What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2020 Election General*** (6 Viewers)

i have been to richland county a lot and like to fish over there the total population is about 17000 people so even if none had been counted and they all voted for trump it would not change the outcome of the election also they have a frank lloyd wright building in richland center that they dont really take all that great care of and its pretty sad but they do have two quick trips take that to the bank bromigos 
:lmao:  how many DQs?

Data Orbital 

The analysis on outstanding ballots mostly being from Maricopa and favoring Biden misses a huge factor: at least 250k of the remaining ballots have a Republican advantage of 20%. Unlike in other states, late earlies will favor Trump. #ElectionTwitter #Election2020  #AZ

fwiw
Seems to me there are around 225k votes left there? Currently 52% for Biden so should be about 134k - 91k pickup for Biden there if that trend holds. Now if that 225k is heavily tilted towards R voters, I can’t account for that but I doubt it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Smile
Reactions: JAA
Probably won’t until 7pm local, at least not from Maricopa County.
Yeah all outstanding votes in Maricopa County are counted but won’t be released until then. Not sure why. I guess the outstanding votes are ‘late earlies’ which are mail in ballots dropped off yesterday. 

I took their numbers of outstanding votes, per county and using NY Times data, assigned each counties voting proportions to the remaining uncounted.    in short, Biden gains 22k votes.  The two biggest counties with unprocesed votes were Maricopa (Biden +6) and Pima (Biden +22).  I'd be curious why they think these ballots are heavily republican.  I mean, some counties are, but not the big ones.  Hell, Mariocpa is bigger than the rest combined.

i have been to richland county a lot and like to fish over there the total population is about 17000 people so even if none had been counted and they all voted for trump it would not change the outcome of the election also they have a frank lloyd wright building in richland center that they dont really take all that great care of and its pretty sad but they do have two quick kwik trips take that to the bank bromigos 
fyp

i have been to richland county a lot and like to fish over there the total population is about 17000 people so even if none had been counted and they all voted for trump it would not change the outcome of the election also they have a frank lloyd wright building in richland center that they dont really take all that great care of and its pretty sad but they do have two quick trips take that to the bank bromigos 
:lmao:  how many DQs?
just one bromigo and it is right by starlight 14 the drive in take that to the honest to god truth bank brochacho

Data Orbital 

The analysis on outstanding ballots mostly being from Maricopa and favoring Biden misses a huge factor: at least 250k of the remaining ballots have a Republican advantage of 20%. Unlike in other states, late earlies will favor Trump. #ElectionTwitter #Election2020  #AZ

fwiw
weird.  Taking Maricopa out of the mix and there are 190k ballots still there.  many heavily favor Trump but there's still Pima (Biden +22).

These books are going to go out of business if this keeps up.  Surely people are abusing them on this.
Yeah I'm genuinely frustrated I'm not in a position to get in on this action. Easy, easy money given that you could have tickets with both at > +200. 

I feel bad for these secretaries of State and State level voting officials who get drug out on national TV and are asked questions they can’t answer. 

Georgia is now 2,385,954 Trump.... 2,299,830 Biden

86k and change.  I think that's a few thousand LOWER than about 2 hours ago but I didn't do the real math then.
Georgia down to 83k in Trump's favor.  Those Atlanta counties are eating into the number slowly...

Data Orbital 

fwiw
weird.  Taking Maricopa out of the mix and there are 190k ballots still there.  many heavily favor Trump but there's still Pima (Biden +22).
Data Orbital works for the Trump Campaign.   

Wow. Final returns are in from Macomb County, the blue-collar suburbs of Detroit, home to fabled "Reagan Dems" Trump won it by 12 points in 2016. Trump won it by 8 points in 2020. POTUS team hoped he'd *increase* that margin by 3-4 points. The opposite happened.
https://twitter.com/TimAlberta/status/1324045834808401926

Per my map on Fox: 100% in for Macomb

264,467 (53.3%) for Trump

225,509 (45.4%) for Biden

Last edited by a moderator:
I took their numbers of outstanding votes, per county and using NY Times data, assigned each counties voting proportions to the remaining uncounted.    in short, Biden gains 22k votes.  The two biggest counties with unprocesed votes were Maricopa (Biden +6) and Pima (Biden +22).  I'd be curious why they think these ballots are heavily republican.  I mean, some counties are, but not the big ones.  Hell, Mariocpa is bigger than the rest combined.
The outstanding votes are mail in votes that were dropped off on Election Day. The Trump campaign is projecting based those votes going to Trump at the same clip as the in person voting (60% Trump). If that’s true, he has a chance. But if it trends more like mail-in voting, Biden will widen his lead. Most likely outcome is a combination of the two. My guess is that it leans towards in-person trends, brings Trump closer but not enough to win - maybe 55% Trump when he needs 60% to win.

If Biden ends up with 270 EV, then there's no doubt in my mind that we end up with a faithless elector who throws the vote to the House.

But there's actually a sliver of a silver lining to that scenario -- if the faithless elector votes for Romney or Kasich or some other reasonable Republican, then he would suddenly become eligible for the House vote. At that point, the Democrats could join forces with one or two Republican states to at least vote Trump out of office.
A faithless elector muddying up a 270-268 presidential election would be peak 2020.

The outstanding votes are mail in votes that were dropped off on Election Day. The Trump campaign is projecting based those votes going to Trump at the same clip as the in person voting (60% Trump). If that’s true, he has a chance. But if it trends more like mail-in voting, Biden will widen his lead. Most likely outcome is a combination of the two. My guess is that it leans towards in-person trends, brings Trump closer but not enough to win - maybe 55% Trump when he needs 60% to win.
Seems ironic that Trump is assuming the outstanding mail in votes will match the rate of in person voting he got in that district, when he basically begged is supporters to vote in person and not through the mail.  

Flint, Michigan surrounding county is pretty much a dead heat.  I don't know enough about local Michigan politics to speak to that, but I didn't expect that at all.
I live in SE Genesee county, there is a lot of trump support in the rural areas and small towns outside of flint.  I'm not shocked at all that things are close here.  If you based your expectations strictly on lawn signs, you'd think trump would carry the county 75/25.

Users who are viewing this thread