What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2020 Election General*** (5 Viewers)

Interesting the PA, GA, and NV all found time to count and report the corona cases today earlier than most states.
Is the theory that the only people in those states who can count (probably on their fingers, I guess) have to choose between counting ballots or corona cases? 
Wait, what? Do these people think that the COVID patients are stacked in a warehouse or something? And that any task requiring tabulation must be performed by the same department?

"They were able to count fish at the hatchery yesterday, why can't they count ballots?!"

(not a real quote)

Tooled around at votespa.com, York Co has not counted a single mail ballot out of 77k. Pretty heavy Trump in 2016.

I posted above already. Still about 1M votes to count. If Biden gets ~65% of those, that lead is gone. And that's exactly where he's been trending all day when he cut the lead in half from almost 700K.
How can there be a million more votes to count? They have already surpassed the highest voter turnout for the state in 08 for a historic election of the first African American president. If Trump got less than he had last time, I'd say the state turned but he got more. A lot more. There's simply no way a state that has a historic 60% average turnout suddenly will have 80+%. 

These numbers are beyond weird. 

How can PA go to Biden? He's down 330k with 85% counted and the total votes cast is already higher than the record setting turnout of 08. Trump has almost as many votes as Obama got in 08. For biden to gain that he'd have to get like a 90-10 or higher split of the remaining assuming there's another 370k+ votes to come in. 
There are 1.066,963 ballots that  were received but have not been counted,

Canada can go fork themselves.  They rely on us for more than they can admit and their PM has appeared in blackface.

We are still the most powerful nation on earth and not to be messed with, we are just having a bit of an identity crisis at the moment.  But since our system of government is the way it is (which Canada has more or less copied), we will continue on and move past it.
I mean, saying they can "go fork themselves" is a pretty decent example of why we look foolish.  Of course Canada is reliant on us.  They're a deeply-entrenched ally of ours, they've had our backs for decades, and they're our second-largest trading partner (and we're their largest trading partner).  Our elections matter to them.  The US being the world leader matters to them.  

If anyone is wondering why there's so much dispute over Arizona projections, here's what I can gather is happening...

Yes there hundreds of thousands of uncounted ballots, many of which are from Maricopa County. People stating the case that the requisite number will go to Trump are basing that off of his in-person 11/3 rate in that county, approximately 57% if I'm not mistaken. The uncounted votes are not mail in or in person votes cast on 11/3. They are provisional and drop off ballots which arrived Mon/Tue. However as we have seen repeatedly all over the country, while Trump outperformed with in-person voting, even in blue counties, that phenomenon did not extend beyond physically filling out a ballot at the polls on 11/3. Anything mailed, dropped off, or cast in person early has heavily favored Biden. It is a fallacy to assume Trump's in person 11/3 voting numbers in Maricopa will translate at the same percentage with these remaining uncounted votes.

And that is why I believe Fox News has been adamant about their call of Arizona for Biden. And why the AP has joined them.
I trust the Fox News election desk (they are are completely separate from the news desk).  

Consider them the best of the network lot and they run a quality ship.

How can there be a million more votes to count? They have already surpassed the highest voter turnout for the state in 08 for a historic election of the first African American president. If Trump got less than he had last time, I'd say the state turned but he got more. A lot more. There's simply no way a state that has a historic 60% average turnout suddenly will have 80+%. 

Currently 85% reported. That leaves 15%.

Trump currently up 3.1M vs 2.8M. 

That's a total of 5.9M votes. 

85% of 6.9M is 5.9M

That means there are 1M votes left.

Biden out here saying the other side isn’t the enemy after he, the Democrats and the media called Trump the enemy and a traitor for 4 years. Bold strategy.

Gary Peters has passed John James. Great bid by James but it doesn’t seem like he’s going to do it. That would be 0 for 2 on Mi Senate attempts. I wonder if he tries for something else?

Not at all.  It's driven by the last 4 years.  

Didn't they vote for legalizing Marijuana in Arizona? 
Yes. But it also was close to passing in 2016, too. 

Anecdotally, I know a lot of pro-weed people who also love the Trump. This is primarily in the non-college educated, white, male, rural voters. 

ETA: In short, there's maybe a loose correlation at best from my anecdotal perspective. Frankly, prop 208 (a tax increase for school money) is far more indicative. 

Last edited by a moderator:
How can PA go to Biden? He's down 330k with 85% counted and the total votes cast is already higher than the record setting turnout of 08. Trump has almost as many votes as Obama got in 08. For biden to gain that he'd have to get like a 90-10 or higher split of the remaining assuming there's another 370k+ votes to come in. 

I posted above already. Still about 1M votes to count. If Biden gets ~65% of those, that lead is gone. And that's exactly where he's been trending all day when he cut the lead in half from almost 700K.
Thanks, I was gathering the numbers and typing this very response but my internet connection decided it didn't like me for 10 minutes there.

Biden surmounting huge deficits via mail in count drops shouldn't surprise anyone anymore. It was happening repeatedly last night.

Currently 85% reported. That leaves 15%.

Trump currently up 3.1M vs 2.8M. 

That's a total of 5.9M votes. 

85% of 6.9M is 5.9M

That means there are 1M votes left.
The most votes cast for an election for PA is 5.9m. The most votes a candidate ever received is 3.2m by Obama in 08. Trump currently has 3.1m. somehow there are magically 1m more votes still not counted? 

The most votes cast for an election for PA is 5.9m. The most votes a candidate ever received is 3.2m by Obama in 08. Trump currently has 3.1m. somehow there are magically 1m more votes still not counted? 
Biden is going to have the most votes (popular) ever I believe.  Trump something like 3rd most.  
Its not magic...

• Love
Reactions: JAA
Are you being obtuse?

There are ALREADY 5.9M votes in. And only 85% have been counted. 

There are record turnouts across the country. It's simple math. You've had it explained to you, don't know what else to tell you.

I mean, saying they can "go fork themselves" is a pretty decent example of why we look foolish.  Of course Canada is reliant on us.  They're a deeply-entrenched ally of ours, they've had our backs for decades, and they're our second-largest trading partner (and we're their largest trading partner).  Our elections matter to them.  The US being the world leader matters to them.  
It's a foreign policy + international political view difference. 

I fear for the next international incident and countries like Canada not having our back. How realistic is that? Who knows. But the "go fork themselves" mindset isn't helping. International incidents will happen. Not a question of "if." 

A discussion for another thread. My thoughts end here and will revert back to election coverage. 

Users who are viewing this thread