gotta agree with @Otis, Knicks are good tv.
I'm rooting for the Knicks in the East. My old teammate is one of their assistant coaches. Easier to root for him now rather than Utah.

Knicks are legit. They play tough defense and Thibs, Randle, and Rose makes sure everyone plays hard.

So then do the losers of the play-in tourney who don't make the playoffs, end up in the lottery despite what their record was end of season?

Either the Knicks are really good, or I am right about my LA teams. Maybe a combo of both. But gotta agree with @Otis, Knicks are good tv.
So love these Knicks.  Hard loss to the Fakers last night, by 2 in OT.  We just didn’t have the offense down the stretch.  If IQ is healthy I think he’s a big help here; Burks too.  Still not a bad road trip all in all, and then we finish with three winnable games at the Garden. 

4-6 in the East and 5-7 in the West really up for grabs.

Miami looks really tough and they are healthy at the right time.  If they end up 6th they could be a tough out for one of the top 3 in the East. 

I remember as a kid seeing Jeff Turner and thinking come on how is this guy in the NBA. He had a decent little shot in NBA 94 though. 

4-6 in the East and 5-7 in the West really up for grabs.

Miami looks really tough and they are healthy at the right time.  If they end up 6th they could be a tough out for one of the top 3 in the East. 
yeah. could end up being a bit of a murderer's road if the Heat end in 6, and the Bucks have to play Miami 1st round, Nets 2nd round, and Philly in the Eastern finals

if they get in that 4-5 seed, and Knicks-Heat 1st round matchup may not be the most exciting to watch, but man that would be a great series to grind through for both of those teams

yeah. could end up being a bit of a murderer's road if the Heat end in 6, and the Bucks have to play Miami 1st round, Nets 2nd round, and Philly in the Eastern finals

if they get in that 4-5 seed, and Knicks-Heat 1st round matchup may not be the most exciting to watch, but man that would be a great series to grind through for both of those teams
Really cheering for the Bucks to get that 2 seed.  Only remote shot at beating the Nets would be if they have to go through Miami and then on the road against the Bucks in a grueling 7 game series.

Really cheering for the Bucks to get that 2 seed.  Only remote shot at beating the Nets would be if they have to go through Miami and then on the road against the Bucks in a grueling 7 game series.
predicting the playoffs this year may be little tough with the weird year we have been in, and teams juggling this chaotic schedule and trying to get in the playoffs healthy.

I didn't guess Miami would make it last year, so hard to count them out, and the Knicks really may be able to catch one of the top 3 if they take them lightly or go into too overconfident. a Nets-Knicks series would obviously be something everyone would love, and Nets would definitely be favored, but man i wouldn't count the Knicks that far out of it. 

Anyone watch the Nets game? Did Harden look as good as the box score suggests? If so these playoffs might already be over. 

Anyone watch the Nets game? Did Harden look as good as the box score suggests? If so these playoffs might already be over. 
I was glued to Wiz Hawks, but will watch it later tonight. I half expect them to romp their way to the title. I bet on it long long ago.

Announcers said Mitchell will be ready for playoffs. Could play the last couple games if they really needed him.

also espn just promised extended Nets highlights coming up...

He looked a bit slow but otherwise very good — his passing is such a boon for that offense. Also has great chemistry with Claxton, who scored a career-high 18 points last night. :wub:  

Now we wait for Kyrie to return.

He looked a bit slow but otherwise very good — his passing is such a boon for that offense. Also has great chemistry with Claxton, who scored a career-high 18 points last night. :wub:  

they do look scary good at times. Should be a fun playoffs i think. Sixer shooters need to make some of their shots (and for the love of God, Seth Curry needs to stop passing out of wide open 3s) for them to hang when they meet in the Eastern finals. if they go cold like they did against Indiana the other day, it will certainly be an uphill climb for the Sixers

Claxton is the key, because - as was apparent in last nite's Wiz/Hawks when neither star PG defended his opposite the entire game - it's gonna hafta be DAJ/Griff(if he takes his diminshment seriously) on body work and Clax as the TVhousewife (a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do and a woman's gotta do everything else) on defense, cuz stars dont cover now. one of the three will be out, with Clax/BBrown in, most of the time, i expect.

and, as a Celtics fan i can tell you, Kyriecancer™ will be a concern wherever there is Kyrie. if the other two stars steal his spotlight, he'll try sumn

msudaisy26 said:
I swear he looked fat again. Still love him, but he put on the kilos while he was out.

Heat certainly are not going to be an easy out in the playoffs. 

game tonight is laughable though. i may be able to like the Heat at some point if i didn't have to hear about "Heat culture" 4-5 times a game every time they play

Heat certainly are not going to be an easy out in the playoffs. 

game tonight is laughable though. i may be able to like the Heat at some point if i didn't have to hear about "Heat culture" 4-5 times a game every time they play
Really hard to argue with the success Riley has had down there, but anything gets annoying when the announcers keep beating it like a dead horse.

Hornets fell on their face again tonight. ~30 points may be the biggest loss in person since me and buddy got seats a couple rows back during one of the last Bobcats games to enjoy them getting housed by Atlanta. The lack of Bridges/Hayward really hurts them. Their best lineups were going small, but Cody Martin is their only 3 right now. Will be very lucky to make a series and they have a tough offseason coming up likely losing Graham and Monk.

Users who are viewing this thread