What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FanDuel Week 9 (1 Viewer)

FatNate

Footballguy
Season is quickly moving by.  Week 9 is upon us.  Please post your comments and thoughts here.  Let's help one another grind out some cashola this week.  Later tomorrow, I will post the week 9 league link.

Struggling with the Thursday game, mostly trying to find players. A. Rogers/D. Adams/J. Hasty/R. Gould/M. Crosby, Rogers as the MVP. Picked the kickers thinking somebody has got to score. Think GB dominates but SF isn't going to just lay down even with half their offense out with injury.

Sunday's lineup I'm heavy on ARZ and PIT. K. Murray/D. Hopkins/L. Fitzgerald...J. Conner/V. McDonald/Pit D...D. Johnson/S. Diggs/N. Fant. ARZ plays @ MIA and PIT plays @ DAL. Not sold on it but wanted try stacking players to see how it works.

Edit to add - Thursday game still on as of 1:00pm EST but the 49ers just shut down their facility due to COVID. Kinda looking like game might get postponed

Last edited by a moderator:
I usually do not put much thought into the single gamers and I always try to be different.  As of now I have this one loaded:  MVP Ervin with Adams - Dwelley - McKinnon - Aiyuk.

I am also doing one Thu-Mon lineup and looks like this for now:  Wilson - Ervin/Connor/Robinson - Diggs/Lockett/Cooks - Dwelley - Patriots.

Way to early for me to know much more at this point.

Playing the following QBs (stacking RB/WR/Opposing WR for each lineup): Wilson / Hebert / Mahomes / Cousins at 20% exposure each, Allen / Carr / Bridgewater / Stafford at 5% exposure each.

RBs I will roster: Carson (or whoever if he's injured) / LAC RB at 20% each, Singletary / Swift at 5%, Jacobs / CAR RB / CEH / Cook / Henry / Robinson / Conner / Zeke / Gaskin at up to 30% each.

DEF I like: HOU / PIT 

EDIT: Looks like Stafford going to the COVID Reserve. That game will probably get downgraded from a points perspective.

EDIT EDIT: Gaskin going to IR. Likely a split between Howard and Laird this week. Time to avoid.

Looking at the single game Thursday, I am pretty chalk.   I usually go QB from both teams. Best from each side and a cheap flyer.  This week is am looking at something like:

Rodgers/Mullins/Adams/Aiyuk/St. Brown 

As for the Sunday slate,  I am loving DeShawn Watson and will go heavy into the HOU-JAX game.  I am  using a stack of Watson/Fuller IV/ Fells running it back with Robinson from Jacksonville.  I am also adding  DaJohnson and HOU as a secondary stack on others.  

Another game I like is the SEA-BUF game.  While most will go with a Sea stack,  I am looking more at a BUF stack with Allen/Diggs/Beasley. Might do 2 just so I can have 1 each with Lockett and Metcalf.

The final game I like is DEN -ATL for some reason.  Kinda of going off script with this one, but I can see a high scoring game.  Setting up a DEN stack with Locke/Gurley II/ Fant.  Bit of a risk, but should be an under the radar choice.

Looking at the single game Thursday, I am pretty chalk.   I usually go QB from both teams. Best from each side and a cheap flyer.  This week is am looking at something like:

Rodgers/Mullins/Adams/Aiyuk/St. Brown 

As for the Sunday slate,  I am loving DeShawn Watson and will go heavy into the HOU-JAX game.  I am  using a stack of Watson/Fuller IV/ Fells running it back with Robinson from Jacksonville.  I am also adding  DaJohnson and HOU as a secondary stack on others.  

Another game I like is the SEA-BUF game.  While most will go with a Sea stack,  I am looking more at a BUF stack with Allen/Diggs/Beasley. Might do 2 just so I can have 1 each with Lockett and Metcalf.

The final game I like is DEN -ATL for some reason.  Kinda of going off script with this one, but I can see a high scoring game.  Setting up a DEN stack with Locke/Gurley II/ Fant.  Bit of a risk, but should be an under the radar choice.
For Thurs, if I play, I'll do DK instead of FD. I will definitely have the GB defense in that case. Rodgers at the captain, and probably GB RB, Adams, and whatever SF has that fits.

Aiyuk not playing. 

The HOU game might go COVID, so stay on top of the news.

For Thurs, if I play, I'll do DK instead of FD. I will definitely have the GB defense in that case. Rodgers at the captain, and probably GB RB, Adams, and whatever SF has that fits.

Aiyuk not playing. 

The HOU game might go COVID, so stay on top of the news.
Only SF player I have is JaMycal Hasty. Figure they gotta give the ball to someone and running is safer than throwing although they should be way behind from the kickoff.

I updated my single gamer to this:

MVP Ervin with Adams - Dwelley - McKinnon - Rogers

Honestly, think the Packers underperform tonight.  Game stays closer than most think and lower scoring.  Might create one more lineup and plug in both kickers.

Something like:  MVP Ervin with Crosby - Gould - Hasty - McKinnon

I updated my single gamer to this:

MVP Ervin with Adams - Dwelley - McKinnon - Rogers

Honestly, think the Packers underperform tonight.  Game stays closer than most think.  Might create one more lineup and plug in both kickers.

Something like:  MVP Ervin with Crosby - Gould - Hasty - McKinnon
the both Kickers might be a good, low-ownership play. I'd probably only use Crosby though.

So, the Dodds game predictor thinks tonight's game will be slightly lower scoring than the Vegas O/U, and also thinks that SF will have more total yards passing AND rushing than the Packers. Has it not been updated for tonight's inactives?

So, the Dodds game predictor thinks tonight's game will be slightly lower scoring than the Vegas O/U, and also thinks that SF will have more total yards passing AND rushing than the Packers. Has it not been updated for tonight's inactives?
I like San Fran to cover and the under. Packers are on their 4th string running back. Their WR group is depleted. They have an average Defense. Make no mistake Rodgers and Adams are the best players tonight, but I think San Fran Defense keeps it competitive all night.

I like San Fran to cover and the under. Packers are on their 4th string running back. Their WR group is depleted. They have an average Defense. Make no mistake Rodgers and Adams are the best players tonight, but I think San Fran Defense keeps it competitive all night.
Everything I'm reading says Aaron Jones will be at 100% for tonight's game. Obviously we'll know for sure in about 45 minutes...

OK, with A. Jones officially active for tonight, I'm going with the following: Captain - Adams, Flex - Rodgers, Jones, Crosby, GB DEF, Trent Taylor. I just have a feeling it's going to be a GB ###-whuppin'. Too much going south for the 49ers...

Solomon Grundy said:
OK, with A. Jones officially active for tonight, I'm going with the following: Captain - Adams, Flex - Rodgers, Jones, Crosby, GB DEF, Trent Taylor. I just have a feeling it's going to be a GB ###-whuppin'. Too much going south for the 49ers...
Thanks.  That definitely changes things. 

One lineup tonight and it is not double kickers. 

MVP McKinnon with Rodgers/Jones/Adams/Reed

Yeah, I got McKinnoned in garbage time. Was in the money with 0:08 left in the game. Picked the wrong super-cheap SF WR or would have finished near the top. Both FBG and Rotowire showed Taylor as the better pick.

I keep landing on Thomas (TE) and Falcons (D), in order to fit other pieces.  Any suggestions around those price points.

I keep landing on Thomas (TE) and Falcons (D), in order to fit other pieces.  Any suggestions around those price points.
I like Akins, O'Shaughnessey, and Kroft around that price point, especially Akins.

Defenses at that price, honestly, only TEN and HOU look viable. I like HOU there. Others I like are PIT (obviously, that's going to be a bloodbath) and ARZ.

I should have checked in here before the game. I had Aaron Jones in my lineup to start the week then moved off. Meant to check as I knew he was gametime decision but forgot. Would have put me in the money on both entries I had for last night. Live and learn  :kicksrock:

My Friday night version...

Allen, Cook, Dallas, Edmonds, Diggs, Allen, Shepard, Waller, Atlanta

My week 9 lineup (subject to change):

Watson/ McCaffrey/Dallas/ Diggs/Allen/ Lockett/ Waller / Jeudy / HOU

FatNate said:
Current Lineup:

Mahomes - CMC/Edmonds/Robinson - Hardman/Cooks/Shepard - Andrews - Falcons
Updated:

Watson - Conner/Edmonds/Dallas - Fuller/J Brown/Allen - Waller - Steelers 

Looks like I am loading up at RB with Conner/Robinson/Edmonds/Dallas.  Makes me very worried I do not have enough Cook and CMC.  

I am way underweight on Arizona.  I am banking on Miami’s defense being solid, but with no run game and an unproven Tua that could be a mistake. 

I'm going to play one DK Milly Maker lineup and it's going to be a LVR-LAC game stack with Carr at QB...Right now on a points-per-dollar basis, Carr is the top.

EDIT: Carr - Jacobs / J. Jackson - McLaurin / Cooks / Ruggs / Julio Jones - Hunter Henry - PIT

Miss looking at stats and stuff during the week, but wasn't helpful to the bankroll, so I stopped.  

Put together 6 on DK, DGAF, just listened to 2 podcasts in the car, little thought LUs in.  3 Lock, 1 Carr, 1 Mahomes, 1 Murray.   Only used CMC, Cook, Gibson, Conner, and Dallas.  Only used Minnesota and Atl D.  

Good luck, all- hopefully someone takes down a gpp!

Looks like K Allen is good to go, and with Ridley sounding like he’s out, I’m currently at:

Herbert/Cook/Edmonds/Julio/Allen/Beasley/Waller/Dobbins/Atl

Homer another week healthy and Collins being active have moved me off Dallas

I still like this one.  Need to keep an eye on Allen and his illness. 
For anyone concerned about Allen I found a pivot that works for me. Most of my Allen lineups were run back with Waller.  Swap Julio in for Allen and Fant for Waller. Fits for me and still gives solid correlation, but to a different game. 

Looks like K Allen is good to go, and with Ridley sounding like he’s out, I’m currently at:

Herbert/Cook/Edmonds/Julio/Allen/Beasley/Waller/Dobbins/Atl

Homer another week healthy and Collins being active have moved me off Dallas
I have seen some concerns about Dallas splitting carries, but I still think it’s a good value and exposure to a great offense. I also think the matchup for him this week is better than it was last week. The real key is if he gets an opportunity for TD or not, which we all know is very challenging to predict. 

anyone else notice that Chase Edmonds is listed as 6900 in the optimizer when he is actually 7400 at Fan Duel?  

nice ...now starting over

For anyone concerned about Allen I found a pivot that works for me. Most of my Allen lineups were run back with Waller.  Swap Julio in for Allen and Fant for Waller. Fits for me and still gives solid correlation, but to a different game. 
Ha Ha...I already had Julio in the same lineup with Allen.  I swapped Allen to Diggs.  $100 difference which I had to play with

Well...CMC's 2nd TD gives me a small chance, but for the most part not having Dalvin Cook COOKED me for winning our league...

Well, I need the afternoon games to completely dud out.  Sitting at 30th place or so currently and nobody left in my lineup.   206+ on DK.  

Users who are viewing this thread