What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2020 Election General*** (3 Viewers)

Fox is just a bunch of people yelling at each other and lying about Trump's lawsuits.  CNN had the news conference with the Pennsylvania Secretary of State and then a lot of Wolf Blitzer interrupting John King to make stupid and irrelevant points.   King doesn't need prompting.   Just let him work.   

Fox is just a bunch of people yelling at each other and lying about Trump's lawsuits.  CNN had the news conference with the Pennsylvania Secretary of State and then a lot of Wolf Blitzer interrupting John King to make stupid and irrelevant points.   King doesn't need prompting.   Just let him work.   
That’s why I love election night on cnn, King is great and he’s 80% of the show. But now it’s way too much of everyone else and I can’t watch

ABC news has been pretty solid, though slow with the calls.  That removes some of the drama and makes me channel surf.  

-Day three bender in full swing.  

Can we talk about AlaskaMathTM? On the NYT map it's saying 56% of expected votes. But when I mouse over each individual county, I don't think there's a county with more than 47% of their vote counted. A couple have less than 5%.

That’s why I love election night on cnn, King is great and he’s 80% of the show. But now it’s way too much of everyone else and I can’t watch
King is awesome. Day 1 one was him for hours straight into the wee hours of the morning. Riveting TV.

Some Dave Wasserman (Cook Report) tweets from the PA press conference:

Don't forget that many Biden voters, esp. African-American voters in Philadelphia/Delaware counties, requested mail ballots but changed their mind amid USPS news and cast a provisional ballot in person. These ballots are likely to have a big impact on the eventual margin. 4:29PM

There you have it: PA SOS Boockvar says "very few" provisional ballots have been counted so far and she doesn't have a firm count and won't speculate. There was always likely to be an unusually large number of these ballots b/c of 2020's circumstances. 4:32PM
You only got a provisional ballot if you did not turn in your mail in ballot at the polls. If you did bring it with you, it was voided and you voted normally and would be included in the regular in-person totals. So few provisional ballots makes sense vs his 1st comment. (I confirmed this in making my own decision)

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Ned
Dang -- that was basically a 12,000 vote drop in 5 minutes.
Whatever it was I think it was about 100% for Biden. Trump's number didn't seem to move.

I think that is important to note also that there are areas of Philly that go 100% to the democrats. 

Edit: nvm. It was a different county and Trump did get a bump.

Florida's flag has made its way onto various apparel as well.
I lived in Florida for 30 years.

I can count the number of times I saw the Florida flag or state outline (not counting college football teams) on a piece of apparel someone was wearing over those 30 years on my two hands.

I didn't say it didn't exist, I just said it utterly pales in comparison to the amount you see the American flag whereas a few hundred years ago it would have been the complete opposite if logo'd apparel were a thing at the time.  I don't doubt there are some exceptions in particularly proud states like Texas or Colorado but as a whole we're talking about an overwhelming disparity here.

Regarding the whole EC abolition debate. Been thinking about this a bit. I'm thinking it's time to go even further. The under populated states have way to much political power in this country. It's really not equitable in the reflection of our society. I'm thinking we need to take a serious look at allocating Senators based on state population like we do House members. It's really the only way we can stop having any progress made in this country from being blocked by states with outsized political influence. Obviously won't be popular with Republicans by and large.
Of course this should happen but it won’t because small states have a lock that would prevent a constitutional amendment.  Which is why we need to start our liberal relocation project.  Move a few liberals from California to Wyoming and we can take those seats.  
I believe we are going to see some relocation.  With CV and working from home, Im betting there will be a number of folks who want to reduce the cost of housing, but want beautiful outdoors.  It would take a flux of them, but places with mountains, lakes, and warmish weather can do it.  The hard part would be propping up the schools for these families as part of the process.  Would need an influx of money.

I could support that, though it would be torture to live through it would split the R vote.  
Honestly feels like we should have 4 parties right now.  Trump Party, the traditional Mitch/Graham/Rubio GOP, the Biden/Clinton/Harris/Pete Centrists Dems and the AOC/Bernie/Warren Left Dems. Not sure how that would shake up our maps but it seems more representative to the country.

Users who are viewing this thread