What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2020 Election General*** (3 Viewers)

Their goal is to get the legislatures to choose different electors.  

This idea was floated on social media 4 years ago by the left, (Hamilton electors) but I don’t believe any real effort was made to try and get this to happen at that time.
Oh, I see.  The idea was bought up by an unnamed Democrat at one time, so this makes it 'All Good'.

So far this town hall in PA is a whole lot of talk with no real specifics. The witnesses they are calling forward have yet to offer that they saw anything illegal or fraud worthy. 

Guiliani’s opening statement was more if the sane from his other press conference. Lots of accusations but no real evidence whatsoever. Sorry but it’s kinda embarrassing. 

Their goal is to get the legislatures to choose different electors.  

This idea was floated on social media 4 years ago by the left, (Hamilton electors) but I don’t believe any real effort was made to try and get this to happen at that time.
Oh, I see.  The idea was bought up by an unnamed Democrat at one time, so this makes it 'All Good'.
Look, there's nothing wrong with acknowledging that there were lots of people — ranging from message board users to prominent politicians — who explored, discussed, and even promoted the idea of using various technicalities to prevent Donald Trump from being inaugurated in 2017. I remember quite a few of those discussions in this very forum.

But, as with the Birther conspiracy, there is a huge, huge, huge difference between "floating an idea" and "adopting it as official strategy."

Say what you want about bitter Hillary supporters: at least they didn't fabricate evidence and try to insult the judicial system with it. At least they recognized that making an end run around democracy was a bad idea.

So far this town hall in PA is a whole lot of talk with no real specifics. The witnesses they are calling forward have yet to offer that they saw anything illegal or fraud worthy. 

Guiliani’s opening statement was more if the sane from his other press conference. Lots of accusations but no real evidence whatsoever. Sorry but it’s kinda embarrassing. 
Kinda?

Let's unpack this.  Giuliani - who was exposed on film by Sasha Baron Cohen for asking what he thought to be a 15 year old girl up to his room for drinks before 'tucking his shirtail in' just days prior to the election - started off this legal brewhaha with a press conference held at a seedy landscaping business located next to a dildo shop and a crematorium.   From there, Trump's legal team - piloted by a man who looks like a The Penguin and has started leaking brake fluid from his temples - has gone a Rod Marinelliesque 1 and 40 something in the courts.  His wingwoman - a one Sidney Powell who has the perpetual countenance of a "Who Farted" expression and continues to tell anybody who will listen 'she HAS something', but needs more time to say what that something is - has essentially been fired by The Donald who wants nothing to do with her 'legal expertise'.  For reasons nobody can explain, she continues to run her mouth like an actor who has been cut off accepting an Oscar.  

And you think it's just NOW 'kinda embarrassing'?  ;)

Kinda?

Let's unpack this.  Giuliani - who was exposed on film by Sasha Baron Cohen for asking what he thought to be a 15 year old girl up to his room for drinks before 'tucking his shirtail in' just days prior to the election - started off this legal brewhaha with a press conference held at a seedy landscaping business located next to a dildo shop and a crematorium.   From there, Trump's legal team - piloted by a man who looks like a The Penguin and has started leaking brake fluid from his temples - has gone a Rod Marinelliesque 1 and 40 something in the courts.  His wingwoman - a one Sidney Powell who has the perpetual countenance of a "Who Farted" expression and continues to tell anybody who will listen 'she HAS something', but needs more time to say what that something is - has essentially been fired by The Donald who wants nothing to do with her 'legal expertise'.  For reasons nobody can explain, she continues to run her mouth like an actor who has been cut off accepting an Oscar.  

Well when you put it that way...

Kinda?

It was her boss the whole time.

I thought about Trump going scorched earth on both parties. He is irate that the GOP rank and file haven’t done enough to support him and he could spite them. It would be freakin hilarious if the GOP lost the Georgia Senate seats because of it. I know it’s unlikely, but amusing nonetheless. 
I don’t know how unlikely it is. Depends on how much play it gets. If it starts spreading around social media, I could see  it happening. Either way I think Trump voters will decide the runoffs. If they show up the GOP wins. I don’t think they show up because their enthusiasm is for Trump and not the GOP. By the time of the election, Trump will likely be focused on escaping the looming legal cases against him not pretending that he could win.

Trump voters being the reason Mitch loses the majority would be a perfect ending to election season. Throw away all your principles for them only to get stabbed in the back. 

Rumor is Trump is going to attend this. 
He's participating by phone.

Via Bloomberg WH reporter, Josh Wingrove:
"This was an election that we won easily," Trump said. "This election was rigged and we can't let that happen." "This election has to be turned around."
"We won this election by a lot, we got 74 million votes," Trump says.  "This election was lost by the Democrats," he says.
"All we need is for some judge to listen to it properly," Trump says
"I want to thank Rudy Giuliani for having the courage to do this. There were other lawyers that backed down because they were being screamed at."
Trump tells Giuliani over speakerphone: "This is going to be your crowning achievement because you're saving our country."

Here's some audio with the above and more. Again claiming he won PA by a lot and it is a mystery why he was up so much on the night of the 3rd and it disappeared.
Not sure how this helps a policy committee supposedly looking to make future procedure improvements , but I'm sure it was fun for them.
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1331685657702526977

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t know how unlikely it is. Depends on how much play it gets. If it starts spreading around social media, I could see  it happening. Either way I think Trump voters will decide the runoffs. If they show up the GOP wins. I don’t think they show up because their enthusiasm is for Trump and not the GOP. By the time of the election, Trump will likely be focused on escaping the looming legal cases against him not pretending that he could win.

Trump voters being the reason Mitch loses the majority would be a perfect ending to election season. Throw away all your principles for them only to get stabbed in the back. 
Its true that there are conservative voters in Georgia who will be less motivated because Trump isn't on the ballot. But there are also liberal voters in Georgia who will be less motivated because Trump isn't on the ballot. It probably evens out, and advantage still to the Republicans, IMO.

Kinda?

hey, that's not fair...don't disparage the landscaping business.

Amazing... every vote matters.

Dave Wasserman @Redistrict

BREAKING: sources on both Dem & GOP sides confirm that the final counts submitted by all 8 counties in #NY22 to NY Supreme Court Justice Scott DelConte will show Rep. Anthony Brindisi (D) *ahead* of Claudia Tenney (R) by either 12 or 13 votes. Wow.
On a side note I grew up in this district. Really impressive that the Dems may have won here because it's REALLY red... pickup trucks, gun racks and confederate flag stickers (which make total sense in upstate NY). I've heard Brindisi is a pretty good guy too so happy for him.

"This was an election that we won easily," Trump said. "This election was rigged and we can't let that happen." "This election has to be turned around."
"We won this election by a lot, we got 74 million votes," Trump says.  "This election was lost by the Democrats," he says.
When you admit that your cases do not contain evidence of fraud, while also admitting that you are looking for a favorable judge to overturn the results.....

"I want to thank Rudy Giuliani for having the courage to do this. There were other lawyers that backed down because they were being screamed at."
Trump tells Giuliani over speakerphone: "This is going to be your crowning achievement because you're saving our country."

Here's some audio with the above and more. Again claiming he won PA by a lot and it is a mystery why he was up so much on the night of the 3rd and it disappeared.
Not sure how this helps a policy committee supposedly looking to make future procedure improvements , but I'm sure it was fun for them.
I know that things are going wrong for me, you gotta listen to my words, yeah, yeah, YEAHHHH!!! 

Its true that there are conservative voters in Georgia who will be less motivated because Trump isn't on the ballot. But there are also liberal voters in Georgia who will be less motivated because Trump isn't on the ballot. It probably evens out, and advantage still to the Republicans, IMO.
I feel like it was sort of a perfect storm for Biden  to pull off the win in Georgia. And even in this perfect storm, the GOP senatorial candidates still outperformed their Dem counterparts in Georgia. 

Hmmm, he can participate by phone, but doesn't think we Pennsylvanians should be allowed to vote by mail.  I think we need to investigate whether that phone call was fraudulent. Did he provide identification to prove it was actually Donald Trump on the phone?

Hmmm, he can participate by phone, but doesn't think we Pennsylvanians should be allowed to vote by mail.  I think we need to investigate whether that phone call was fraudulent. Did he provide identification to prove it was actually Donald Trump on the phone?
I’ve heard it was another perfect call. 

On Thanksgiving – a day usually reserved for presidential platitudes – Trump broke with tradition and repeated those attacks in a now rare face-off with journalists. “I’m very worried about that,” Trump said when asked about his previous baseless claims of fraud in Georgia. “You have a fraudulent system.” He then called Georgia’s Republican secretary of state, Brad Raffensperger, who has defended the state’s election process, an “enemy of the people”.
Link

So dangerous. :(

• Sad
Reactions: JAA
I'm a little disappointed by this, tbh.   I was hoping for some sort of grand finale #### show to wrap up the series.
Have you ever seen the condition of a house after the owner was forced out in a mortgage foreclosure action? There's still time for a grand finale.
"This 150 year old oil painting of Lincoln?  I brought this with me when we moved in."

Users who are viewing this thread