What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2020 Election General*** (4 Viewers)

If I remember correctly, PA election law says that ballots have to be received by election day.  We should generally follow the law as written.

(I could be confusing PA with some other state.  If their statute is different than this, my bad).
The deadline for ballots to arrive is November 6 for PA.

(I had to look it up)

Statutory deadline to finish counting is November 23.

:oldunsure:

I guess if they play both sides, they'll always be right, but I can't imagine the splinters they'll get from riding that proverbial fence.
I know I'm oversimplifying (each lawsuit is a separate venue/case) but the thought occurred to me it would be great if Team Biden could just say OK.

"Stop counting the vote? Alright, if you insist. We're up 8K in NV and 68K in AZ. Wayt to play yourself, you just lost"

There are lawsuits filed in all 5 states; 3 initiated by the campaign yesterday, while Team Trump joined cases in AZ and NV. I'm sure that's been posted over and over, just noting the fact (I wasn't sure if they'd already initiated proceedings in all of five.)

Wisconsin stands at 20K (0.6%); that's within the 1% threshold to demand a recount. Would cost taxpayers $3M.

@ScottWalker

After recount in 2011 race for WI Supreme Court, there was a swing of 300 votes. After recount in 2016 Presidential race in WI, @realDonaldTrump numbers went up by 131.

As I said, 20,000 is a high hurdle. #Election2020

9:57 AM · Nov 4, 2020

There are lawsuits filed in all 5 states; 3 initiated by the campaign yesterday, while Team Trump joined cases in AZ and NV. I'm sure that's been posted over and over, just noting the fact (I wasn't sure if they'd already initiated proceedings in all of five.)

Wisconsin stands at 20K (0.6%); that's within the 1% threshold to demand a recount. Would cost taxpayers $3M.
If there was 20k+ of fraud in the counting, then maybe it's worth it. 

Since it worked out well on here yesterday I will try it again.

I just woke up, can someone give me cliff notes on where we are and who is favored to when as we stand right now.  Pretend I am a 4rth grader.

Thanks

Bovada 

Biden -500/Trump +330

Offshore books might have different hamsters.....
Those odds seem pretty surprising given how the margins have shrunk here. 

18k down in GA
164k down in PA
8k up NV no more votes added in 24 hours 
Up 69k AZ which has gotten tighter 

NBC/MSNBC, NYT still have not called AZ. Biden lead has diminished to 68.4K.

Maricopa next update should come at 7pm Thursday. 275K votes left to count.

Reading through the overnight posts here you'd think NV is going the wrong way for Biden - and it is thin - but I get a very different impression from every source I have looked at.

Trump's lead in GA is down to 18.6K and 153K in PA. Inevitable Biden will move ahead this morning in Georgia.

58 protestors arrested in NYC last night.

In Detroit Trump supporters were chanting "Stop The Count", while in Arizona they were shouting "Count The Vote."
What are you seeing about Nevada?  It’s making me nervous.  How about Arizona?  

Since it worked out well on here yesterday I will try it again.

I just woke up, can someone give me cliff notes on where we are and who is favored to when as we stand right now.  Pretend I am a 4rth grader.

Thanks
Biden is favored, making big gains in PA and GA, holds leads in AZ and NV, NC is doing their own thing, and Trump is suing whoever he sees whose face he doesn't like.

Biden is favored, making big gains in PA and GA, holds leads in AZ and NV, NC is doing their own thing, and Trump is suing whoever he sees whose face he doesn't like.
Thank you.  So I guess nothing dramatically changed over night.  I had to tap out around 7.  Just election overload.  

Damn I am seeing protesters stormed the county facility in AZ?   WTF is wrong with people.  Trump is causing a mess
whoa, easy fella. storming seems a little strong. and it is an open carry state so NBD.

guess the poll workers counting were afraid to leave so they could go home? IDK saw it on Twitter or maybe a report playing in the background. crazy stuff.

whoa, easy fella. storming seems a little strong. and it is an open carry state so NBD.

guess the poll workers counting were afraid to leave so they could go home? IDK saw it on Twitter or maybe a report playing in the background. crazy stuff.
Semantics.  But the cops came in with gear on and had to set up a parameter.  From what i just read that had to halt counting for a bit

What are you seeing about Nevada?  It’s making me nervous.  How about Arizona?  
well AZ is getting tighter I guess. but whatever it is, let's not be afraid of it - count everything.

like I posted upthread, not sure @-fish- & others were wringing their hands over. I mean, I get it, 8K is nothing, but from Twitter and other places I look at the mail in votes should favor Biden. but like I said maybe they're tuned into something I'm not aware of, dunno.

Biden lead is shrinking in AZ and NV though right?
In Arizona a little, yes, although there is apparently a big blue district there that still owes a lot of votes. Nevada hasn’t done anything. 

It appears Biden will take over PA some time today putting an end to all of this hopefully. 

• Love
Reactions: JAA
Semantics.  But the cops came in with gear on and had to set up a parameter.  From what i just read that had to halt counting for a bit
I was making a lame joke.

its pretty terrifying to see, and I feel bad for the poll workers. international election observers have already been critical of Trump's inappropriate remarks/tweets which are undermining public confidence and distorting what is a normal process - we are counting valid votes - into something ominous and foreboding. 

anyway, we'll know soon enough.

In Arizona a little, yes, although there is apparently a big blue district there that still owes a lot of votes. Nevada hasn’t done anything. 

It appears Biden will take over PA some time today putting an end to all of this hopefully. 
I really really hope Biden can overtake him in Georgia too.  I know it would likely be razor-thin, but the optics of that would be huge.  I've been obsessed with watching that vote count.

What makes you say this?  Really getting to the bottom of the barrel of voted now, and still thousands to make up. 
Mail-in, mostly urban districts have outstanding ballots. With numbers mirroring the D/R breakdown in those areas thus far, looks like an easy W for Biden.

I really really hope Biden can overtake him in Georgia too.  I know it would likely be razor-thin, but the optics of that would be huge.  I've been obsessed with watching that vote count.
Agreed. It would be great if he won all the remaining swings, which looks possible everywhere except NC. No idea what’s going on there.

What makes you say this?  Really getting to the bottom of the barrel of voted now, and still thousands to make up. 
They have only counted an estimated 89% of the vote. That means there is still 800K left. Biden is getting 3 out of every 4 votes. That would net +400K and he’s down 164K.

Hundreds of thousands of votes there, all Mail-in, so theoretically blue, and he’s been cleaning house for a while now.  

Agreed. It would be great if he won all the remaining swings, which looks possible everywhere except NC. No idea what’s going on there.
Right, if it ends up being 306-232 then it's a lot different situation than 2000 when they legal fight was isolated to one state.

I was making a lame joke.

its pretty terrifying to see, and I feel bad for the poll workers. international election observers have already been critical of Trump's inappropriate remarks/tweets which are undermining public confidence and distorting what is a normal process - we are counting valid votes - into something ominous and foreboding. 

anyway, we'll know soon enough.
If this was happening in an election in Eastern Europe or South America and Bush or Obama were President, they would have likely issued a very strong statement rebuking the behavior of the leader and their supporters. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hundreds of thousands of votes there, all Mail-in, so theoretically blue, and he’s been cleaning house for a while now.  
Philly in particular is going to be important for Biden to close the gap.  Historically they're very heavy Dem.

• Love
I actually am cool with the stance NC is taking. 

A) They are unlikely to actually matter in the end 

B) They legally can still be receiving votes via mail for a few days so why rush to count all these votes and give the impression of one result only to possibly have to reverse course next week. That seems to only invite more controversy.

Here's a look at when we'll get updates from local officials today:

10:30 a.m. ET: Georgia's Secretary of State will hold a news conference. There's currently a 33,000-vote margin between Trump and Biden, and there’s around 90,000 votes remaining to be counted.

Noon ET: Clark County, Nevada, which includes Las Vegas, will give an update. The country has the largest share of votes in Nevada, and was silent on updates yesterday. Across Nevada, Biden holds a slim 8,000 vote lead.

9 p.m. ET: Officials in Arizona's Maricopa County — the biggest county in Arizona, which in the Phoenix area — plan to give their next update. The county tweeted overnight that 275,000 ballots remain.

Pennsylvania: The state as a whole has about 750,000 mail-in ballots to be counted, according to the Secretary of State’s website, though this figure has not been updated recently. Allegheny County, which includes Pittsburgh, has finished tabulating mail-in and absentee ballots. Officials say the county will resume tabulating several precincts’ worth of in-person votes later this morning.

Should be ahead by lunchtime.

Seems probable we won’t anyone calling the election by COB though.
Hope you are right, but the info we are getting about how many votes remain to be counted is all over the place and as such the likelihood of Biden catching Trump ranges from "statistically impossible" (if the SOS offhand remarks are to be believed) to "could happen, but will be a nail-biter" (if online sources are to be believed).

Also, I worry greatly about civil unrest the longer it takes to call this.  Which is NOT to say that we shouldn't follow the process and take the necessary time.  Just tthat the nhe nonsense heard and seen in just the past 24 hours has been worrisome enough and now everything is pointing to this election being called on Friday.  Could be an ugly weekend. 😨

If this was happening in an election in Eastern Europe or South America and Bush or Obama were President, they would have likely issued a very strong statement rebuking the behavior of the leader and their supporters. 
International election observers rebuke Trump's 'unprecedented attempts to undermine public trust’

• Love
Serious question:

Can anyone imagine President Trump ever issuing a concession speech?
That’s not his style. That’s not the style his supports want him to have. It’s OK that his style is different. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread