Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***Official 2020 Election General***

hagmania

5 minutes ago, chet said:

Wonder how the British punter who laid $5MM on Trump on Monday is feeling. 

Hopefully he bought back a bunch of Biden on Tuesday. 

3 minutes ago, Capella said:

Top-3 rap album of all-time imo 

No doubt.  Fun story.  When I was in college I went to visit my friend who was at another college and was a DJ at the college radio station.  Outkast was unknown then and were promoting southernplaya.... I was there for for the interview then we all hung out smoking and playing ball at 1am high as ****.  Fun night.  

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

No doubt.  Fun story.  When I was in college I went to visit my friend who was at another college and was a DJ at the college radio station.  Outkast was unknown then and were promoting southernplaya.... I was there for for the interview then we all hung out smoking and playing ball at 1am high as ****.  Fun night.  

That is awesome. Wow. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

How's your game?  Are you at @Matsui's level? 

2 minutes ago, chet said:

My son and I swapped between Fox News and CNN last night.  I have to say that I was expecting partisan BS from both but I was impressed at how level both were for the most part--as was my 15yo son. 

Fox News is great on election nights. The rest of the year....not so much. Arnon Mishkin (Fox News election desk director) is quality.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, EZD222 said:

Fox News is great on election nights. The rest of the year....not so much. Arnon Mishkin (Fox News election desk director) is quality.

Fox’s News have always been good, it’s the entertainment part of the network that is horrible. 

17 minutes ago, chet said:

Rick Santorum in sneakers on CNN today.

I have to admit- years ago, back when he was a Senator, I was one of those who made fun of Santorum. He was strange and ridiculous to me and I couldn’t stand his type of religious politics.

But he is a terrific political analyst. I still dislike his viewpoints, but his analysis is sharp and precise. Reminds me of Pat Buchanan, whom I also disliked yet found to be an excellent analyst. 
Chris Christie on ABC has been quite good as well. 

1 hour ago, Joe Summer said:

Trump supporters in Arizona were claiming that poll workers gave them sharpies instead of ball point pens.

It's one of the dumber conspiracies out there, since A) sharpies work just as well as a ball point pen, and B) how the hell would poll workers know if a person was a Trump supporter, anyway?

Everyone at our polling location was given a sharpie. That's all they had. It's not like they were picking and choosing.

3 minutes ago, -fish- said:

I’ve been out drinking.  Can one of you that’s been doing a fantastic job of tracking these states give me a quick update?  I’ll send you a six pack of Washington microbrew.

Biden down 23k in GA and closing fast. Might get a result there overnight. PA almost certainly going to Biden but won’t hear till tomorrow. Biden still ahead in AZ - Trump made up a little ground there but not enough. Nothing from Nevada. NC will announce their votes in January I guess, they literally have not done a thing today. 

Edited by Capella

Just now, -fish- said:

I’ve been out drinking.  Can one of you that’s been doing a fantastic job of tracking these states give me a quick update?  I’ll send you a six pack of Washington microbrew.

Joe 253

Don 213

Joe still up in AZ but tightening and could flip. Up in NV but tight and could flip.

Joe wins both, 270 and done 

Joe still a ways behind in PA but lots of votes outstanding and has an outside chance. 

Joe inching closer in GA, will be tight but has a chance. 

PA alone also gives it to Joe.

1 minute ago, cap'n grunge said:

Joe 253

Don 213

Joe still up in AZ but tightening and could flip. Up in NV but tight and could flip.

Joe still a ways behind in PA but lots of votes outstanding and has an outside chance. 

Georgia : Biden down 23k now

11 minutes ago, dgreen said:
13 minutes ago, [scooter] said:

So I guess none of these 4 states are gonna give us an update tonight?

I've got a Star Wars feeling about this...

Thought I heard AZ was supposed to do another batch for Maricopa. 

Arizona apparently won't be doing another update tonight because of the protesters.

Georgia did a mini-dump a few minutes ago (~7000 votes) with Biden closing the gap to 22K, but I have no idea how many ballots are remaining. Best guess is that Biden needs to win 66% of them.

2 minutes ago, cap'n grunge said:

Joe 253

Don 213

I would qualify this as a lot more than an outside chance.  Betting odds are massively in Biden's favor for PA.  like 5 to 1 in his favor.

Edited by FreeBaGeL

3 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

I would qualify this as a lot more than an outside chance.  Betting odds are massively in Biden's favor for PA.  like 5 to 1 in his favor.

I really really hope so.

Link

2 minutes ago, cap'n grunge said:

Does anyone know if PA has committed to releasing any more numbers tonight? Really should not stay up til 430am again tonight.

Odds of that are like Bluto Blutarsky's GPA

Edited by Penguin

10 minutes ago, Joe Summer said:

Arizona apparently won't be doing another update tonight because of the protesters.

Georgia did a mini-dump a few minutes ago (~7000 votes) with Biden closing the gap to 22K, but I have no idea how many ballots are remaining. Best guess is that Biden needs to win 66% of them.

Just delayed, likely dropping in next 5 minutes.

25 minutes ago, Capella said:
29 minutes ago, -fish- said:

Biden down 23k in GA and closing fast. Might get a result there overnight. PA almost certainly going to Biden but won’t hear till tomorrow. Biden still ahead in AZ - Trump made up a little ground there but not enough. Nothing from Nevada. NC will announce their votes in January I guess, they literally have not done a thing today. 

GA: Trump lead cut to 22,567 with either 98% reporting (per AP) or 95% reporting (per NYT and NBC). Remaining ballots are from areas which have been skewing between 63-72% to Biden (depending on the source).

PA: Trump lead cut to 164K with 89% reporting. There are approximately 650K-800K ballots remaining. Biden needs to win 61-63% to win. Most remaining ballots are expected to be Democrat, some from Philly (upwards of 80% Biden) but others from Pittsburgh area (~55% Biden).

AZ: they postponed tonight's update due to a bunch of pro-Trump protesters outside the facility. Biden leads by 79K votes with 86% reporting. Remaining ballots are expected to be a mixed bag -- several smaller red districts, plus at least one dump from Biden country. The expectation/hope is that Biden can tread water here.

NV: they haven't done a thing since this morning. Biden leads by 7647 votes with 86% reporting. Remaining ballots could go either way. The needle is pointing slightly towards Biden.

NC: uphill climb for Biden. He trails by 76K votes with 94% reporting. NC allows ballots to trickle in through the 12th, so it could be a while before we know the final results. And if Biden ends up winning thanks to late-arriving ballots, you know Brett Kavanaugh is going to have something to say about it.

Edited by Joe Summer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2