What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2020 Election General*** (1 Viewer)

This Wisconsin election official on CNN is very confident that they have done everything right and to the letter of the law.   

"100% confident that the laws of our state were followed."

They're now going to triple-check ballots and audit 5% of the counting equipment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your post was clear, but what is not clear is whether @stusandler has any level of legitimacy.  If John James retweeted Nate Silver or the AP, then okay, we probably don't need to clarify who those parties are.  But a John James tweet of @stusandler means nothing if the vast majority of people in this thread don't know who @stusandler is.  John James can retweet whoever he wants, but I guess I just don't see the benefit in posting it here unless it's got some actual teeth to it.  All it does is sow confusion, IMO.  But I digress.
ah, ok. I see what you mean. 

Just find it odd/telling if a candidate is willing to RT something stating he has won. Which was why I posted it. But of course, the votes tell the winner, not the candidate

270to win has it set right now at 248-217 Biden with the only unreported states being Nevada, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Georgia and North Carolina.

If Biden grabs Nevada (likely) and Michigan... Pennsylvania doesn't matter.  That's 270.

In Georgia, Trump is beating Biden + Jorgensen.    I doubt Atlanta has enough votes left to climb that mountain.  They should call Georgia red at this point I'd think******

However, this is two elections in a row now where Georgia isn't exactly solid red, and there is now a ground game in Atlanta, which is still growing fast, that means if the Dems keep that up in 4 years this won't be a solid red state but a solid purple one.

****** I mean that in the complete Nate Silver, but there is still a chance kinda way that means I'm not wrong no matter what (and that was meant to be funny, so no 538 deabtes)
Based on the numbers (2,387,671 to 2,300,063 @93% reporting) and my math, Biden would need to pull 62.5% of the remaining ballots to catch up.

John James himself Retweeted the following tweet: 

@stusandler

Michigan elected it's first Black Senator. The people have spoken. John James has won this race. The ballots are counted. Stop making up numbers, stalling the process and cheating the system. @garypeters

... Sorry if that wasnt clear
Your post was clear, but what is not clear is whether @stusandler has any level of legitimacy.  If John James retweeted Nate Silver or the AP, then okay, we probably don't need to clarify who those parties are.  But a John James tweet of @stusandler means nothing if the vast majority of people in this thread don't know who @stusandler is.  John James can retweet whoever he wants, but I guess I just don't see the benefit in posting it here unless it's got some actual teeth to it.  All it does is sow confusion, IMO.  But I digress.
Also: any politician who retweets random accounts that spread misinformation about them having "won the race"........is either being very naïve or very dishonest.

John James should know better.

270to win has it set right now at 248-217 Biden with the only unreported states being Nevada, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Georgia and North Carolina.

If Biden grabs Nevada (likely) and Michigan... Pennsylvania doesn't matter.  That's 270.
If AZ stays blue... 

Arent they coming from Fulton County?  If so I can see it
Cobb county is 56 Biden

Fulton county is 72 Biden

Gwinett is 59 Biden

Newton is 55 Biden

Henry county is 60 Biden

Clayton is 85 Biden

Douglas is 62 Biden

So, Fulton has to really beat Gwinett or Gwinett has to come up some more

Washington's gubernatorial race included a guy who basically ran on a platform of "I love Trump."   He lost by 20 points, but refuses to concede until every ballot is counted.

• Sad
Reactions: JAA
He's doing that in the Atlanta counties except Gwinett.
"Doing it" is very misleading in this election, given mail in votes heavily favor Biden and in person votes favor Trump. In person voting gets counted quicker making it look like Trump is doing better in an area than he really did. 

Cobb county is 56 Biden

Fulton county is 72 Biden

Gwinett is 59 Biden

Newton is 55 Biden

Henry county is 60 Biden

Clayton is 85 Biden

Douglas is 62 Biden

So, Fulton has to really beat Gwinett or Gwinett has to come up some more
These are all mail in ballots so they're skewing higher for Biden, right?

Florida seems to do elections better than anybody? We will forever be made fun of for 2000 but I mail-in voted a few weeks ago and it showed up as counted on the elections website on October 12th. What could be easier? 
Didn't say that GB.  I said they have the mail in part down to a science.  My eyes have been opened to the mail in option...it should be available in every single state IMO.

I'm guessing Biden wins 270-268.

Trump wins AK, GA, NC, PA & ME congressional district 2.  213 + 3 + 16 + 15 + 20 + 1 = 268

Biden wins NV, MI & WI.  238 + 6 + 16 + 10 = 270

Hoping that doesn't lead to bedlam over the next 2-3 months.

Didn't say that GB.  I said they have the mail in part down to a science.  My eyes have been opened to the mail in option...it should be available in every single state IMO.
Yeah we've had it forever and the worst thing about it was that until 4 years ago if you wanted to mail your ballot you needed a stamp, but we have drop boxes at every main fire station and library, and a couple grocery store parking lots.   Now you don't even need a stamp if you just want to put it in your outgoing mail.  

Fulton has reported that they have counted all in-person votes already.  DeKalb county has about 70k absentee/mail ins to count, Gwinett had tech issues but should be counting mail ins at this point.

Yes mail in voting has gone strongly for Biden regardless of which county they are coming from. I believe it was Michigan that had a lot of outstanding votes in red counties that went highly for Biden. Biden was underperforming 2016 numbers and outstanding mail in votes pushed it back up to 2016 levels. 

Any outstanding mail in votes are likely 60-40 Biden while in-person is trending 60-40 Trump.

Lol.   Trump's lawyers demand a recount in Wisconsin.   You can't demand a recount until 10 days after election.   

@Acosta

Trump campaign says in statement that it wants a recount in Wisconsin.

He's the CNN chief WH correspondant
Perfectly within their right although as I understand it thet can't dothat until the results are certified which I believe does not happen until December.

I'm guessing Biden wins 270-268.

Trump wins AK, GA, NC, PA & ME congressional district 2.  213 + 3 + 16 + 15 + 20 + 1 = 268

Biden wins NV, MI & WI.  238 + 6 + 16 + 10 = 270

Hoping that doesn't lead to bedlam over the next 2-3 months.
If Biden ends up with 270 EV, then there's no doubt in my mind that we end up with a faithless elector who throws the vote to the House.

But there's actually a sliver of a silver lining to that scenario -- if the faithless elector votes for Romney or Kasich or some other reasonable Republican, then he would suddenly become eligible for the House vote. At that point, the Democrats could join forces with one or two Republican states to at least vote Trump out of office.

Don't see an issue with that. I wouldn't expect different . Hillary did the same 4 years ago and the vote changed by like 115 votes, I think. 
Yep. Scott Walker came out and basically said a recount won’t matter, it’s too wide of a gap.

Am I out of mind that Biden could get Georgia here?  Am I putting myself for a huge disappointment that I have Ga up on Politico's map and am slamming F5 F5 F5?

ETA: Anyone know a good GA twitter follow on the breakdown?  I'm driving myself crazy here because getting GA would be an absolute game changer on all the mess.

Users who are viewing this thread