Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***Official 2020 Election General***

hagmania

3 minutes ago, Yankee23Fan said:

I'm tracking with 538s interactive map and as of right now Trumps odds have gone up... to 11 in 100.

There a link to this? I can’t find it on their site. 

5 minutes ago, cap'n grunge said:

If Biden shocks in Ohio, it's gotta be good news in PA, WI, and MI.

I agree.  Michigan will go joe but wi, pa and Ohio are the key.

All I wanted for tonight was for Biden to win Florida so that PA would become a non-issue because it is going to be a cluster. Based on our laws here, PA will not have results for several days. I just really don't want that to be the case and I don't think it is good for the country either for this to drag on.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Just now, TheMagus said:

All I wanted for tonight was for Biden to win Florida so that PA would become a non-issue because it is going to be a cluster. Based on our laws here, PA will not have results for several days. I just really don't want that to be the case and I don't think it is good for the country either for this to drag on.

Arizona and NC should be decided tonight so either one gives Biden enough

• Love 2

1 minute ago, timschochet said:

Coming close in Texas isn’t a moral victory. And MSNBC is lying when they say that Biden had written off Florida- nobody wrote off Florida! 22 out of 26 polls had Biden winning. 

I’m starting to get freaked out here. 

Same 😢

2 minutes ago, TheMagus said:

Yeah, these were my thoughts too. Still think Biden is the favorite overall but his non-messy path to victory needed FL. It's going to come down to PA and it's gonna be an awful week.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Decision Desk HQ has called FL for Trump.  It appears to me on the county maps the remaining vote is strong for Trump.  His margin in FL will be greater than 2016 due to his performance in Miami-Dade it appears.  GA has moved to 85% Trump on the NYT needles.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/11/03/us/elections/forecast-president.html

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, BobbyLayne said:

Indiana was never really in play, though - looked red all summer and fall

southern Indiana is a world unto itself; not sure what to call it but midwest doesn't fit lol

Of course it wasn't in play, the point of the exercise is that Indiana closes before all of the other Midwestern states so if you compare it to 2016, could be a sneak preview of how the other more competitive ones will go (adjusted for the partisan differences, of course).  That hinges on how representative it is, which is open for debate.  

Just now, stlrams said:

I think it has more to do with the economy but just mo

We’ll see how Hispanic votes go elsewhere in the sunbelt. If Texas and Arizona look like Florida then maybe you’re right. But there’s a good chance that Florida Hispanic voting trends are outliers.

1 minute ago, Sneegor said:

Nice to see Trump get Florida, still a lot of work to do.  AZ is all Trump.  He gets PA and he has got it.

I don’t know that AZ is all Trump. 

• Love 1

1 minute ago, timschochet said:

In the old days they used to call New Jersey a month or two  before the polls closed. 

In Illinois you could die a month or two before the polls closed and they'd still count your vote on election day. Right up to the finish, those guys!

Edited by rockaction

2 minutes ago, rockaction said:

ABC has good news for Democrats in Texas. Overperforming in Harris and Denton.

Denton has a great punk rock scene these days. They called it "red" on the news, but it's got a vibrant art scene, generally not Republican. 

I think Denton went Hillary in 2016, and blue in the 2018 midterms. Gotta look it up.

2 minutes ago, PennStater77 said:

wow.. Trump winning Florida and pulling ahead in Georgia, this could be a massive landslide.

He was always going to win Georgia.  Zero chance for Biden there, IMHO.  I think NC is his best early surprise chance. Hilary got 2.1M votes in 2016 in NC.  Biden already has 1.9M in NC with 60% of vote in.  Most of big cities have reported, but it's going to be close imo

Edited by shader
  • Like 1