What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2020 Election General*** (2 Viewers)

I’ve thought about it and I don’t care.  Any chance that neighboring county that’s predominantly white also being predominantly republican?

Stop using the word, stop going right there.  It really needs to be blatant, white hood on, racism, otherwise you’re just going to get a wall put up by the other side.  Go with prejudice if absolutely needed, but claims of racism just do not accomplish anything productive.  It is way too damning a word.  And, yes, I saw the bit about posts of Obama = Muslim.  Horrible, wrong, inappropriate...still, stick with election fraud as the main thrust against 
Disagree. The fact is that Trump’s legal team is targeting black voting:
Tim, your first post was a bit hyperbolic but justifiable. But this is just ridiculous.

Trump isn't targeting black voting. He's targeting anything and everything. The fact that he's filed numerous lawsuits in Arizona is proof that your theory is just wrong.

Context

1) This election had the largest voter turnout in all of American political history

2) This election had the largest number of mail in ballots distributed, issued and used in all of American political history

3) This election had the pandemic, which caused all kinds of circumstances never seen before in American political history

You want to compare an election where none of these were factors to this current one and line them up to do what exactly?

We can do it your way and the way of some of the liberals here who are shouting "Well, close enough" Sure, and long after all of us are dead and your children's children are voting or can't vote because it all started with "Well, close enough", would you be OK with that?

The choices we make today determines what kind of world that my godson gets to live in long after I die. And your kids long after you die. That has to mean more than just Orange Man Bad. But maybe for you, it's not.

Any of you with kids in here, is your rage against Trump worth the risk of the kind of legacy that's left for your kids? ( But more Trump will ruin our children! Then Gondor will be overrun and Rohan alone won't stop them!  And Liv Tyler got so fat we could only put her in a cameo in the third movie because she was actually bigger than Aragorn's horse! )

The process endures long after we die and even after Trump dies and even after Sam Hinkie dies. Poison that and whatever the worse that you think of Donald J Trump wins.

Ironic isn't it? You are arguing with me to let you let Trump win.  Repeating Orange Man Bad has blinded you from seeing I'm actually defending your virtue more than you are yourself.

Be the change you want to see in the world.
"Landslide"

I don't see any evidence that Twitter has a left-leaning effect apart from whatever left-leaning effect is inherent to communication based on written text. But I'm just a user; I haven't rigorously analyzed anything.
Ummmm, didn't you see his proof on this several pages ago?

Trump tweeted on November 16th he "Won" the election. Twitter flagged the post as untruthful. NorvilleBarnes said the post was untruthful. SEE, twitter has a liberal bias!

Now don't you feel silly, Maurile?

Any of you with kids in here, is your rage against Trump worth the risk of the kind of legacy that's left for your kids? ( But more Trump will ruin our children! Then Gondor will be overrun and Rohan alone won't stop them!  And Liv Tyler got so fat we could only put her in a cameo in the third movie because she was actually bigger than Aragorn's horse! )

The process endures long after we die and even after Trump dies and even after Sam Hinkie dies. Poison that and whatever the worse that you think of Donald J Trump wins.

Ironic isn't it? You are arguing with me to let you let Trump win.  Repeating Orange Man Bad has blinded you from seeing I'm actually defending your virtue more than you are yourself.
"???"

- Nick Young

Disagree. The fact is that Trump’s legal team is targeting black voting: in Michigan, in Pennsylvania, in Wisconsin. In all of those states  he’s also being beaten in white suburbs but he’s not targeting those areas in his lawsuits because he needs to maintain the fiction that white people love him and because it’s easier to sell the notion to people that black areas are more corrupt, that their vote is somehow less legitimate, shouldn’t count. 
It’s blatant racism and needs to be called out. If that pisses people off, sorry. It’s still racism. 
This is so true. Trump actually did better in the big cities in 2020 then 2016. His lost is solely because his vote collapsed in suburbs.  Basically, he is blaming his loss on these cities and their primary residents since it plays with his base and his racist attitudes vs. the reality that his ideas/policies were rejected by historically republican suburbs. 

Joe Summer said:
Tim, your first post was a bit hyperbolic but justifiable. But this is just ridiculous.

Trump isn't targeting black voting. He's targeting anything and everything. The fact that he's filed numerous lawsuits in Arizona is proof that your theory is just wrong.
I don’t think it proves it. He’s fighting everywhere he can win (which as it turns out is nowhere.) But in his tweets he specifically attacks the voting in Philadelphia and Detroit. 

Redwes25 said:
This is so true. Trump actually did better in the big cities in 2020 then 2016. His lost is solely because his vote collapsed in suburbs.  Basically, he is blaming his loss on these cities and their primary residents since it plays with his base and his racist attitudes vs. the reality that his ideas/policies were rejected by historically republican suburbs. 
Exactly.  The suburbs cost Trump the election.

12,284 votes.

gets certified tomorrow.

That means GA, AZ, and Michigan all soon to be certified.

That should be ballgame.
They are just going to move on to another bigger challenge. There are no signs whatsoever that Trump, his supporters or the National GOP are giving up on this. 

Greedo said:
Guaranteed. My guess, based on his history, the entire population of California and New York get zero doses while he’s still in the White House. Probably Minnesota as well.
Can almost bank on that.  Super petty.  Totally his M.O.

##Just breaking things up a bit##

When I was in HS, before C, I scored this office job for the summer.  It was pretty great. Lots of cake. I don't mean slang cake, I'm talking birthday cakes. Anyhow, good looking single women everywhere.  I went to many happy hours with them. I always had a suit on, blended in.

My last day they had a party. I hooked up with a 24 yo woman still so far out of my league that I can't believe it.  You would recognize her. :ph34r: Drank more. Hooked up with another 24yo from the office later. She made me aware that she knew she was second.

Why can't every day be like that?

##Sorry, thought we needed a break##

• Laughing
Reactions: Neo
You may think it's embarrassing, and I may think it's embarrassing, and millions of other people may think it's embarrassing......but there are others in this wide country who have described it, with all apparent sincerity, as "showmanship."
Well then it's embarrassing for them too. The guy had hair dye dripping down both sides of his head and then rubbed snot all over his face. 

##Just breaking things up a bit##

When I was in HS, before C, I scored this office job for the summer.  It was pretty great. Lots of cake. I don't mean slang cake, I'm talking birthday cakes. Anyhow, good looking single women everywhere.  I went to many happy hours with them. I always had a suit on, blended in.

My last day they had a party. I hooked up with a 24 yo woman still so far out of my league that I can't believe it.  You would recognize her. :ph34r: Drank more. Hooked up with another 24yo from the office later. She made me aware that she knew she was second.

Why can't every day be like that?

##Sorry, thought we needed a break##
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Gm705Itp2OU

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t hear anyone on the left complaining crying and moaning about the electoral college now like they were in 2016. Saying then how bad it was and is and needs to be gotten rid of and replaced with the popular vote to decide the outcome of an election. Oh, because their candidate allegedly secured the necessary electoral college votes to win the election this time. If the left is not worried about any fraud or wrong doings in the voting process then let President Trump exhaust all his options that he is afforded under the law to look into and have the results throughly vetted and double checked. The hypocrisy of the left knows no bounds or has no limits in just about everything they say and do.  

I don’t hear anyone on the left complaining crying and moaning about the electoral college now like they were in 2016. Saying then how bad it was and is and needs to be gotten rid of and replaced with the popular vote to decide the outcome of an election. Oh, because their candidate allegedly secured the necessary electoral college votes to win the election this time. If the left is not worried about any fraud or wrong doings in the voting process then let President Trump exhaust all his options that he is afforded under the law to look into and have the results throughly vetted and double checked. The hypocrisy of the left knows no bounds or has no limits in just about everything they say and do.  
You need to keep reading - lots of people on the left still saying the EC is dumb.  And I agree with them.  And there’s been zero evidence of widespread fraud unless you count what Trump is currently doing.

There have been posts in quite a few threads that are still saying the EC needs to go...and that its outdated.   The candidate also won the popular vote by a very wide margin.

Exhaust all options does not mean continue to lie and make things up to drag things out...it does not mean continue to push division in this country to a boiling point.

None of this is showing "hypocrisy" on the left whatsoever.

The EC is a vestige of an agrarian past and should be abolished. 

Exhaust all options does not mean continue to lie and make things up to drag things out...it does not mean continue to push division in this country to a boiling point.
This.  The president is well within his rights to ask for recounts and pursue challenges in court.  What we've seen is ridiculous press conferences where they throw a bunch of conspiracy theories against wall, point to it and say the election was stolen.  If you have the proof, present it in court, and let the process play out.  Instead the president's legal team has either lost or withdrawn the cases they've filed.

As Americans we should demand that anyone stating our election process is rigged and fraudulent prove it --  it's not too much to ask is it? 

Biden voter, I still think the Electoral College should be abolished.

I have no issue with trump requesting re-counts where applicable, or going to court where he has a realistic avenue to do so.  I just think it's ridiculous that as the recounts show he lost, and as the courts throw out his cases, that he's resorting to unsubstantiated conspiracies and naked power plays.  There has to be a line somewhere, at what point can we agree that just repeating the newest conspiracy theory found on the deep recesses of the internet and demanding it investigated is counter-productive, and damaging to the country?  This idea that whatever madness that comes out  of him and his team is worthy of consideration and requires significant investigation is beyond absurd.  It will go on forever if we don't eventually accept that none of this is resulting in proof of mass fraud or corruption.  

Then you aren't paying attention or listening very well or both.  :shrug:  

This.  The president is well within his rights to ask for recounts and pursue challenges in court.  What we've seen is ridiculous press conferences where they throw a bunch of conspiracy theories against wall, point to it and say the election was stolen.  If you have the proof, present it in court, and let the process play out.  Instead the president's legal team has either lost or withdrawn the cases they've filed.

As Americans we should demand that anyone stating our election process is rigged and fraudulent prove it --  it's not too much to ask is it? 
@SoBeDad posted this in the Trump 2020 thread...which I have vowed not to post in...but it relates to this...

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/776645-trump-2020-hq-the-great-place/?do=findComment&comment=23095043

Its crap by Trump...its creating rift's in people's relationships as people continue to believe Trump and his people...and cannot be convinced otherwise.  All so Trump can "stick it to Democrats".  He is sticking it to Americans...because they disagree with him and questioned him at all.

I love the misuse of the term "the process".

It's like claiming that an attempted armed bank robbery is "the process" of making a withdrawal. No, there are rules and boundaries within which one acts -- and no, it;s not right, good and proper to flout those rules and boundaries so that you can "win" in the end.

Otherwise, we're just down to "might makes right", "... life of man [is] ... poor, nasty, brutish, and short", and all of that.

Really?  Given Biden got 6mm more votes then Trump I have sure heard a lot about it.  There would be no insane debate about GA, PA, etc. if we just used the popular vote.

We've been saying it needs adjustment throughout. I'm all for an adjustment to the EC to better reflect current population distribution. I don't think we should get rid of it entirely, as we don't want to completely eliminate representation for significant minority portions of the electorate.

I take it then that you too are for changing the EC?

:goodposting:

And now there needs to be a more aggressive pushback against these peddlers of false claims, bogus information and lies especially now that we are on the verge of two full weeks since the announcement was made with zero evidence.. We need consequences for the people pushing this stuff once it's all said and done.  

I don't see the EC going anywhere. There is no way to get rid of it without substantial support from the GOP, and if they went by popular vote there might not be another Republican president in our lifetimes.

I don’t think it was either. It’s a recognition that for a republic too much democracy is dangerous. The EC, Constitution, and judicial system were all designed as bulwarks against unlimited majority rule. 
The EC is important and should be maintained. 
I'll need to do my own history reading on this. Am I understanding the theory is that having 2 people (e.g. Michigan) with ability to thwart popular vote is less risky than managing to popular vote? That's really counter intuitive. Maybe the point is EC without possibility of faithless electors makes sense for a republic. That I see.

I don’t think it was either. It’s a recognition that for a republic too much democracy is dangerous. The EC, Constitution, and judicial system were all designed as bulwarks against unlimited majority rule. 
The EC is important and should be maintained. 
This is ridiculous. With the advent of technology and politicians being able to reach every citizen now through multiple forms of media it is no longer relevant.

Users who are viewing this thread