What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2020 Election General*** (3 Viewers)

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump 40m

For years the Dems have been preaching how unsafe and rigged our elections have been. Now they are saying what a wonderful job the Trump Administration did in making 2020 the most secure election ever. Actually this is true, except for what the Democrats did. Rigged Election!

So...Trump is saying that the election was the most secure election ever except for the fact that it was rigged.  :confused:

Michigan official says lawsuits filed suggesting voter fraud "provide no evidence to support their claims"

Michigan’s Attorney General Dana Nessel said lawsuits filed in Michigan against state agencies and officials suggesting voter fraud, "provide no evidence to support their claims." 

"Those who continue to push a false narrative claiming our elections were not conducted in a fair, free and transparent manner, or that there is widespread voter fraud, are only trying to erode public confidence in our election system, undermine our democracy and steal the election away from the people of Michigan. The facts simply are not there to support these claims," Nessel said in a press release Friday. 

Additionally, Nessel’s office issued five cease and desist letters to "entities and individuals spreading misinformation during the general election."

Nessel also announced felony charges of voter fraud against a 47-year-old Michigan man who allegedly completed, "signed and submitted his daughter’s absentee voter ballot to his local clerk’s office."

"Signing someone else’s name to a ballot is a felony under state law and spreading misinformation to purposefully interfere with our election and ballot-counting processes is criminal behavior that will not be tolerated. Michigan has multiple layers of review throughout our election process that make it very difficult for a bad actor to commit fraud, which is why it so seldom occurs," Nessel said in the release Friday. 

lol

His big win in PA was for ballots that were never counted in the first place to continue to be excluded because people didn't get their IDs verified in time.
Yeah...read that thread and went to find what the guy was talking about...found it:

https://www.post-gazette.com/news/crime-courts/2020/11/12/trump-campaign-election-2020-presidential-pennsylvania-lawsuit-ballots-late-identification/stories/202011120132

That this is a "big win" to the guy should probably tell you exactly the state of the campaign.

So we're at 1-17 on the lawsuits...is that correct?

ETA:

It is not clear how many mail-in and absentee ballots fall into this category, and the Pennsylvania Department of State declined to comment on how many ballots would be affected. However, these ballots only applied to first-time voters whose identities had not been confirmed before the Nov. 9 deadline.

Last edited by a moderator:

For years the Dems have been preaching how unsafe and rigged our elections have been. Now they are saying what a wonderful job the Trump Administration did in making 2020 the most secure election ever. Actually this is true, except for what the Democrats did. Rigged Election!

So...Trump is saying that the election was the most secure election ever except for the fact that it was rigged.  :confused:
:loco:   Also wasn't it Trump that was making the claim of a rigged election in 2016?

Sweet J said:
Godsbrother said:
According to the president Fox is now part of the lamestream media, now you need to turn to NewsMax to get fair and balanced reporting.
NewMax and One America New Network will compete to be the real voice of the people. Long live the reign of Chanel Somethingorother
I just checked Newsmax and OANN to see how they're covering the election.

Neither site is even covering the election results. No mention of results in North Carolina or Alaska, let alone Arizona or Pennsylvania. There are lots of stories about lawsuits being filed, but zero stories about lawsuits being dismissed. Both sites have a look that evokes Facebook more than they evoke Fox News or any other news site.

Apparently, Newsmax's TV ratings are up 1000% in the past 2 weeks. I'm sure that Fox's ratings have decreased by a corresponding amount. It will be interesting to see how far Fox is willing to go to win back those viewers. Will they try to "out-crazy the crazy"? Or will they finally take some kind of ethical stand and say "good riddance to bad viewers"?

• Sad
Reactions: JAA

Neither site is even covering the election results. No mention of results in North Carolina or Alaska, let alone Arizona or Pennsylvania. There are lots of stories about lawsuits being filed, but zero stories about lawsuits being dismissed. Both sites have a look that evokes Facebook more than they evoke Fox News or any other news site.

Apparently, Newsmax's TV ratings are up 1000% in the past 2 weeks. I'm sure that Fox's ratings have decreased by a corresponding amount. It will be interesting to see how far Fox is willing to go to win back those viewers. Will they try to "out-crazy the crazy"? Or will they finally take some kind of ethical stand and say "good riddance to bad viewers"?
Trump has his sites set on Fox. Rumor has it he will buy one of these news channels and go directly against Fox. It should be good for the Dems and the country frankly. 

What might one hit when this far off the rails?? :loco:

Trump has his sites set on Fox. Rumor has it he will buy one of these news channels and go directly against Fox. It should be good for the Dems and the country frankly. 
He won't buy a network. I doubt he has the money.

I think the more likely scenario is that he licenses his name and image to rebrand OANN or possibly Newsmax as TrumpTV (Trump America News Network?) — basically the same arrangement that he had with all of those Trump-named buildings and businesses that he didn't really own. He gets all the fame but none of the liability when the whole thing comes crashing down after the rest of the Republican party moves on.

I've felt like this the last 4 years. I really do not understand how Trump got elected in the first place. 
He's really good at lying, and there are a lot of credulous people out there (for a variety of reasons) that really want to believe anyone who will tell them what they want to hear.

I can't believe this is reality.

Every bizarre thing in history that I've ever questioned as to "how could people have possibly believed that at the time?", I now understand.
I was thinking of this the other day. When I heard stuff about Kim Jong-il bowling a perfect game, making 11 holes in one and writing 1500 books it made me wonder how could the North Korean people believe that? Then Trump came along and has millions of people believing his schtick. I still don't really get the "how" part though.

I was thinking of this the other day. When I heard stuff about Kim Jong-il bowling a perfect game, making 11 holes in one and writing 1500 books it made me wonder how could the North Korean people believe that? Then Trump came along and has millions of people believing his schtick. I still don't really get the "how" part though.
That's exactly what I was thinking of as well.  I remember the thread in the FFA when Kim Jong said he completed a whole round of golf with all hole in ones.  We were all laughing at the insane reality of the world over there.  But the reality now is that Trump could say the same thing and 30% of America would argue to the death that it was true.

LINK

Jenna Ellis tweeted yesterday “If Joe Biden is so confident he won legally and legitimately, why is he so afraid of proving it?”

I didn’t realize candidates had to validate that they won elections. How about if she is so confident Biden didn’t win the election, why not provide evidence that he actually lost?

This is a great 8 minute listen that covers some of this...

https://www.opb.org/article/2020/11/12/what-protectors-of-democracy-can-learn-from-the-history-of-italian-fascism/

LINK

Jenna Ellis tweeted yesterday “If Joe Biden is so confident he won legally and legitimately, why is he so afraid of proving it?”

I didn’t realize candidates had to validate that they won elections. How about if she is so confident Biden didn’t win the election, why not provide evidence that he actually lost?
Yeah, that's right, just, uh, roll her old bones on over here, and I'll dig up your daughter. You know that's school policy.

Yeah...read that thread and went to find what the guy was talking about...found it:

https://www.post-gazette.com/news/crime-courts/2020/11/12/trump-campaign-election-2020-presidential-pennsylvania-lawsuit-ballots-late-identification/stories/202011120132

That this is a "big win" to the guy should probably tell you exactly the state of the campaign.

So we're at 1-17 on the lawsuits...is that correct?

ETA:

PA allowed provisional ballots to people who insisted they were properly registered, even though the records didn't support it, knowing that the validity of those ballots could be determined later. If the provisional ballots hadn't been allowed, the Trump litigation team would have been in court screaming that PA stopped those legitimate voters from casting their ballots for him. So, congratulations Team Trump, you've achieved the big win of stopping PA from counting ballots it didn't want to count.

PA allowed provisional ballots to people who insisted they were properly registered, even though the records didn't support it, knowing that the validity of those ballots could be determined later. If the provisional ballots hadn't been allowed, the Trump litigation team would have been in court screaming that PA stopped those legitimate voters from casting their ballots for him. So, congratulations Team Trump, you've achieved the big win of stopping PA from counting ballots it didn't want to count.
Just as important (sadly) is that this outcome doesn't have anything to do with fraud.

:lmao:   Awesome...I love it when the color is added to the story and the context provided.  Had no idea what the circumstance was that these ballots existed.  Thanks for the clarification.  Obviously this is a HUGE win for Trump.

Their hate is misplaced though. Corporate America killed rural America. Not atheist liberals. Trump is Corporate America. These people should be banding together and forcing Corporate America to stop prioritizing stock holders over workers. Good paying jobs fix nearly all of their problems. These people don't care if they are drilling for oil or building wind farms as long as they are making good money so they can live happy lives. 

Newsmax’s ratings increase is likely because they were included in the DirecTV election coverage grid. My wife was watching that channel and sometimes watched their coverage. I’m sure they gained a lot of viewers as a conservative alternative to Fox.

how did Jim Jones get all those people to drink the Kool Aid? how did David Koresh convince all those people to stay and die with him in Waco? I think part of the population feel like they have no control over their lives, so they're happy when someone comes along and tells them, "Don't worry, I've got you. Do exactly as I say, and everything will be alright." all they have to do is follow, and it gives them a purpose.

I've been looking forward to this all week - tonight, for the first time in my life, I am making Philly Cheesesteaks!  An homage to the state that brought home the election for Biden (well, one of them, but a cheesesteak just sounds soooooooooooo good).
its all about the whiz

I could be wrong but I think only Georgia and Wisconsin are inside the recount threshold. 
In Wisconsin, the counties are canvassing now and are all getting their ducks in a row for a recount if it happens.  The deadline (I believe) is 11/17.  About 75% of the canvassing is complete, with no meaningful change so far (Trump lost a few hundred votes in one county due to a typo in reporting the unofficial results).  If the result of the canvassing is within 1% (which will almost certainly be the case), a candidate may request a recount within 3 days.  The GOP has indicated it will do so, but I think that is still a very open question.  If the result of the canvassing is under .25% difference, the state pays for the recount.  It seems mostly likely the result will be greater than .25%, but less than 1%, which means the requesting party (Trump campaign) will have to pay the estimated $3mil cost for a recount.  That's a surprising number to me, but that's about what it cost in 2016 (Stein campaign requested it, but the Democrats/Clinton campaign reportedly paid for it.)  Given that cost, it truly seems like a fool's errand.  My guess is we will not have a recount in Wisconsin.

how did Jim Jones get all those people to drink the Kool Aid? how did David Koresh convince all those people to stay and die with him in Waco? I think part of the population feel like they have no control over their lives, so they're happy when someone comes along and tells them, "Don't worry, I've got you. Do exactly as I say, and everything will be alright." all they have to do is follow, and it gives them a purpose.
How do those TV evangelists do what they do? :wall:

Users who are viewing this thread