What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How long does it usually take you to vote in person and how long was it this time? (1 Viewer)

2Squirrels1Nut

Footballguy
I've been voting at this location for 9 years.  Normally takes about 5 minutes, max.  This time I arrived at 10:30, thinking I'll miss the before work and lunch crowd but there were 250-300 people in line.  It took me 1.5 hours this year.  Crazy.

• Thanks
Reactions: JAA
I did mail in this year in Tampa so it doesn’t apply. All of the other elections I’ve been down here for, I’ve always voted early so 20 minutes at the most. I’ll never vote on Election Day. 

Figured with mail in and pre-voting, I would be safe showing up before 7 am to beat normal crowds by 15-30 minutes.  Nope.  1 hour 10 minutes in line.  When I left, the line was just as long at 8:00 as it was at 6:50 am.   

Early voted.  Normally I take 15 minutes on a Saturday.  This time was 1 hour on a Monday at 2pm.

10-20 minutes in the past when I have early voted.    This year it was more like 45 minutes.

Day of elections...10 minutes or so.  Today...didn't look like there was a line at my polling location this morning as I walked by (its near the house).  So probably similar 10-15 minutes.  It looked a little busier about 12:30 as I drove by...and Id guess it will pick up the rest of the later afternoon until the polls close.  But there were a ton of early votes here.

This was the first time ever I voted early and via a Dropbox so can’t say personally.  But normally it’s a 10/15 min wait.  This year driving by where I vote it was a #### show.  Social distancing certainly plays a roll in the line length perception but zero percent chance it’s the same normal 10/15 min wait time.  

Piece of cake for me. Plenty of parking. No line. Walked up to the check in table with no one ahead of me. Filled out and submitted ballot. Literally the longest part was walking from the parking lot through the school to get to the gym. Time from exiting car to reentering car was five minutes (with half of that walking time).

Normally around 15 minutes.  But this year's primary was 3 hours so I did a mail in ballot for this election.

About 1 hour 45 minutes.  For non presidential cycles it's not anything near this way.  2016 was about like this too.  2008 had long lines not this bad and 2012 wasn't that bad at all comparatively.

Normally about 15 minutes. Waited 45 minutes first thing this morning. The polling station was EMPTY when I came by on the way home from work. Picked the wrong time to go.  :wall:

Usually 3-5 mins  today 1 hour. 

I thought it was Covid and high turnout but they changed the machine for the first time in 20+ years. Many people confused  

Usually 30-45 minutes.  Today at 4pm I was in and out in under 10 minutes.  Was suprised there was no line.

Usually 10-15 minutes in the morning before work. Yesterday around 6:30a the line looked like it would take an hour +. So I went to work and came back around 1:30p. From getting out of my car to getting back in took about 12 minutes which included talking to my neighbors for about 5 minutes. 

Users who are viewing this thread