What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Whoppers - The Candy - Rate It: A Pole (1 Viewer)

Rate Whoppers On A Scale Of 1 to 10

Votes: 33 15.1%

Votes: 22 10.0%

Votes: 16 7.3%

Votes: 11 5.0%

Votes: 22 10.0%

Votes: 30 13.7%

Votes: 30 13.7%

Votes: 33 15.1%

Votes: 9 4.1%

Votes: 13 5.9%

• Total voters
My daughter picked up some Dark Chocolate Malt Balls from Sprouts tonight. I will try them tomorrow night at family card night.
I didn't know they had dark chocolate versions, but I would probably still opt for the milk chocolate ones myself.  That said, how were they?

I pimped Sprouts' version of these upthread; remain one of my favorite treats.

When I raid my kids' halloween bags I always grab these last... but then as I eat them I wonder why I skip them.  

Sneaky good, but won't overtake the Reeses, Starburst, 3 Musketeers of the world.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't know they had dark chocolate versions, but I would probably still opt for the milk chocolate ones myself.  That said, how were they?

I pimped Sprouts' version of these upthread; remain one of my favorite treats.
I tried the dark chocolate version from Sprouts,  and they were the best malted milk ball I've eaten. I don't know if I'll be able to eat an actual Whopper again.

You're putting Starburst and 3 Musketeers on the same tier as Reese's?
I mean, those are the 3 I go for first.

I would give Reese's the edge.  Lemon Starburst would give it a run for its money though.

I’m not going back and looking through this interesting thread to find out who stated that Sprouts chocolate covered (dark or milk) malt balls are far superior to Whoppers, but thank you for enlightening me. I just bought a pack of the milk and dark and they are awesome. Whoppers are #### in comparison. 

Osaurus said:
I’m not going back and looking through this interesting thread to find out who stated that Sprouts chocolate covered (dark or milk) malt balls are far superior to Whoppers, but thank you for enlightening me. I just bought a pack of the milk and dark and they are awesome. Whoppers are #### in comparison. 
Wife is heading there tonight, will jot that down...

Osaurus said:
wow ...went to the Sprouts website ...a lot of these prices are crazy good.  

$6/lb. for dark chocolate cashews?????

https://shop.sprouts.com/shop/categories/116

Completely in.   

Osaurus said:
Quite possibly me.  They are absolutely money.  I need to do a beer run tomorrow and there's a liquor store riiiiight next to Sprouts... I think I may grab a couple pounds.

All American candy in the milk chocolate area are pure garbage. Europe gets it right. 
Not doubting it, but is it true even when comparing similarly-priced options?  Or more like when you compare $3/lb Whoppers to $9/lb Sprout malt balls?

Also, do they have a better version of M&M's?  Because the Smarties you get in Canada (made in UK) are definitely not as good as M&M's.

Not doubting it, but is it true even when comparing similarly-priced options?  Or more like when you compare $3/lb Whoppers to $9/lb Sprout malt balls?

Also, do they have a better version of M&M's?  Because the Smarties you get in Canada (made in UK) are definitely not as good as M&M's.
Good points.

Ritter Sport makes an excellent milk chocolate that will run you between $2-$3 for a bar of chocolate, is that too much?

I remember when I could get a bag of M&Ms for about 40 cents everywhere, now I think they are almost $2 for a little bag of them. 

I'd rather eat a circus peanut pulled from a dead skunk's ###.
Hmmm....I'm afraid I'm going to need video evidence on this one, Chach.   And it raises so many more questions:  How many of these skunk-a$$ peanuts do you recon you could fit into your mouth at once?  Would the amount increase/decrease if you were to eat them out of a vintage Air Jordan?

(3 Musketeers is truly disgusting though.  Food chemist #1: "Hey, how could make a ####ty version of Snickers?"  Food chemist #2: "Meh, I dunno. Take out all the stuff that tastes good, I guess?  Then maybe eff around with the nougat too?")

Osaurus said:
The Sprouts version of whoppers are a winner for sure. 

Try the Australian Licorice in those bright colors, better than Twizzlers which I tend to enjoy. Thick!

Try the Australian Licorice in those bright colors, better than Twizzlers which I tend to enjoy. Thick!
Twizzlers are the most disgusting candy ever. 

I had no idea people disliked Whoppers so much until seeing this thread. Always been one of my favorites. 

Oh noeeeez... they have discontinued the milk chocolate version, at least at my local store.  Had to go with the dark chocolate / sea salt version, which is substantially worse.  I may need to get on the innerwebz to stir up some crap and get those back.

Users who are viewing this thread