What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Trade Advice (1 Viewer)

Which side do you like

• I get Jackson / Ingram

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I keep Kamara / Minshew

Votes: 6 100.0%

• Total voters

wombat104

Footballguy
Potential blockuster trade.  It is a 14 team dynasty league, suplerflex so QB's are a premium.  0.5 PPR and passing TD' are 4 points.

I give Kamara and Minshew

I get Lamar Jackson and Mark Ingram

My current QB's:  Bridgewater, Garoppolo and Minshe

My current RB's:  Kamara, James Robinson, Chase Edmonds, all 3 Rams RB (Henderson, Akers and Brown) and AJ Dillon

I am leaning toward accepting, I like my ability to mine for RB's more than QB's.  Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't play in superflex leagues, so please take my advice with a grain of salt.

In my league, Minshew is a wash when comparing  ff scoring with Jackson, for eight games, Minshew has scored two point more than Jackson. Maybe Jackson is better, but right now I wouldn't take that deal because Kamara is a top fantasy RB, and is way too high of a price to change QBs that are scoring about the same.  Mark Ingram is 30 years old and past his prime.

Not sure why you like Jackson better, but giving up Kamara is way too high of a price to exchange QBs. 

I would either counter offer without offering Kamara, or I would consider other trade options that you have.

It would be tough to find a RB as a good replacement for Kamara while mining for RBs.

I think you can get more for Kamara as Jackson is good. I would personally try to trade kamara for 2 players that will help you as ingram is done for. Target qbs like carr, stafford, wentz, or big ben and try and gain some more running backs or wide receivers and/or slme draft picks

If your league is anything like mine (superflex, dynasty) you cannot get QB's pried away from anyone without an overpay.  There are no QB's available and most of the backups are rostered as well.  I understand your dilemma for sure (Cousins was just traded for a late 2021 1st rounder in my league to give you some idea on value). 

Compared to other positions do QB's score more actual points?  What does the top 20 look like with respect to position distribution? 

This trade is essentially Kamara and Minshew for Lamar.  That is a ton to pay for Lamar with everything else being equal (meaning there are no salary implications or years able to keep differences).   I also think you should be buying Lamar low because he has disappointed and is coming off one of his worst games ever.  I would look to get somebody much better than Ingram included as you can use help at RB and Ingram isn't it. 

I think you could get better value for Kamara even though QB's are tough to pry away from people.  And depending on the positional distribution of the top 20-30 players you may not need to force a QB into the SF position either.   

Appreciate all the responses.  Jackson has scored 143 points so far, Kamara has 171.  Kamara is top for RB, then Cook at 164, then Henry at 152, then a bunch of RB in the 110-120 range.  Top WR is 138 and the 10th is 112.  

Jackson is the 15th rated QB.

Yes QB's are hard to get, this is our first year so there really hasn't been a market set for trading but there is nothing on the WW, our rosters go 30 deep and I worried I won't have a QB. 

Appreciate all the responses.  Jackson has scored 143 points so far, Kamara has 171.  Kamara is top for RB, then Cook at 164, then Henry at 152, then a bunch of RB in the 110-120 range.  Top WR is 138 and the 10th is 112.  

Jackson is the 15th rated QB.

Yes QB's are hard to get, this is our first year so there really hasn't been a market set for trading but there is nothing on the WW, our rosters go 30 deep and I worried I won't have a QB. 
You have Bridgewater so you have a starting QB.  I asked about the distribution of the top 20 point scorers in the league because you may be fine starting a non QB in that SF spot

The gulf in value between Kamara and Ingram is massive compared to the one between Minshew and Jackson. Hold.

Users who are viewing this thread