What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***New Orleans vs Chicago +5.5 (41)*** (1 Viewer)

Were no refs actually watching that it hit the ground?  Like several times.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm up 3 with only Lutz left for my opponent (I have L Murray & Fulgham left)

that doink one was worth (-2) in our format

freaking glorious

Tre'Quan Smith is never going to be a thing, is he?

He should have stopped and driven back through the defender to the ball. Would have picked up a PI call.

That's tough judgment, but it's true. 

27 yarder - might be the shortest miss in the league this year 
Hauschka missed a 24 yarder Week 5
  • Sloman (recently released) missed a 29 yarder Week 1
  • Gostkowski had a 27 yarder blocked Week 6
  • Elliott missed a 29 yarder Week 7
That's 5 missed FGs under 30 yards for the year league wide

88 made including today for a percentage of 94.62%

sorry I'm bored

'Unfortunately right now..."

As if they were the victims of a natural disaster or famine and just couldn't get the funds necessary in order to keep things afloat. Maybe they could have had a non profit Referee Foundation that raises the shortfall of money to hire these guys 24/7, pay them a good wage so they take their job seriously. 

'Unfortunately right now..."

As if they were the victims of a natural disaster or famine and just couldn't get the fund necessary in order to keep things afloat. Maybe they could have had a non profit Referee Foundation that raises the shortfall of money to hire these guys 24/7, pay them a good wage so they take their job seriously. 
I'm not gonna defend NFL officiating bc it's been pretty bad this year

But I've know two NFL officials personally - the late Stan Kemp and his son Alex, both referees (we all come from the same hometown)

I've had conversations with both of them on these arguments

They were/are both lawyers and in fact most NFL officials have excellent professions during the week / away from the field

It's honestly a weak argument - in my opinion - to think greater compensation or demanding they become full time will magically improve their performance

but opinions vary

Chicago looks to mount an insurmountable 10 point lead here prior to the Half. 

Brees can't move the ball down field or in large chunks, the bigger the deficit the worse he would seem to appear. 

I'm not gonna defend NFL officiating bc it's been pretty bad this year

But I've know two NFL officials personally - the late Stan Kemp and his son Alex, both referees (we all come from the same hometown)

I've had conversations with both of them on these arguments

They were/are both lawyers and in fact most NFL officials have excellent professions during the week / away from the field

It's honestly a weak argument - in my opinion - to think greater compensation or demanding they become full time will magically improve their performance

but opinions vary
No, you're right.

I routinely RIP Troy Aikman or giggle my tail off quoting him and Buck in the booth but he eluded to how badly the Bears soft defense inside the 2 minute warning was doing and suddenly the Saints are only down 13-10 going into the Half. 

Pretty observant dude all said. 

No, you're right.
I don't know what the answer is

Stan punted for Michigan in the 1960s and Alex was the punter for my alma mater (we attended the same years)

those guys never seemed to make a bad call

remember this play from the 2011 BCS Championship?

Alex is the side judge at the top of the screen; almost a decade later he still considers that his best moment as an official - and it involved him NOT blowing the whistle

it was a big reason why he moved to the NFL 3 years later when Ed Hochuli and Jeff Triplette retired

IDK what makes a good NFL official tbh but it feels like one of the worst aspects of the overall NFL product

they have to figure out a way to do it better

Users who are viewing this thread