What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official President Joe Biden Thread*** BEST EVER! (1 Viewer)

Any wonder why the Sept 18th protests are being hyped up now? Something is guaranteed to happen at this point just to drive a narrative. 

The problem with the Biden Administration is Trump in the daily media cycle offered them softball after softball.

I want to be fair here. Sometimes Trump acted like a complete and total ### h**e. And sometimes Trump acted like a complete and total d**k.  In life, you can't be too kind and you can't be too generous and you can't be too accommodating. You'll get run over and robbed and taken advantage of out there. So sometimes you need to be an ### hole. Or embody large parts of being one. However you can't just be a relentless d**k to people all the time or you will make them hate you and look to destroy you.

Trump could never balance to two to save his own life. He believed he was a hammer and the rest of the entire world was nails. And they were constantly begging him to slam down on them. It's useful for media optics to win an election against someone despised like HRC, but not so useful for day to day functional governance.

When you learn to survive only hitting a diet of softballs, you don't learn how to hit a real fastball anymore.  I still know all the worthwhile black bag Tier 1 media optics pipe hitters still in the game, and none of them are dumb enough to take a paycheck from the Biden Disaster Zone administration. You demand a Single A pitcher start in the World Series and this hot mess is what you end up getting.

This is why these cheap bait tactics are happening. The MSM has effectively silenced Trump. They can't risk him garnering more media coverage for a potential 2024 run. Biden's handlers and media team want a fresh diet of softballs. They can't hit the hard cheese coming down the pipe. All of those staffers were picked for nepotism and for fitting the intersectionality checklist.

So any "protests" or "gatherings" or "masses" are going to be pushed forward in the shadows by Susan Rice because look how much coverage January 6th got. It was useful to take 5000 people and their actions to smear 74 million Americans.

Biden's handlers and DNC HQ would love to have another Capitol Riots on their hands. They would love the narrative. Josh Hawley was one of the biggest pushes against Big Social Media and Section 230 protections and J6 drove him into irrelevance. And if people have to die and suffer, so what. People died and suffered from rioting and looting all in 2020 and they just didn't care. They let it happen. They even bailed people out. They encouraged it. Because it was a story they could sell.

The amount of pass blocking coverage Susan Rice is getting this cycle is incredible. It's like she has the 1995 Dallas Cowboys O line in front of her.

Biden's handlers and establishment Democrats want Conservative and Republicans packed in one place with lots of cameras and then will try to trigger them. This is the time for our side of the aisle to truly "socially distance"

2024 belongs to Nikki Haley. At this point, the GOP can only lose that cycle by trying to play it cute and loose. Just ground and pound and run out the clock. That's all that needs to be done here. Republicans need to be dry and professional and ignore the gaslighting.

If you see someone juggling hand grenades, don't chase them with a fist full of spoons and pins Just hang back and let them blow themselves up on their own.

BladeRunner said:
Wait...what? Tim quit the forum?  When and why did this happen?
He quit a couple days after he came back.    He swore off the political  forum.     You occasionally  see him looking.   But looks like he is done.    My favorite was he announced  he quit.   Which is a non boss move.

He quit a couple days after he came back.    He swore off the political  forum.     You occasionally  see him looking.   But looks like he is done.    My favorite was he announced  he quit.   Which is a non boss move.

I would have to reread that thread (which of course has been locked) but I don't think he announced that he had quit - but was just thinking of doing so due to the deteriorating discussion discourse in this forum. 

I would have to reread that thread (which of course has been locked) but I don't think he announced that he had quit - but was just thinking of doing so due to the deteriorating discussion discourse in this forum. 
You may be right I just had a private discussion  with just to leave.   Don't announce you are quitting.   It's a anonymous  board.   And announcing you are quitting takes a level of self absorption and narcissism.   I advised him not to do it.    Next day, he announced  he was leaving. And gave his reasons why.    But I don't care enough to actually look.  So I'll just go with my memory.

You may be right I just had a private discussion  with just to leave.   Don't announce you are quitting.   It's a anonymous  board.   And announcing you are quitting takes a level of self absorption and narcissism.   I advised him not to do it.    Next day, he announced  he was leaving. And gave his reasons why.    But I don't care enough to actually look.  So I'll just go with my memory.
I looked up what Tim actually said as I was pretty sure you memory was not entirely accurate:

So I know there are some posters here who would prefer it if I left or was banned permanently. I know this because they’ve posted it. And although in the past it’s never been a consideration, I gotta say it really is one now. I’m getting bored. 

I'm bored of the toxicity and ugliness and insults and trolling and name calling. There’s always been an element of this but in recent weeks it’s gotten worse. 

The other day I was making a list in my head of the posters I’ve enjoyed the most over the years, the ones who were the most thoughtful and provided good insight to every discussion. They’re almost all gone. I may be too shortly if things don’t change around here. Doesn’t look good that they will. 
The way it was worded, Tim left the door open for his return. 

And I don't see a problem with someone making an announcement they are leaving, otherwise we get posts and or threads like "What happened to Tim?" If they are a high profile poster I like to know why they are no longer are contributing to these forums.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rubiobot said:
I have answered this multiple times...try to steal an election...incite a riot...try to convince millions of people the election was rigged despite no evidence among other things. 

it didn't bother you that Bidenhad already had 600 lawyers to contest the election and not concede 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisondurkee/2020/07/02/biden-campaign-deploys-600-lawyers-so-trump-cant-steal-this-election/?sh=42fe11961e00

It didn't bother you any of all the times Democrats incited violence? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj1Rwlztapg

I mean you say those things trying to implicate Trump did those things ... but Biden and Democrats REALLY DID ALL THOSE THINGS 

I looked up what Tim actually said as I was pretty sure you memory was not entirely accurate:

The way it was worded, Tim left the door open for his return. 

And I don't see a problem with someone making an announcement they are leaving, otherwise we get posts and or threads like "What happened to Tim?" If they are a high profile poster I like to know why they are no longer are contributing to these forums.
He posted in one of the music threads about how he wasn't going to post in the PSF anymore. Don't blame him with how he gets treated.

It seems like a good idea for Tim to take some time off, I mean he was posting while on vacation, maybe spending more time with his family and less time here is a positive for him.  I think it wore on him how bad things are going for Biden.  Feels like their was more negative posting/ comments when Trump was president in this forum them Biden.  But I get how hard it is when things are not going well for the blue team, kind of like being a Houston Texas fan. The political forum existed before Tim and will do well post Tim.

It seems like a good idea for Tim to take some time off, I mean he was posting while on vacation, maybe spending more time with his family and less time here is a positive for him.  I think it wore on him how bad things are going for Biden.  Feels like their was more negative posting/ comments when Trump was president in this forum them Biden.  But I get how hard it is when things are not going well for the blue team, kind of like being a Houston Texas fan. The political forum existed before Tim and will do well post Tim.
Even when Tim stops posting he is in your head.  :lol:

Do you think a higher vax rate would solve a lot of these problems we are having?
Fair question... but I don't think it is quite that simple.  With 75% of the adult population vaccinated, one would think the curve would already be "significantly flattened".  However, vaccinated people can still get sick and spread the virus.  Overall, faith (over confidence?) in the vaccine has allowed other preventative strategies (social distancing, masks, avoiding large gatherings) to go by the wayside.  That's a mistake to me... I see far fewer people taking precautions. 

The vaccines have question marks - effectiveness against new variants, need for booster shots (effectiveness numbers have declined).  The blood clot concerns about Johnson & Johnson's vaccine came out the day after my daughter, who has a blood disorder, received her J&J vaccination.  I get why some people have their concerns.

So, no, I don't think its an easy answer and it's turning into a witch hunt for the unvaxed and that is unfortunate.

What percentage of vaxed people would you be comfortable with?

it didn't bother you that Bidenhad already had 600 lawyers to contest the election and not concede 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisondurkee/2020/07/02/biden-campaign-deploys-600-lawyers-so-trump-cant-steal-this-election/?sh=42fe11961e00

It didn't bother you any of all the times Democrats incited violence? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj1Rwlztapg

I mean you say those things trying to implicate Trump did those things ... but Biden and Democrats REALLY DID ALL THOSE THINGS 
No surprise to the crickets.

Hypocrisy of the democrats is off the charts.

Fair question... but I don't think it is quite that simple.  With 75% of the adult population vaccinated, one would think the curve would already be "significantly flattened".  However, vaccinated people can still get sick and spread the virus.  Overall, faith (over confidence?) in the vaccine has allowed other preventative strategies (social distancing, masks, avoiding large gatherings) to go by the wayside.  That's a mistake to me... I see far fewer people taking precautions. 

The vaccines have question marks - effectiveness against new variants, need for booster shots (effectiveness numbers have declined).  The blood clot concerns about Johnson & Johnson's vaccine came out the day after my daughter, who has a blood disorder, received her J&J vaccination.  I get why some people have their concerns.

So, no, I don't think its an easy answer and it's turning into a witch hunt for the unvaxed and that is unfortunate.

Lets try to get here and see if it works out the same for us

Denmark is in a lull right now, as they were earlier this summer, only to see it climb again.... Their infection rate, per capita, is  about half that of the U.S.   I would be hesitant to declare victory as they just began to relax restrictions.  Let's see how it works for them... their vax number is 80% (of those above 12) and they felt the "tipping point" was 50%.   As for the latter number, we're now at 62% (above 12) and another 11% with at least one dose.

No surprise to the crickets.

Hypocrisy of the democrats is off the charts.
Every election candidates have lawyers lined up and ready to contest certain areas if close calls.   That is far different than a complete misinformation campaign that has gone on to this day from last year’s election.   There weren’t actual legal challenges…it was a media blitz of mostly lies.  Which is why were there were even some legal challenges, the lawyers have been being disciplined by the courts.

Denmark is in a lull right now, as they were earlier this summer, only to see it climb again.... Their infection rate, per capita, is  about half that of the U.S.   I would be hesitant to declare victory as they just began to relax restrictions.  Let's see how it works for them... their vax number is 80% (of those above 12) and they felt the "tipping point" was 50%.   As for the latter number, we're now at 62% (above 12) and another 11% with at least one dose.
There are definitely many factors at play, differences between our situations. I’d just like to see what happens if we get to 80%. 

The only truth when it comes to hypocrisy and politics is that it’s part and parcel to both sides.  Anyone strictly pointing their finger at the other side claiming “hypocrisy” is simply playing partisan politics plain and simple.  

Every election candidates have lawyers lined up and ready to contest certain areas if close calls.   That is far different than a complete misinformation campaign that has gone on to this day from last year’s election.   There weren’t actual legal challenges…it was a media blitz of mostly lies.  Which is why were there were even some legal challenges, the lawyers have been being disciplined by the courts.
Link?  Falsehood. 

Next, I will sign an executive order that will now require all executive branch federal employees to be vaccinated — all. I’ve signed another executive order that will require federal contractors to do the same. If you want to work with the federal government and do business with us, get vaccinated. If you want to do business with the federal government, vaccinate your work force.

I can't believe that's legal - we'll see

This is going to be legal and enforceable.  

Why do vax people deny science when it comes to natural immunity?

The question should never be about how many people are vaxed.  

I wish Trump would have said ban abortions in your work force or not get Govt business - that'd have been great and legal and enforceable too right ?
Didn't say I agreed with the decision to do so, but given that requiring vaccinations in some cases is accepted I believe this requirement will hold water.  They can insert it into the FARS as a condition of federal contracts.

But Trump! 

Cant imagine going through life comparing things to Trump. 

Dude, your exact words about Biden's 45% approval rating was that it "Tells you everything you need to know."

OK, then explain what it tells us and then also what Trump's prior 41% lower average told us about him. One would guess that whatever it was telling us about Trump that we needed to know is probably a lot worse. 

This is going to be legal and enforceable.  

Looking at both the Executive Orders,  it's actually three pronged in approach. The first prong, direct federal employees, will almost certainly pass legal muster. The other two prongs I don't see surviving. But who knows, maybe Biden's handlers will have a way to lean on SCOTUS to get what they want.

Here's what no one is talking about.

For every 100 LGBT voters who registered to vote in this last general cycle, 93 of them actually went to the voting booth. That's an incredible return.

Out of every 100 who went to the voting booth, 83 voted for Biden and 25 were first time voters period. That's a clear shift towards winning an entire voting block, but does NOT confer an easy pathway towards "legacy votes"

There's a reason establishment Democrats are pushing the LGBT agenda so hard. Especially in schools and especially with children who are very young. It secures a long term voting block ( via long con policy) that is all but guaranteed to vote Democrat.

Do you know how the tobacco industry got a massive boost? They gave out free cigarettes to servicemen in WW2. Who came home, well the ones who did, and they became lifelong customers. And in those households, their kids were exposed to smoking parents, and many of those kids grew up to become smokers themselves and repeat the legacy chain.

When Gillette released "The Best A Man Can Be" ad campaign roll out in 2020, they got massive backlash and Proctor and Gamble took massive financial hits they had to try to shade down. It was about "toxic masculinity" and it was a dual prong bet. First, that "shock marketing" would generate buzz that has significant dollar value in the national daily media cycle. Second, that appealing to a potential new customer base would exponentially outstrip the older established customers they were going to lose over what was clearly going to be a major controversy in public.

Of course Gillette and P&G have incompetent media optics staffs. Of course they do. A father who teaches his son to shave for the first time might do so with the razors he uses himself. So a young boy might grow to learn, if you shave, you use Gillette, because Dad used Gillette. That's a legacy customer base. Same for fathers watching the NFL with their sons and both are wearing their home team jerseys. So every father that Gillette lost as a customer for life was also a loss in that entire household. It could be generations of sons after sons who might have been learning to shave with Gillette that will now be using Dollar Shave Club or something else.

How many people will say, "Wow, the NFL and Gillette is so woke. I've never watched football before or cared about it for my entire life, but I will magically be a hard core fan who buys Red Zone, gets season tickets, buy lots of merchandise and follow everything possible because they are so damn woke!"  And would they magically start buying overpriced Gillettes in the store because it's just so damn woke?

LGBT can't naturally have children. So you need constant engagement to garner that vote for adults, but YOU NEED TO SET A FOOTHOLD IN A FEEDER SYSTEM TO FRAME HACK YOUR WAY TO A PROXY FOR LEGACY VOTES.

Minors cannot currently give legal informed consent for Puberty Blockers. What happens when a COVID19 vaccine mandate over time becomes a slippery slope legally where after a couple of interviews with some woke school counselors, that they decide your daughter should be your son. Or your son should be your daughter. Or that at the age of 8, your daughter should be indoctrinated that when she's of age, she should only have sex with other girls or women. Or your 7 year old son will be bombarded with the message that he's actually homosexual but doesn't really know it yet.

Political tribalism takes a different spin when it comes to adults now facing issues as PARENTS. What happens when you decide your son is too young to be told he should really be your daughter and no child should be pressured to decide that at 8 years old but a bevy of woke left leaning set of counselors, teachers and those complicit from the medical/healthcare field say otherwise. Then the jackboots come and tell you that your kid is now going to get injected with X or Y because now there's a new law that says you no longer get a say with what happens to your body or your children's bodies because the government has decided it's "in the best interests" of the nation.

Maybe the best way to stop other parents from resisting will be to drag you outside in the middle of the street so your neighbors can see, and the jackboots will use their 26 inch expandable ASP batons and just beat you until you stop moving. You'll be on your knees begging and having your skull crushed in because you don't believe the government should have a say in how you raise your own children in your own home. But it's not your property is it? Because now the CDC can say whatever they want about your ownership rights if they just scream public health needs.

Establishment Democrats want their secured voting block. To get a proxy for "legacy" votes, they will happily watch your 10 year old get dragged into a sterile office and get injected no matter how much screaming and begging happens.

Some of you radical woke lefties here will start shouting, "This could never happen!" You mean "never happen" like abandoning American women in the hands of terrorists to be gang raped after giving said scumbags enough firepower, paid with your tax dollars no less, to come and kill all your children and all your grand children and generations of your family for decades upon decades to come.

If this current administration and the power brokers behind it will abandon American citizens at the hands of terrorists, do you think they will blink twice before subjecting your children to whatever they think needs to be injected in them to get whatever political narrative and/or political capital that they want?

Every licensed and practicing attorney here who posts regularly at FBG in these forums, and waves their law degree around like it gives them Dan Blizerian life rights to party, was taught in their first year of law school that you can't have a functioning society if you tolerate the subversion of our legal system to create these toxic and dangerous slippery slopes that will bleed into actual public policy.  But hey, since it fits Orange Man Bad and it helps "their side" look like it gets a win, so what. So what and more silence.

Can Biden mandate direct federal employees? Yes. The rest however is an open attack on our Constitution. It's an attack on the basic design of Separation of Powers and Checks and Balances as per the intent of the Constitution's founders.  And it's a pathway right towards your children. All of your children.

Freedom doesn't die in a big grand scene at the end of a movie. It's not a spectacle. It's not a rousing speech from a gifted orator. When freedom dies, it dies like this. It slips in like a thief in the night. It passes by almost unnoticed. And it does so inch by inch.

I'm an old man. A geriatric. My prime is gone. I won't live long enough to watch some of you scream out in regret for the world you left your own children. And if I could live that long, I wouldn't take joy nor satisfaction from it. I wouldn't celebrate it. All I know is I'd rather be a dead patriot than to live with that burden that some of you will one day have to carry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude, your exact words about Biden's 45% approval rating was that it "Tells you everything you need to know."

OK, then explain what it tells us and then also what Trump's prior 41% lower average told us about him. One would guess that whatever it was telling us about Trump that we needed to know is probably a lot worse. 

imagine how low Biden would be if the media were tough on him 

Users who are viewing this thread