What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2020 Election General*** (5 Viewers)

Georgia down to 60K lead for Trump with still 96% reporting. 

It's happening.....
AP and NYT are showing different numbers here. AP is showing Trump with 2,404,279 with 96% reporting, while NYT shows Trump at 2,404,510 with 94% reporting.

If NYT is correct, then Biden needs to win around 62% of outstanding ballots. If AP is correct, then Biden needs to win around 66% of remaining ballots. :oldunsure:

What’s the trend been today?

These are mail in ballots from everywhere, right? Not just cities but lots of rural & red counties?
Not sure, but down to 292K with 13% left.

He essentially needs to pick up about 23K votes for every 1% reporting remaining.

Last edited by a moderator:
:oldunsure:

Nevada

Candidate Votes Percent

Joe Biden (Democratic) 588,252 49.3%

*Donald J. Trump (Republican) 580,605 48.7%

Jo Jorgensen (Libertarian) 10,852 0.9%

None Of These Candidates (Unaffiliated) 10,391 0.9%

Don Blankenship (Constitution) 2,457 0.2%

*Incumbent

Votes counted: 1,192,557. We estimate this is 87.2% of the total vote.

Razor thin, lots of counting left.
Trump needs 52.2% of the remaining 171,575 votes (based on the 87.2%) ...he needs a better percentage of those votes (mostly mail-in?) than he has received already (mostly election day).  Not sure where that magic comes from.

Per CNN:

A source close to the White House said it's becoming apparent that GOP officials are beginning to lose patience with some of President Trump's behavior as he baselessly claims fraud is robbing him of the presidency. 

Trump is "bleeding GOP support," said the source, who described the President's complaints as an "ambulance chasing routine."

The source went on to criticize the Trump campaign for leveling charges of voter fraud in Pennsylvania.

Per CNN:

A source close to the White House said it's becoming apparent that GOP officials are beginning to lose patience with some of President Trump's behavior as he baselessly claims fraud is robbing him of the presidency. 

Trump is "bleeding GOP support," said the source, who described the President's complaints as an "ambulance chasing routine."

The source went on to criticize the Trump campaign for leveling charges of voter fraud in Pennsylvania.
It is concerning to Susan Collins. 

Per CNN:

Self-preservation starting to kick in?

What’s the trend been today?

These are mail in ballots from everywhere, right? Not just cities but lots of rural & red counties?
The mail in ballots have been primarily Democrat.  My sister in law is involved in the  mail in counting in pa and said the Republicans have primarily done their voting in person there.

Per CNN:

Whether true or not it seems kind of irrelevant.  If he doesn't have the votes, he's gone anyway.  And if he has a legitimate case, the Supreme Court would theoretically listen. 

Per CNN:

This is McConnell saying he still controls the Senate, so please exit stage left so I don't have to answer these questions.

Per CNN:

Now that it is clear trump will be out of power soon all of his followers will be fleeing like rats from a ship.

Per CNN:

If only people could have anticipated this kind of behavior before they voted.

Assuming 822K votes left in PA (that's 12% of 6.9M), then Biden needs 553K of those.  That's 67%.  It's right about where he's been all day.

Per CNN:

NO.  MORE.  WIRE.  HANGERS!!!!!

Honestly I wish Twitter would just stop with this. It's going to do more harm than good in the long run. It will just create an echo chamber. Besides, why are they so fearful of people seeing a man self combust?
Didn't they start doing it at the demand of conservatives, including the Trump family themselves?  A year ago wasn't their whole push to kill "fake news" on social media.

Except Trump will be investigated and face changes that are not subject to a presidential pardon. 
That will be the best part. I am getting greedy but the thought of the fbi waiting for him and arresting him as he leaves the White House would just be too good.

Per CNN:

Beginning to lose patience. It’s a start, I guess. 

Biden is estimated to need 65-67% of the remaining votes to carry GA. He has been earning 71% of the mail in ballots processed today. 

I have no idea what's going on, but NYT and NBC are both showing 1 million ballots outstanding (15%).
I'm going by AP and I'm doing the calculations myself based on roughly 6.9M total votes.  It has 87% reporting.  All of these are going to be off a little and I'm not using the exact source.  You can trust what you're seeing in those other spots.  I just happen to like AP because they seem to update faster and I like my calculations because I'm on the conservative side to make me feel better  ;)

Users who are viewing this thread