Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***Official 2020 Election General***

hagmania

Just now, Joe Summer said:

A Pennsylvania judge has just ruled in favor of counting 2349 challenged ballots which had been properly signed and postmarked, but were improperly dated by the voter.

The Trump campaign loses another case.

Is it now at 1-26?

Speaking of Pennsylvania, the judge cancelled the evidentiary hearing that was initially scheduled for tomorrow. They also set a schedule of when motions and reply briefs can be filed over the next few days. I am not one of those law talking guys, but from that can we determine that is probably not a good development for Team Trump . . . or is it too soon to tell?

10 minutes ago, Sideshow Bob said:

TONS of it.

Trump accused Ted Cruz of Fraud when he won Iowa iirc

He then accused every Republican running against him of fraud, because the only way he could lose the primary was if it was rigged

He then accused the Dems of fraud because his fragile ego couldn't lose the popular vote

This is what he does because he has to have an excuse for losing. If there was fraud in this election, the people responsible should be locked in a room with Trump for a year as punishment. And maybe then hanged. But forgive me for thinking for a second that I could almost live with the boy who cried wolf being eaten by his own invention.

And he claimed Hillary getting the Dem nomination was a fix. Basically any result he doesn’t like, he calls it fake or a hoax or a fraud. He’s a broken record.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ilov80s said:

And he claimed Hillary getting the Dem nomination was a fix. Basically any result he doesn’t like, he calls it fake or a hoax or a fraud. He’s a broken record.

Don't forget what HRC said about him not winning an Emmy for The Apprentice. Rigged again

Edited by Osaurus
  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1

39 minutes ago, NorvilleBarnes said:

Trump. By far. But then again I don't think Biden writes any of his own tweets. If you listen the man talk, and then read his tweets - that's at least two different people. 

I also don't think it's relevant to the point about Twitters bias.

For those of you who don't believe Twitter, and other social media, have a left leaning bias: do you also dispute the ideas of a liberal media? A liberal Hollywood? Academia?

I mean is Twitter somehow your Alamo here or is all of it just bAsElEsS AcCuSatIoNs!?

I think all media has bias in some form or another.  I think the big to do about these things isn't about the bias.....it's about (some...not all) power brokers in Republican/Conservative/Trump camp don't like that they don't have control over the current big distributors of media/news/social conditioning.     If Twitter and Facebooks "ban hammers" were more in line with the political narratives in places like NewsMaz, Oan, Brietbart....they wouldn't be leading a crusade over fairness in the media.

On 11/11/2020 at 2:05 PM, Morton Muffley said:

If that is the end game the stock market tanks,

On 11/11/2020 at 2:05 PM, Morton Muffley said:

I

Which is precisely why if the GOP doesn't get this under control within the next 7 days that the most powerful people in the world WILL.  Because, you know who collectively  1) doesn't want a civil war and 2) has more sway over the GOP than Trump?

• Jamie Dimon
  • Tim Cook
  • Larry Page
  • Jeff Bezos
  • Warren
  • Doug McMillon
  • 40 more CEOs

If the above group thinks for one second that this has even the slightest chance of getting ugly, then they will assert THEIR considerable power over our senators and congressmen.  And to be clear I am not saying that the above group holds any special sway over the GOP, they have the same power over the Dems if the Dems were thinking about pulling this crap.  I honestly cannot imagine the Civil War of 1861-1865 occurring if there were many multi-national corporations at that time. 

And fwiw, knowing the power wielded by the above group doesn't always enable me to sleep well at night, but it does in this instance.

thought this was a great post, then noticed it was 7 days old, so......

still think it's insightful.

but even if trump is dragged out on 1/20/21 i don't think the stock market will tank, might be a bad few days prior, then back up again.

more concerned culturally and personally about the alternate realities we're experiencing.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ilov80s said:

The Wayne County thing is fascinating. The 2 Republican board members looked horrible. In a very diverse county, they pretty much were exposed as openly racist. The one guy has FB posts calling Obama a Muslim President and complaining about Muslims moving to his town. He told the people on Zoom for the public virtual meeting that he wouldn’t call on them if he couldn’t pronounce their names. Then despite that other mostly white cities had a bigger discrepancy and these discrepancies are normal, the only city they had issue with was Detroit. The snakes are being fully exposed. 

Maybe Q was on to something about exposing the people that want to bring America down.

38 minutes ago, Sideshow Bob said:

TONS of it.

Trump accused Ted Cruz of Fraud when he won Iowa iirc

He then accused every Republican running against him of fraud, because the only way he could lose the primary was if it was rigged

He then accused the Dems of fraud because his fragile ego couldn't lose the popular vote

This is what he does because he has to have an excuse for losing. If there was fraud in this election, the people responsible should be locked in a room with Trump for a year as punishment. And maybe then hanged. But forgive me for thinking for a second that I could almost live with the boy who cried wolf being eaten by his own invention.

Pretty sure this was made illegal at the Geneva Convention.

• Laughing 1

35 minutes ago, Joe Summer said:

A Pennsylvania judge has just ruled in favor of counting 2349 challenged ballots which had been properly signed and postmarked, but were improperly dated by the voter.

The Trump campaign loses another case.

Those votes should count.  ballot was submitted on time with a valid signature of an eligible voter.  COUNT IT.  Just because the voter got the date wrong (why is there a date that the voter has to fill in anyway?) doesn't mean that the ballot is invalid and shouldn't be counted.  It's discrimination against people with memory or numerology issues.

• Laughing 1

59 minutes ago, Mystery Achiever said:

Hey, guys, can we get back to  the topic instead of a broad discussion on  social media censorship?

Trump campaign will be pursuing a recount in just two Milwaukee counties. For the bargain price of $3 mil ( instead of the $8 mil the whole state would cost)
https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/politics/elections/2020/11/18/trump-campaign-seek-partial-recount-wisconsin/6339193002/

Edited 46 minutes ago by Mystery Achiever

milwaukee is pretty great but it aint a state yet even though i keep asking the federal government and every year they say swcer petition denied take that to the bank brohans 

37 minutes ago, Uwe Blab said:
42 minutes ago, Mystery Achiever said:

They need to find 20,655 votes in Wisconsin. Recounts have never swapped more than a few hundred. It doesn't matter where they count.
Also like the PA suit(s), this is just more political theater and delay tactics.

Yeah I think the whole strategy is a) poison the well enough to try to pressure the legislators to assign electoral voters and/or b) fundraise personally for Trump Co. and never have to admit to a loss

OR:

c) poison the well enough to destroy confidence in the voting process, to destroy confidence in the government in general, and to destroy confidence in the laws which regulate both.

Just now, Mystery Achiever said:
2 minutes ago, SWC said:

milwaukee is pretty great but it aint a state yet even though i keep asking the federal government and every year they say swcer petition denied take that to the bank brohans 

:lol: Hey, I tried! I'll edit.

i appreciate your help and welcome you to the swc make milwaukee a state again team we decided on make milwaukee a state again even though it was never a state to start with because the other slogan option from our marketing team was save big money at milwaukee and menards threatened to sue us take that to the bank bromigos 

1 minute ago, Gr00vus said:
2 minutes ago, Sea Duck said:

OR:

c) poison the well enough to destroy confidence in the voting process, to destroy confidence in the government in general, and to destroy confidence in the laws which regulate both.

And then?

Then a charismatic leader comes along and says "You can't trust anything or anyone....except me."

• Thinking 1

Just now, Sideshow Bob said:
8 minutes ago, 2Squirrels1Nut said:

Pretty sure this was made illegal at the Geneva Convention.

Geneva, WI? Otherwise, we don't care. We're making AMERICA great.

if you are in geneva wisconsin you are pretty much making wisconsin illinois again cripes that joint is like little chicago down there land of the fibs take that to the bank brohans 

• Love 1
  • Laughing 1

1 hour ago, NorvilleBarnes said:

We're cool. My post was mostly to set up the punchline response to Capella immediately following. I'm also cool with Capella and did not actually report him. It was "humor", sorry you missed it.

I don't participate in boards that are mostly conservative (agreement is boring af honestly) but if I did, and a conservative friend suddenly started posting liberal views, I imagine I'd feel pretty much what you're experiencing. Cheers.

I got the joke, but I still felt bad.

• Love 1

1 minute ago, SWC said:

if you are in geneva wisconsin you are pretty much making wisconsin illinois again cripes that joint is like little chicago down there land of the fibs take that to the bank brohans 

Too bad it shares a county with awful Elkhorn, aka Speedtrap USA

43 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

And I don’t know why people don’t keep bringing this up so I will. After he won he set up a voter fraud commission of hand-picked people to look into all that fraud he’d been whining about during the 2016 run up.  You know what those hand-picked Partisan people found?   Nada, zip, zilch.  It disbanded after 6 months because they couldn’t find a shred of what was being accused.  

• Like 4

it was wrong of Facebook/Twitter to allow all of the disinformation to flow freely in 2016.  It was wrong of them to overly moderate their platforms in 2020.  They haven't found that happy medium yet, but I can guarantee when they do, people will still whine about it.  Frankly, they are closer to it now than they were back then.

Day 15...

The sun is beginning to peek out from behind the clouds, I saw it behind Jim Acosta on the news. This is the election that never ends, it just goes on and on, my friends. The dogs are finally fed up with us all, and decided to sign up to be election recount observers to cut through the nonsense.* I snuck a spy camera onto one of their collars, and was able to get a little footage from the counting floor.

*Literary license. They’ve been fed up with humans since they lost all that money betting on the RIGGED Puppy Bowl 5 years ago. Always bet on black...labs.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Osaurus said:

Too bad it shares a county with awful Elkhorn, aka Speedtrap USA

if you mix up the letters in elkhorn you get lhonker which as most know is french for the duck and everyone knows what ducks are known for and that is crapping on stuff and that accruately sums up elkhorn which is why its founders chose the name take that to the bank bromigos 

• Laughing 6

if i was the founder of a city i would name it brohanlandia and it would be one hell of a cool place to be and the national anthem of brohanlandia would be brandy by looking glass and the national car would be a 1966 dodge charger and we would all be cool to one another and just live and let live and follow the path of the brohan and when i would sit down at the end of the day on my porch looking out at brohanlandia i would say brohans it is good it is all really good take that to the bank bromigos 

Edited by SWC
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Laughing 2

5 hours ago, Rich Conway said:

I don't know what "shadow banning" or "de-platforming" mean.  I would consider suspending the same thing as fact-checking; if a poster consistently violates the terms of service, they shouldn't complain they're being picked on unfairly when Twitter takes action.

Just for the record - 

"Shadow banning" means that someone is banned from using the site, but is generally unaware of it.  To them, they believe they are using the site normally, able to tweet, interact, retweet, etc.  However, no one can actually see what they're posting.  It'd be like if you were posting on FBGs, you can see all of your responses, and as far as you know you're part of the conversation, but no one can see any of your comments and can't interact with you.

"Deplatforming" is essentially a more all-encompassing form of a social media site, like Twitter, taking steps to actively remove someone from their platform.....i.e. "deplatforming" them.  This could range from something like shadow banning, but could also be an outright ban or suspension, or arguably even fact-checking tweets.  Any steps taken by the social media site to limit the influence, limit the exposure, etc. of a specific person to the masses could be considered deplatforming.  For example, Milo Yiannopoulos has been deplatformed by Twitter and Facebook.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bamboo Bill said:

Update:

Biden's leads:

AZ: 10K
GA: 14K
WI: 20K
NV: 34K
PA: 83K
MI: 147K

Biden now leads Trump nationally by 5.8 million and is the only candidate to ever hit 79 million votes.

Funny that AZ is the slimmest lead and was the first of those states to be called by a couple outlets.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

28 minutes ago, Steve Tasker said:

Just for the record - 

"Shadow banning" means that someone is banned from using the site, but is generally unaware of it.  To them, they believe they are using the site normally, able to tweet, interact, retweet, etc.  However, no one can actually see what they're posting.  It'd be like if you were posting on FBGs, you can see all of your responses, and as far as you know you're part of the conversation, but no one can see any of your comments and can't interact with you.

"Deplatforming" is essentially a more all-encompassing form of a social media site, like Twitter, taking steps to actively remove someone from their platform.....i.e. "deplatforming" them.  This could range from something like shadow banning, but could also be an outright ban or suspension, or arguably even fact-checking tweets.  Any steps taken by the social media site to limit the influence, limit the exposure, etc. of a specific person to the masses could be considered deplatforming.  For example, Milo Yiannopoulos has been deplatformed by Twitter and Facebook.

I learned something today.  If the description here of deplatforming is accurate, such that it can encompass any of full ban, "shadow ban", or fact-checking, it seems fairly useless as a way of categorizing or counting, though.

12 minutes ago, The Football Freak said:

Indeed. I’d love to know what AP saw to call Arizona so early.

I have a lot of respect for that FOX nerd who called it early.  He was confident and sure the whole time; even when he was getting questions and a bit of pressure from the anchors.  That guy nailed it.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Steve Tasker said:

Just for the record - 

Shadow Banning is awesome.  If you were really obtuse, you could probably go a year before you realized that no one ever reacts to anything you say.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Thunderlips said:

I have a lot of respect for that FOX nerd who called it early.  He was confident and sure the whole time; even when he was getting questions and a bit of pressure from the anchors.  That guy nailed it.  

Oh, really. I’m going to have to dig up some coverage. That makes the Fox call make more sense to me. 

35 minutes ago, Steve Tasker said:

Just for the record - 

This is like the episode of Black Mirror with Jon Hamm. White Christmas. 

6 minutes ago, Rich Conway said:

I learned something today.  If the description here of deplatforming is accurate, such that it can encompass any of full ban, "shadow ban", or fact-checking, it seems fairly useless as a way of categorizing or counting, though.

I think it tends to be more related to hate speech, but if we're being honest, many of the right-wing snowflake martyr types will frame any infringement on their "right" to use a certain platform as attempted deplatforming.  Here's what Wikipedia has to say about it.  I'm not sure there's a true "definition", depends on how you want to frame it.

Pretty sad that they were called racists and that they and their families were threatened. No matter who you are, this stuff just isn’t that important.

From what I can tell it’s not clear if they can actually rescind their vote. Might be too late but this broke really late last night and I haven’t seen any really solid analysis of that question.

6 hours ago, Sea Duck said:

Two members of the Wayne County Board Of Elections have now asked to rescind their vote certification from yesterday. :loco:

https://twitter.com/DonovanSlack/status/1329277981492191232

Both sides are being threatened: Wayne County canvassers doxxed and threatened over votes

More context, and

>> Even Palmer said she not expect the discrepancies to affect that outcome of the elections.

"We were not delaying the inevitable," she told the Free Press Wednesday. "We knew the margin of victory was not going to change. The purpose of the canvass is to obtain complete and accurate documentation and verify the vote totals."<<

8 minutes ago, whoknew said:

Its just amazing that Trump can get all of these people to be accomplices to his grift. And that they are so willing to undermine our democracy. Shame on all of them.

Yep.  You read about cults of personality all through history and think "not here".  Welllll, yes here...we're not special in that regard.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

summary from the NYT of some of the threats and menacing messages to election workers. 

One has to wonder what's going through Wayne county canvassing board member William Hartmann's mind:

>> Mr. Hartmann had filled his Facebook page with false allegations and conspiracy theories that the vote was manipulated against the president. One post included allegations about malfeasance in Detroit that a judge has called “not credible,” and another featured a video promoting a cornucopia of fraud allegations — including against Detroit — that have unraveled in court or been debunked by election officials. Mr. Hartmann also promoted a video from the right-wing cable network One America News that Facebook flagged as having “false information” about the coronavirus death rate.

Tuesday’s inflammatory meeting also drew attention to Mr. Hartmann’s social media feeds, where old posts showed racist depictions of President Barack Obama, whom Mr. Hartmann once referred to as a “Muslim President” (Mr. Obama is Christian). <<

If Mr. Hartmann were applying for his job today, those posts would be disqualifying. 

Edited by SoBeDad
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1