What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official President Joe Biden Thread*** BEST EVER! (6 Viewers)

Don't do this yet.  It's 2020!!
Dewey wait until tomorrow?

@SHIZNITTTT - it might help to encourage comments on what folks here would like to see Biden do as he plans for, and heads into, a transition (God willin' and the creek don't rise).  What are the priorities and desires of the gang here?  Where should Joe and Kamala begin?

I’m glad the Rs held onto the senate. No over reaching changes, normalcy in the executive branch, but more bipartisanship. 
I had thought about this too, though I'm not sure "glad" is how I feel. I'm cautiously optimistic that, with a slight R majority (but including Collins), some degree of bipartisanship can occur (sorry, @MAC_32 !)...as it should.  Hopefully the Ds can pick up that GA seat in the runoff.  Still a slim chance in NC as well.

I had thought about this too, though I'm not sure "glad" is how I feel. I'm cautiously optimistic that, with a slight R majority (but including Collins), some degree of bipartisanship can occur (sorry, @MAC_32 !)...as it should.  Hopefully the Ds can pick up that GA seat in the runoff.  Still a slim chance in NC as well.
If there were a number less than 0 to describe my confidence in bipartisanship by a chamber with McConnell in control than that's the number I would use. 

I posted in the other thread but MitchM saying today he wants a stimulus deal by the end of the year. Funny timing Mitch. 

This still feels premature, because I fully expect some shenanigans from Trump. 
Everything I see suggests we have a new President.   Waiting for votes to be counted before declaring victory is another differentiator between the two candidates.  

This still feels premature, because I fully expect some shenanigans from Trump. 
Everything I see suggests we have a new President.   Waiting for votes to be counted before declaring victory is another differentiator between the two candidates.  
Every vote count.

Count all votes.

Accept the results.

As for Trump and his inept attempts at subverting the process through the courts...

Y'all got kids? When they were toddlers, you ever just leave them on the floor and let them melt down while you go off to the kitchen or whatever to get something done?

Let him have his meltdowns. It's dubious he has any legal grounds and I suspect the margin (300/306-238/232) will make the effort moot.

Think about it. 2000  was one state with a very slim margin. THAT was onerous. Amp that up to where you have to win two or three of those. And on what grounds? It's like asking for a recount in WI. You could, but you're not finding 20k votes.

76 days.

Lawsuits don’t seem to have any traction, but the prospects of faithless electors is more daunting.
While it’s a legitimate concern, I don’t think I’d go with daunting. In the end I have faith it’s gonna work out 

Just heard someone say Trump is casting about looking for his James Baker (Bush 2000) and he’s stuck with Rudy.

Not exactly the A team legal counsel.

Too early. I want him to win but election isn’t decided yet. This thread will just create more fighting and is basically intended to inflame Trump supporters. I would shut it down if I had that power (and I clearly don’t). 

Before I respond: Are you aware that in a given state, a completely different slate of electoral voters are named depending on which party’s candidate gains a plurality of that state’s popular vote?

In other words, 16 long-term Georgia Democratic Party members cast electoral votes for Georgia if Biden wins the state. If Trump wins, on the other hand, 16 long-term Georgia Republican Party member cast the electoral votes.

When you vote in Hawaii, strictly you are voting for a bloc of five electoral voters — not for “Joe Biden” or “Donald Trump”.

Before I respond: Are you aware that in a given state, a completely different slate of electoral voters are named depending on which party’s candidate gains a plurality of that state’s popular vote?

In other words, 16 long-term Georgia Democratic Party members cast electoral votes for Georgia if Biden wins the state. If Trump wins, on the other hand, 16 long-term Georgia Republican Party member cast the electoral votes.

When you vote in Hawaii, strictly you are voting for a bloc of five electoral voters — not for “Joe Biden” or “Donald Trump”.
I didn’t know they had to match the party affiliation who won the popular vote. This doesn’t make it sound like it’s mandatory:

Article II, Section 1 of the Constitution states that electors can’t be a member of Congress, or hold federal office, but left it up to individual states to figure out everything else. According to the 14th Amendment, ratified after the Civil War, electors also can’t be anyone who has “engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the United States, or given aid or comfort to its enemies.” 

The Constitution gave each state a number of electors equal to the combined total of representatives and senators who represent that state in the U.S. Congress. State legislatures are responsible for choosing electors, but how they do this varies from state to state. Until the mid-1800s, it was common for many state legislatures to simply appoint electors, while other states let their citizens decide on electors. 

Today, the most common method of choosing electors is by state party convention. Each political party’s state convention nominates a slate of electors, and a vote is held at the convention. In a smaller number of states, electors are chosen by a vote of the state party’s central committee. 

Either way, political parties usually choose people whom they want to reward for their service to and support of the party. Electors can be elected officials or party leaders in the state, or people who have some kind of personal or professional connection with the party’s candidate.
Do you know definitively the electors will be D’s in all the swing states? Are there any democrat voting states that do not mandate electors share the party of the popular vote winner?

While my questions may look crazy, realize Trump’s entire life has been dedicated to gaming the system. He’s shameless and authoritarian, so I don’t put anything past him.

I didn’t know they had to match the party affiliation who won the popular vote. This doesn’t make it sound like it’s mandatory ...

Do you know definitively the electors will be D’s in all the swing states? Are there any democrat voting states that do not mandate electors share the party of the popular vote winner?

While my questions may look crazy, realize Trump’s entire life has been dedicated to gaming the system. He’s shameless and authoritarian, so I don’t put anything past him.
I don't blame you at all for questioning this. And you've got me curious -- while I am confident every state will have Democratic electors where Biden won the popular vote, I do not know that with 100% certainty.

I will return with some links.

Looks like one link will do: SUMMARY: STATE LAWS REGARDING PRESIDENTIAL ELECTORS (PDF) released by the National Association of Secretaries of State in August 2020.

Scroll down to Arizona, Georgia, Nevada, and Pennsylvania and read the first sentence or two of each statute listed (citations are given). Throw in Michigan and Wisconsin for good measure. The language differs from state to state, but each of those states stipulates that state representative sof each or all political parties nominate their own electors.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems more apt to put this  here than in the election thread...

A touching image...

The 1st second dude...or whatever he will be called...their whole family story is a very interesting one...but saw on tv he tweeted this and was just a really cool image to see.

I’ve never been a big fan of Biden but he is handling Trump’s refusal to concede perfectly.  We have become accustomed to politically attacking the other side but this is a good example on how remaining calm and ignoring the ridiculousness can be the best strategy.

I'm praying the networks stop giving Trump any airtime. I don't want to hear about him anymore. I don't care about any rallies. Let him get his alt-right channel and do what he wants. The only thing he craves is attention and the biggest way all the networks can get back at him is by ignoring him completely.
It will be a good day when he tweets something violent or slanderous and gets the Twitter equivalent of Have A Good Season 

Don't really care if Trump rides a bicycle.  Just isn't newsworthy (nor is Biden riding a bicycle).

Rather just not even have to talk about Trump in a short while and certainly don't need to compare every action Biden does to him coming up. It's been exhausting enough and there's obviously plenty to contrast between the two. 

Joe Biden today: "No government contracts will be given to companies that don't make their products here in America"

--

Very dumb. Pure politics at the expense of good economics. 

Also - I think its most likely impossible.

Joe Biden today: "No government contracts will be given to companies that don't make their products here in America"

--

I'm not an expert on GSA but I think it is, at least was, almost impossible for foreign owned entities to get US government contracts. 

I'm not an expert on GSA but I think it is, at least was, almost impossible for foreign owned entities to get US government contracts. 

I am not sure if that's true or not. But that's not what he said. He said the companies have to make their products in the US.

So no phones for gov't employees under Biden? Or computers?

whoknew said:

--

Multi-layer issue

1) There is the Hunter Biden hard drive with the implications of payoffs from foreign entities. Politically Joe Biden needs distance from that and optics that will support that

2) It's bled through into the MSM, no matter how hard special interests tried to stop it, associating big corporations associating with essentially slave labor in concentration camps in China.

https://qz.com/1811305/nike-apple-linked-to-forced-uighur-labor-in-china-report-says/

Are Uighur children in concentration camps making your laptops? Your Nikes? Your IPads?  Deep dive into it shows crimes against humanity like organ harvesting, torture, forcing people into sexual slavery and forced sterilization. To associate this level of atrocity, while also domestically supporting BLM and other woke movements, that already have a shaky link to Marxist ideology, is going to be political suicide for the DNC.

Every conflict with foreign interests for Biden is going to bring back up Hunter Biden. And his son is shown with crack pipes and having sex with hookers ( who might be underaged in this country, so that adds the revulsion factor from female voters). His son also got a stripper pregnant and wouldn't pay child support, then start banging his dead brothers ex , married another woman after only knowing her a few weeks, left drugs in rental cars and got booted from his soft military job for failing a drug test.

This also plays into 2024. How is Joe Biden going to look for relection, with his crackhead son who failed out of a soft military job clearly bought by influence dragging him down, going against Dan Crenshaw? A young respected combat veteran, Navy Seal commander, and Ivy Leaguer will eat him alive with voters. The narrative alone would be damning - Without the edict Biden made above, you'd have a guy accused of cognitive issues with questions about big foreign money for access who could start to be linked to profit for genocide going against a guy who fought overseas to protect America and looks like a bad ### pirate.

Biden also has to clean the mess of his party. Gavin Newsom is basically a house pet who won't stop crapping on the rug. He goes to expensive restaurants with his lobbyists sans social distancing without following his own mandate for Californians to basically cancel Thanksgiving. His winery stays open but other businesses are shut down. His kids go to private schools but everyone else's kids in public school are SOL. He wants to push a 10 year exit tax for people wanting to flee the state and his insanity. He wants all cars to go full green and pushes for renewables that can't sustain the actual needs of the current grid. He's being blamed for not managing the forestry to do a better job of preventing the wildfires. Jenny Durkan. Ted Wheeler. Lori Lightfoot. You'd have big blue cities with rioting and looting and going out of control with people out of work, with DNC stalwarts in charge making it worse, and honest Americans watching their small business burn to the ground and then Biden starts cutting deals with China with the stink of genocide in the air?

There really isn't a choice here. Biden has to actually invest domestically to have any chance in 2024. Never mind actually helping the American people at large.

The regular lefty MSM can no longer control the narrative on this, the Uighur situation. Even Tim Cook took a beating from Ricky Gervais during the Golden Globes. News outlets via social media/YouTube are covering it.

There is no political nor media crisis management when you are linked hand in hand with genocide. Look how badly this narrative cost the NBA, who actually had basketball academies near concentration camps, and where the participants were not educated and were beaten in front of American coaches, all while the league plastered BLM and wokeness all over their courts and draped all over their players. Are LeBron's Nikes stitched together by a child in a concentration camp with a gun to their head?

No amount of money is worth these kind of potential optics that can spiral out of control at any point.

Nice speech today by Biden.   Basically keeping it positive for the future.  Like that he mentioned "Under God, with Gods and the Lords help, God Bless our Troops and stuff like that.   I think he mentioned God or the Lord 7 times.  Refreshing to hear for a change. :thumbup:

Nice speech today by Biden.   Basically keeping it positive for the future.  Like that he mentioned "Under God, with Gods and the Lords help, God Bless our Troops and stuff like that.   I think he mentioned God or the Lord 7 times.  Refreshing to hear for a change. :thumbup:
I think he has ended most speeches with some form of God Bless our Troops.

Users who are viewing this thread