Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***Official President Joe Biden Thread***

SHIZNITTTT

4 hours ago, IvanKaramazov said:

Let's say for the sake of argument that Trump inappropriately touches kids.  What does that have to do with Joe Biden?  

That South Park aimed too low when satirizing our presidential candidates by using a giant ##### and a turd sandwich when they should have used two candidates who inappropriately touch children?

13 minutes ago, DropKick said:

Easy to understand.  On the flip side, you don't think the "angry old man" shares similar traits?

Sure, some.    IMO there's not that next level narcissism, immature twitter troll, con-man air to Biden.    Both for sure are too creepy for my tastes and both don't seem to be able to own up to responsibility too well.   

That said, for me it was a combo - not only personality.  I am just saying that was a big factor for many, and I don't see that hurdle being reached for people who feel that way.  

10 minutes ago, quick-hands said:

Biden is a nice horrible president.     Trump Is a very flawed person.   But a very effective  president.     But yea.  Some people can't get beyond their hatred. 

That's on them

I am sure many disagree with that.     The dude could have had a slam dunk re-election, but he had to play politics with a virus and pandemic. 

Edited by KarmaPolice

7 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

Sure, some.    IMO there's not that next level narcissism, immature twitter troll, con-man air to Biden.    Both for sure are too creepy for my tastes and both don't seem to be able to own up to responsibility too well.   

That said, for me it was a combo - not only personality.  I am just saying that was a big factor for many, and I don't see that hurdle being reached for people who feel that way.  

Biden is a con man.next level narcissist.    But Twitter was beyond him.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

17 minutes ago, quick-hands said:

Biden is a nice horrible president.     Trump Is a very flawed person.   But a very effective  president.     But yea.  Some people can't get beyond their hatred. 

That's on them

Thanks @Mr.Clutch.   You haven't given my a  🤣 in a while.    Looks like I got that one right.

56 minutes ago, Coach Morris Buttermaker said:

Joe goes off script in Idaho and White House cuts feed

https://youtu.be/wGG7NZjJ2jw

How long had the wildfires briefing gone on before the 14 seconds that were shown? That was it, the entire broadcast? Somehow I doubt that.

There has got to be some more context to this. And we had been told the big worry was his answering unscripted questions, not asking them. :lol:

1 hour ago, Zow said:

I think I went 3/4 guessing the college stadiums in my head before clicking on the link. 

ever hear of college stadiums anywhere in blue voting area's so displeased with Trump that they did the above ?

1 hour ago, KarmaPolice said:

I am sure many disagree with that.     The dude could have had a slam dunk re-election, but he had to play politics with a virus and pandemic. 

Isn't that agreeing wit the person who said he as effective?  People can argue personalities, etc, all day long, but, to be honest, without the pandemic, the track record for the previous 3 years was very solid economically, internationally, etc.  Like you say, it was a slam-dunk. That should indicate a degree (subject to each individual) of doing a good job.  

13 minutes ago, Stealthycat said:

ever hear of college stadiums anywhere in blue voting area's so displeased with Trump that they did the above ?

I seriously have not. Not for any other president actually. Roger Goodell is about the only other person i can think of that sports fan go after like that. 

3 minutes ago, Max Power said:

How did Squis miss this on Twitter?

Biden is awful but I don`t like to see or agree with  this.   #FJB trending everywhere as well.   

Even with Trump and Biden I always said respect the office if not the man.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Summer Wheat said:

Biden is awful but I don`t like to see or agree with  this.   #FJB trending everywhere as well.   

It's just nice to see people coming together. His unpopularity might unite this country. 

• Like 1
  • Laughing 3

36 minutes ago, Shutout said:

Isn't that agreeing wit the person who said he as effective?  People can argue personalities, etc, all day long, but, to be honest, without the pandemic, the track record for the previous 3 years was very solid economically, internationally, etc.  Like you say, it was a slam-dunk. That should indicate a degree (subject to each individual) of doing a good job.  

No, an effective and competent president could have gotten us through phase 1 of covid better.  it was low hanging fruit for a re-election and he couldn't get that done.  

My point is I don't think even the first 3 years were all that good, but I think people would have easily overlooked that if he didn't help turn a pandemic about "sides".  

Edited by KarmaPolice

18 minutes ago, squistion said:

How long had the wildfires briefing gone on before the 14 seconds that were shown? That was it, the entire broadcast? Somehow I doubt that.

There has got to be some more context to this. And we had been told the big worry was his answering unscripted questions, not asking them. :lol:

26 minutes and 43 seconds.  Full of gems like these:

Firefighters have enough injuries and loose as many people as police officers.  The only thing that matters is that there is enough firefighters.

You have the full support of MY government.

People back east don't understand how big the west is.

People are starting to realize that (firefighters) risk their lives.

I wanted to move to Idaho, my first job offer was from Boise Cascade.

What people back east don't get is how we built Hoover dam..... and how valuable access to water is. 

It's not like you can go back, it's not going to get any better, only worse than it is right now.

I learned a long time ago as senator, that all the streams and lakes in New York are full of pollution from Chicago.

I wanted to move to Idaho..........my first job offer was from Boise Cascade.

I guess that's who I'm turning back to, I don't know whoever needs to do the talking.

One of the things I've I've been working on..................with some others.....................is (fade to black, no question answers to be broadcast).

1 minute ago, KarmaPolice said:

No, an effective and competent president could have gotten us through phase 1 of covid better.  it was low hanging fruit for a re-election and he couldn't get that done.  

My point is I don't think even the first 3 years were all that good, but I think people would have easily overlooked that if he didn't help turn a pandemic about "sides".  

As opposed to mister "I have a plan" and where we are now? Let's be realistic-the current administration has done nothing more than take the pieces already in place by the former and "manage" it. They haven't made the country feel like they moved and shared anything positive. 

The second one...Not the thread for it but I promise you, if you are an everyday working person and especially an African American, you KNOW its going down the drain quickly.  Just as one example without changing the thread conversation, compare record-low unemployment to where it is now for Black males AND Females right now...its going through the roof.  The HBC secured by the former admin NEVER happened before (not even with Obama) and hasn't been touched by the current admin.  I don't know about you, but I see inflation and how it's impacting people.  Again, not to change the thread topic but I disagree with anyone who can't look at these past 9 months versus the previous admin and say "meh, they look about the same.. not that good". 

1 hour ago, squistion said:

There has got to be some more context to this.

VIDEO: Joe Biden red faced as live feed CUT OFF amid White House briefing Mar 4, 2021

The awkward moment Joe Biden's live feed was cut off by the White House staff just after he offered to take questions from lawmakers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-BOjz4f5zU

VIDEO: Biden FORGETS reporter's question after live speech on Afghanistan Aug 20, 2021

JOE Biden forgot a reporter's question in his live speech on Afghanistan after the White House boasted about his interviews.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_ex2yQJaZE

VIDEO: Krystal Ball: In Leaked Audio Biden CAUGHT Admitting He Won't Do Anything As President Dec 10, 2020

Krystal Ball digs into audio recordings of a meeting between Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, and civil rights leaders.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lEGCH9_gvE

These links are for the undecideds, moderates and traditional liberals who read but never post.

Listen to how unhinged Biden becomes in the third link and in the audio clip where he's clearly not getting softball questions.

The sitting President of the United States says he wants to start answering questions and them someone else decides to cut him off. Think about that. He's the President. What does that say when someone else has the power to decide YOUR President should or should not speak to the American people.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

32 minutes ago, Summer Wheat said:

I don't give a rat's patootie about tweets showing anti-Biden protesters against mandatory vaccinations.

7 minutes ago, Shutout said:

As opposed to mister "I have a plan" and where we are now? Let's be realistic-the current administration has done nothing more than take the pieces already in place by the former and "manage" it. They haven't made the country feel like they moved and shared anything positive. 

The second one...Not the thread for it but I promise you, if you are an everyday working person and especially an African American, you KNOW its going down the drain quickly.  Just as one example without changing the thread conversation, compare record-low unemployment to where it is now for Black males AND Females right now...its going through the roof.  The HBC secured by the former admin NEVER happened before (not even with Obama) and hasn't been touched by the current admin.  I don't know about you, but I see inflation and how it's impacting people.  Again, not to change the thread topic but I disagree with anyone who can't look at these past 9 months versus the previous admin and say "meh, they look about the same.. not that good". 

:wall:

I don't give #### about "sides" like too many of you seem to be obsessed about.  Don't know why people bother.  

Yes, both are pretty incompetent.  yes, our politics are pretty much a joke right now.   But instead of learning from out mistakes we will probably head right back to the last incompetent guy.   

2 hours ago, KarmaPolice said:

He also tried to overturn an election. 

• Laughing 1

1 hour ago, Shutout said:

Yeah, effective at trying to dismantle our democracy.

12 minutes ago, squistion said:

I don't give a rat's patootie about tweets showing anti-Biden protesters against mandatory vaccinations.

But it was NY with plenty of minorities marching against Biden and mandatory vaccines.  That would be right up your alley.

2 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

:wall:

I don't give #### about "sides" like too many of you seem to be obsessed about.  Don't know why people bother.  

Yes, both are pretty incompetent.  yes, our politics are pretty much a joke right now.   But instead of learning from out mistakes we will probably head right back to the last incompetent guy.   

no no no, friend.  I am not a SIDES person. I have been blasted for weeks by people saying there is one and only one option for taking a vaccine after all I have been saying is I respect either decision people make. 

My reply was to you saying No, an effective and competent president could have gotten us through phase 1 of covid better.  it was low hanging fruit for a re-election and he couldn't get that done.  

That reads very much like a person who has a side in this. 

All that aside, the way to learn from our mistakes as you suggest is to stop politicizing the pandemic. Without trying to say it was this or that, this person or that, it would have been nice that when the country was reeling, that both parties would have supported the administration at the helm at the time instead of saying things like "I'm not sure I would take the vaccine if it became available" (and now that the other party is in power, executing sweeping mandates for it). 

• Love 1

46 minutes ago, GordonGekko said:

These links are for the undecideds, moderates and traditional liberals who read but never post.

Listen to how unhinged Biden becomes in the third link and in the audio clip where he's clearly not getting softball questions.

The sitting President of the United States says he wants to start answering questions and them someone else decides to cut him off. Think about that. He's the President. What does that say when someone else has the power to decide YOUR President should or should not speak to the American people.

And what collosal level of no confidence does it convey to American citizens when their president does not have a voice to communicate to the nation? 

Whether a person voted for the current president or not, in serious times, the people of the country have always wanted to hear from the president. Historically, there has always been a strong emphasis to convey a very strong position coming from the White House. 

If this country were attacked or at war, it would be frightful to think of the image our president would convey to the nation.  

Joe does it again...

President Biden said at a wildfire-focused event in Idaho Monday that his “first job offer” came from the local lumber and wood-products business Boise Cascade, but the company says it has “no record” of that being true.

Biden, who is renowned for sharing memories that did not happen, said that he regularly mentioned the job offer to his Senate colleague from Idaho, the late Democratic Sen. Frank Church.

The Post was unable to locate any prior record of Biden mentioning the company — including in news clippings archived by the Nexis and Factiva databases.

Biden’s 2007 memoir “Promises to Keep” does not mention the company or a desire to move to Idaho.

It’s unclear where the Idaho application would fit in the president’s Delaware-centric legal and political career.

https://nypost.com/2021/09/13/biden-claims-first-job-offer-from-idaho-lumber-company-no-record-of-it/

13 minutes ago, Shutout said:

And what collosal level of no confidence does it convey to American citizens when their president does not have a voice to communicate to the nation? 

Whether a person voted for the current president or not, in serious times, the people of the country have always wanted to hear from the president. Historically, there has always been a strong emphasis to convey a very strong position coming from the White House. 

If this country were attacked or at war, it would be frightful to think of the image our president would convey to the nation.  

Exactly.  This is not about Trump was bad and he was.  Biden is equally bad in his own way.

Except for Afghanistan Biden has been pretty much coddled by the MSM.  Right now inflation is killing poor families.  I stated earlier Bidens heyday was before my time.  I have watched many videos of him in to get a grasp on what he was about.  Biden was never good and from what I have watched had very racist tendencies, is a career politition and nothing more but I voted for him too.  But we had to pick our poison.

42 minutes ago, Summer Wheat said:

But it was NY with plenty of minorities marching against Biden and mandatory vaccines.  That would be right up your alley.

VIDEO: Joe Biden Falsely Claims That His First Job Offer Came From A Local Lumber Business Sep 13, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1cC6vSASK0

DIRECT HEADLINE: No log on Biden at Idaho lumber company where he claims to have received first job offer

By Misty Severi Mon, September 13, 2021, 5:58 PM

https://news.yahoo.com/no-log-biden-idaho-lumber-005800847.html

Speaking of vaccines and Biden, if Biden is demanding American citizens "trust him" and take the vaccine because it's for their own good and for the good of all of America, then why would they trust him if he's caught lying again and again?

Wouldn't it be much easier to bridge that apprehension and complete mistrust in the government, which spurs vaccine hesitancy, especially by the large cross section of minorities in America who are not vaccinated, if ... (wait for it).... BIDEN STARTED ACTUALLY TELLING THE TRUTH TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE?

Wow, who would have thunk it?

Someone who is caught lying over and over again is someone that many American people will refuse to trust when he says to go get the COVID19 vaccine!

And if some of these vaccine hesitant folks die of COVID19, but they might have taken the shots if Biden provided some semblance of integrity to the value of his word and bond, wouldn't that start laying some deaths on his doorstep?

Here's something I'll leave right in your alley -  If Biden's lies creates a tragic and unnecessary body count from COVID19, and given the scope and power of the Office Of The President Of The United States, wouldn't that make him the most effective "anti-vaxx" proponent in all of America right now?

9 minutes ago, the rover said:

you guys sure care about some weird things

Do you mean like:

1) The Truth

2) The kind of world our children will inherit

3) The functional cognitive ability of someone who has tactical command of up to 6000 nuclear weapons and can kill everything on the entire planet multiple times over.

Let me know which of things that you find the "weirdest" and we can mutually find other things clearly more important than our nation's integrity, the future of our children and avoiding nuclear holocaust.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Summer Wheat said:

Exactly.  This is not about Trump was bad and he was.  Biden is equally bad in his own way.

Except for Afghanistan Biden has been pretty much coddled by the MSM.  Right now inflation is killing poor families.  I stated earlier Bidens heyday was before my time.  I have watched many videos of him in to get a grasp on what he was about.  Biden was never good and from what I have watched had very racist tendencies, is a career politition and nothing more but I voted for him too.  But we had to pick our poison.

You may have chosen cyanide vs. alcohol poisoning. 

2 hours ago, Stealthycat said:

Not that I can recall. And if they did it would be silly and inappropriate. 

4 minutes ago, Zow said:

Classy. 

Prefer this?

https://www.amazon.com/Voting-Outdoor-Decoration-Grommets-Resistant/dp/B08MTGYQX4/ref=sr_1_12?dchild=1&keywords=trump+sucks+flag&qid=1631585269&s=lawn-garden&sr=1-12

If Amazon doesn't have it, you don't need it. Order quick if you want one...only 4 left. 

😀 And on that note, there are NO "Trump sucks" flags on Amazon..interesting. Tells us something.  

Edited by Shutout

1 minute ago, Shutout said:

Prefer this?

https://www.amazon.com/Voting-Outdoor-Decoration-Grommets-Resistant/dp/B08MTGYQX4/ref=sr_1_12?dchild=1&keywords=trump+sucks+flag&qid=1631585269&s=lawn-garden&sr=1-12

If Amazon doesn't have it, you don't need it.  😀 And on that note, there are NO "Trump sucks" flags on Amazon..interesting. Tells us something.  

What does it tell us? 

13 hours ago, Rubiobot said:

I don't blame you or other Trump supporters for not wanting to compare Biden to Trump because as bad as Biden has been he is not now nor will he ever be as bad as Trump.

If Trump was really better you would welcome the comparison.

I think its more like when your parents used to tell you not to hang out with people who are doing dumb things because others will think you are like them. 

4 hours ago, KarmaPolice said:

I think for many it's the personality of Trump that was the factor, so it's not hard to say he'll never be as bad as Trump.   

It all makes sense now.  A country full of Jerry Joneses decided they couldn't live with Jimmy Johnson anymore because of the personality so they cut off their nose to spite their face. It went okay for a short time when their new guy took over and was working with all of Jimmy Trump's stuff but then how's it been going ever since?  

Any Cowboys historians in here to help us out?

13 minutes ago, Shutout said:

And on that note, there are NO "Trump sucks" flags on Amazon..interesting. Tells us something.  

In one of the locked in private Conservative discussions groups I belong to, a hypothetical was run out.

What should Conservatives, particularly the hard line MAGA core base, do about the Anti-Trump merchandise out there.

My answer? Buy it all up. Then resell it for a profit when Trump does something to really piss people off ( which is almost all the time).

Then I was asked, how does that help? The Anti-Trump merchandise will still be out there.

I told them

1) Trump only won 2016 because he had over 2 billion dollars worth of unpaid media coverage, mostly from the left leaning MSM. There's no such thing as "bad advertising" for Trump. If you are talking about him, love or hate, Mark Burnett has done his job running his shadow campaign.

2) Now you have a legal database of many of the fringe radical extreme leftists. ( Lots of people hate Trump. But it takes a certain kind of hate to actually spend money to say you hate Trump) Information is power and a natural pathway for the truly Anti-Conservatives out there to reveal themselves is pretty useful.

Trump and Stephen A Smith have the same marketing model. If you are talking about them in anger, then they've done their job.

2 minutes ago, GordonGekko said:

In one of the locked in private Conservative discussions groups I belong to, a hypothetical was run out.

What should Conservatives, particularly the hard line MAGA core base, do about the Anti-Trump merchandise out there.

My answer? Buy it all up. Then resell it for a profit when Trump does something to really piss people off ( which is almost all the time).

Then I was asked, how does that help? The Anti-Trump merchandise will still be out there.

I told them

1) Trump only won 2016 because he had over 2 billion dollars worth of unpaid media coverage, mostly from the left leaning MSM. There's no such thing as "bad advertising" for Trump. If you are talking about him, love or hate, Mark Burnett has done his job running his shadow campaign.

2) Now you have a legal database of many of the fringe radical extreme leftists. ( Lots of people hate Trump. But it takes a certain kind of hate to actually spend money to say you hate Trump) Information is power and a natural pathway for the truly Anti-Conservatives out there to reveal themselves is pretty useful.

Trump and Stephen A Smith have the same marketing model. If you are talking about them in anger, then they've done their job.

You're giving away too many trade secrets, my man . 😀