What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2020 Election General*** (2 Viewers)

Someone needs to start the equivalent of the Lincoln Project* for election infrastructure. If we took the $200MM delusional democrats set on fire for McGrath and Harrison and put it towards counting ballots we'd have results by now, right?

*except, you know, not crooks

Last edited by a moderator:
How would one even go about designing a machine that can detect a darkened mark made by a ball-point pen but not a darkened mark made by a sharpie? That seems like it would be really complicated and expensive.
The claim is that if the ink bleeds through to the back of the ballot the machine will reject it.  

Let’s be honest, there really aren’t any never Trumpers. 
I was fooled, I thought they were real. I thought the Lincoln Project would have an effect. But I’ll bet anything at this point that when we study this election, every Republican in sight voted for Donald Trump. It’s his party now; that’s the reality. 
I'm registered as a Republican in AZ. I voted Biden. I know several others like me. 

I've never been so ambivalent about the person I voted for.  I keep finding myself halfway rooting for Trump, but then I remember I think he is a horrible person and voted for Biden.  It's like watching a game where you have a rooting interest for both teams.

Just saw that it looks like the Republicans are picking up a few (4-5 seats) in the House.  Not enough to make any real difference, but I didn't see that coming.
The House was an absolute disaster for Democrats. Looks like they might even lose more than that. They were hoping to pickup 5-15 seats last night lol. That Jeffress guy from NY is alredy calling for new leadership. 

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and her invigorated caucus charged into Tuesday with an energized base, a sharp fundraising advantage and hopes to flip anywhere from five to 15 Republican seats on election night. Instead, it was the Republicans who scored big - at least in the early counting - knocking out at least a half dozen vulnerable Democrats with several more clinging to the ropes.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/homenews/house/524439-house-democrats-fall-way-short-in-disappointing-night%3famp

Is there any real evidence for this beyond wishful thinking by the Trump campaign? 
The only evidence is what the rate of in person voting did in the areas with outstanding mail in votes.

But relying solely on that ignores the other evidence that elsewhere in the country in person voting skewed to Trump whereas mail in voting skewed to Biden. 

So the late count in MI and WI went almost entirely Biden. And the late count in AZ may swing back to Trump.

Watch PA come in over the top at the end with 150% of the remaining votes for guess who. 
Don't think that is the case.  Most of what is left to account in Arizona is early vote received on Monday and Tuesday or early ballots dropped off at polls.  Day of voting at a poll has all been counted.  I don't see those votes swinging Trump given how other early vote received before Monday voted pro-Biden.  

I think Arizona is done - Foxnews and AP have called it.  Other new organizations haven't yet but think it is called tonight by them.   

He needs to get to Detroit Stat as well, Democrats are ejecting Trump challengers from ballot canvassing. So dirty.

https://twitter.com/mikeroman/status/1324065713053749252?s=21
My wife is an election official in Michigan. There have been 60 GOP challengers at the TCF Center in Detroit challenging ballots all day. People would only be removed for inappropriate behavior. For example a man was removed by police 2 days ago for screaming and yelling repeatedly and refusing to calm down.

Don't think that is the case.  Most of what is left to account in Arizona is early vote received on Monday and Tuesday or early ballots dropped off at polls.  Day of voting at a poll has all been counted.  I don't see those votes swinging Trump given how other early vote received before Monday voted pro-Biden.  

I think Arizona is done - Foxnews and AP have called it.  Other new organizations haven't yet but think it is called tonight by them.   
So without Arizona, Trump would have to win Michigan or Nevada AND Pennsylvania? 

A disaster would be to lose the House, so it’s short of a disaster. 
Kind of like the polling process.  Sure it is likely that Biden will win as predicted, but the double-digit landslide victory in many states is not even close to what happened.  Their processes are fundamentally flawed and they aren't what they are purporting themselves to be.

Is there any real evidence for this beyond wishful thinking by the Trump campaign? 
I've been trying to find some.   It seems to have begun with a Twitter account for Data Orbital, which does data analytics for the Trump campaign.   They claim that  62% of early voting went to Trump, even though that isn't reflected in the vote count for the 86% of the vote counted through last night.   When someone pointed out that Trump would still need over 72% of the remaining votes, another account claimed that there were 900,000 votes outstanding (which would mean an astounding 92% voter turnout).   

I think someone cited that 62% on this page or the previous one.   Don't know if they had a source.

Let’s be honest, there really aren’t any never Trumpers. 
I was fooled, I thought they were real. I thought the Lincoln Project would have an effect. But I’ll bet anything at this point that when we study this election, every Republican in sight voted for Donald Trump. It’s his party now; that’s the reality. 
I beg to differ.  I personally know several never trumpers who consider themselves conservatives.  Now, did they vote for Biden?  That's a different question...

I've been trying to find some.   It seems to have begun with a Twitter account for Data Orbital, which does data analytics for the Trump campaign.   They claim that  62% of early voting went to Trump, even though that isn't reflected in the vote count for the 86% of the vote counted through last night.   When someone pointed out that Trump would still need over 72% of the remaining votes, another account claimed that there were 900,000 votes outstanding (which would mean an astounding 92% voter turnout).   

I think someone cited that 62% on this page or the previous one.   Don't know if they had a source.
Here's the guy that said 62% in person voting for Trump and extrapolated that to 380,000 votes: (he has a picture of The Count from Sesame Street as his avatar, so he must be credible):

The AZ - abc15 - Data Guru

@Garrett_Archer

Husband, Dad, Catholic liturgical music brat. Odd path to journalism. Data Analyst for

@abc15

and Oracle of #ElectionTwitter e: garrett.archer@abc15.com

Let’s be honest, there really aren’t any never Trumpers. ... I’ll bet anything at this point that when we study this election, every Republican in sight voted for Donald Trump.
This is not correct. There are a number of very prominent Never Trumpers (Rick Wilson , David Frum, Tom Nichols, and literally over a hundred more). There are also non-famous regular lifelong Republicans who've voted for every Republican presidential candidate they could have except for Donald Trump. I know a few in real life personally, and I believe several have also posted in this thread.

This is not correct. There are a number of very prominent Never Trumpers (Rick Wilson , David Frum, Tom Nichols, and literally over a hundred more). There also non-famous regular lifelong Republicans who've voted for every Republican presidential candidate except for Donald Trump. I know a few in real life personally, and I believe several have also posted in this thread.
Like me - lifelong republican until now.  

This is not correct. There are a number of very prominent Never Trumpers (Rick Wilson , David Frum, Tom Nichols, and literally over a hundred more). There also non-famous regular lifelong Republicans who've voted for every Republican presidential candidate except for Donald Trump. I know a few in real life personally, and I believe several have also posted in this thread.
Agreed.  I'm in PA, and know several IRL as well.

This is not correct. There are a number of very prominent Never Trumpers (Rick Wilson , David Frum, Tom Nichols, and literally over a hundred more). There also non-famous regular lifelong Republicans who've voted for every Republican presidential candidate they could have except for Donald Trump. I know a few in real life personally, and I believe several have also posted in this thread.
I know that, and I admire them. I meant in terms of significant voting numbers. 

Tim Murtaugh

@TimMurtaugh

No news outlet should stand by a called race in Arizona. This thing isn’t over.

@realDonaldTrump

is going to win Arizona.

I know that, and I admire them. I meant in terms of significant voting numbers. 
College educated voters are shifting democratic.  You have to imagine a lot of them are former Republicans.  Also, clearly a lot of non-college educated used to be Dems and are shifitng Republican.  Honestly, think Trump is remaking the parties.  

Here's the guy that said 62% in person voting for Trump and extrapolated that to 380,000 votes: (he has a picture of The Count from Sesame Street as his avatar, so he must be credible):

The AZ - abc15 - Data Guru

@Garrett_Archer

Husband, Dad, Catholic liturgical music brat. Odd path to journalism. Data Analyst for

@abc15

and Oracle of #ElectionTwitter e: garrett.archer@abc15.com
Garrett Archer is the data analyst for the local ABC station and his data on the elections and COVID has been great. He’s getting his data directly from election officials. He is no way saying that it will happen, just reporting the raw data and why he believes it’s too soon to call.

I’m so happy we have a fighter like Donald in this situation and nor someone meek like Romney etc
I get that stance but he’s trying to stop my fellow citizens from having their votes counted and is portraying counting their votes as some kind of cheating.These votes belong to people who were following the voting rules that the GOP led State Congress has put in place. That is objectively bad for the county.

Tim Murtaugh

@TimMurtaugh

@realDonaldTrump

is going to win Arizona.
Who is Tim Murtaugh? 
(I’m learning the names of a lot of folks I’ve never heard of before today.) 

This is not correct. There are a number of very prominent Never Trumpers (Rick Wilson , David Frum, Tom Nichols, and literally over a hundred more). There also non-famous regular lifelong Republicans who've voted for every Republican presidential candidate they could have except for Donald Trump. I know a few in real life personally, and I believe several have also posted in this thread.
Biden is the first democrat I have ever voted for. 

Tim Murtaugh

@TimMurtaugh

@realDonaldTrump

is going to win Arizona.
Well of course the Trump team is going to say they are winning it. They have been saying this since last night. They might too but I think Trumps campaign communications Director is a bit bias.

@robodellaz

The Arizona Republic estimates there are 600K ballots left to count in AZ as of 11 a.m. Wed. The increase in ballots comes mainly from Maricopa's 160,000 to 180,000 early ballots dropped off on Election Day plus numbers from rural counties.

Users who are viewing this thread