What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2020 Election General*** (2 Viewers)

What is the expectation on votes from overseas troops? I am unaware of the history but assume they typically vote incumbent CIC? I am curious how the crusade against the generals impacts this vote.

The part in red is very, very close to impossible.

Both party's electors are well-vetted, dyed-in-the-wool long-term state-level party members. It's one thing for, say, a Democratic electoral voter to cast a faithless vote for Pete Buttigieg or Elizabeth Warren**. It's a very different thing for a Democratic electoral voter to cast a faithless vote for Donald Trump.

** and even that is virtually impossible -- the Democratic electoral voters know what's at stake here.
I have no idea on the faithless electors. A lot of people in here wanted a bigger margin of victory because they were worried about that for some reason.  

SMH.  He did this very thing Tuesday night. 

Donald J. Trump  11m

@realDonaldTrump

Joe Biden should not wrongfully claim the office of the President. I could make that claim also. Legal proceedings are just now beginning!

What is the expectation on votes from overseas troops? I am unaware of the history but assume they typically vote incumbent CIC? I am curious how the crusade against the generals impacts this vote.
Historically that has been the case. Surveys of military personnel within the past year, however, have trended toward disapproval of the President. My guess is that they will be split, providing no advantage to either party. 

Biden is still sending out campaign donation requests, ostensibly to top off the legal funds they think will be needed to deal with election related court cases. :shrug:
I am getting requests from Biden multiple times a day. Almost no different then pre-election. 

Speaking of lighting fires. That's a whole lot of money about to be burned.

RNC to raise $60 million to fund Trump legal challenges, says report

The Republican National Committee has reached out donors as it seeks to raise at least $60 million to fund legal challenges brought by President Donald Trump over the results of the US presidential election, two sources familiar with the matter said. The Trump campaign has filed lawsuits in several states following the Nov. 3 election pitting the president against Democrat Joe Biden. “They want $60 million,” said a Republican donor who received solicitations from the RNC.
Unless they are using that money to pay off judges its not going to matter.  They will continue to get laughed out of courts

@realDonaldTrump

Joe Biden should not wrongfully claim the office of the President. I could make that claim also. Legal proceedings are just now beginning!

Last edited by a moderator:
Unreal, Trump is still grifting his supporters, down to the last bitter second: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EmLHy4mXEAQ3my1?format=jpg&name=large
I said pages ago thats what the lawsuits are.  Fundraisers.  
Does the RNC have any leftover campaign money that could be used for the lawsuits, or is it against the law to mix the donations?
The set up a separate fund for the lawsuits, but donors should beware -  contributions can be used (up to a certain amount) to retire existing campaign debt.  Gotta read the fine print.

https://twitter.com/rickhasen/status/1324825242716446725

@realDonaldTrump

I had such a big lead in all of these states late into election night, only to see the leads miraculously disappear as the days went by. Perhaps these leads will return as our legal proceedings move forward!

And perhaps the Detroit Lions will win the Super Bowl.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you think the reason Donald Trump will not concede is due to debt and the fear of lawsuits and criminal Cases ?
No. He's a narcissist. He can't admit defeat. He can't take waking up knowing the world will not be talking about him. For the first time in his life he can't escape through bankruptcy, suing people, scams, bullying, etc. and he doesn't know what to do. 

I have no idea on the faithless electors. A lot of people in here wanted a bigger margin of victory because they were worried about that for some reason.  
Gotcha. Nothing for anyone to concern themselves with even a little bit. No Democratic electoral voter is going to cast a vote for Trump. We can safely talk about it with confidence — that will not happen. No chance.

I had such a big lead in all of these states late into election night, only to see the leads miraculously disappear as the days went by. Perhaps these leads will return as our legal proceedings move forward!

And perhaps the Detroit Lions will win the Super Bowl.
I wouldn't be upset at all if your last sentence happened.

We should talk about Kamala Harris. She is about to be the first female Vice President in our nation’s history. She is the second black person to be taking executive office. That’s pretty historic. 
Also first person with ancestors from Asia  to be vice president.

(Queue Heat Of The Moment and/or Only Time Will Tell jokes)

The part in red is very, very close to impossible.

Both party's electors are well-vetted, dyed-in-the-wool long-term state-level party members. It's one thing for, say, a Democratic electoral voter to cast a faithless vote for Pete Buttigieg or Elizabeth Warren**. It's a very different thing for a Democratic electoral voter to cast a faithless vote for Donald Trump.

** and even that is virtually impossible -- the Democratic electoral voters know what's at stake here.
I mostly agree with this, but if it's just one vote, I could see a LOT of money being deposited into an offshore bank account to try to flip someone

Users who are viewing this thread