What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2020 Election General*** (8 Viewers)

:own3d:  How, in the name of pete, do you book a landscaping company? Were all the Storage locker facilities booked up?
And honestly, how does it never even come up from the other side? Like who is taking that call and not saying “well, we don’t really do press conferences since we’re a landscaping company. I’d have to look into what we’d even charge you.” Or maybe they were so excited they just said they’d do it for free and of course Trump’s side assumed that made sense and went with it. Crazy.

Kamala Harris had long been seen as the most obvious pick. But Biden was wary. Two people who had direct conversations with Biden as recently as February said the former vice president brought up Harris’ aggression at the first debate in which she seemed to imply he was racist. The attack was all the more surprising because of Harris’ friendship with Biden’s late son Beau, who as a fellow state attorney general had developed a close friendship with Harris.

“He was disappointed in her because of her relationship with Beau,” said one of the people who spoke directly to Biden. “They had more than just a political relationship.”

Ultimately, Biden put aside the debate dust-up, listening to his sister Valerie, and, above all, Jill.

“Beau thought really, really highly of her,” a Biden adviser said. “They were genuine friends. And above anything, Joe values Beau’s judgment.”

Harris’ selection injected enthusiasm into the campaign — one of the knocks on Biden — by crystallizing the general election match-up in a way that Biden clinching the nomination hadn’t quite done.

I haven't felt this much hope and optimism in so long. 
In an election against the most hated man in politics ever with record voter turnout, Biden barely won the few states he needed to win, the Dems still couldn't take the Senate, and the Dems lost seats in the House.  

You can't expect this kind of voter turnout in the future and there won't be a Trump to vote out anymore.  Why the hope and optimism?

In an election against the most hated man in politics ever with record voter turnout, Biden barely won the few states he needed to win, the Dems still couldn't take the Senate, and the Dems lost seats in the House.  

You can't expect this kind of voter turnout in the future and there won't be a Trump to vote out anymore.  Why the hope and optimism?
Well, when you put it that way...

I never said both sides were equal.  They're not.
But you painted it as a "media" problem. Its a "right" media problem. There's a ton of great journalism out there that don't deserve the blanket blame. Wapo, NYT, LAT, DMN, and lots of other print media is outstanding. There are a lot of good, not great tv sources, too, but not so much from the right. I'm not being as clear as I intend. Sorry, it is something that chafes me. Its the right causing 80-90% of the out of bounds content and they should get their fair credit for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean, I get people are excited, but Covid doesn’t care what the occasion is. Democrat leaders need to be actual leaders and remind people to not be gathering in groups. They only serve to kill their own credibility by not doing so.
I'm not inviting you over the next time my parents leave town.

Since Election Day, many Trump campaign staffers have been huddled on a noisy floor in the campaign's Arlington, Virginia, headquarters fielding hundreds of calls a day on a hotline the campaign set up as they try to find instances of voter fraud, multiple sources told ABC News.

But the hotline has turned into a nightmare for some, as staffers, some of whom have contracts that expire in the coming days, have been bombarded with prank calls from people laughing or mocking them over Biden's win before hanging up, sources tell ABC News. Prank calling the Trump campaign's hotline has already become a trend on TikTok
:lmao:   :lmao:  

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/inside-trump-campaign-grapples-defeat-plowing-forward-legal/story?id=74082317

NYC is going off.

I mean...the ghost town and millions of ghosts...is going off.
I couldn’t agree more. It is one of these moments where I am so happy to live in this great city. 

Actually, think NYC has been a great place through all the ups and downs through the las several months. No other place I would want to live. 

But you painted it as a "media" problem. Its a "right" media problem. There's a ton of great journalism out there that don't deserve the blanket blame. Wapo, NYT, LAT, DMN, and lots of other print media is outstanding. There are a lot of good, not great tv sources, too, but not so much from the right. I'm not being as clear as I intend. Sorry, it is something that chafes me. Its the right causing 80-90% of the out of bounds content and they should get there fair credit for it.
Fair, though I didn't intend it to frame it as a media problem.  I intended to frame it more as a "there are very legitimate news sources out there that can't reach / aren't reaching a large portion of Americans".

Users who are viewing this thread