What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

So who did you vote for? (1 Viewer)

Who did you vote for?

• Trump

Votes: 47 21.1%
  • Biden

Votes: 153 68.6%
  • Jorgensen

Votes: 11 4.9%
  • Other

Votes: 12 5.4%

• Total voters
Still my biggest problem with the EC. All votes should count the same but they obviously don't.
Why in the world would a bunch of people in 5-7 cities deserve the right to determine how 45 states are legislated from the executive branch at the federal level?

They have almost nothing in common. People in LA or NYC don't know the first thing about what is best for my community, but their viewpoint would be disproportionately amplified by a popular vote.

Last edited by a moderator:
Think Scott Atlas was Trumps main go to for the past couple months.  We will see if there is any pushback from his interview with the Russians.
There has always been pushback against Atlas, from basically everywhere except the WH. I say no way the WH suddenly takes issue now just because of this. To the contrary, I kinda expect to hear stories about DJT criticizing Atlas for apologizing.

Why in the world would a bunch of people in 5-7 cities deserve the right to determine how 45 states are legislated from the executive branch at the federal level?

They have almost nothing in common. People in LA or NYC don't know the first thing about what is best for my community, but their viewpoint would be disproportionately amplified by a popular vote.
I think you mean proportionately, and that's usually considered a good thing.

this x 10000000

• Smile
Reactions: RnR
Biden as an Independent voter. Last time I voted 3rd party.
Same, voted Johnson in 2016.  In the past I've voted Green, Libertarian, Democrat... and in other spots I sometimes even vote Republican.  I am pretty fiscally conservative but socially quite liberal.  Sucks being stuck right in the middle sometimes.

There is no way in Hell I would vote for Trump. 

Biden is a placeholder for 2024; hopefully there is a smart, charismatic and worthy candidate in 2024 that's closer to the middle of the aisle.  I wish we could just dump the two-party system.  We need more choices.

Works both ways. Given that like 80% of the U.S. population lives in urban/suburban areas, why would a minority of people in the rural areas deserve the right to determine how the majority of the people are legislated from the executive branch at the federal level?

Works both ways. Given that like 80% of the U.S. population lives in urban/suburban areas, why would a minority of people in the rural areas deserve the right to determine how the majority of the people are legislated from the executive branch at the federal level?
:goodposting: There are real differences in the day-to-day needs of people living in urban vs. rural areas. But this is an argument in favor of federalism. Not the electoral college. Make the 10th Amendment Great Again!

I wish we could just dump the two-party system.  We need more choices.
This can only happen if people stop voting for both parties. People are brainwashed that they have to vote for one or the other.   People have to change their mindset.  It's starting, but not nearly enough yet.   The two major parties play for the same team that supports major corps and big pharma.

Trump didn't win last time because people liked him.  They voted for him because they wanted to blow up a corrupt system.  And he rewarded them by bringing in his own corrupt system.

I want the govt out of my life.  Voted for Jo.

I live in a suburban area. 300k people in my county. We live nothing like those 5-7 cities and have no desire to do so.

Because the President is supposed to be a representative of the entire nation, not just densely populated urban areas.  The electoral college is a good solution that makes candidates campaign in Ohio, Wisconsin, Iowa and not just in Philadelphia, Los Angeles and New York City.

Because the President is supposed to be a representative of the entire nation, not just densely populated urban areas.  The electoral college is a good solution that makes candidates campaign in Ohio, Wisconsin, Iowa and not just in Philadelphia, Los Angeles and New York City.
And those Ohio, Wisconsin and Iowa's change over time to different states.  So it's not the same population centers that would decide each election as LA, NY, PHIL, CHI, etc would be.

But things can go far in the other direction. Candidates don't spend much time campaigning in Los Angeles or New York City as things stand now. A California voter's vote is worth about 1/3 of a Wyoming voter's. The President isn't representing the entire nation now, it's skewed toward the low population states. I understand the need to protect minority interests from being swamped by the majority, but that doesn't mean the minority interests should dominate the majority interests either, and we're leaning more in that direction than the former. An adjustment is needed.

My wife is an ER nurse.  She's voting Trump.  Why would healthcare workers oppose Trump?
He’s undermined the pandemic response from day 1, and continues to do so. There’re whole thread(s) devoted to the subject, so I won’t repeat the obvious.

To be fair, I know a smattering of healthcare workers who are Trump supporters. But the overwhelming majority aren’t, especially those who actually care for covid patients. Assuming you’re in Philadelphia, your wife’s support is pretty surprising, as I’m sure she knows his misinformation and lack of leadership is making a lot of people suffer.

A good friend of mine is an anesthesiologist and she is voting for Trump.  I would imagine most wealthy doctors are voting for Trump.
I think your disconnect is the assumption that people only vote based on financial self interest (whether Trump is the best candidate in that realm is also debatable). Among 50+ “wealthy” doctors I know personally, maybe only a handful (if that) are voting Trump. Granted, I’ve not seen their actual ballots, but the way they talk doesn’t suggest they are “shy” Trump voters. 

Also, I don’t think you ever clarified how your friends know definitively their heart attacks/cancer were mis-attributed to covid? Who actually committed fraud - the doctors, hospital coders/billers, insurers? I’m really interested, as people typically aren’t privy to the DRG for which they are billed - transparency isn’t exactly a strong suit of our healthcare system.

I was planning to vote for Biden but the late influx of pickups full of armed Trump supporters blocking traffic and rolling coal really has me rethinking things.  
Wasn't sure who to vote for until Biden murmured "America listen up, here's the deal... we have to lsjdflkjsdfkl" and all 15 cars in attendance honked their horns in approval. Can't describe the passion and enthusiasm running through me now.

Think Scott Atlas was Trumps main go to for the past couple months.  We will see if there is any pushback from his interview with the Russians.
Radiologist Scott Atlas is the guy I want heading up this pandemic. And tomorrow I shall call my podiatrist to deal with my root canal.

wasted vote here in Ky for joe biden and am McGrath.  I made  calls on behalf of McGrath and got a few more votes for her but it wont be enough.  One guy absolutely refused to tell me who he voted for......but a he end of the call he said   "Tell Amy that george said to tell her semper fi"  that made me smile.  Overall her dialer and  list was pure garbage compared to Bidens.  

Voted against Trump for the third time (2016 primary, 2016 election and 2020 election).  Unfortuantely, my 2020 republican primary was cancelled since it was uncontested so couldn't make it 4 times around.  

Woke super early (for me) and voted before work. Smooth as always, socially distanced in an underground parking garage rather than the synagogue we usually use. I was the 39th voter about 40 minutes after the polls opened. I even flipped the ballot over and filled in the 20+ bubbles for the incumbent judges running unopposed (and the Supreme Court judge being challenged by a loony personal injury attorney). Figured I owed it to them, somehow.

Woke super early (for me) and voted before work. Smooth as always, socially distanced in an underground parking garage rather than the synagogue we usually use. I was the 39th voter about 40 minutes after the polls opened. I even flipped the ballot over and filled in the 20+ bubbles for the incumbent judges running unopposed (and the Supreme Court judge being challenged by a loony personal injury attorney). Figured I owed it to them, somehow.
President Trump thanks you for your support and vote.

I'm in line to vote.  Easily the biggest crowd I've seen on election morning here over three Presidential elections.

This is primarily Trumpland, too.

I'm voting Biden but not sure he's got a chance in Missouri.
Holy smokes, that took an hour.

California has about 11.5 percent of the U.S. population, 10 percent of the electoral votes, and if you win California you are 20% of the way to winning the Presidency.    California has plenty of say in national politics. 

Voted against Trump for the third time (2016 primary, 2016 election and 2020 election).  Unfortuantely, my 2020 republican primary was cancelled since it was uncontested so couldn't make it 4 times around.  
Poor thing.

Biden.  First time voting for a major party candidate for president.
My vote for president doesn't matter, because Biden isn't going to carry South Dakota, and if he does he won't need our three electoral votes.

Of much greater immediate relevance is Amendment A, which will amend our state constitution to legalize recreational weed.  (They ran this as a constitutional amendment instead of an initiated measure because our state legislature has a long history of deliberately sabotaging initiated measures, and obviously they can't do that in the case of a constitutional amendment).  My state doesn't get a lot of polling, but the two polls that I've seen have both had this amendment surprisingly winning, with just over 50% support.  Keeping my fingers crossed . . . 

My vote for president doesn't matter, because Biden isn't going to carry South Dakota, and if he does he won't need our three electoral votes.

Of much greater immediate relevance is Amendment A, which will amend our state constitution to legalize recreational weed.  (They ran this as a constitutional amendment instead of an initiated measure because our state legislature has a long history of deliberately sabotaging initiated measures, and obviously they can't do that in the case of a constitutional amendment).  My state doesn't get a lot of polling, but the two polls that I've seen have both had this amendment surprisingly winning, with just over 50% support.  Keeping my fingers crossed . . . 
One would hope that if SD legalizes, that'll be enough to get the MN GOP to take their foot out of the door jam and let us do it too.

Amazing to me that SD is ahead of NY on this issue.  

I believe @Maurile Tremblay did a poll previously that came in 15% for Trump. I think that was "Pro-Trump", though, and not necessarily about voting. Is that accurate? Anyone have a link? I think it would be interesting to compare that poll to this poll.

Trump is currently at 16.56% in this poll with plenty of evidence out there that Trump voters are more likely to vote today rather than early voting or mail-in voting, so I expect that number to go up.

RnR said:
I live in a suburban area. 300k people in my county. We live nothing like those 5-7 cities and have no desire to do so.
You live nothing like other people in America?

Can you break down some of the major differences in your day to day life?

Officially voted for President Trump in the people’s Republic of IL. Took about 5 people with me, we all voted NO on Gov Puglsey’s no limit tax increase as well. 

And I gotta say the vote total in this thread is much bigger than last time for President Trump. 

Voted Biden. State of Texas. Not going to be super optimistic about Texas flipping, but I think it will be close.

:goodposting: There are real differences in the day-to-day needs of people living in urban vs. rural areas. But this is an argument in favor of federalism. Not the electoral college. Make the 10th Amendment Great Again!
They're related. The electoral college is a sort of strategically placed poison pill that helps protect against the erosion of federalism. Think of the electoral college (and the composition of the Senate) as the founders' way of saying, "We're going to make sure that the federal government is so dumb that not even leftists will want to put the federal government in charge of everything."

Users who are viewing this thread