Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***Official 2020 Election General***


hagmania

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, Soulfly3 said:
21 minutes ago, Biff84 said:

Wasn’t the AZ thing just a posting error by NYT? Every other place was reporting 400k outstanding the whole time.

i cant confirm, i didnt see toher sites, but a few members here posted multiple sites (AP etc) were running w the 98% line

AP called AZ while still showing 84% of the ballots as counted :shrug: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Zow said:

Yeah, so money switching back. 

My comment was intended to convey that I am assuming bettors saw value and bought Biden back when it swung to Trump at like -600. 

 

12 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

Geez I wish I could get in on this.  Free money.

Biden a heavy fav now at -475 to Trump +357

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Zow said:

How so?

Pretty funny how these are all Democrat run States.. They break for the night and then start back and Biden gets in the lead.. Total Bull####.

Its called Election night, not election week.

Voting is supposed to be on the 3rd, not the 4th, 5th, 6th.

Edited by PennStater77
  • Love 1
  • Thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Zow said:
1 minute ago, PennStater77 said:

This is such total Bull#### and a totally rigged election.

I hope DT lawyers take all this to the SCOTUS and they do hat is right and throw everything after the 3rd out.

How so?

 

Quote

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

How come every time they count Mail-In ballot dumps they are so devastating in their percentage and power of destruction?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, PennStater77 said:

This is such total Bull#### and a totally rigged election.

I hope DT lawyers take all this to the SCOTUS and they do hat is right and throw everything after the 3rd out.

Did you want to stop counting at the 75% mark for each state.  DT would win MI, WI, and PA, but JB would get Florida, Ohio, and maybe Texas.

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, PennStater77 said:

This is such total Bull#### and a totally rigged election.

I hope DT lawyers take all this to the SCOTUS and they do hat is right and throw everything after the 3rd out.

That's not how the voting process works. By that logic, all a state would have to do is count about 3 votes, all for one candidate and refuse to count any more until after midnight, invalidating millions of votes.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, PennStater77 said:

Pretty funny how these are all Democrat run States.. They break for the night and then start back and Biden gets in the lead.. Total Bull####.

Its called Election night, not election week.

Republican legislature in those Democrat ran states allowed that to happen.

 

Seeing how you are possibly a Central PA native going by your username, the PA Republican legislature voted for this exact process.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, PennStater77 said:

Pretty funny how these are all Democrat run States.. They break for the night and then start back and Biden gets in the lead.. Total Bull####.

Its called Election night, not election week.

Perhaps they all could have been counted "on time" had Republicans not blocked efforts to change the rules and allow early counting.

Can't have it both ways my friend. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, PennStater77 said:

This is such total Bull#### and a totally rigged election.

I hope DT lawyers take all this to the SCOTUS and they do hat is right and throw everything after the 3rd out.

I'm not sure exactly what you are arguing here, but Trump is losing based solely on ballots that arrived before the deadline.

I do think there is a legitimate argument to be made about post-deadline ballots, but so far Biden has not needed any of those ballots to win.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, PennStater77 said:

Pretty funny how these are all Democrat run States.. They break for the night and then start back and Biden gets in the lead.. Total Bull####.

Its called Election night, not election week.

Maybe I missed it, but The Constitution does not require all votes for President be counted on election day.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, CentralPA said:

Republican legislature in those Democrat ran states allowed that to happen.

 

Seeing how you are possibly a Central PA native going by your username, the PA Republican legislature voted for this exact process.

PA will be thrown out.. There is so much election rigging in PA its hilarious. The PA senate and PA courts will eliminate the ballots counted today.

  • Love 1
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, PennStater77 said:

Pretty funny how these are all Democrat run States.. They break for the night and then start back and Biden gets in the lead.. Total Bull####.

Its called Election night, not election week.

Voting is supposed to be on the 3rd, not the 4th, 5th, 6th.

Do you think Republican voters were encouraged or discouraged by Trump to do mail in voting?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TLEF316 said:

Perhaps they all could have been counted "on time" had Republicans not blocked efforts to change the rules and allow early counting.

Can't have it both ways my friend. 

Yeah, pretty insane strategy to block early counting of early/mail ballots and then complain when they are actually being counted.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, PennStater77 said:

Pretty funny how these are all Democrat run States.. They break for the night and then start back and Biden gets in the lead.. Total Bull####.

Its called Election night, not election week.

Voting is supposed to be on the 3rd, not the 4th, 5th, 6th.

These were early ballots cast legally.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, PennStater77 said:
5 minutes ago, Zow said:

How so?

Pretty funny how these are all Democrat run States.. They break for the night and then start back and Biden gets in the lead.. Total Bull####.

Its called Election night, not election week.

Voting is supposed to be on the 3rd, not the 4th, 5th, 6th.

Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania are purple, and Arizona and Georgia are red.

Biden is winning based solely on votes which were submitted by election night.

Your anger is without merit here.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, dkp993 said:

On what legal basis?

 

1 minute ago, Zow said:

Do you think Republican voters were encouraged or discouraged by Trump to do mail in voting?

 

Just now, Kal El said:

Every vote should count. To refuse this is to live in a dictatorship.

Guys.... Seriously. Look at the history of posts and don't take the stinky bait here. Keep it on track and helpful.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Zow said:

Do you think Republican voters were encouraged or discouraged by Trump to do mail in voting?

Mail in voting was a total sham and we knew this was going to happen.. No reason why you can't just go to the polling places and vote.. Like I SAID, THOSE need tossed.

Absolutely disgusting how Dems cheated here

  • Love 1
  • Laughing 1
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So it's noon - we are still awaiting results from: Nevada, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Georgia and North Carolina by my hungover not enough coffee yet brain

Biden up in Nevada and should probably take it

Biden up ever so slightly at the moment in Michigan but still way too close

Georgia is basically a statistical tie right now but the Atlanta area has more to go favoring Biden

Pennsylvania is a cluster**** of biblical proportions

North Carolina has Trump up by a decent margin at the moment.

Is this right?

If Biden gets Michigan... 262... gets Nevada 268...

If Trump gets North Carolina... 234...

And then Georgia and Pennsylvania are left.  Trump needs both.  Biden needs one.

Did I math right?  Do I need more coffee?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, PennStater77 said:

Yeah I support Trump, so that means I am trolling.. F YOU

Hopefully the senate denies Biden everything. I did think he was a man of integrity, but imagine having to win this way.

The voters in Michigan who voted early followed the voting laws of Michigan as established my our majority Republican State House and majority Republican State Senate. 

  • Like 3
  • Love 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, PennStater77 said:

Pretty funny how these are all Democrat run States.. They break for the night and then start back and Biden gets in the lead.. Total Bull####.

Its called Election night, not election week.

Voting is supposed to be on the 3rd, not the 4th, 5th, 6th.

Wisconsin is not a Democrat run state and is not allowed to count any ballots received after 8:00 p.m. yesterday.  They did not break for the night.  The process is closely-watched and is completely open.  

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Yankee23Fan said:

So it's noon - we are still awaiting results from: Nevada, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Georgia and North Carolina by my hungover not enough coffee yet brain

Biden up in Nevada and should probably take it

Biden up ever so slightly at the moment in Michigan but still way too close

Georgia is basically a statistical tie right now but the Atlanta area has more to go favoring Biden

Pennsylvania is a cluster**** of biblical proportions

North Carolina has Trump up by a decent margin at the moment.

Is this right?

If Biden gets Michigan... 262... gets Nevada 268...

If Trump gets North Carolina... 234...

And then Georgia and Pennsylvania are left.  Trump needs both.  Biden needs one.

Did I math right?  Do I need more coffee?

I think Trump will win GA and NC but I don't know that we will get answers on that soon.

PA votes are coming in painfully slow.

I'd imagine that the next big bit of news will be when Arizona finally counts the remaining 400k votes that are supposedly left.  They are ED votes, so you'd think they could do this easily and it will be done soon.  If Trump loses Arizona, it's over imo (from a numbers perspective, I have no idea what could happen in courts)

 

If Trump wins Arizona, he has to hold off a late charge in Georgia, NC and of course the big one Pennsylvania.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't think that Trump's endgame is lawsuits.   I think it's demanding recounts everywhere, claiming fraud, and then demanding that the electors in each state with a republican legislature (PA, MI, WI, AZ, GA) vote for him regardless of the election results.   Faithless electors push him over the top and he and the GOP celebrate another win based on ignoring all norms.   

  • Thinking 1
  • Sad 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, shader said:

I think Trump will win GA and NC but I don't know that we will get answers on that soon.

PA votes are coming in painfully slow.

I'd imagine that the next big bit of news will be when Arizona finally counts the remaining 400k votes that are supposedly left.  They are ED votes, so you'd think they could do this easily and it will be done soon.  If Trump loses Arizona, it's over imo (from a numbers perspective, I have no idea what could happen in courts)

 

If Trump wins Arizona, he has to hold off a late charge in Georgia, NC and of course the big one Pennsylvania.

I keep looking at the Arizona numbers and can't see how the Trump campaign thinks he can win.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:
19 minutes ago, Doug B said:

I kind of thought that if near-perfect safeguards against hacks were technologically possible, that we'd have online voting in the U.S. Just thought the level of security required did not exist (and perhaps could never exist).

But it exists with the stock market, right?  I mean people move billions of dollars around there every hour and it all goes off extremely smoothly.

It's always kind of blown my mind that I can pull up a stock quote with unlimited amounts of data on it, put in a trailing stop limit order simultaneously with a thousand other people making bids/offers on the same stock, have that order sent to a route that routes it to a market maker and completes a transaction based on all of these factors in mere milliseconds and without even the smallest hitch, but to vote for president we write it on a piece of paper and put it into a mailbox?

Seems different somehow.

I know there's no proving a negative ... but no one ever tried to hack stocks and financial sites and gotten away with it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

On what legal basis?

There is a chance that the Supreme Court will invalidate Pennsylvania mail ballots which arrive between 11/4 and 11/6. Pennsylvania election law states that ballots must arrive by 8 p.m. on Election Day, but a judge extended that deadline to 11/6, and the State Supreme Court upheld the ruling. It's possible that the US Supreme Court will decide that the state court overstepped its authority to rewrite Pennsylvania law.

HOWEVER......none of that matters if Biden is ahead after counting all the ballots which already arrived.

Also....none of that matters if Biden wins Wisconsin and/or Georgia.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, -fish- said:

I don't think that Trump's endgame is lawsuits.   I think it's demanding recounts everywhere, claiming fraud, and then demanding that the electors in each state with a republican legislature (PA, MI, WI, AZ, GA) vote for him regardless of the election results.   Faithless electors push him over the top and he and the GOP celebrate another win based on ignoring all norms.   

Aka the nuclear option

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, PennStater77 said:

Mail in voting was a total sham and we knew this was going to happen.. No reason why you can't just go to the polling places and vote.. Like I SAID, THOSE need tossed.

Absolutely disgusting how Dems cheated here

There are plenty of reasons, including being out of the state, health reasons, COVID, etc..  

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, PennStater77 said:

Pretty funny how these are all Democrat run States.. They break for the night and then start back and Biden gets in the lead.. Total Bull####.

Its called Election night, not election week.

Voting is supposed to be on the 3rd, not the 4th, 5th, 6th.

Perhaps if Trump hadn't trashed the method of voting by mail, he would have gotten more votes when the mail in votes were being counted, which takes longer to count than the very efficient in person method. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Joe Summer said:

There is a chance that the Supreme Court will invalidate Pennsylvania mail ballots which arrive between 11/4 and 11/6. Pennsylvania election law states that ballots must arrive by 8 p.m. on Election Day, but a judge extended that deadline to 11/6, and the State Supreme Court upheld the ruling. It's possible that the US Supreme Court will decide that the state court overstepped its authority to rewrite Pennsylvania law.

HOWEVER......none of that matters if Biden is ahead after counting all the ballots which already arrived.

Also....none of that matters if Biden wins Wisconsin and/or Georgia.

The US Supreme Court already heard this.   Trump lost.   

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, PennStater77 said:

This is such total Bull#### and a totally rigged election.

I hope DT lawyers take all this to the SCOTUS and they do hat is right and throw everything after the 3rd out.

Anbody else read his and hear it come out in trumps voice?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, -fish- said:

I don't think that Trump's endgame is lawsuits.   I think it's demanding recounts everywhere, claiming fraud, and then demanding that the electors in each state with a republican legislature (PA, MI, WI, AZ, GA) vote for him regardless of the election results.   Faithless electors push him over the top and he and the GOP celebrate another win based on ignoring all norms.   

Nah. That’s not going to happen. We don’t need to go into this tinfoil hat stuff. 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
  • Create New...