Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

• 2 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, Nugget said:

So how do I get better at throwing a disc?  I have poor distance and I'm  probably gripping the discs incorrectly and too tightly.  I will have a cut on my finger by the 8th hole.

This is super basic, but Nate Sexton is a great person to listen to.  https://youtu.be/T7Buk1Hn8jM

If this is too simple, here is another one with five great tips:

https://youtu.be/7JpY1m9vx2A

Thinking of starting next year. Will start at a local practice range. Looks like about 100' between most of the baskets. Any specific disc recommendations for the practice range?

28 minutes ago, brun said:

Thinking of starting next year. Will start at a local practice range. Looks like about 100' between most of the baskets. Any specific disc recommendations for the practice range?

If that's what you start on, just get a putter and work on your form. Once you are comfortable, get a mid-range and work from there. There are several putters to choose from, probably doesn't matter much if you are just starting out. I personally use a Dynamic Discs Judge, but that's not really an endorsement since I put for sh!t.

• Thanks 2
20 hours ago, Bamboo Bill said:

I thought the production values were better than expected. I really enjoyed it.

I wonder if the difficulty of that course would freak out the novice viewer though. It looks impossible on screen.

• Like 1
On 11/25/2020 at 3:22 PM, shades said:

Any recs for how someone in the Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley area could get started? Good places to practice?

My suggestion would be to install the Udisc app on your phone. A wealth of info is available on there. Will show you local courses, and most will have reviews which should tell you if they're what you're looking for.

On 10/29/2020 at 5:25 AM, Battersbox said:

So the Covid era has led me to the disc golf world, and I have to say it's been a great outlet in so many ways. Great exercise and a perfect way to get outside while social distancing. 

The people I've interacted with so far have been fantastic. There is a definite sub-culture of disc golfers who are 99% welcoming and chill about the sport. Demographically it definitely skews young, but feeling like the old man on the course hasn't dampened my enthusiasm at all.

I play probably 5 times a week beginning in mid-July. I've become more and more interested in the sport as the months progress, from the history of it to the current tour and prominent players. I find myself watching YouTube videos constantly, both instructional and recordings of tour events. I also have visited about a dozen courses in my immediate area and am excited to visit courses farther afield at the first opportunity.

I was stunned to not find a disc golf thread on these forums. 

Any other enthusiasts from the FBG realm? What do you throw? Where do you play?

Because they are all high on the reefer? ;)

This is something I wanted to try more with the son.  How much is a decent beginner set of discs? 

13 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

This is something I wanted to try more with the son.  How much is a decent beginner set of discs? 

A neighbor just picked one up that included a bag for about $25

4 hours ago, KarmaPolice said:

In the before-times, I'm told you could find nearly anything for a good price at your local Play-It-Again sports, but that isn't the case lately, at least around me. Facebook has several disc-trading/selling groups that are worth a look if you want to keep your investment down.

I was -1, but it's a very easy course. Top performer in all divisions was -9 I believe. I was pleased to be under par and to get an official rating. Playing another on the 19th, praying the weather holds up. It's a lot of fun. 

Hoping 2021 brings some normalcy and the opportunity to hit some new courses regionally and enter events.