Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***Official 2020 Election General***

hagmania

7 minutes ago, TLEF316 said:

Yeah, this Nevada guy is handling himself well. Obviously a ton of pressure on him.

You know that dude is PRAYING that a couple other states call it for Biden today 

They need to get Alaska guy on TV as well.  I'd like to hear what that guy has to say and check out the cut of his jib.

• Like 1

Just now, CletiusMaximus said:
8 minutes ago, TLEF316 said:

Yeah, this Nevada guy is handling himself well. Obviously a ton of pressure on him.

You know that dude is PRAYING that a couple other states call it for Biden today 

They need to get Alaska guy on TV as well.  I'd like to hear what that guy has to say and check out the cut of his jib.

i hope when they get him he is fighting a bear but still calmly conducting the interview take that to the bank bromigos 

• Like 2
  • Laughing 2

2 minutes ago, dgreen said:

Pennsylvania SOS said about 550,000 ballots left to count. Could have the "overwhelmingly majority counted today". Pennsylvania could be called today.

Did she have a news conference? I'm jonesing for another state official briefing now.

3 minutes ago, BobbyLayne said:

Joe Gloria is gonna be the name of my Jim Croce cover band.

That was textbook stuff. Meticulous, detailed, clear and straightforward. You could make a tape of that and use it for press conference training.

what makes it even better is he's the same guy that got ambushed by beer/bbq/freedom guy.  nothing shakes him.  ice man.

• Like 3

Just now, cap'n grunge said:

I say Joe wins PA.by 50k votes.

550k outstanding

If 65% Joe is 357,500

If 35% Don is 192,500

That's a swing of 165,000 votes. Current deficit is 115,000. Net is 50K.

I think 65% is too low, but, yeah, it's inevitable.

A normal candidate would concede tonight.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dgreen said:

Pennsylvania SOS said about 550,000 ballots left to count. Could have the "overwhelmingly majority counted today". Pennsylvania could be called today.

In prime time.

Will be the first time in my life with the election on TV1 in the garage and thursday night football on TV2. 

:banned:

Edited by ChiefD
  • Like 3
  • Love 2

56 minutes ago, gianmarco said:

By my rough math, total vote should be about 4,908,000.

There are 49,500 left based on current totals. 13,500 difference.

31500/18000 split needed.

63% for Biden to overtake.

:popcorn:

This guys is tracking the votes coming in:

https://twitter.com/gtryan/status/1324413829351170048

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

3 minutes ago, dgreen said:

CNN interview. Still going.

from yesterday

responding to a question about Trump lawsuit/Giuliani accusation: "While we cannot comment on ongoing litigation, rest assured: we get to decide when the last vote is counted."

♥️

Edited by BobbyLayne

18 minutes ago, Uwe Blab said:

So if *knockonwood* Nevada would get called, what will Fox and the AP do?  Think they'll pull back Arizona or will they double down and keep it, calling a Biden win.

Have been asking for the last day why Fox and AP didn't pull AZ back as it was always possible that NV could then decide it.  Seems like they dodged a bullet with NV's slow pace.

Still, if you are the Fox guy that called AZ 36 hours ago, how much are you betting on Bovada's Trump +210.  If I had my neck out there this long I'd have definitely thrown a big hedge bet.  If AZ somehow flips to Trump that dude is out of a job.  Hell, even if it's close and goes to Biden it was pretty obviously called too soon and he'll be reputationally damaged.  Sorry, but I do like to consider the persona/professional incentives behind some of this stuff.

Sorry if this is too off topic.  Back to the numbers...

1 minute ago, -jb- said:
5 minutes ago, BobbyLayne said:

Joe Gloria is gonna be the name of my Jim Croce cover band.

That was textbook stuff. Meticulous, detailed, clear and straightforward. You could make a tape of that and use it for press conference training.

what makes it even better is he's the same guy that got ambushed by beer/bbq/freedom guy.  nothing shakes him.  ice man.

hes the kind of man that other men want to be and who women think they can change but you know what no one can change him because is a brohans brohan livin the dream take that to the bank bromigos 

• Love 1
  • Laughing 1

2 minutes ago, Gr00vus said:

Making an enemy out of McCain will have proven to have been a bad long term strategy as well.

Absolutely.  I don't think it's going to ultimately matter with the final numbers, but it would have been so sweet if it was.

28 minutes ago, Pitchfork said:

Interesting tweet from @nxthompson

If Nevada is decisively Biden, as now seems likely, and everyone calls it, Fox is going to have a crazy tense decision about uncalling Arizona. Because, if they don't, they got to call the whole thing.

PA will be called for Biden before Nevada.

• Like 1

As this goes on you can see the hard work and seriousness with which everyone in the government is taking the process and how dedicated they are to being transparent and accurate. Except for one person of course.

• Like 23
  • Love 3

31 minutes ago, Drunken Cowboy said:

This guys is tracking the votes coming in:

https://twitter.com/gtryan/status/1324413829351170048

biden better hope its not a bunch of madison county votes they are going like 3 to 1 for trump take that to the bank brohans 

Edited by SWC
see the thing is there are literally four votes in that county 3 for trump and 1 for biden my jokes are stupid so i explained it bam another win for the swcer
  • Thinking 1

40 minutes ago, BobbyLayne said:

hehe

I like my Presidential Elects to behave Presidential

Does this seem presidential to you?

Joe Biden

@JoeBiden

Be patient, folks. Votes are being counted, and we feel good about where we are.

11:40 AM · Nov 5, 2020

Where are the ALL CAPS, the misspellings and typos, the thinly-veiled threats of violence against his subjects?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 11
  • Sad 1

I get that there are still ballots to come in so it makes sense to say they'll be counting until whenever that deadline is. What I don't get is why some states can seemingly handle counting 100s of thousands of votes a day, and others seem to struggle counting 10s of thousands of votes in a day.

i bet it probably slows things down when every single ballot is being challenged vetted and verified now at a clip they may not have been earlier on in the process and also you know the larooshes who are trying to bust in and yell stop the vote or keep counting or about how they like beer and bbq take that to the bank bromigos 

• Like 1
  • Thinking 2

2 minutes ago, CletiusMaximus said:
45 minutes ago, BobbyLayne said:

hehe

Joe Biden

@JoeBiden

Be patient, folks. Votes are being counted, and we feel good about where we are.

Where are the ALL CAPS, the misspellings and typos, the thinly-veiled threats of violence against his subjects?

LAW AND ORDER!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SWC said:

i bet it probably slows things down when every single ballot is being challenged vetted and verified now at a clip they may not have been earlier on in the process and also you know the larooshes who are trying to bust in and yell stop the vote or keep counting or about how they like beer and bbq take that to the bank bromigos 

That probably has a lot to do with the processing rate. But isn't that happening in PA as well? And they're going to get through 500+K ballots today?

• Thinking 1

1 hour ago, cap'n grunge said:

Really really really need multiple state pickup here for Biden for it not to.come.down to a one state difference with legal challenges.

You're fooling yourself if you think there's a circumstance that eliminates legal challenges.  They've already started.

10 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

As this goes on you can see the hard work and seriousness with which everyone in the government is taking the process and how dedicated they are to being transparent and accurate. Except for one person of course.

This. With the ####storm circling the folks counting ballots, I give them all the credit in the world for doing a good job albeit a little slow for some people’s taste. I’d rather have a correct count than a quick count any day. 

• Like 5

From NBC News: 

Georgia's largest county finished processing absentee ballots, results coming soon

Around 1:30 p.m. ET Thursday, Fulton County Elections Director Rick Barron said that officials there have finished processing absentee ballots.

As many as 7,000 vote tallies will be published later Thursday.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Commish said:

You're fooling yourself if you think there's a circumstance that eliminates legal challenges.  They've already started.

And so far they are being thrown out. I’ve yet to hear anyone articulate any validity. They seem like desperation plays.

Just now, Ilov80s said:

And so far they are being thrown out. I’ve yet to hear anyone articulate any validity. They seem like desperation plays.

The farther right you go, the deeper the legal challenges get.  Bannon is talking about state legislatures not recognizing the popular vote and choosing the electors.  

15 minutes ago, CletiusMaximus said:
58 minutes ago, BobbyLayne said:

hehe

Joe Biden

@JoeBiden

It feels so good.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Sure...but they'll keep bringing them and I'm fine with that.  Anything to string him along so he has something to focus on other than the country.

• Like 2

man this joe gloria guy from nevada is my new favorite election guy up there with karnacky when you watch that video of him when the beer and bbq guy starts yelling old joe looks at him like what a tool and where are this guys legs and you know why because ole joe doesnt give an f if there wasnt a bunch of camera crews around he would have broken beer bbq dork in half and then taken his papershaker out for a malt and to watch the submarine races because thats how he rolls take that to the bank brohans